So do you guys think that Playtonic is full of Libtards due to firing JonTron?

So do you guys think that Playtonic is full of Libtards due to firing JonTron?

Other urls found in this thread:

playtonicgames.com/
pastebin.com/mFevzkGe
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, i cancelled my pre order

I wanna play it, but I fucking hate what has happened.

So I'm gonna take advantage of the EB Games system here and return it after I've played it.

I want Playtonic to eat shit, but traditional 3D platformers must arise once more. What a shit situation.

It is hard to say. It is possible that they just do not want controversy to destroy their game sales.

Personally, I think the Jon Tron thing is overblown. It seems like a character assassination more than anything else.

Seems like they are full of cowards, perhaps. If they were libtards, they would have ejected him sooner.

FUCK OFF

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not promoting piracy, but would you guys pirate Yooka-Laylee?

>blaming the company for abandoning ship with someone who's been thoroughly character assassinated
>not blaming the jews who assassinated his character in the first place, or the retard who opened him up to the chance

cancel the shit out of your preorder and pirate it later

It will be ezpz to get the DRM free version

>implying I won't just pirate it
heh, keep supporting this cuck of a company

I would now.

Jon deserved it. He is a moron who tried to moonlight as a Nazi but failed miserably. He should stick to video games.

They literally just outright said they support diversity of all kinds so clearly they are libtards, it's the only reason they dropped him

Thank GOG for DRM-free games

I don't think somebody should be prevented from doing any kind of work just because of their personal religious/political/etc. views. It's fucked up.

>So I'm gonna take advantage of the EB Games system here and return it after I've played it.

The other way around moron, either you get it used or straight up pirate it.

Yes
Pic related is devs that work there

traditional 3D platformers fucking suck
The 90's is over, grow the fuck up

Not gonna lie former Jontron fan here, I'm really Enjoying Jaffari crash and burn but do we really trust with a Yooka-Laylee game?

Disgusting.

I see what you did there.

What on earth is playtonic

Jontron did nothing wrong

I got banned for making a post in /v about how sjws and feminists are ruining the gaming genres. Seems I may be right after all.

I wonder what impact this event will have on the profits of the studio...

they convinced me that the true soul of rare was on the Conker team, and Banjo team was just wet shit riding coattails.

Fuck them

Hallo, yes just passing through

f

I find it fascinating how these guys were making non-political game and all that, but when Jon expressed political views they kicked him out, result is that now they forcefully made it about politics and attached the stigma to their company and game.

The title of this thread had JohnTron in the name so I type sage in the options field and Im going to hide it too.
Fuck JohnTron the faggot man child.
Seriously. Stop talking about this faggot

yes.

>let me tell you what you like, fucking grow up for not having my ideas

Yes. Firing someone over politics, or worse, a smear campaign, which this was, is absolutely unacceptable, and I'm shocked to see how left leaning Sup Forums really is after spending som time on Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

>Anything at all that raises an eyebrow of twitterites

Lol, you can't discuss anything that comes within a million miles of upsetting twitter on Sup Forums without it getting "Muh Sup Forums" replies and 404ing, it has no baring about how on topic it is for Sup Forums

Sup Forums mods don't want to upset their twitter overlords.

Still going to buy day 1 because I have a banjo-kazooie boner.

The old Rare guys seemed pretty lax, especially considering the social commentary in some of the games which was risque at the time.

Jon is good friends with some of them

They aren't entirely the ones ruining it, but are part of the problem.

>>So I'm gonna take advantage of the EB Games system here and return it after I've played it.
Just pirate it, dummy

If you threaten with lost sales they will back off from this too. They only removed him because of backlash in retarded forums like neogaf

>Jon is good friends with some of them
If you're thinking of Grant Kirkhope he had a big cry about Trump and probably hasn't talked to Jon since Game Grumps.

Oh piss off already. He made comments in favor of white nationalism. Why would a studio want to fuck around with the fallout of supporting someone like that? Even if I was a fat neckbearded neo-Nazi Sup Forumstard as a business owner I would still want to separate my products from people who have made retarded statements.

Playtonic only supports diversity at face value. They have no tolerance for different points of view. Jon is conservative, but Playtonic are acting like fascists. I refuse to support bigots, so Playtonic will never get a penny from me. I will pirate the game if it's any good, and I will never buy anything with their name on it. Ever.

It was a Kickstarter project which massively overfunded. They're not really in a high risk position. It's actually kind of jewwy for them to go on and sell the game at AAA market value.

They've had a few streams together after that episode.

either that or they're taking a stand to get libtards to buy the game compulsively in order to "support the cause"

I'll be purchasing their game on the secondary market for sure.

Yeah, they don't like Jon because he's a conservative. You know, low taxes, pro-life and such.

Or maybe it's because he's pro-white nationalist and used Stormfront talking points to bash niggers. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Even mentioning it get's you a permban if you criticize it.

