The plot thickens

Playtonic (developer of Yooka Laylee) is now claiming they don't owe anyone a refund seeking one after letting Jon Jafari go.

They're trying to take the money and run!

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.playtonicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5255
twitter.com/PlaytonicGames
gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds
uk.linkedin.com/in/jonno-stanton-9b52b1a8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yooka-Laylee#Development
steamcommunity.com/app/360830
twitter.com/paragon53?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

EMAIL PLAYTONIC GAMES

[email protected]

POST IN THEIR FORUMS

forums.playtonicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5255

COMMENT ON THEIR TWITTER

twitter.com/PlaytonicGames

LET THEM KNOW THAT ALLOWING POLITICS DRIVE THEIR GAME DEV DECISIONS IS UNACCEPTABLE

LET THEM KNOW THEY HAVE LOST A SALE

I'm not even gonna play it. Even enjoying it would be rewarding their effort.

I want to reward their effort, but I don't want to play a game that Neogaf has ejaculated on.

Would a class action lawsuit be viable on the ground of false advertising under consumer protection laws?

this

it's possible. A judge might even force the game to halt release, meaning they'd have to settle for apologizing and putting it back in

Probably, now that they're refusing refunds they are taking the money and running.

Chargeback you stupid dumb nigger.

That's it? Man you guys used to be way better.

Chargeback them. The MN09 devs pulled this shit too.

Have we really not yet learned that attacking people with intent to harm only hurts our cause?

The best response to this is to hit them where it hurts, their wallets. And let them know about it.

Im sure the game will still sell ok...but I'm not buying it anymore. Not because I'm defending jontron or anything (though I agree with his views, as inarticulate as they were), but because I fucking HATE HATE HATE when companies get involved in politics like this. You make games you fuckwads. Stick to that. I'm an indie developer myself and even though I'm heavily into politics, I know how to keep the two separate.

this a million times, just tell them the truth, that you arent going to buy their game because of this, and if your a backer ask for a refund

>buying games

I'm so sick of this bullshit rhetoric out of these """professional""" companies.
>Pepsi: We don't want your business if you support Trump
>Starbucks: We don't want your business if you support Trump
>Playtonic: We don't want your business if you support Jontron
They're all run by children.

>that image
>there is no law or requirement for them to do so

gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds

Too bad there literally is.

>You must offer a full refund if an item is faulty, not as described or doesn’t do what it’s supposed to.

>It’s illegal to display any notice that deliberately misleads consumers or deceives them about their rights, eg a sign that says you don’t accept returns or offer refunds.

I can read the wiki article now
>Playtonic was an indy games development company founded by

Fuck their shit up.
The left set this precedent and we will hold them to it.

kikes

trips of truth

>Returning software
Ok

>absolutely nothing on the kickstarter page saying if you back it with money Jontron will be involved with the game
>trying to use the fact they excised something and someone increasingly being seen as a negative in the public eye from their project is legally worthy of a refund

F-f-f-free market until they d-d-d-do something I don't like!

This law can also apply to digital content.

However this is unreleased software, You're canceling an order for a product you havent received.

As a UK company, they are breaking the law by not offering refunds.

Dont think so. Jon voluntarily gave them his voice. They have decided against using it. It would be different if, say, the company paid an actor to be in the product and then the product came out and there was no actor. That is false advertising.

>increasingly being seen as a negative on neogaf
ftfy

what game this I keep hearing all this buzz on the net. Lots of buzz in my email blast about these guys

If you live in a red state, you can try contacting your state's Attorney General consumer protection division. They may be willing to take this up if it gets to that point.

You can argue about it all you want but the fact remains they have zero legal obligation at all to involve him in any way and trying to get a refund based off the fact that your favorite manchild who plays videogames for a living and has shitty debate skills is being cut from it would get you laughed out of any courtroom in the first world.

We have to let things settle before we go full on. Just continue with the little shit until they double down.

NO REFUNDS GOYIM

Game VA is a backer reward

>backing anything on Kickstart
>ever

jon, you fool

What about on grounds of them refusing a refund when your decision to purchase was on their announcement of his affiliation with the project?

what the fuck are you nerds talking about

/ourguy/ was fucked over by a company and we are fighting back with our money and voice.

>Returning software
They didn't even provide software yet.

Need to get the ball rolling properly, start a change.org petition, push it to friendly news media (does any objective games media exist?), try and get this to be a major issue
start a twitter campaign, something

Never buy something from a British game developer. They are all hackjobs.

Do a chargeback. More damaging than getting a refund.

>start a change.org petition
Don't
>push it to friendly news media (does any objective games media exist?),
be
>try and get this to be a major issue
a
>start a twitter campaign,
faggot

Let this shit build on its own.

I got banned from forums for stating:

We don't give a damn about JonTron, we hate that you guys are taking political stances.

Banned for being political in a gaming board.

Coincidentally my ban ends the day after the game releases.

Counterpoint
A) nobody pays attention to change.org and
B) nobody pays attention to right wing petitions unless pinning them in a negative light
Just keep attacking the source. They will have to listen if we keep commenting on Kikestarter, Twitter and their forum. We either get them to retract or we get them to admit they are Kikes who are pulling a Mighty No 9. Either way its a win.

I don't even like Jontron but I hate when companies get involved in bullshit like this.

Agreed. It isn't about JonTron. It is about fucking the left.

This, we learned this lesson months late the last time. Contact advertisers/sponsors too

I was one of the first hundred backers and I will be cancelling.

I will not support a company that silences those of different opinions and caves into saw's.

