TOP KEK

Guys... this is just hilarious.
Title: Overheard my boss admitting that he pays me next to nothing because I'm a black woman.
reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/6127wd/overheard_my_boss_admitting_that_he_pays_me_next/?st=j0mwdus6&sh=7afff9b0

sheboon with no degree should be happy she has a job at all to earn experience

>plebbit reads will be dumb enough to think this is real

What's hilarious about it?

>my boss is doing something illegal, so instead of going to the proper authorities lemme go to reddit xDDDDDD

This has to be fake.

If true cant she sew them because unequal pay is illegal in the US already.

But finally.

>I am self thought.
>Javascript, PHP, MySQL

Maybe she legit sucks. This is why USA out sources these jobs to pajeets. This is really low level stuff.

Let me think... her story telling is as bad as her programming. She doesn't mention her experience... she doesn't mention if she has a degree. Furthermore, she mentions Javascript, PHP and MYSQL (no frameworks)... these technologies are more than 15 years old. I honestly think that 25k is more than enough for her.

Obvious fake is obvious.

she says she is self thought so i think she doesn't have a degree.

>normies thinking you can just simply be a software developer.

>black woman
>showing up to work at all
>showing up to work on time
>showing up to work early
Some lies are just too big to be believable.

>nu/pol/ will think this isn't a jew behind this shit

Well I mean since it's all made up you may as well use reddit as a way to launch yourself to a sympathy career instead of contacting the authorities.

>People won't hire a black woman in tech

The person who wrote this is delusional, companies jump at the chance to hire black women to keep the government off their back, tech is systematically racist in favor of black people and women. Not because there is a problem with minority representation in tech, plenty of Asians and Poos, just simply because specific minorities haven't succeeded therefore there is racism.

shitthatdidnthappen.jpg

Any black woman that was actually getting underpaid because they felt "nobody else would hire them" is an idiot that doesn't realize the reality of diversity quotas, so maybe she deserves her salary.

Move around jobs and feel free to make way more than a White male or Asian male would with the same level of experience. Being black and being a woman is a free meal ticket in tech. She's just not looking hard enough.

A black woman not trying to be a welfare queen nigger and you guys are shitting on her efforts? Come on now, it's fair to hate niggers, but not this.

>"she's good at what she does, but to be honest who else is going to take her? Tech is a boys club, a white boys club and most people wouldn't hire her, so I get away with it."

If you believe that this actually happened then I have a lovely bridge you might be interested in buying.

>etc

to be fair if you're extraordinarily good or have a portfolio of work yeah you really can be, but not niggers obvs.

>most likely fake
>no college experience what so ever
>programming

point is being extraordinarily good isn't simple. Plus this isn't the 90s anymore software has gotten way more complicated.

>JavaScript, PHP, MySQL
>black female ( ( dev ) )
>120k
kek

"Tech is a boys club"

So her boss speaks exactly like the fantasies of tumblr feminists? Wow, this must be a true story

just 3 of the most commonly used languages...
>not mentioning frameworks
It's not her CV.

that said, still obviously a liar because that's alleging a crime and going to reddit instead of suing for discrimination which is pretty much an "I WIN" card regardless of having a case or not

these kinds of stories are a dime a dozen from sheboons. love it

From the thread:

>I'm not even the most junior developer here. There's a senior, two mid levels (myself and a guy who has a year of experience on me) and a junior who so far mostly does HTML/CSS. Half the time he is under my direction and I am helping him, yet he makes 50k (this is what he told me, so it may not be true but I have no reason to not believe him).
I have the feeling that if I ask my boss why a junior is being paid more than me I would be fired. I am timid.
I have built multiple websites for clients at this business completely alone. Front end, backend, databases.

>This is my third year in the industry. I have a website and portfolio. I try to streak on my github. I attend meet ups and job fairs. But I'm still holding out hope.

>I actually use React (and jQuery) here at work. They have me teaching the junior developer (who makes more than me) React. Insulting all around. I don't mind teaching, but he gets paid twice as much as I do.

Unless it's a white guy identifying as a black woman, I think she's legit.

Then she can sue their ass. That if i am correct is illegal now.

Yes, that is how white men speak. I love to discuss my white man crimes, expounding on my methods and reasons for committing them aloud. It's my third favorite thing to do after curling my mustache and shaking my fist at do-gooders.

>could win big with lawsuit
>instead goes for reddit karma

totally legit goys
and even if it really is, I'm assuming she is too dumb to get paid more for the reasoning above

>tech is a boys club, a white boys club

I know this is fake because tech is a pajeet boys club

This is what I took from it as well. The boss on the phone.

>How do you do fellow white man how are you today in the white man's industry?

She can't sew them, but legal action (suing) can be undertaken.

never happened

this is about as believable as L being a nigger.

She would have a clear cut case, but the story is not legit. Just another plebbit user trying to get those upboats. All those programming languages and the two framework she listed is very popular and usually the first few that would come up if you do a simple search for computer science or programming topics.

Fake.

>tech is a White boys club

White is strange thing to call Chinese and Indian people.

Fucking script kiddies who think they're in software development... Half of those are barely even real languages.

t. the oracle on what is real and what isn't.

>tech is a boys club
>a white boys club
easy fake to spot. not only is it corny, there's too many Indians for this to be remotely true.

Nobody talks like that.

plenty of tech companies would be begging to hire a black woman with any qualifications. I smell bullshit

>50k for HTML/CSS

This is a fucking job

and if this woman really went to meet up and was genuinely interested in coding, she wouldn't still code only php/js after several years in a company

>Tech is a boys club, a white boys club
Could she not have written some realistic dialogue?

>That if i am correct is illegal now.