I wanted to play it 2 years ago but then I saw the level design and the game overall looks like shit. I guess Jon's removal was the nail in the coffin

So you guys want to DDoS Playtonic's website?

playtonicgames.com/

If Destiny thinks Playtonic is in the wrong.

This is the third thread I've seen on this game and jontron guy

So what happened?

Yooka Laylee got Mighty No. 9'd.

>moonlight as a Nazi
Everyone you don't agree with is a nazi, amirite?
Cuck.

Before today, I never heard the word Playtonic, and judging by those faggy generic vidja characters, I imagine I won't be hearing their name again, after today.

Don't stop the push.

The community manager has been working over time trying to manipulate the narrative by deleting all comments against this, but he hasn't touched the Kickstarter page. Don't let Neogaf win.

>He is a moron who tried to moonlight as a Nazi
He posts, while browsing a Nazi board

Why do all these companies think going political is a good idea?

A bigots dollar is worth the same on the bottom line and by removing content you're not doing any good.

Waiting until this game releases and going to seed the fuck out of it to at least 1TB or more.

Wouldn't of even bothered pirating it or playing it, still won't play it. But will help them lose money now.

No. The guy went full retard. He didnt have to be so flamboyant with his racism. Letting him go seems like a good move. If all he said was that he supported some white group or whatever that would be one thing but attacking blacks like that is just gonna make things more tense.
The company had a choice:
>keep someone on board who is going out of his way to offend people and lose sales
or
>let that person go so you dont lose sales from those people

standard pr move for a situation that was forced on them. only autistic retards would get upset over it.

Did Jon say anything that was untrue?

Am I doing the part?

Also I didn't know there were actual libtards lurking Sup Forums.
Kappa

Don't know about your country but here in the US you can usually return a game to most places within a week and get your money back.

nah it's just damage control, literally every company does this if they get a large amount of negative press. jon was an asset and is still hyping the game so it's a win/win for them.
Even if they agreed with him they benefit the most from still letting him hype their game without his direct involvement in it.
Is it shitty he got kicked for such a stupid reason? It is but you can think the libs for it, playtonic was just forced into a business decision that benefited them the most.

see

I don't blame them. If it gets good reviews I'll still buy it. I feel bad for Jon though.

if i still gave a shit about vidya, sure. the community is great for drama.

Is there cloudflare protection? Probably need to use ragebooter or alike unless we all time attacks together.

Jon did a small voice for the game, just a few grunts and stuff I think, like Banjo-Kazooie if you've played that. But they're taking his voice out of the game and replacing him with someone else because of his political views.

Will we ever be able to exert the same amount of social pressure as the SJWs?

They're actually removing a character from the game over this? This is a drastic change to a finished game, because the voice actor wasn't politically correct enough. One would assume it was just a cameo/easter egg type thing and JonTron's role wasn't actually that important, but what if significant content is being cut over political horseshit?

They aren't removing a character. Just swapping the voice. And since the characters in this game only grunt, it's not hard to do.

If you buy it you are supporting it and telling them they are right

He literally just spoke about one paper

He didnt say anything remotely offensive unless you dislike facts

They've got at least one, and that's one too many.

Gavin Price's dox:
pastebin.com/mFevzkGe

One thing's for sure, Jon just lost the ~$5000 or so it cost to be a guest VA in the game.

Politics is a very slippery slope for gaming because it raises many questions about things you thought you knew and whether it's right to react to said things in a harsh manner. For instance, what if someone is a big fan of Nolan North and played quite a few games in which he starred, but years down the line suddenly realize that he's a full 1488 fascist? Do they kill themselves? Will they experience full-on dissonance to cope with the situation? Will game companies try to retroactively patch out a AAA voice actor out of their games?

It also opens up new venues of abuse from the side of the game companies, for instance signing on a VA, firing him for being a bigot, but keep his talent in the game, essentially having gotten free work AND the publicity that would ensue. Yeah, Jon was only a cameo, but who's to say it will stop at that?

Even if Playtonic are mad at him for his political views, they should still be grateful for the fact that both he and many of his fans (for whom he shilled the game, mind you) have invested money in their venture. Their game, essentially, is built on "blood money" if you wish to call it that. So be careful who you call out on what, politics is politics, but here there is money involved, and Jon still has millions of followers who are with him regardless of his views.

Damn, I feel so fucking bad for JonTron. He shouldn't have dropped his first week on Sup Forums-tier views on that debate. It's not some bullshit fake witch-hunt like pewdiepie's, he actually came out as a fucking NatSoc (which is not a bad thing, nothing wrong with that of course but he did it at the worst possible time in the worst possible time)
Fuck these Playtonic cucks. Already lost me when they dropped support for Wii U.

This business breaks my goddamned heart, I was so looking forward to this game. I guess I'll play the Banjo games again and pretend what could have been.

