Playtonic removes controversial YouTuber JonTron from Yooka-Laylee

>Playtonic removes controversial YouTuber JonTron from Yooka-Laylee
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-23-playtonic-removes-controversial-youtuber-jontron-from-yooka-laylee

Do we all agree to turn Yooka-Laylee into an "alt-right" symbol if Jon Tron's voice acting gets removed, lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.co.uk/2017/03/23/yooka-laylee-ditches-jontrons-voice-acting-over-his-personal-viewpoints
forums.playtonicgames.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=38mqIXtG81s
youtube.com/watch?v=c2485MmEBwI
youtube.com/watch?v=vI2Wq9eSniY
twitter.com/SirPsychoBexy/with_replies
playtonicgames.com/team/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Facts are never racist

Reading the threads about this on Sup Forums is giving me cancer. It's so compromised. What the fuck happened?

That's why you pretend the facts aren't facts. You make up your own reality.

>i donated this garbage on kickstarter.
I'm pissed

>Do we all agree to turn Yooka-Laylee into an "alt-right" symbol if Jon Tron's voice acting gets removed, lads?
You absolute sperglord... No one fucking cares.

I hope that fat fuck an heros soon.

Yooka is going to be a shit game anyways. Get Hat in Time instead.

Sup Forums died when Gamergate got banned on moot's orders. Whatever is left of Sup Forums is on the other chan now.

Sup Forums time to go back the way we had things done in 2014

#GGisback #MakeVidyaGreatAgain

Call our allies from the other chan. Who wants a little chaos in their boring lives?

Can someone with a higher power level than me please redpill and/or destroy this guy please?
He's absolutely begging for it and I don't even know where to start.

kotaku.co.uk/2017/03/23/yooka-laylee-ditches-jontrons-voice-acting-over-his-personal-viewpoints

>Supporting Slag

Sup Forums is just pissed off because the devs are deleting threads/local banning people for talking about it on the steam discussion forums

>nu-Sup Forums is this pathetic

He seems pretty white to me.

IGNORE POSTS FROM THIS USER
Smart shill attempting to slide topic into nostalgia and Sup Forumsraiding
STAY ON TOPIC

It's not garbage.
Just that the people who make it are.

>Under Federal law, employers generally cannot discriminate against employees on the basis of:
>Race
>Sex
>Pregnancy
>Religion
>National origin
>Disability (physical or mental, including SOUP status)
>Age (for workers over 40)
>Military service or affiliation
>Bankruptcy or bad debts
>Genetic information
>Citizenship status (for citizens, permanent residents, temporary residents, refugees, and asylees)

Why the fuck didn't we include political affiliation when writing this?
Call up your representatives and put forth an amendment to the law stipulating that you can't fire someone for their political beliefs.

>inb4 shills try and claim this isn't a political statement
Explain this:

Just get Snake Pass instead. It's out in 5 days.

>They added that they are opposed to the sentiment behind Jafari’s comments, and they don’t want any of that to bleed over into the game they’ve created.

Looks like it's getting removed just because of his views. Sad!

This is disappointing. Still looking forward to the game though.

I was going to buy this. I loved BK.

Now I will pirate 100 copies.

Did playtonic actually release a statement yet or do we just have these third party articles about it?
I shot them an email asking about it.
If they get back to me and say yes is there anyway to get my pledge back?

I loved Banjo as a kid and I was hyped for this game too.

any comment i make on gaming websites defending jon is being deleted
fuck those lefty cunts

I'm no shill my shit is organic.

#YookaShadialayLee

That's the thing that confuses me. Most of this team are former Rare employees who worked on banjo and Conker, and they definitely aren't SJWs. I bet it was just One executive and most of the Devs don't give a shit.

>they're worried that the political opinions of a voice actor will nazify their game's programming

You can't make this shit up.

Just pirate it.

Numerous articles on it with quotes from Playtonic.

>“We recently became aware of comments made by voice artist JonTron after development on Yooka-Laylee had been completed,” developer Playtonic told GamesIndustry.biz.

>They added that they are, on no uncertain terms, opposed to the sentiment behind Jafari’s comments, and they don’t want any of that to bleed over into the game they’ve created.

>“JonTron is a talented video presenter who we were initially, two years ago, happy to include as a voice contributor in our game,” they said. “However, in light of his recent personal viewpoints we have made the decision to remove JonTron’s inclusion in the game via a forthcoming content update.”

>JonTron getting BTFO still after debating with Destiny
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA *breathe* HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

stay mad shill

Pirate it, and encourage others to pirate it as well.
It's not about JonTron, it's about companies bending over for "tolerance"

I'm still going to hold out a sliver of hope until I hear it from an official source.

