Why do liberals/progressives/leftists/keynesians/keynesian republicans etc think it's a good idea to force house prices...

Why do liberals/progressives/leftists/keynesians/keynesian republicans etc think it's a good idea to force house prices up through central banking? Are they psychopaths or something? How could this possibly be good for the economy?

Shouldn't we have deflation, shouldn't house prices come DOWN so the average person could afford to buy a house? Shouldn't prices for capital required to build a house come down so it becomes super easy and inexpensive to build a house? In the 50s and 60s before we cut the dollar's tie to gold, inflation was much lower and a lot of people built their own homes instead of getting a shitty lifelong mortgage. Or if they got a mortgage they could pay it off in a small amount of time.

The concept of central banking seems more retarded by the day.

graph incoming

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5GoAGuTIbVY
rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-63309359.html?showcase=true&premiumA=true
rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-55075697.html?showcase=true
zillow.com/homedetails/642-W-Stephenson-St-Freeport-IL-61032/122367866_zpid/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okanogan,_Washington
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The boomers are in power and they see themselves benefit from the bubble

>The boomers are in power and they see themselves benefit from the bubble
I know, it fucking sucks, especially in Vancouver.

Watch Molymeme's video on housing prices. It's pretty good. Basically inflation is high because the people in charge make loads of profit and don't give a fuck about you.

>Basically inflation is high because the people in charge make loads of profit and don't give a fuck about you.
THIS

and there are actually cucks that DEFEND this bullshit, anti-market system

Either they don't understand economics, or they don't care and they just want to appease voters.

There's also other secondary factors pushing the market price up: crime in other areas and limitations due to federal, state and local ownership.

youtube.com/watch?v=5GoAGuTIbVY

god fucking dammit the government literally owns everything

The US federal government still owns the West. The Bureau of Land Management should allow homesteading again.

people are going to be fucked when the market crashes, imagine owing $500k on something worth $250k

Canada will fail as a state when this blows up

t. Morgan Stanley Mortgage Banker pre-2007

holy shit look at nevada, you can't own anything there

>we hyperinflate our jewish fantasy coin currency via nominal credit based "fractional"-banking but don't tell anybody xD

but it's not even worth 250. It's actually only worth 150k maybe.

Anyway I hope these boomer scum lose their houses and go bankrupt in debt so our generation can buy these houses

That graph is for the USA 2000-2007

Canada has been like that for three times as long, closer to 300-400.

Its like they think that the price going up means that everyone is becoming rich.

Canada will fail as a state as soon as the chinese population passes 50%. Vancouver is already done. You can't replace western people with third world chinks still have the west

The most hilarious metric is non-downtown GTA (aka scarborough, brampton, etc) houses going up 35% y/y to over 1M

Canada literally has the world's biggest housing bubble of all time. Bigger than Japan in the 80s, whose housing bubble was primarily concentrated on commercial

The CMHC has $600B in liabilities (equivalent to $6T in the US, far higher than the US ever did), yet just over $10B in liabilities. If the CMHC goes under, which it will, the Canadian tax-payer is on the hook.

The BIS has warned that Canada's credit-to-gdp ratio is 17%, nearly double the extreme warning level of 10% that statistically always precedes a financial crisis in a country.

OH MY GOD IM SCARED

I have 6k in debt and zero savings.
At least I'm employed.

When will this housing market crash, it's taking way too fucking long.

I was talking more along the lines of average wages per year going from 30K CAD to 10K CAD

We've already gone from around 50K/year to 30K/year with the media hush hush

>I was talking more along the lines of average wages per year going from 30K CAD to 10K CAD
Got any data and graphs for this?

More houses in sydney over 2 mill then under 600,000. It's fucking disgusting and cannot last.

>It's fucking disgusting and cannot last.
Then you need to FIGHT central banks.

Create protests and shit.
People are BLIND to this shit and it fucking pisses me off.

No, because it hasn't happend yet. But it will.

The only thing holding up the (((Canadian economy))) the last 15 years has been the housing ponzi scheme. Google Harper's secret bailout in 2008 to the tune of $120B from the CMHC (read all 6 major banks were bankrupt, CMHC was bankrupt, Canadian taxpayers would be on the hook for hundreds of billions if they marked the books). Instead the banks / CMHC stopped marking the books and the government passed the $120B bailout (500% annual budget) in secret

Because they are idiots on one hand they fight against corporations on the other they support ideas that make them poor and bankers rich

*50%

>The only thing holding up the (((Canadian economy))) the last 15 years has been the housing ponzi scheme. Google Harper's secret bailout in 2008 to the tune of $120B from the CMHC (read all 6 major banks were bankrupt, CMHC was bankrupt, Canadian taxpayers would be on the hook for hundreds of billions if they marked the books). Instead the banks / CMHC stopped marking the books and the government passed the $120B bailout (500% annual budget) in secret

My god, why does nobody talk about this?

preaching to the choir. Liveleak channel can prove im pro-active

CB's are partially to blame, but it's idiotic consumers primarily.