>Jon just lost
Playtonic lost the money, they can't exactly un-pay him. Stuff like this is one of the few cold comforts of these companies capitulating to SJWs, like when tumblr made Marvel drop a J. Scott Campbell cover because it showed a midriff.

Imagine if the right was as retarded as leftists when it comes to being unable to separate media from its creators.

We'd have to boycott everything.

Damn it feels good to not be a complete and utter fucking retard.

Shouldn't be preordering anything in this era, faggot. If it isn't SJWs fucking up the game, it's just ordinary hucksters trying to rip you off.

Preorders: Not Even Once.

>Playtonic lost the money, they can't exactly un-pay him.
What? Being a guest VA was a donation incentive during the kikestarter, he literally had to shell out over five grand for the privilege of appearing in the game, just like the other dosen or more people who took that tier.

Pirated numbers don't appear on their balance sheet. They just don't see it. Returning for a refund does show up as a loss.

He says while boycotting Yooka-Laylee because it was made by leftists.

How ironic.

>legitimately looking forward to YL
>this happens
>more YL threads
>but it's e-celeb bs
Let's take all e-celeb threads into Sup Forums from now on since it's all political and I'm tired.

blood for blood

Shit, I had no clue. Are they going to return his money?

JonTron did nothing wrong. I don't preorder, ever.
But I was going to buy this, "was" being the keyword here.

So you admit that you are exactly as retarded as SJWs then, just like I said. Good job.

How did jon accept a role with nuts and volts developers in the first place?

I also want to add that at what point to you draw the line at what's considered reasonable for reversing something retroactively. A lot of things in this world were enjoyed by people perhaps unaware of how they came to be; the most delicious steak you ever had in a restaurant was spit on by the chef cause he though you were a pleb, your finest clothes were made by a child slave in Bangladesh, your favorite Japanese video game was made a total xenophobe and racist, even if it didn't show in the final product, and ultimately you were born into this world by people with pre-existing views which they convince you is the natural order of things.

You have to give some things a bit of leeway, if you're going to be so uptight about everything, well just know the world was built on you not knowing how it was built. You don't even know how the device you're viewing this post on truly works and couldn't have built it yourself otherwise, leaving you to only be grateful for those who have, even if their views were radically different from yours.

I didn't even know Jontron worked on the game.
I guess it's the same for most people.

If they would have just glossed over it some shitty site like Kotaku or Polygon would have tried to start shit for a day or two but nobody would have cared.

They reacted to a "controversy" they themselves exacerbated to the point where it became a controversy for them in the first place.

Don't react if you can just sit it out.

If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid.

I don't like that saying, because even microbes do a very decent job of working in this world, and they have no brains. If it's stupid and works, it's still stupid.

no, I'm simply saying it's justified as the leftists drew first blood, since otherwise Sup Forums rarely attempts to single out and destroy people's careers over their opinions

For years I was perfectly content to hand over my meager spending money to anybody who made something I wanted, but no more. They inject their politics into every little thing, which I find repellent, and they often vilify anybody who dares disagree with them, which often includes me, so if these blue haired faggots think they can run their mouths and insult me and still get my money, they can get fucked.

Exactly.

Never respond to an SJW, they have short attention spans of virtue signalling and no impulse control. Capitulating or apologizing or responding is blood in the water, and only amplifies your weakness and draws more of them to attack you. If ignored, they just move on.

They're zombies that only respond to movement. Maybe that's why zombies have been so popular, they identify with them.

Horseshoe theory.

How did the leftists "draw first blood"?

JonTron started forcing his political views into his Youtube presence, for no good reason, and did a piss poor job at it too. If anyone drew first blood, it's him. Playtonic games is simply trying to keep politics and controversy out of their game. Then you have Sup Forums-tards crying about it and boycotting the game.

No matter how you spin this, it's the right that's starting shit.

It's a Piracy exclusive now

>we dont want politics
>lets remove him because of politics
They turned it into a political thing. No one gave a shit or even knew Jon was in it. Now its known as " they removed jon because of political shit". They themselves tainted the game.
Fucking retards.

>JonTron started forcing his political views into his Youtube presence
i wouldn't say that he went so far as to force it into his youtube presence but rather that he finally decided to speak out on some issues that had concerned him for a while
setting aside semantics however, JonTron already announced that he regrets becoming so outspoken about his political beliefs in such a short time and is going to withdraw himself from political discussion

at that point, all that's left is for all parties to realize that everyone can be reckless at times and treat this whole debacle as water under the bridge
but no-- instead of doing that, Playtonic to stoke the fire by taking another jab at JonTron even after all that he'd said
fuck them, they're deserving of a boycott if they're so fucking childish that they can't let something so small as this slide just because a fringe group decided to complain, then they deserve all the boycotting they can get

>nuts and volts
It's Clamps and Volts m8.