Is There Any Going Back?

Americans are so fucked if we get mass immigration. We can't even run out of gas without disappearing for five fucking days, much less defend ourselves if shit actually goes down.

How in the fuck do you run out of gas and just sit there for five days before deciding you should hike out? What the fuck is this shit? I don't think an article has ever made me so mad before.

>be woman
>forget to check gas too busy eating burgers
>car runs out of gas
>wellshit.jpeg
>guess i'll just sit here for five days
>five days later
>huh i can use my legs? holy shit?
>whoah look at that this could have been solved in a matter of 5 hours

Every day more dumb shit comes out that makes me wonder if we're even cool anymore. I mean, I knew burgers country was bad but....fuck..

insideedition.com/headlines/22382-woman-stranded-in-grand-canyon-for-5-days-recorded-tearful-messages-to-family-before-rescue

Other urls found in this thread:

insideedition.com/headlines/22389-mom-and-8-year-old-daughter-killed-in-separate-crashes-just-30-minutes-apart
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is the problem with America or women?

>assuming you know the exact way to walk

>assuming you plan perfectly to leave at the right time so as to not walk during hte hottest or coldest part fo the day

>assuming you can accurately gauge your walk speed

>assuming you can accurately recall the distance to where you are walking

>assuming you can correctly calculate the amount of time that it will take you to get home

>assuming you can correctly discern whether or not you have enough resources to make it back

thats a lot of assumption ameriburger rural retards have to get right in order to justify walking. you guys are better off doing what your fat asses do best, staying put, sitting on your ass and whining about it while someone comes to bail you out again

>assuming you're not a woman

I'm sure there are millenial "men" that would have done the same shit. Parents aren't teaching their shit kids actual life saving advice....like what to do if you run out of gas or your car breaks down. Instead they're yelling at professors for not respecting pronouns...meanwhile when life really hits em......man

A problem with the individual. She didn't have the sense -- until five days later -- to trek down the road that she turned onto from the high way to wave for help.

I can't understand how this wouldn't be the first thing to do in a situation like this, it's baffling.

You are the idiot. You are not supposed to try to walk out. She didn't know where she was and she if she tried to leave, she could have waked for miles into the canyon and died. This is survival 101 you fucking dipshit

Are you hetero or?

>justifying sitting on your ass for five days before trekking a measly 11 miles to get a signal

She had enough water to give herself three bottles a day for christ sakes. Could have easily left the day she ran out of gas or the morning-of to maximize daylight. Only takes like 2-3 hours to walk 11 miles.

lol. 10 miles. She had to walk 10 miles to get a cell phone signal.

lol. Dude. Come on, you have to laugh at this shit.

I like to think this came across some inside edition producer's desk and he was like, "no fuckin' way..." and was like YOU GUYS GOTTA SEE THIS! Reality is it was probably some woman who truly thinks this is a tragic tale and heroism.

Just relax man. America needs to laugh at retards again.

She's in a car dumbass, probably on a road. You walk along road to bigger road then to bigger road that's well travelled. It's not fucking rocket science.

Is the story seriously that she sat in a car for 5 days before deciding to go somewhere for help? (maybe the road she was driving down?)

I refuse to believe someone could be so stupid as to sit in a car for 5 days. How does one do that?

>survival 101
>justifying sitting in a car on phone for five days drinking 3 bottles of water a day wasting resources

>Woman
They are naive. It comes with viewing the world as a giant in-group, because of your vagina.
You don't critically think nearly as much, because you're always so used to there being a man around who wants to fuck you, to take care of it.

This
OP is a massive faggot that doesn't know shit. Secondly this autistic rage fit didn't deserve its own thread
Sage this shit thread and a free pass straight to page 10

>drinking water is wasting it
Dude, never ever ever find yourself in a survival situation

>what is distance
>what is time
>what is speed

t.hurr im a retard

i didnt say she was right in this case, i said in most cases i dont trust you rural retards to make the correct judgement call to walk. what if it was 30 miles and scorching outside? 50? 100? there is no way americans are smart enough to make this judgement call, you voted for trump after all!

