This is what a surprising amount of Sup Forums users literally believe

This is what a surprising amount of Sup Forums users literally believe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SBPpmNobdt8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And they mock evolution because they don't understand it.

YOU THINK A BANANA TURNS INTO A MONKEY HUEHUE

well the alternative is that everything that exists just randomly appeared for no reason

Why does there have to be a reason for anything? When a bird shits on your head did he do if for an express purpose?

No he just let go of a turd and it happened to fall somewhere.

The universe is a system and it eventually gave rise to stars, the stars eventually gave rise to all the elements we have, the elements eventually gave rise to life under the right conditions.

There doesn't have to be a "plan" for everything, that's just our fallible way of thinking. Things happen because of chain reactions. And just because we haven't discovered the conditions to create life from scratch doesn't mean we won't in 10, 20, 100 years from now.

This obsession over WHY is a human failing.

There isn't always a WHY, sometimes there's only a WHAT and a WHEN.

Great, let it slide into the abyss because no one here has the ability to refute me.

Give an example of such circumstance...

Circumstances for there not being a why? I'd say life itself is that example. Why do we exist? No one knows. There is no why, there's only existence itself.

If a puddle forms in a hole it doesn't ask itself "why was this hole perfectly shaped for me to fit in?" It takes whatever shape the hole gives it.

So God just randomly appeared and created everything?

That's what I keep trying to point out but it doesn't make a difference.

They mock you for your explanation not being perfect, yet their explanation is THE SAME THING except THEY HAVE MAGIC MIXED IN!

Don't be so jealous of the G man bro.

>he thinks most of /pol is religious due to creationism and not for in it just for the morals

You can have morals with no religion. Read Sartre lad. Also, are you a creationist?

>became a jesus
kek

Why does Jesus look like a Jew?

Morals aren't tied to Religion, Religion ties itself to morals. That's how it stays relevant. I'm moral and I don't ascribe to Religion. Based on your logic that's impossible.

Free your mind and stop carrying ancient guilt.
>Muh moral compass
worst argument ever

Because he was a fucking Jew. Do you seriously think he was some Aryan viking-looking motherfucker?

> i'm moral
> implying

the abandonment of self-concern is the beginning of realizing oneness with this beautiful, non-sensical cosmos

Christ you people are delusional. one-word meme responses make you feel superior.

Believers are more intelligent than atheists.

Check Isaac Newton, Pascal, Lemaitre.

This topic is going places

Also, it LITERALLY 2016 and people still believe the evolution creation fairy tale. Haha.

Most of the "believers" you people like to take credit for are just deists. Deists are non-christian. Deists like the founding fathers would most likely be Atheist if they were alive today.

You leafs are a cancer that must be cleansed.

How do you claim to be moral in one post and then immediately follow it with a bald-faced lie?
I pray that God will have mercy on your soul.

What if God doesn't fit your definition? What if aliens who architect solar systems are "God". What if God is something beyond causality?

I'm not really a religious person, but I don't understand what atheists don't believe in. What is it exactly that you don't believe in?

"What is it exactly that you don't believe in?"

The myth of the all-powerful and all-knowing creator who runs EVERYTHING that just about every religion has.

At least religions that have multiple Gods has SOME credibility as the different jobs and handled by different Gods, but Christians and Muslims and Jews all thinking there's one guy who did everything just seems like such a small-minded and obviously human concept.

Prove to me I lied anywhere. Nothing I said was false. Deistic people think 'something' exists, they're not Christian. And no one cares about your "I'll pray for you" crap. That's the original form of virtue signalling.

Fuck off with your retarded generalization. The British said the same thing about you when you were still one of their aborted offspring.

Atheist don't believe in anything that can't be actually proven to exist. Most Atheists don't care if the universe was created by an explosion or aliens or pepe, just because there is no definitive answer YET doesn't mean theists can just insert their own answer as the true fact.
just search up Russell's teapot, that hopefully will explain to you why because something can't be disproven doesn't mean it exists.

Well half of his genes were from god so why not?

But why would that fishing pole evolve there? Makes no sense. Also why humankind have evolved from apes to men in 10 000 years?

>sub-quantum logic brainlet trying to reconcile his unscientific beliefs at the behest of an unsympathetic audience

It's not a fishing pole it's a lure to attract prey. Some animals use ambush tactics, some animals chase down their prey, some animals have built-in mechanisms to attract prey.

Who told you humans evolved from aped in 10 000 years? The earth is far older than 10 000 years and we have ancestors ranging back further than 30 million years.

>niggerposting
disregarded

you can't even comprehend that paradoxes are superpositions of coexistent axioms that show the limitations of classical logic. how can one expect you to contemplate god? you're being left far behind.