They're the same as crackheads

The boomers are artificially inflating the prices of real estate, food and other goods through their network of scamming.

You are witnessing full blown class warfare.

Facts don't matter, it's all about feelings

those sell for 1-3M in Toronto/Vancouver

and I'm being dead serious

In Van actually, given that it's pretty wide, and over 10-15ft from either side, aka a huge lot, would go for close to 10M

kek, that's actually pretty cheap compared to van/toronto

this.
fucking insane how expensive housing is in vancouver

im going to be moving there soon and I'm for sure renting

why would you move to Van? there are no jobs above 20-30hr and rent is hilarious

because if you have money, it's one of the nicest places in Canada I guess

not moving to van, maybe in fraser valley, close to usa border or something

I think a lot of people know this, especially all the people that browse Sup Forums but also realize that the people who control these banks have an insane amount of power and influence in every field so it's next to impossible to stop it. It makes me sick too OP but at the same time I've done nothing with my life to fight against it.

This house should only cost around 60k tops. It's a 50+ year old shit shack.

You are forgetting all the maintenance that comes with these old houses.

It should deflate.
It'd hurt like hell, and then after a bit, even if it's half a decade, the slate is cleared to go back to prospering over the next coming decades.

But, good luck convincing likely liberal voters they should have the market value of the thing they use to sleep and live in, go down.

Plus, when shit hits the fan, the left can run out with their dicks jacking in their hand, to bail out people and look like they're the heroes. What's the incentive to be responsible?

As an user said, if the non-bubble-caused value of something is closer to half what the pumped up value is, who wants to lose all that hypothetical jack?

People pump mad amounts of money into a house. It's not just a place to live, and call their own space on the map anymore, that you have to pay a bill to have.
It's seen as an investment pile of cash they just also happen to live in. The more the price is pumped up further, the more they see it as such. Screw the markets, I gots me some real estate, so to speak.

Any time something's value is pumped up far past it's actual utility, the bubble eventually pops,

Why do they think it's a good idea? Because for all the Keynesian talk about in the long run, they aren't even looking at things in terms of the mid-run. They want nummy contributey's for merchants wanting bail out insurance, and happy voters falling in line. Responsibility's for losers and sticks in the mud.

Austrians and other schools of economics can predict 95 out of the past 4 market downturns, but at least they do tend to have a somewhat sensible grasp of what measures come back and bite a nation in the ass, in exchange for ongoing, temporary, backlashing prosperity of a market bubble.

Its gonna pop in the next 2 years
First the government bonds will go
Then intrest rates sky rocket
Then no one can pay their debts, housing market will dro
Look up Martin Armstrong
Shits gonna get tight this November
Will continue to do so for 2 years, Thats when were gonna be at the lowest of lows
5 years from now we will have affordable housing and an economy that is slowly building itself up

This. It's a typical example of human stupidity and selfishness.

The sad part is these fucks don't even understand that this shit is the primary reason for why the middle class is vanishing. Housing prices directly effect the market for both mortgages and rent which results in both of these things costing multiple times more. The same boomer who complains about the value of their house falling will be complaining about how you can't live on a single income anymore. They are legit too fucking dumb to understand that the reason millennials are struggling is because we need to spend 900% more money on shelter than they did.

Fuck them so hard. Boomer hate thread.

>First the government bonds will go
when and how?

I can't wait.

I hope Maxime Bernier is there to pick up the pieces.

>Shits gonna get tight this November
Why?

States still do homesteading but its all in the most ass backward towns in kansas, nebraska, iowa, etc

People with the means to flip houses are becoming rich, for sure.

Land grab when the bubble burst, then more renters.

You have to wait
Its part of the process
People buy houses on credit with the notion their word is good and they will pay it back

If you rent from me, and youre a dead beat, I have to wait like 6 months before I can take you to court, once youre in court you say you need time for work, we wait another month or 2 then I take you back to court and youre ordered out

Its a long legal process that is carried out for hundreds of thousands of people you impatient fuck wit

the government bonds will go first

Our economy is bankrupt and the government cannot pay back the promised interest rates on bonds

I hope you know what a bond is.

I cant explain exactly why its gonna be November. Theres alot of factors in this.