>rural retards
Liberal elitist spotted
Jesus, you faggots sure do hate the working class
You'll hate us a lot more when the economy collapses, and we turn on all of you.

True. It just pisses me off that some people are gonna look at this as legitimate news. Like "holy shit I can't believe she had to go through that...what a survivor"

Did she not own a smartphone?
Or was the phone dead?
Is there no signal at all at the Grand Canyon?
Why didn't she just pull up a google map?

Not clicking the article.

i herd you cant even get a compass signal that far out. and paper maps just disintegrate and blow away from the high desert wind pressure. shes a lucky one.

To be fair when you get out west in some of those remote places you can drive for over an hour without seeing a gas station, and when you do they have the price jacked up so high because no competition that you say "oh I think I can make it to the next one"

Really makes you think...

Hurr yourself fuckface. I've done far longer trecks in the Australian heat. Plus I'm not sure how it is in Cuckleafistan but you can still call emergancy services on your cellphone here even if it has no signal.

It's how that generation was raised, she was waiting for someone else to come by and fix the problem for her because that's how all the problems in her life had been solved until then.

Laughed

>typical millennial college student sitting on her ass expecting the problem to be solved for her

Typical

I'm pretty sure there's more than a handful of towns within 5 days foot travel distance of the fucking grand canyon

This teen's a stupid fuck is all

>I should get stranded for 5 days too

Well, at least she is suffering financially for her stupidity although I bet if I checked the go fund me that notion would be challenged.

>$500 for helicopter rescue
Helicopter gas is more important than your life.
>$700-$800 hospital expenses
>$200 car damage

>was in the car when she ran out of gas
>can literally just get out and walk in the direction of the back of the car to get out
Are you guys retarded?

>walk 11 miles to find signal so you can call helicopter to fish your dumbass out of the desert

>11 miles

>"Can't walk without intense pain"

>"pls give me money"

Any bikini shots? Am oddly attracted...

the only thing i would chide her for, besides being overweight, is not watching her fuel. otherwise, she did fine. you're way better off staying with the vehicle, until you have to face the fact that no one is coming your way. she had to make the decision to leave her shelter to get a phone signal.

there was that computer retard in washington, who took his family out in that blizzard. he got them stuck, burned his fucking tires for signals i guess, or heat, and then after a day being stuck, walked off and walked right into a stream and died from exposure. the snow melted after another day and his wife and child were rescued by just waiting with the car. he could have fucking driven out if he didn't hike out, die and burn up his tires.

I forgot that Canadians don't have paved roads and sidewalks.
I adopted a nubile Canadian lad for only $14.88 a month.
His mom sent me a pic.

You could tell she's never worked an honest day's work in her life

Her idea of a rescue is a helicopter ride.

she doesn't realize 11 miles is 1 day of shopping and pussymarch protesting.

>Every day more dumb shit comes out that makes me wonder if we're even cool anymore.
America is a country of contrasts. You always had an enormous amount of retards, it's nothing new. We even have a comedian who jokes almost entirely about americans being stupid.

It doesn't mean you don't have lots of amazing people. USA still #1, don't worry.

>assuming you know the exact way to walk
You have a fucking road, just walk it
>assuming you plan perfectly to leave at the right time so as to not walk during hte hottest or coldest part fo the day
Sun in the zenith = hot, Sun not visible = cold. Besides why do you even care?
Why do you need that for. Besides, it's 5km/h
What is GPS
>assuming you can correctly calculate the amount of time that it will take you to get home
Distance/speed=time
>assuming you can correctly discern whether or not you have enough resources to make it back
Of course you have enough resources, you're in the middle of a 1st world country, nothing will happen. Plus she was walking for like what, 11 miles? It's like my walk to work and back three times, no biggie.

Are you a dumb type of american on vacation or something?