Amateur programmer here.
When you start out programming, you first do simple things and make sure those work.
As you get along, you build upon older projects, adjust them as needed.
To develop certain ideas, to fill certain "roles".
You make alterations that work, not beyond that, because you'd rather spend the time on something else than do needless perfection.

God started with basic stuff like single cells and basic organisms.
As he learned how to deal with the new environment, he advanced existing organisms, added stuff to them.
Because finding balance is hard, he inserted new organisms that build on the same principles to fill out certain roles that open up in nature.
Because he built up from old "code", there's similarities that might suggest one came from another.

There, I just combined creation and evolution. The only difference form the classic idea of creation is that god, while being the creator, is not perfect and all-knowing, but learning and improving as things go forward.

Now saying that this is the case, but just arguing for extremes seems so boring.

Yes but on your words it was an useless stub in their head until it evolved for some fucking random reason to glow and to be actually useful. Now why did it begin to glow and get brighter and brighter over time? Why did fish with an useless stub, that just for some random fucking reason started an evolving progress over millions of years, in their head have better change of survival than those who don't?

>implying you have to believe in creationism to be a christian

>Believes nothing transformed into something randomly for no reason.
>Actually believes inert non living matter magically transformed into living matter for no apparent reason.
Listen to this and get rekt by Greg Bahnsen you utter plebs. Also follow your worldview to its logical conclusion which invalidates all morality as being merely relative, and realize that you are still a cultural Christian just without believing in God. That is of course if your are not an egotist.
youtube.com/watch?v=SBPpmNobdt8

>we and Earth are just in the right zone for life to flourish on this rock
>God didn't do that
Oh leaf. Nothing's an accident.

What I'm supposed to walk you through it? It could have easily started out as a way for the fish to locate each other in the darkness of the ocean depths, and since it provided an advantage in finding food it was passed on.

>Actually believes inert non living matter magically transformed into living matter for no apparent reason.

There you go again with this same non-argument. Just because we don't have a working explanation at the moment doesn't mean we won't ever find one.

And I'm not watching some fucking 40 minute video when I have a shitty bandwidth limit. And Christianity isn't the only Religion that allows progress. Arabs worked out mathematics long before any Christians knew what the fuck was going on. Then Islam came and wiped out all the progress.

There are plenty of planets that are in the goldilocks zone, do you have any fucking idea how vast the universe is? It's pure coincidence that we happened to evolve here, and it's statistically improbable that there aren't other planets in the same type sweet spot to nourish life.

How long did it take for you to draw these?

I worked for ages, those were my final submissions for art school.

it's such a shame you can't even understand what i'm implying well enough to even attempt to refute it.

There we go. I'm Christian because I like the social structure and the morals. I believe in God, but I do not believe he interacts with us on a daily basis like every other member of my church.

No I get what you were implying, but you make the mistake of thinking I give a fucking shit.

Why do you thinking you're worth refuting when you can't present an argument to begin with?

Americans are such cocky, arrogant faggots with inferiority complexes and that's why everyone hates you.

>i still can't come up with anything, watch me flounder in despair and fury!

holy shit so true, i guess you know them the best since they are your first neighbors

Not my fault that you're a pleb. Evolution is complete pseudo science. If inert matter transformed into living matter randomly why would it not occur on other planets? Why is Earth the only planet that we know of that has life? Why have other animals not developed the level of intelligence that humans have?
Under the non theistic worldview how do you derive any coherent form of morality? If God is not real there is no way of postulating universal morals as such any actions would be permissible. The only morality non theists can conjure is utilitarian morality where people do "good" because it improves their lives and encourages happiness. But under that system of thought what is considered beneficial and "good" is subjective and would vary from person to person. Thus denying all universal morality, which is only valid in a Max Stirner or Nietzschean sense. If that is the case then anything becomes permissible murder, rape, theft,etc...

>I still think I somehow won an argument and refuse to re-examine the situation

>If inert matter transformed into living matter randomly why would it not occur on other planets?

This shows your lack of understanding. The universe is SO vast that even if it did occur elsewhere we'd have no way of knowing.

>Why is Earth the only planet that we know of that has life?
Same question as above, same answer. Just because we don't know of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist you mong.

>Why have other animals not developed the level of intelligence that humans have?
Grade-school level question. Orangutans can learn sign language and have an IQ higher than niggers. Dolphins are smart as fuck.

>Under the non theistic worldview how do you derive any coherent form of morality?
Hurr durr muh moral compass. It's a basic system of be nice to others so others are nice to you, everyone is better off. It doesn't matter if it varies from person to person, if one person thinks it's "good" to rape then the rest kill him. What matters is the value systems different tribes arrive at.

All you have is logic fallacies.

I hope that's just stupidity caused by being drunk on olive-oil.