Martin Armstrong has created an algorithm that has predicted alomst to the day, 10 economy crashes. The CIA want his code for it. He refused. spent 11 years or something like that in jail on trumped up charges

Research Martin Armstrong

>They are legit too fucking dumb to understand that the reason millennials are struggling is because we need to spend 900% more money on shelter than they did.

FUCKING THIS

Makes me so sad.

pay attention. we are going back to the mentality that only land owners should be rich. If you have some land given to you by your family thats been here for generations you will have a huge advantage over imigrants. there should be some inherent advantages for average citizens that have been here for generations, not just the very rich. I mean it wouldnt really be a very good ponze scheme if you couldnt pay the people higher on the pyramid more than the base.

Its harder and harder

Canadians are facing a sellers market right now

I recently sold my place for 280,000

I have been looking fo rmonth snow fo rsomething nw but the market is too hot

Everywhere I go, theres a showing, but offers are not being taken in for a week

At weeks end, theres 5 offers in and were all in a bidding war

Co Op Housing complexs where you buy a share in the co op (not the actual unit itself) are selling for 30,000 more than what the owner paid for

Its a sellers market right now

Invest in gold coins, not bars

Gold bars can be seized because they are seen as a way to launder money

Gold coins are a collectable

Invest in silver

Silver is very useful for medical equipment, electronics, trading, etc

bump thread. 10/10 starting material

this. its what happened in 2008, and sure as the sun rises each day its gonna happen again one day

if you own a home(s) u are becoming richer. but if u don't own one, u get fucked

dunno about what it's like in canada but in aus the RBA artificially lowers rates to stimulate economy eg more investment

housing bubble is just an unfortunate side effect for all those who cannot compete with the investing class

>b-b-but we need government to help the little guys

>people are going to be fucked when the market crashes, imagine owing $500k on something worth $250k
I can't wait to buy these houses.

These cucks spent YEARS investing into these properties and will end up with nothing. I didn't have to do jack shit and I will own their homes for literally nothing.

Based.

pretty interesting thread and not just ppl pretending to be muh economic master know everything bump for interest

youre gonna need a decent down payment, good credit and co signers

they dont just give you a mortgage

>Youth unemployment is at an all-time high
>Youth income is at an all-time low
>meanwhile housing prices are at an all-time high
>boomer wealth is at an all-time high
lel why are millenials such poorfags

>Are they psychopaths or something?

yes
jewish psychopaths

I have good credit and I'll probably have savings by then.

My point still stands.

Prices will be much lower.

Oh yeah but the banks will never make it easy

Being with the same employer for years helps and having the same residence for years looks good too

Get into RRSP and have a savings account (im rocking a tax free savings account and rrsps plus anything i can save in my chequing account)

I have to enlist into the military because my retarded boomer folks can't wrap their heads around why I can't afford a place after working 2 jobs and are kicking me out soon. Trying to get a place to live where I wont get robbed every other week In California is impossible.

Whatever, I'd rather get shot at in a fucking sandbox than stay here any longer. Boot camp here I come.

>booting their offspring out instead of helping them thrive
This is why the jews are winning
Hell, even the chinks know to take care of family

Dude you don't even know the half of it I asked then to give me 3 more weeks so I could bulk up a bit and study for the exam (and, to be completely honest, drain the last bits of THC out of my system) because I want to ace the test so I can look good and potentially rise above other soldiers and they got MAD at me because they have to wait longer to get their art studio or model making room back or some shit. It's fucking ridiculous.

I will be a better parent. I know everyone says that but I really will.

The worst part? It's not like I'm 30 and been leeching off them for 12 years. I'm 20 and I do whatever they need to help around the house. They have been hounding me to get out since the day I tuned 18.

ya the whole old folks home thing and two working parents/single parent families is whats causing that. people work longer and harder for less pay. the jews are winning becuase they are banded together and have a jewish supremacy state right in the middle of muslimland being protected by america for whatever reason.

do you by chance have a step father or mother?

They don't, they know it's a horrible idea and are knowingly screwing things up at the orders of Der Juden.

No I live with my grandparents since I was 6. My mom and dad are fucking losers.

>you don't even know the half of it
I know the whole of it
Cut ties with them, don't let them be an influence in your own kids lives, and teach your children to stick by family

ah shit man then you really do need to get out. why did you call them your parents before?

they essentially, and legally, are. I'm glad they got me away from my mom and all but they need to give it a rest.

How many people do you read and hear yapping about how the economic crisis was because greedy Lehman Brothers?

Literally, not even 10% of the population understands bubbles, how they are generated and policies that lead to them. With that piss poor economic education we're doomed to repeat them over and over.

theyre getting old man. they deserve some retirement time. how can you not afford an apartment with two jobs. this sounds fishy.