She should have waited until the sun set though, to limit water loss. If it's a five hour hike without any water, which you shouldn't get into, then at least limit your risks.

I'm sure it's been said already, but coddled college student doesn't take the initiative to be prepared for the worse or react to an adverse situation? Who would of guessed the generation the had helicopter parents wouldn't be able to deal with a simple, self created crisis like this one.

HAHA nigga just walk to the gas station

She had at least 15 bottles of water. If she walked at a rate of like 17 minutes per mile she could walk 40 miles in 11 hours. She could easily come in contact with cars and people well before then.

I hate it when roads end up leading you right INTO a canyon.

You're retarded.

One day I walked 26 miles, three towns over because I felt like exploring some back roads. It was kind of fun running into people and telling them where I started.

Now, if it was the forest and I did not know where the road was, the chances of getting lost would be much greater. In that case, find running water and follow it out of the forest.

Thank you. I would rather a vodka than a weak leaf tell me about survival

Hurricane Katrina proved that liberalism has even trumped people's survival instinct.

It's ~3.5 hours, not five. Besides, 5 hours without water is nothing.
What is GPS?
Even we have a 4g almost everywhere.

Yeah, this. It's not a woman thing or an American thing. My wife would've known exactly what to do because her father taught her proper safety precautions for going into remote areas.

It's not hard unless you're dumb.

Also, what the fuck is up with her eyebrows?

>Parents aren't teaching their shit kids actual life saving advice....like what to do if you run out of gas or your car breaks down. Instead they're yelling at professors for not respecting pronouns.
This is so fucking true. That Good times create weak men meme quote keeps proving itself right.

Sam would know what to do in that situation. He could walk 11 miles in 11 minutes tops. Man is a true survivalist.

She's and idiot.
>"Herp derp this is wrong....BUT google maps says to go this way!
>"Hmmm now I guess I will just wait in my car."

She made a wrong turn after google told her to go down a road that didn't exist. This woman was not on a fucking highway. She was in real danger. You guys are really fucking stupid sometimes.

What are you obesely handicapped or something? Only some kind of foodstamps powerchair lardass would think like this

Also, HOW does Google Maps tell you to go to a road that doesn't exist? That's not how Google Maps works. I think the girl is hiding some element of the story.

I said nothing about the events that got her into that situation. But if you are lost in the grand canyon, you stay put until you run out of water.

It's a huge and undeveloped area. Plenty of places with no signal.

This is not actually a problem unless you're dumb.

I ruck ten miles every weekend with a heavy pack for fucking fun, six on weekdays.

Obviously. The only time you have to pay for your own rescue is when the authorities have deemed you did something stupid/reckless and put yourself at risk.

>She was in real danger
>This woman was not on a fucking highway
ROFL

Weak leaf? We have way more fucking wilderness than you do burger. Average Canadian knows more about wilderness survival than you cunt.

You fell for the Sup Forums memes. Les Stroud is gonna come for you.

They're are no roads into the canyon.

That Down syndrome face

What part of "google maps told her to go down a road that didn't exist" do you not understand?

>VanHecke was on spring break in the Grand Canyon in Arizona, and was in her car trying to get to the famous Havasu Falls Trail for a hike, but she said Google maps told her to turn onto a road that didn't exist.
>She turned anyway, but then ran out of gas

Why didn't she just go back the way she came and wait for someone to drive by?

At walking pace you can do a mile in 15 minutes so she walked for 2.75 hours before getting a signal. Whooptie fucking do.

>Average Canadian knows more about wilderness survival than you cunt.
And you have questions like "WHERE DO I GO?" when you have a road under your feet and a smartphone in your hand.

You'll probably die within a week outside of a big city.

Her story just makes me want to go camping with the senpai. Hike out somewhere slightly remote, roast marsh mellows, eat beef jerky.

The headline could haven, "Woman enjoys several days camping, good walk and a Helicopter ride."