What did Kenton Fogarty say that you need help on?

>Oh damn, I've been wanting to play a sequel to Banjo-Kazooie for 15 years but now I can't because there's a sound clip of a literal nazi making grunting sounds in it!

Said no gamer ever

never going to play this game now. i was planning on buying it but not after this. remember to boycott all SJW companies

Or just don't play it and stop giving them free publicity when you end up telling your friends about it / talking about it online.

Hungary? more like cock-hungry

Someone already left a link earlier in this thread

They have forums, don't know if it'll change owt if enough people complain.

forums.playtonicgames.com/

Pretty sure they're not an American company. Also pretty sure you'd get fired from most major American companies for saying any of the "race realism" stuff Jontron was espousing during his debate with Destiny.

Already did user. I actually donated and emailed the devs in detail why they shouldn't have done this.

since everything we touch becomes a right wing nazi death symbol, how about we fuck with them and make these characters our guys, one of them is somehow related to pepe desu

MAKE THE BEST TIMELINE KEK! BRING Sup Forums BACK!

>couple of voice lines might get removed
>Oh no I don't want to play it anymore

petty much

I like this meme.

I remember catching the tail end of Sargon and Destiny, where Destiny is literally screaming and sperging out by that point. It was great going back and listening to how it came about.

is it true that north Africans have the smallest dicks. thats probably why you're all so angry

Fuck video game "journalism". They are all leftist pussies

Yes they are. Facts are very racist

This, from day one buy to day one pirate

WHOAH calm down there tough guy

>Supporting the team that made Banjoke Cuckzooie
Meanwhile in Spyro
youtube.com/watch?v=38mqIXtG81s

These threads are magnets for outside people. There are lots of people who don't really want to talk about videogames, at most post about consoles and new releases, instead eaiting for these threads to go spread poz. Actual threads about video games, specially the semi frequent "almost generals" have more level headed people and less shitposting.

how to get people to boycott your shit 101

Spyro is sub-par when compared to Banjo.
Also:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2485MmEBwI

I have never even heard of this game until this "controversy" erupted. Really makes one think.

You're trolling, but not sure if trolling shill...

See
I'm not sure that will really do much. If lefties complain then it's ok (no matter how aggressive and violent their sentiments) but if anyone argues against the left then it's "death threats, online harrassment and cyber-violence". Oh and probably hate speech, if you say you agree with anything JonTron said.

IM ANGERY

I never left Sup Forums. infinity ch was too small, slow, and had some weird ass layouts and settings. Not the same. Couldn't leave Sup Forums.

Facts aren't racist but they can and often are used to promote racist ideologies. People want to cite statistics about black people and muslims but they don't understand how statistics work at all. It may be true that blacks disproportionately commit more crime, but suggesting that a black individual is more likely to commit crime based on this statistic is in fact not true and racist. Statistics are a measurement of past and present, not an indicator or predictor of the future. If you flip a coin 10 times and get heads 10 times, that doesn't mean that you are more likely to get tails on your 11th flip, the odds are still exactly 50/50.

Time to fight for our culture again.

Same. I guess it's just marketing kikery.

I think it's better this way, at least I won't build any kind of hype for this game now.

He should just tell them to fuck off?

If that is their "corporate vision" then they are not worth your time or effort, let alone your money.

Quite why this brightly coloured monstrosity of a game is popular with people over the age of 10 is another matter, of course, but even if it was an edgy kill-em-up for adults, if the producers want to play politics, leave.

If enough people do this, it's over for the shills who deploy virtue signalling over, you know, making a good game?

Fuck, playtonics.

Where the fuck is the official statement? The only sources I can find stating this are fucking Polykike, Kotaku and some literally who website called gamesindustry.biz. I don't know if you realise this, but Polygon and Kotaku have a bit of a history with the old flat out making up news to stir shit.

Why the fuck do they feel the need to virtue signal so fucking hard.
Just make a god damn good game and I'll buy/play it. Jesus Christ. Spiderman looks great, but this is incessant need to just fucking show how not racist they are is so fucking off-putting.

Where is Naked Ape? He wiped the floor with Destiny.
Destiny ragequit and almost started to cry in the end of the stream, it was hilarious.

>appeasement to some blue haired freaks that won't even buy your game
>your fans and supporters are pissed and retract their support from the game
>your game flops
>blame gamers and your fans

it's the circle of modern game development

Remember when games weren't used to push your political agenda?

read my posts user. one shitpost doesn't mean i'm trolling

I backed bloodstained as soon as it went up. Hat it time looks interesting too.

