Alright someone redpill me

someone redpill me on feminism and video games. Is it even an issue?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NzthXKu8lJw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have you ever felt like oh man this game is great but it would improve if they had made the MC a woman who is strong and independent who needs no man, no? well now you're getting it shove down your throat even though you just want to play video games

No

Next thread

some feminist got angry about butts in video games that she doesn't play in the first place, made some videos, raised some money, never completed any of her projects, spoke at the fucking un sonehow, kek'd away with the money, the end

No.

Look at this abomination

Have you ever felt that females are sexually attractive in video games and that's a problem because you're a ham planet piece of shit that can't get any dick? Well look at ME 1-3 and then look at the latest game and realize SJWs are ruining video games, the character models for the latest ME game are obvious SJW garbage, they are fucking ugly as fuck on purpose, they don't want the characters sexualized. and The Irony here, they made the straight female team member love interest ugly as fuck and like a dyke.

>muh dik

Not an issue. Anita Sarkeesian is a con-artist.

feminism shits on everything end of redpilling.

Western games will continue to decline as their development studios hire more women and minorities which objectively creates bad working environments.

Only if you're a leftist cumshitter.

>ME 1-3
define ME

this is why i only buy games that are made in japan.

it's an issue how they represent themselves in avatars

Damn what a faggot

nvm that's a chick

Woman in your pic is a literal con artist who jumped onto a meme-issue with pinpoint perfect timing and was able to ride of wave or apparently long-burning resentment (whether or not this resentment was justified is a point of strong contention). Sarkeesian has done virtually nothing for however many years she's been doing this and has just been exploiting tumblr to print money and be famous. I can't really hold it against her. She's like a bizarro Milo Yiannopolous.

If you want to go into whether the views she was pushing were justified, as a giant fucking nerd I can tell you most certainly not. Her issue is with culture as a hole. Video game storytelling just follows trends set in popular movies and occasionally pulp-literature. Her real beef isn't with Mario, Master Chief and Link, it's with Conan, Cugel, Gilgamesh and Odysseus.

So tl;dr, this is just another instance of judeo-bolshevik cultural subversion pushed by con-artists, marxists and useful idiots. pic related almost accurately expresses the amount of ideology behind this insanity.

what the fuck

Mass Effect you filthy fucking casual, don't touch or breath near me, I don't want to catch what you have

wait a second is that a man wearing a read shirt, claiming that his has a vagina. MY god gaming in the west is FUCKED!

it's a money-making scam. and it worked. they made a lot of money by virtue signaling

actually its more like
"Are you having too much fun playing games? Well too bad, heres mass effect Andromeda and ubisofts new game

don't forget the millions of dollars she earns by proposing a project.

It's only an issue in so far as it's a battleground between anti-Western cultural revolutionaries and European culture.

Video games and the culture that surrounds it is mainly a white male sphere -- the Japanese had to work to penetrate it. Because of this, anti-Western cultural revolutionaries want to change it. They don't care about video games in themselves, they just don't want leave their cultural adversary any breathing space and so they use Feminism as a pretext to change into something else.

The red pill in this is that it has very little to do with gender equality and a lot more to do with money. People and organizations who fund these games have tunnel vision and only really care for profits hence they'll use all sorts of pseudo-scientific measurements on things that make games sell and which things don't. Big corporations are conservative as fuck, they don't take any unnecessary risks so they tend to just copy what the indies do with Hollywood budgets these days.

Target audience for game developers has been men of age 15-25 for as long as I can remember, but thanks to mobile and browser games a lot of females have taken interests in games and it's a lot more acceptable for them to play games than it was in the past. So I'd say this is an issue that will eventually fix itself once enough good games targeted towards women or both genders exists.

youtube.com/watch?v=NzthXKu8lJw

All "issues" are artificial. There's literally nothing wrong with selling sexual content in vidya games, pandering to main demographics and not representing minorities. If you don't like someones product don't buy it. If you want a game to have certain features make it yourself. Free market will fix this either way desu. Everything they spout is just intrusive stupid whining.

>Jim Sterling
delet this. I don't care what he says in that particular video, he's too much of a fat shill and literal cuck for me to ever tolerate his voice.