It's been a crime for decades.

This is total bullshit. Many tech companies would LOVE to hire a remotely competent black woman for diversity quota reasons.

>I use js, php, mysql

>oh wow it's fucking nothing

you learn to use that shit in less than a fucking month.

Obvious fake story, furthermore there is a law that dictactes that you can't pay women less, But hey, better make up a fake story to complain about the imaginary wage gap.

"I don't need an actual monkey to be one of my code monkeys, goddamit. MAGA"

Even I can write more realistic dialogue than that.

>go on the internet
>lie

>Javascript, PHP, MySQL

>Tech is a boys club, a white boys club and most people wouldn't hire her, so I get away with it.
>implying anyone speaks like that
Fake as fuck.

Can someone explain the "she's only doing JavaScript, MySQL, php"
Comments in this thread?

There can be a lot to do in the front end and user experience and some people do most of their work in it and there can be a lot of work in it that needs to be done.

Companies can pay a lot to have very good development work done on their front end so why are people acting like any work primarily based around JavaScript deserves to be underpaid? It's often one of the most important parts of the product.

>start learning python

Eh if you are going to be in a STEM research field, you'll be using Python, especially if it has to do with numerical analysis and don't want to use matlab.

Hey Shaniqua whatcha doin'?

it wouldve been more believable if the boss said "i pay this degenerate sheboon almost nothing, KEK"

>things that happened

>start learning python

>I am self taught and got myself thisfar
>use java,pvp,mysql

gtfo it must be a troll

what to do when you have life problems??

tell the internet

I love subtle merchants.

>She doesn't mention her experience
>"This is my third year in the industry"

>she doesn't mention if she has a degree
>"I am self taught"

>Furthermore, she mentions Javascript, PHP and MYSQL (no frameworks)
Knowing a language > knowing a framework. Are you retarded

>these technologies are more than 15 years old
So the fuck what? It has to be new to be relevant? How stupid are you?

>I honestly think that 25k is more than enough for her.
You can't even read. Who cares what you think?

because it's obviously fake as fuck

just read it

>another nigger false flag

this is what happens when you hire them

>Answering when they ask what you make.

Either lie or refuse to answer, that isn't information they can ask.

>He told the person on the phone he can afford it because
>"practically not paying the girl at all"
>"who else is going to take her?"
>"tech is a boys club, a white boys club"
>most people wouldn't hire her, so I get away with it"

Fakest shit I've ever read. Only liberal's who are acting like victims talk like this. If you actually believe this shit you have to have a sub 80 IQ. I refuse to believe anyone with a brain believes this.

This would be any lawyer's wet dream. You'd make bank off suing this guy into oblivion.

> Save pic

Yes good show my fellow white men. I find it most pleasing to know there are no people of color or non-binary people here because I hate them so. How have your missions to spread cis patriarchal heteronormitivity gone today?

I make 100k being self taught with PHP

Most Americans that had to deal with insurance companies have dealt with my software (ever had a claims adjuster show up to your house with an iPad? Youre fucking welcome)

There's a difference between making a shotty wordpress plugin

And an actual custom PHP backend that deals with complex data systems

But being that shes in NYC its probably a shitty WordPress job

Its not hard to make good money in tech without a degree, but you have to be seriously motivated, and always, ALWAYS improve and learn new skills.

I started when I was 15, landed my first job at 19 making $15 an hour.

I keep up to date with the local college programs, and tend to download the course books to study advanved topics in my free time.

America is truly the land of opportunity as long as you have drive and motivation.

Also codecamps are literally worse than college, avoid those scams at all costs.

All of that being said, no matter how good you are, you`re not breaking 30k without at least 3 years of professional experience.

No shit it's fake. You can tell the writer is someone who swallows leftist narratives and isn't close to any white people.

The paints a fake ass picture of some fat cat old white man smoking a cigar laughing about not promoting someone because they are a black woman. "it's a white boys club", give me a break.

Reddit will believe it though, because at least half of the people who use it have double-digit IQs.

>"tech is a boys club"
fake as shit

>black developer accepts job for 25k
calling bullshit on this

Hey rabbi, watcha doin?

Because JavaScript, MySQL and PHP are languages that pretty much every web developer knows. Knowing this shit is like having a high school diploma - it's the absolute minimum needed to get a job. She basically has no marketable skills expects loads of money.

Bhutan!

Shalom!

Honestly if you're into web dev and make less than 100k you're getting ripped off. I'm hispanic graduated 5 years ago and make 200k atm

"GRADUATED"

are you Bhutanese?

>good at what she does
>tech is a white boys club, right, fellow white boys?

Yeah honestly my degree was shit i pretty much taught myself everything in w3schools
>inb4 w3schools sucks

This is very... PICASSOish

>kike street

> PHP Web Developer making 80-120k

Confirmed Bullshit.

Also, how the hell can you "barely" make $600 rent? What the hell else are you spending on?

> Web Dev making over 100k
Nice meme

1. This only applies to NYC/SF/Seattle.
2. This only applies to full-stack web developers, not your shitty "I can do Bootstrap and copy some JavaScript from StackExchange" developers.

>>inb4 w3schools sucks

But it does

Does anyone believe this ever really happened? I hope we find out who she is and what company she works for so that she'll be fired and have her named "blackballed" (no pun intended) rendering her unemployable in that industry.

Also, what are the chances that this reddit thread was started by a white female SJW trying to save the world?

dis a wite bois club

>no degree
>I should make 100k my first year!

The fucking millennials need to die already.

"underpaid"

Sewing them into a huge lardy mass might do more bad than good for her. She should just sue them, but she won't take any action because she's lying.

Oh, it gets shape!