Why are conservatives so hellbent on overturning settled law?

Supreme Court Nominee Neil Gorsuch has called gay marriage settled law. President Donald Trump has taken a similar position. Why are a handful of states still engaging in failed attempts to justify their hatred of gay people through religion? Do they really think that is more important than standing up to unchecked immigration?

Even the Mormon church is reaching out to gays now:

youtu.be/J1bgooicLEE

fox17.com/news/local/lgbt-groups-fear-tennessee-bill-could-affect-gay-marriage-and-adoption-laws

As written, HB-1111 "requires that undefined words be given their natural and ordinary meaning, without forced or subtle construction that would limit or extend the meaning of the language, except when a contrary intention is clearly manifest."

The TEP believes the bill could affect gay marriage and adoption laws. The TEP says the bill is similar to a previous bill that focused on the words "husband," "wife," "mother," and "father" be given their natural and ordinary meaning, without forced or subtle construction."

kansas.com/news/business/article140354743.html

Two bills that opponents say have led to boycotts in other states and could jeopardize Oklahoma's ability to attract major sporting events have been derailed in the Oklahoma Senate.

The Republican-controlled Senate voted 25-18 on Thursday against a bill that would have prohibited cities and towns from enacting ordinances that protect gay people from discrimination in housing and employment.

Coalgate Republican Sen. Josh Brecheen wrote the bill and says it was intended to protect people's sincerely held religious beliefs.

After the bill failed, the author of a second measure to allow businesses to discriminate against gay people withdrew his proposal.

Other urls found in this thread:

man2manalliance.org/crw/warriorspeak/phallus.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Being gay is a mental illness spread by raping children.

So the 58 percent who weren't raped are all just outliers by your theory?

Were likely exposed to other things at a young age that affected them. Being gay is a mental illness.

There's no such thing as settled law. I hope someday we repeal the civil rights act, t b h.

Such as?

Can you give instances where rights in the U.S. previously given to new classes of people have been rescinded federally?

Fuck sodomy and fuck you.

Every year, libtards rescind the 2nd amendment in little pieces.

Check out this site. There are a whole group of gay men who do not believe in sodomy.

man2manalliance.org/crw/warriorspeak/phallus.html

I meant civil rights, user. To my knowledge there have not been major reversals in U.S. law since the dawn of the 20th Century on civil rights newly acquired being taken away federally.

Get your faggot ass outta here

cute id color

>I meant civil rights, user.
I am too you butt nugget. What do you think is securing your rights from the government?

I'm not anti-gun, I'm trying to suggest that new classes of people who are given rights based on identity in federal law rarely have those rights taken away in the future in U.S. history.

You're right, once people vote for gibs (social or monetary) it becomes politically impossible to revoke them. This is the fundamental problem of democracy.

Well unless we run out of money for said gibs. Just seems pointless to me to focus on gays when immigration is such a larger issue that most politicians are rather cowardly in their stances on.

So where exactly was the democratic vote for this? I don't recall all 50 states having a say in the matter

Is it impossible to focus on two things at once?

The right to guns is constantly being taken away. And yes, these are predominantly right-wing people that own guns.
The right to free speech is constantly being attacked because of political correctness.
You can continue to narrow down your gripe, but you're wrong about rights being infringed on.

First it will be "just hillbillies losing their guns". Then it will be "just mean people on the internet losing their free speech". Before you know it, it we'll be like Germany where anyone from the political right is put in jail for having "illegal opinions".

White man being tribal.

"No shitskins or niggers are gonna tell white queers how to live their lives."

White above all else.

Don't empower non-whites against whites.

If a non-queer white lets a mudslime kill a white queer for being queer, then the mudslime will kill a non-queer white next time.

Hands off whites.

>Settled law
It's because it sin't settled law that they want to overturn it. It's not the supreme court's place to practically make laws by forming twisted interpretations of existing ones. Judicial (((activism))) is just an undemocratic way to bypass the legislature.
If you want (((progressive))) changes made, take it to Congress.

the gist is...

Only non-queer whites have the right to punish white queers.

Too many non-whites have power now. You gotta protect the white queers to protect yourself.

Well no but doesn't seem like most of them are putting as much effort into lobbying for relatively hard to pass anti-immigration laws vs easy bills in a Republican controlled legislature to restrict gay rights. 3% can't ever form a solid enough voting bloc to defend themselves but Hispanics will soon enough be a majority in many states. Just seems like they are taking the easy path not the righteous but difficult one.

you gotta remind non-whites that a white degenerate is worth more than a well behaved non-white.

Pecking order:

1) Morally upright white man
2) white women
3) degenerate whites
4) any non-white

Anything that causes development-impairing trauma like vaccines or getting really sick or being bullied or divorce. This is why 'vaccines are safe goy' is a hardfast rule. They are safe if you think they are. Once disassociated people become very susceptible to a particular style of propaganda. Which varies based on past experiences. Which is why they standardize schools and use mass media.

fun theory

Because it sucks. What's holding it all up is the fact that they can't agree on how far they should rip it apart.

There's nothing righteous about gay rights.

Righteous in the sense of pursuing difficult to attain border regulations vs. easier to pass social laws. One does the public a much bigger general good.

Underrated. Legislating from the bench is bullshit, regardless of the decision. If you're going to let a handful of people who can never be removed from office call the shots, we may as well go back to the monarchy.