The other problem is these "gentrified" neighbourhoods where it's all just identical yuppie bistro restaurants with their exposed brick wall, chalkboard signs & gourmet burgers drizzled in cream sauces. The few commercial locations that aren't those are these boutiques with a rack of old dresses, a shelf of knick knacks like outdated cameras and a few shitty paintings/pieces of pottery.

My city is only like half a million people and he have no less than 5 neighbourhoods like this in the downtown alone. When I moved into my neighbouhood back in 2006 there was like 5 restaurants within a block now there's more than 40. There's no way that these places all are all making enough to pay rent money and they're just being built up with borrowed money which will be collected upon soon.

> rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-63309359.html?showcase=true&premiumA=true
this shit isn't just an American thing. what's worse, boomers have the guts to tell us that we don't want to move from our parent houses. What the fuck is wrong with this world.

>Being with the same employer for years helps
I've had the same job for 4 years and good credit
pretty sure they'd let me buy a starter home

If the average decent trailer park home costs 70k now, once the bubble costs it would be like 30k or so.

pretty sure anyone can afford that

>Get into RRSP and have a savings account
I really wish taxes in general were abolished.
Or at least capital gains tax, so people could retire again.

>(im rocking a tax free savings account and rrsps plus anything i can save in my chequing account)
There's government limits on that shit.
Especially now with cuck Trudeau

>Literally, not even 10% of the population understands bubbles, how they are generated and policies that lead to them. With that piss poor economic education we're doomed to repeat them over and over.
its pretty sad

I could afford a matchbox single-room apartment with a shared bathroom and kitchen witch only has a microwave and a sink with water that tastes like crayons and crackheads living on either side of me but it's the only place I can afford and I'm not fucking moving in there. I'd sooner put myself through boot camp.

I'm not exaggerating that either. My friend lives there and the fucking manager extorts everyone every chance she gets because she's a kike.

>rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-55075697.html?showcase=true

I hate this gay world

quote the price

In the USA, it is not central banking that created the bubble, it is the ability to wright off mortgage interest from one's taxes.

There are literally bargains galore in the housing market today. No, not in San Fran or NYC, but they are out there.

zillow.com/homedetails/642-W-Stephenson-St-Freeport-IL-61032/122367866_zpid/

quote the quads

it sucks you wasted your chance to relocate. I mean with 2 part time jobs and not making any money you could get welfare real easy.

no it isnt. this is fucking retarded. Its the predatory loan tactics. Its well known.

Splooge.

I wonder if a wfh culture and increasing delivery services will see a resurgence in the small towns since housing can be had for so cheap.

That's my dream - get a remote web dev job and get a cheap homestead.

>rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-55075697.html?showcase=true
lol and you dumb italian cucks vote for parties that increase inflation all the fucking time

end your central banks

free yourself

I think it was 500 or 550 a month lats I checked in. Could be more. Shouldn't pay a dime if you ask me, the place is inhospitable.

For even a slightly better place it goes into the thousands. It's a result of the sikhs in the area buying up all the places and holding them.

>oh but Sikhs are bros
my ass

>wright off

If he pays his rent then he makes too much money to get any welfare.

This. So will Australia and possibly NZ
Anyone with a brain hopes to hell this doesn't crash.

There will be no free capital to borrow to buy. You'll need 100% cash

Everything will be fucked beyond belief

BIS stated Australia is even worse. The worse in the developed world.

When the happening comes we can just take these old leeches properties over by force and send them to cuck shed concentration camps.

>Look at me
>We the boomer now

he said he cant pay rent though.

I have a moral objection to welfare. I am of the belief that welfare should not exist for anyone who is capable of working (anyone with two arms, legs and eyes whos not retarded) and as such I don't want to receive it myself. It's bad enough I have to live with my folks, I don't want or need daddy gov holding my fucking hand.

youll do fine then

i doubt were gonna have trudeau for another term

wynn is gonna get booted out of ontario at the next election

3 years from now were gonna have a conservative landslide

it happened in america, itll hapen with us

or we could go full left with the NDP, comdrade

>I would rather go be a welfare queen and get shot at instead.
ya nah your just lazy. but hell you'll get a free college education so go for it but dont waste the gi bill like most

A lot of the older and more established lefties like it because it fucks over white people.

To destroy the left it's essential to firstly crash the bubble.

>what's for dinner Reginald?
>fresh roasted boomer

>One city in Washington labeled
>Okanogan

The population was 2,552 at the 2010 census, within the Greater Omak Area.[5] It is the seat of Okanogan County. It has a small commuter airfield, Okanogan Legion Airport – (S35) with one paved runway of 2,533 ft (772 m) in length.[6]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okanogan,_Washington