If there's no overlying purpose for my existence what's the point of continuing to exist. Why do I have to deal with the crappy nuances of pain, suffering, disappointment, and fear when I could just remove my sentience via killing myself and go back to being sick-ass space dust.

Why did the entirety of evolution happen in the first place when there is literally no loss from death and a complete lack of benefit or reasoning for any organism to compete and grow.

Hell, the very fabric of reality is stuck together in a way that just so happens to work in our favor. Why are the laws of physics the way they are? Why don't they fluctuate and change? Why isn't there just a pure absence of all things including empty space itself and that be it.

Without some from of purpose to life, give me one good reason why I should continue to be self-aware of my surroundings and not be hanging from a noose.

>being this much of a whiny faggot
honestly you should just off yourself

So many planets and so vast and yet no evidence of life on other planets, and I have a feeling we never will find life on other planets.

Orangutans do not possess intelligence. Animals don't have souls, they cannot produce master pieces of art or ponder the existence of God. When they die they simply return to the Earth while men continue on.

This is not a valid answer. People can't discern legitimate morality from "a basic system of be nice to others". There still is no valid reason for any form of universal morality under an atheistic system. The atheist believes that the murderer and the rapist who are not caught never face any retribution.
Psalm 14The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Stealth

Wanna do it together?

Maybe your purpose is just to participate in passing on your genes, because we'll eventually become space-colonizing super-beings. We're just not there yet so do your part and pump out some kids.

>So many planets and so vast and yet no evidence of life on other planets, and I have a feeling we never will find life on other planets.

We've only been looking for 100 years you fucking moron. Give it some time before you throw in the towel. We can't even make it out of our own solar system yet and you're convinced the entire universe is sterile. This is what I mean when I say you have no understanding of the vastness of space.

>Orangutans do not possess intelligence.
Tell that to chantek. He was raised as a human child and given tons of attention from birth, he could fluently communicate on the level of a child. When forced to coexist with other orangutans and stripped of human contact he became depressed and referred to other orangutans as "orange dogs."

>Animals don't have souls, they cannot produce master pieces of art or ponder the existence of God. When they die they simply return to the Earth while men continue on.

I could say the same thing about niggers user.

>The atheist believes that the murderer and the rapist who are not caught never face any retribution.

And you believe every bully who ever called you faggot will burn in hell. It's the ultimate revenge fantasy you deluded moron.

>There still is no valid reason for any form of universal morality under an atheistic system.

This is the same inability to comprehend that prevents you from grasping life throughout the cosmos.

You continue to exist if you think life is worth living. You don't need a grand meaning to think life is worth living. If you don't think it is, kill your self.

No, I enjoy living

What, no response? Did I make you ponder?

>Psalm 14The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

You literally have nothing but useless verses. That's nigger-tier. Of course the bible would say people who don't believe are bad. It also says the bible is true, and it must be true cause it's in the bible and the bible said so.

I could write an opposite book that says "The fool hath said in his heart, there is a god. They are close-minded and anti-progress, there is none that doeth good."

People would say SEE THE BOOK SAYS YOU BELIEVE AND THAT'S BAD SO ITS TRUE!

ev·o·lu·tion
ˌevəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/
noun
the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.
synonyms: Darwinism, natural selection
"his interest in evolution"

the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form.
"the forms of written languages undergo constant evolution"

God has genes?

Are you implying God isn't omniscient and needs to 'learn'? That he behaves like humans? wew

God has DNA just like Jesus rode a dinosaur with a saddle. They always have to update their mythology to keep up with science.

The way the world is, is how it was 100% supposed to be.

If this wasn't the case, it would not be.

You're asking nonsensical questions. Begone.

People use that non-argument all the time. "Why is gravity just strong enough for us to exist and why are the laws of physics perfect"

The laws could have been anything, they just happen to be what they are and we adapted to the system. Does a puddle of rain ask "why was this hole in the ground the perfect shape for me to form?" The puddle takes whatever shape the hole gives it, but it's still a puddle.

I feel like I've done a good job defending and explaining my positions and refuting those who challenged them. I'm sure a few of these idiots went away thinking they won and not responding anymore.

And that's exactly what I'm gonna do now.

>
>Maybe your purpose is just to participate in passing on your genes, because we'll eventually become space-colonizing super-beings. We're just not there yet so do your part and pump out some kids.

That's implying the continuation and success of our species has any meaning.

Perhaps we'll one day be seeding the galaxy with life. Lots of scientists think life arrived on earth via a meteor. Extremophile bacteria can survive in space and hitch-hike on comets.

So if we one day unlock the mysteries of the universe and expand our civilization to multiple homeworlds, we can potentially be the lifebringers that seed planets with the building blocks that allowed us to form.

Still there seems to be no real 'point' other than multiplying but that's just because we haven't figured it out yet. We're unenlightened.