>Compromise on talent in order to hire a bunch of females and brown skinned people to work on your game while filling a diversity quota

>Wind up with Mass Effect Andromeda

oh boy am I glad you posted a picture from Super Princess Peach. Peach is the most frequently appearing female in video game history. Hands down. So naturally, internet culture critics focus their tangents on Toadstool, she's the biggest target. The critics can't blast her body like the do with Laura Croft who is usually the only other female these critics can name. They can't blast the body so they point to the fact that Peach is always being kidnapped or "damseled" by Bowser or whoever else wants to send the Mushroom Kingdom into anarchy. The argument is that Peach being kidnapped and held for rescue is a poor example for both the young men and women who play the Mario games. Men see that women have no agency, Women see that they are objects to be won or controlled. This mindset then leaks from the game to the impressionable youth, then to society.

HOWEVER, LETS LOOK AT PEACH IN THE MARIO UNIVERSE AND WHAT ROLE SHE PLAYS

Super Mario Bros: damsel
Lost Levels: damsel
Super Mario Bros 2: Protagonist, best jumps in a platforming game
SMB3: Damsel, sends supplies.
Super Mario World: Damsel
Super Mario RPG; Damsel x 2, best party member, holds own along men
Super Mario 64: Damsel
Paper Mario: Damsel, secondary protagonist who organizes own rescue
Super Mario Sunshine; Damsel, dropbeat mother
Paper Mario: TYYD: Damsel, secondary protagonist, final boss.
Super Paper Mario: Supporting protagonist, party member.
Super Princess Peach: Progtagoinst, PMS Powers
New Super Mario Bros 1 and 2: Damsel
NSMB2: Damsel
Super Mario 3D Land: Damsel, supplies
Super Mario 3D World: Protagonist
Super Mario Run: Top Tier

So yeah, Peach gets kidnapped frequently. She also plays literally every other role possible, and this isn't even including the spinoffs where she can compete with literal superbeings.

So basically it's all a big nitpick campaign that drops inconvenient details to sell a narrative and make money while pretending to address an issue.

Pretty much this. It's obvious they let feminists into the dev circle and they shit all over the fucking game. The game play, fucking fantastic. Everything else about the game is absolute garbage.
The stroy is alright from what I've played so far but the shit facial animations and the shit animation all around really ruins a game that's supposed to be about the characters so much so that you have sex with them.
The Witcher 3 makes the new Mass Effect look like a fucking indie title

Why is it only Western game devs that are so fixated on pushing narratives in their games?

this is what i want my future daughters to look like when they turn 18. sadly though, mothers turn their daughters into shopaholics who have to be good girls etc etc etc.

however, i do not believe xbox and ps4 are games for children to play with. if they want these game machines, go get a job at 16. they will be learning coding in grade 1 next fall.

In short, Men had something that was primarily enjoyed by men. Women say them enjoying this and not giving them attention so they entered into the hobby in hopes to get attention. The men called these attention whores out or they started playing on line and got called "bitch" "whore" "slut" or whatever. women, being unable to handle any form of banter, called these men sexist and launched a feminist campaign to ruin the fun being had, all to gain more attention for themselves.

This happens with every hobby. Its male dominated, attention whores show up, the fun is ruined. Men find a new hobby to enjoy, free of women seeking attention for a short while.

wow youre a bigot?

Swimsuit models are real and nobody is playing wife beating simulators.

It's not an issue. They're trying to indoctrinate children with identity politics.

They tried to ban games depicting sexual violence in Japan and we told them to fuck off. I have a .jpg of the refusal, but it's too big for Sup Forums

Mass Effect was never good. Even the first game is terrible.

>the Japanese had to work to penetrate it
Bullshit, even back in the early days half the major arcade game devs were Japanese, and Japan had an unbroken grip on consoles for 25 years.

gamergate brought this whole wave of faggotry with safe spaces and 50+ different genders into the mainstream. on the flip side, as a response to all this blatant faggotry we got donald trump as the president of the united states

>Be old fag
>No time for real gaming
>play a few mobile apps
>like clash of clans and boom beach
>supercell adds heroes to boom beach
>pic related is what we get
What The Fug Finland, I thought you were cool?

stop chopin up my sides

How to make a Shitty leftist article:

1. The title:
(Insert something men or right wing people enjoy or believe in) is ______ist, _____ist, (add as many -ist words as you feel necessary)

2. the content:
Since most people only read the title, the content of your article is mostly unimportant. Simply talk yourself in cirrcles and repeat your main point to really drive it home. Don't worry about evidence, most people who do give a shit enough to read wont care about that anyhow.