SJW'S*

If you really want to get back at the faggots that took him out, make a mod that adds him back in. They're removing him via a day one update. Those files are assuredly going to be in the game at launch.

Basically: Jontron Mod

Check it out, bans are going out to everyone speaking out on this. Yet this dude is in multiple threads screaming death to all whites and his topic on telling us we are nazis is front page at 100 pages.

>Paying to still play the game

Just have a pirated version available with Jontron still in.

Was gonna buy it at launch. Not anymore

Oh sure, BUT I remember people getting mad about mods for Dragon age 3 that made a character straight or bi. It rustled people hard. This could have the same effect.

Don't buy the game though that goes without saying.

Not gonna lie, former JonTron supporter here. This is fucking hilarious watching JonTron crash and burn.. But in all seriousness we can't let this man spread his hateful rhetoric!

Hi Chris.

Not gonna lie, former JonTron supporter here. This is fucking hilarious watching JonTron crash and burn.. But in all seriousness we can't let this man spread his hateful rhetoric in our games.

Not gonna lie, former Playtonic supporter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Playtonic crash and burn... But in all seriousness we can't let this developer grab us by the ghoulies.

I was looking forward to that game but I also vote with my wallet when companies start doing this kind of garbage.

Fucking hell, why does the left must viciously grope everything and rot it?

>community manager is a leftist faggot with green hair
Oh boy, I sure am surprised about this turn of events.

I agree with you, but maybe stop calling people 'sjw cucks' if you want to be taken seriously. It may very well be what they are, but what you say can always be used against you.

It's all ogre for the devs and they know it. If they had just kept their mouths shut and restrained from virtue signaling the game would be a success.

That's the cunt who banned me for calling him out on hypocrisy.

Just looking at him makes me want to punch the faggot in the face.

>It's all ogre for the devs
they can honestly still say "we fucked up sorry, here have a jontron"
I'll buy their game thrice

Time to kick off GamerGate 2: Electric Boogaloo

What if this is the person that told gamesindustry.biz they had removed jontron from the game and the devs are all unaware of this.

Kickstarter comments are all demanding refunds. You backers need to start doing chargebacks and cripple them.

wtf i hate playtonic now

>game described as containing Jontron
>game does not contain Jontron
>item not as described

Consumer law is clear on this one, anyone that wants a refund is entitled to one

uk.linkedin.com/in/jonno-stanton-9b52b1a8

They wouldn't of taken me Seriously anyways. They would've banned me even if I didn't say 'sjw cucks'

And then piss off the SJW crowd?

Seriously, they should have done nothing, and the only people who would have remembered Jontron was a part of this was the Neofag crowd

what's the deal with jontron? i haven't seen any of his "racist" videos yet.

I don't even watch jontron Regularly and I wish they'd go bankrupt.

Jon could request a refund and probably get his money back. He spent money and did not get what he wanted in return, that being the voice in the game. It would be difficult though because yogventures set a precident.
I do not think so. Its not like you can return your nike shoes because they stopped sponsoring Tiger Woods.

literally all of the devs have set their twitters to protected since the news.

If they are doing this they know theyve fucked up, if they truly beleived it was the best idea why are they scared to defend it.

That's why we win in the end. Starbucks had to stop the only the hiring muzzies act becuse they were losing 3% a week (t

>And then piss off the SJW crowd?
They're realizing they just tried to appease a vocal minority and then the silent majority came out from their disturbed slumber reacting.

It's been a common theme in politics and entertainment for a couple years.

I got banned for being political by calling them out on being political.

>Basic HTML skills

He doesn't have any. He said like two relatively innocuous things in a debate against Destiny (which, by the way, is also why Destiny has been getting spammed lately) and now he's a white supremacist neo nazi.

Has this cunt got a Twitter?

Why cant a gamedev pull literally the opposite of this shit? Wouldnt they rake in the money?

Kek
The game is doomed.

Why even bother, this guy is just in charge of the steam forums, he's not the one who got rid of JonTron

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yooka-Laylee#Development

steamcommunity.com/app/360830

He's still banning people for having a different opinion.

twitter.com/paragon53?lang=en
>This account's Tweets are protected.
Typical.

Unfortunately the vast majority of gamers are manchild bronies who are "With Her". They're thus what's pandered to these days and why video games have gone down hill big league.

This is fucking gay. I loved B&k and B&T, old rare was great. I hardly play video games in general anymore but I had my eye on this one to reelive my childhood. But fuck these SJW thumping retards, jontron was barely controversial and they pull this.

Not buying shit. I hope it bombs with steam reviews.

I also just realized the hypocrisy in this guys closing statement talking about banning and excluding people.

I'm not a gamer and have no interest in this, but I am behind this shit 100%. We need to hold these game devs accountable for being retards. This was a terrible move by them and they deserve flack for it. Godspeed internet warriors.

>wouldn't of
>would've

All the "racist" stuff was done on podcasts and livestreams with other people. He really didn't say anything too damning, except one time where he said rich black people commit more crime than poor white people (which is statistically true but it's pretty obvious the left would get angry at that statement), everything else has been something a right-leaning moderate would say.

anywhere I can let them know I won't be buying their game now?

I mean I'll probably pirate it or get it from G2A but they ain't seeing a dime from me directly.

Majority of Bronies are more red pilled than you think. You should expect a brother in hooves if necessary.

>Neogaf
>Vast majority
Maybe the vast majority of journalists. But the vast majority of video game journalists got jobs as video game journalists. That alone should be a red flag as to whether or not their opinion is to be taken seriously.

They might have, but you gave them a reason to ban you by using inflammatory language.

cuck is a red flag, try not to use it so much.

It's our red flag term like theirs is privilege.