>real danger

>I can't understand how this wouldn't be the first thing to do in a situation like this, it's baffling.

fucking millennials can only think as far as their phones.
if the phone can't solve the problem, they stop thinking.

God I remember these. Top quality keks.

anal fucking black women is my fetish, don't blame this guy...would have done the same..

Why didn't she just call the company that brings gas when you run out of gas?

This happened to my brother in Germany, we just called ADAC and they drove gas too us, and that was that.

Wait wait runs out of gas...where did i see this again?
Hmmm...Oh Ya!
Remember that plane crash that killed a Brazillian soccer team?
If i remember correctly the female co-pilot was asked to just make sure they didn't run out of fuel, all she had to do was check if it was near E.
Women are fucking useless i swear, can't wait till we get robot waifus and program our master aryan kids.

The fuck man

Because she was dumb enough to turn off the road and go into the wilds where there aren't cellphone towers.

kek. this should be a new copypasta.

>But if you are lost in the grand canyon
Dumbass. Don't make me repeat myself.

insideedition.com/headlines/22389-mom-and-8-year-old-daughter-killed-in-separate-crashes-just-30-minutes-apart

whoa

Oh, well she could have probably had them drive gas out to wherever she left her car. She didn't have to take a helicopter. Meh, she's a bitch millennial, what to expect really.

Shit bro how long did that take?
I walk an average of 3.8mph.

Do you walk on the roads where people drive? The severe lack of sidewalks triggers me.

You're too stupid to talk to.

If you break down in the outback, the best option is to stay with your car

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

5ft manlet in mommies house sitting on Sup Forums/pol says canadians are wilderness experts.
LOOOOOLLLLL

Shut up you delusional cunt

there was no signal, Ahmed.

The outback sounds fucking rad

You dumb fucking double nigger. YOU DONT NEED A CELL PHONE SIGNAL FOR YOUR CELL PHONE GPS TO WORK!

>tfw you shitpost on Australia

assuming you know the exact way to walk
Probably towards the way you came from
>assuming you plan perfectly to leave at the right time so as to not walk during the hottest or coldest part fo the day
Dont be a lazy piece of shit and wake up at sunrise. Collect dew for water and start walking.
Why? Are you timing yourself to a point?
Bro, you're not walking home. You're looking for help
You're not trying to go home, you're looking for any other people. It's spring break in the Grand canyon, people are everywhere
Don't be a fucking idiot and waste them all in one day. The article said she had 3 bottles of water for each day she was out there. 15 bottles of water is PLENTY

Even more, she only had to hike a meager 10 miles to find a cell signal. Imagine if she had just hiked out as soon as she ran out of gas. 4 hours tops versus 5 fucking days of crying and making videos on her phone

tl;dr: Women and Canada cucks don't know basic survival skills and would probably die if their homes electricity went out

Not even that but she was sitting in her car on the road. A truck even drove past her but i guess she failed to flag it down.

Sometimes im amaze of the people who post here. I literately know how they look. Fat, overweight and with a stupid southern accent.

Wrong. Do not travel at night in the desert. It is very cold and you will trip over something and now you're injured.

she ran out of gas on the outskirts of a highway in Arizona. She fine to walk.

>100 f
>scorching
Phew lad

>bro tier guy comes to fix my car

How many Aussies are actually killers, I don't want to get fucked up if I ever go there.

You don't think the rescuers would have located by GPS if it was working?

I swear to god, I have seen a lot of dumb shit on this board, but the way you all are thinking is some of the dumbest I have ever seen here. I blame r/the_donald

Advocating walking out instead of sitting in place is now a sign of obesity?

Find the closest sharp object and slash your wrist. Then slash your inner thighs, throat and finally your underarms so long as you have the power to slash. Do this immediately!! Every second that you exist is dooming all of humanity.

Have you been to the Grand Canyon? There is literally one road to get to it, and it goes from Flagstaff straight north to the canyon.

Now, assuming she knows how she got to that point, she could have walked back to any campsite using the sun as a guide. There's a shit ton of people out there. Jesus.