50s VS 80s

I'm sure everyone, at least in the states, knows how the 80s is constantly hailed as this perfect golden age.

How can we replace the 80s ideal with the 50s ideal in pop culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

neociceroniantimes.wordpress.com/2016/04/24/things-that-have-helped-to-destroy-americas-social-cohesion-part-1-the-suburbs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>80's
Reagan Era, Christianity resurgence, healthy living resurgence
Why not?

50s were shit too
less shit, but still shit
everything post mdoern is shit
urbanization are shit
technology is shit
deagrarization is shit
life is shit
i want to kill myself

because that isn't what they're talking about

Not an argument

wasnt supposed to be an argument
im using pol as a replacement since normies flooded r9k

fair enough.

Carry on.

Marriage. The fall of the family spells demise for any population group. With no daddies to be found in Native American/Black communities, you get slime that passes for culture. (I grew up on the reservation and you wouldnt believe the degree of debauchery that is common place and even celebrated)

More importantly, kick ass music and aesthetics.

The peak of pop culture. After the 80s, the corporations consolidated their global conquest and everything went to shit.

>urbanization are shit

This. Cities were a mistake OP. Both the 50s and the 80s hailed cities as being the framework for a universalist ideal of progress that would unite people around the world. But what have we really gotten from this ideal? Crime. Social alienation. Terrorism. Urbanization began before the 20th century obviously, but at least cities still had some of the cultural character of their nation. Now every city in the world is defined by glass boxes and Starbucks.

wasn't the 50's all about moving to the suburbs tho?

>life before penicillin
>life before the internet

Why the fuck do people romaticize this shit so hard.

You do realize that in the 50's - Basically Late 2000s nerd culture was mercilessly mocked and bullied. Yet you unironically post these fantasies in a fucking Japanese Anime board.

You wouldn't have been a Mustang driving Chad dating cutie hippie Stacies in the 70s. You would have been some goofy as fuck nerd named Flynn playing DND in your mom's basement.

neociceroniantimes.wordpress.com/2016/04/24/things-that-have-helped-to-destroy-americas-social-cohesion-part-1-the-suburbs/

yes

The visitors room.

>reservation

I've always seen these places as cozy rustic communities where racial purity were protected by force of law. The overcrowding is of course shitty, but I don't understand why we don't see more people in these places reverting to traditional dwellings just for the sake of getting some personal space. The teepee is underrated. Very heat efficient desu. In fact, wasn't the whole point of these reserves just to protect land for individuals who preferred the traditional native lifestyle?

wrong
i would have been sweeping cow shit with my grandparents then because internet would be out of our price range and basically sci fi tier

>before the internet
internet is degenerate anyways, maybe i would get some social contact
>before penicilin
penicilin LITERALLY saved my life so id definetely be better without it

Are you fucking retarded, user? The 80s were garbage.

>Reagan Amnesty
>Post Sexual-Revolution
>Increasingly nonwhite America

The ONLY thing that was arguably made better was the revocation of a few liberal economic excesses that the 70s brought.

America was 90% white in the 50s with a strong white identidy with morals and had immigration laws to keep it that way

>peak of pop culture
The movies were corny as fuck desu. I noticed how films progressed, and I can tell you that besides the occasional liberal banter and globalist propaganda, they have gotten better. As for the fashion, I'm a fan of 80s hair. Music was pretty comfy, I listen to vaporwave unironically.

Yea agreed

Sex would have been better in the 60s-70s

Idk wtf women were doing with their hair until the late 90s

>I'm sure everyone, at least in the states, knows how the 80s is constantly hailed as this perfect golden age.

I have literally never heard of this before. The 80's are constantly mocked as the decade pop culture decided to shit itself. Who the fuck are you talking to that sees the 80's as anything positive?

The 1980s were the last great American decade.

what? you grew up in a reservation? post kayakchink hands with timestamp or gtfo

thing is back in the 50's everyone grew up in a family, so we wouldnt be nerds if we were born then.

True, we are autistic fucks because of internet and family issues.

Where the fuck do you live? Portland?