What books should I get?

>2010+7
>not benefiting the world and yourself by continuing your education and honing your mind

Sup Sup Forums.

I bought these books on Audible today, and am looking for more suggestions on books to read/listen to. I still have 3 credits left to burn, and am willing to purchase kindle/physical copies as well.

My interests are history, economics, freedom, finance, and business, but I'm open to listening to or reading anything that will benefit me.

So I put to you these questions: what should I add to my reading list to benefit my life, and what have you read recently? (or why not if you haven't)

>Ayn Rand
If you're going to read ideological literature, pick something better. Maybe some Myth of Sisyphus, some Yukio Mishima, or some other philosophical books like some Nietzsche or some dead Greek or Roman dudes.

Also, I downloaded the free .pdf of "A Spontaneous Order" available through the Mises Institute's website, and have made a bit of headway into it. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a clear outlining of libertarian/anarchist theory and practice.

Clash of Civilizations by Samuel Huntington

Published back when the West still thought history was over, he delved into the realities brewing.

Fuckin' neat opinion bro - have you read Ayn Rand or have you only ever digested opinions of people who also haven't read Ayn Rand?

She's like the JK Rowling of libertarians.

>honing your mind
>Audiobooks
Just get a novel and try sitting still for an hour and concentrating, you sperg.

After reading the summary I've put it on my wish list, will definitely consider it. Thanks for the suggestion.

What exactly gives you that notion?

sperg is me being irritated that there's been three 21 posts in this thread out of 9 posts

Also I don't often have time to sit and do nothing but read. I often want to listen while I'm doing other shit that eats up my time; cooking, exercise, driving, etc...

ANTIFRAGILE

I was leery of something written by an author named "Nassim Taleb" but he seems to check out. I've wishlisted it for now, thanks for the suggestion bud

I am not a leftie, but have still found value in some lefties :

Debt: 5000 Years by Greaber

All volumes of Capital by Marx

Manufacturing Consent by Chomsky

The AnCom, AnSym, and Mutie writers make interesting arguments on property.

Max Stirner - The Ego and its Own

Spook it, I'll do it for the meme

Not reading one physical book per week and listening to one audiobook per week on commutes and while driving.

Kek. She helped formulate the current iteration of the NAP, but simply said it can't be the be-all-end-all of political philosophy, to which AnCaps responded to with autistic screeching.

Her work is a mere shadow of Stirner and Nietzsche, though.

>to which
>responded to

Time to find some rope and a sturdy rafter.

Yeah m8 these dudes bashing her haven't been able to provide a single specific criticism. I'll assume they're just talking shit without merit.

Will these help my understanding of the subjects or just give me the essence of the enemy's opinions on said subjects?

hey there buddy, thanks for the (you). Actually, I have read Rand. Atlas Shrugged and the Fountainhead. The Fountainhead it at least a bit more concise. Her philosophy is fairly half-baked, and her writing isn't very good from a literary or persuasive perspective. I also think her ideas about sex are pretty retarded. I think we are a little better than that.

yeah m8 most wouldn't catch it though so you're doing good

Could you be slightly more specific so I know what you're talking about as I listen?

I understood how to look at Debt, private media influence, and Capital and property rights (from philosophical and metaphysical lenses ) in completely different ways after reading those authors , Tucker, George, Proudohn, etc.

I'm still very anti-Communist though.

As for understanding the opposition's arguments, most of them are shitlibs in line with Picketty, Krugman, Stiglitz, and Reich.

Most important political work ever written

Henry Ford - international jew ..learn, share, recycle

Thanks for the input man. I'll check them all out.

Never even heard of it m8 but that could be due to the fact that they wouldn't exactly advertise the most important political work ever written

Didn't think I'd get a 420 and a 666 so close together. Timing gods are playing with me today.

> 15yearoldautistsguidetocapitalism.jpg

Fuck off with the political and philosophical bullshit and learn some fucking applied calculus and make a fucking living on accumulated passive income so you can shitpost for the rest of your life.

Fuck off Chang

t. STEM student

Based Taleb

He's a Christian by the way

It's just a prank bro!
Why would I want more competition in my field anyways? No shekels for goy.

How to win and influence friends is a meme book, if you aren't an autist you already know all of what's written in there

The Intelligent Investor by Ben Graham is a must for anyone

Save your credits and then buy my book after I finish it.