>All the women right on the front row.
Literally none behind that front row, they actually seriously shoved all 6 women in their studio to the front row to make them seem diverse.

One could argue that Yooka Laylee was only possible because of Jons influence on the younger generation and actually throwing a lot of support and hype behind it. This is shitty as fuck given how much he helped them

and from around the same time during the same era from some of the same developers who are making Yooka-Laylee today:

youtube.com/watch?v=vI2Wq9eSniY

It was a different time, not that there is anything inherently wrong with this in my opinion, it's just that nowadays I think most creators would be fearful of creating a character as stereotypical as these.

Ya, that shit is pretty fucked.

Well, in silicon valley's case it's all about money.

A few H1B-esque visas instead of employing an american saves them a shit tonne, so of course they scream blue murder at the prospect of having to share a few nickels more with the little people.

Funny, really. All of that West Coast SJW rhetoric is just literally about not paying workers a fair wage. Quite how they get away with twisting this towards their SJW audience just underlines the idea that those people are one-issue solipsists who will buy any bullshit if it ticks their box. Of course, they don't then go out and buy the product, which is the deadly flaw in this money grab.

Just boycott this brightly coloured bullshit nostalgia rape. Even if JonTron is voicing a nazi in it, he should know better than to get involved with people like that.

>listening to destiny (literally who) and jontron (literally who) debate
>mfw

How can this all work so flawless, not used to all that winning. Still not tired of it. Praise Kek

You are all being played like a fiddle by Polygon.

There has been no official statement and you are all ready to believe these venomous words straight from the mouth of your arch nemesis?

>Shut down that Christian bakery! They should serve everyone unconditionally!
>A game developer can choose to remove someone's work for any reason, you bigot

I'm just so tired of it all.

twitter.com/SirPsychoBexy/with_replies

This lady works for Playtonic. I can't find anything about her wanting to #KillAllMen or anything, but she's clearly a progressive feminist. The type who made posts about crying after Brexit and Trump. (Fun Fact: Her handle is a reference to a Red Hot Chili Peppers song where a character objectifies and sexes multiple strong, independent women.)

The whole team is listed here: playtonicgames.com/team/

A lot of their accounts are private, so it's hard to find anything meme-worthy, but it's pretty clear the whole team is a bunch of hateful leftists, crying about smashing fascism and the like. If we can find one tweet about how much white people suck, or something similar, we could meme that image and crash their credibility with no survivors.

If not, we may at least be able to find enough to prove they removed JonTron for political reasons, and show that their love of "diversity" and "making games of everyone" is a load of horseshit.

I'm going to keep digging, feel free to join in.

So pic related was not just a meme?

Also, what are we waiting to find another 800 bigoted and racist things in the game needing to be cut out?

Let's make this game 100% SAFE AND COMFORTABLE for every single demographic, guys!

Starting with removing the clearly anti-semitic jewish stereotype of a big-nosed businessman as the villain of the franchise.
Disgusting.

>yfw you didn't fell for the yooka layle meme

To be fair, a lot of them still don't.

It's more that the virtue signalling as PR has gotten out of hand, probably because the importation of in-effect slave workers on employee-replacement visas has also gotten out of hand in some companies.

If you discover a studio is employing H1Bs or the equivalent, don't buy their shit. It's not like they are making good shit if they are fucking indigenous employees over to shovel it, are they?

Part of the problem lies with a certain element of "gamers" ( we were called dorks back in the good old days, and we lied about spending all summer holiday trying to beat R-Type) who will buy just any old hyped piece of shit on pre-order. Stop it, you tools, you are fucking everything up way more than even the corporate suits.

Stop talking out your ass. A coin flip is random.l, but there's a reason different races commit disproportionate levels of crime. Point is, if you pick a random black man from America and a random white man from America, it is more likely the black man has committed and will commit crime than the white man.

>Yooka Laylee is made by SJWs, Kotaku said so

Kek, nice, user.

This is the best way to react to Playtonic not wanting to be associated with controversial views.

Sup Forums OC including Yooka-Laylee.

Destiny is such a fucking faggot. That's all I got to say.

It's painful to remember the past, then look at the present.

That's not true but okay.

I know for sure Microsoft, Rockstar, EA, & Insomniac have used H1B visas.

>caring about shitty indie games

Glad I didnt donate

The fuck do you mean, they gave official comment as far as I'm aware.

To who?

people don't understand statistics!
>doesn't understand statistics.

Not to mention Rockstar's employment of Brits over American VAs. That's another form of undercutting the indigenous workers, driving down job security and wages. Same goes for Hollywood: why are there so few Americans in movies? We produce good actors, but we're not that good. It's that they can pay us less for the same work.