3. Tone:
Be as condescending to your reader as possable, because remember: the reader is ALWAYS a dumbass with no brain. Really spell out everything for them.

With these 3 simple tips you too can write a buzzfeed or salon article!

Let me rephrase your question and let's see if you still need to ask :

> is it a problem to hire people on their gender or their skin color instead of their resume and to design a story around an agenda instead of focusing on writing a beautiful story in the first place?

>video games
>beautiful story
The number of good stories told through video games can be counted on your fingers. How about skimping on PR budget to hire some fucking competent programmers

mfw people have forgotten.

Deus ex
earthbound
dark souls
fallout
half life
system shock 2
Some of the final fantasies
dragon age origins
bioshock
I'd argue morrowinds story was pretty damn good
shovel knight

Thats just off the top of my skull.

>Planet Escape: Torrent
I bet you own a signed copy of 'The Name of the Wind' you fucking pleb.

>Dude Sex
Just a shopping list of entry level conspiracy theories. And it's incredible that gameplay so shitty was built on the OG Unreal Engine.
>Earthbound
Never actually played
>Dark Souls
eh. It looks nice, but it's too ambient to really count as storytelling. Props for playing to the strengths of the medium though. I honestly would rather play King's Field.
>Fallout
Was always pretty damn shit. 1 is passable but plays like garbage, 2 is ass and plays like garbage, New Vegas had passable writing and was fun to play, who cares about the rest?
>Half Life
'Hey Gordon, walk into the core wearing this suit, OH FUCK EVERYONE'S DEAD.' *12 hours later* "thank you Gordon the aliens are the dead, sleep now."
>system shock
I like this but it's nothing special
>FF
Ultros the Octopus is the greatest character in the history of the medium but I don't know if I'd say there's ever been a 'great story' between all of them.
>Dragon Age
hurff durff fegitz get off mai vidja
>bioshock
meme
>morrowind
I like it, but it's not incredible.
>shovel Knight
what? Never played.

Try harder pleb. You didn't even mention MGS2 or Nier, the only games to ever even come close IMO.

I'll give you half life but the rest are pretty good story-wise. Fallout 1 and 2 were always more about the story and how your character handled it.

Deus ex's gameplay still makes me cringe, if the story wasn't so good I could have never got through it. Was to interested to put it down.

You're better than this, Australia.

Fallout 1's story is just wandering around dingy towns full of shit-kicking nobodies until you find the three areas which are relevant to the greater plot. The Master and his plan are kind of interesting pulp science-fiction, maybe like something out of a forgotten Harlan Ellison story, but beyond that it's mostly ass. There are some great one-off concepts scattered around though. Harold's story about getting lost in the research facility is great. I also love some of the raider lines
>ride my bullet asshole
>oh man... that's not meant to be on the outside

Planescape Torment was shit when it came out and it's just as shit now. You know this is true.

I know the opposite. Maybe it's like the Coriolis effect and your taste is backwards.

If you never did anything but the main plot perhaps.
The story gives you a limited amount of time in the first game and that's one thing I hated, But I still had plenty of time to see everything. Brotherhood of steel, the bigass crater full of deathclaws, necropolis, all the shit to do in the hub, the junktown quest and how things pan out depending on what you do, the game felt like there were real consequences for your actions.

TES lore is actually pretty deep in deph, sometimes it just gets too obscure to be very enjoyable. Morrowind was just the icing.

heil lexi

Read some real fantasy you damn pleb. Planescape is overwritten garbage and absolute hell to actually play.

>Brotherhood of Steel
The armour place. Also those four paladins that they sent to help me kill the one guard outside Mariposa were a big help. Their lore only really gets interesting when they interact with other factions in New Vegas. They're a neat idea but not actually very interesting as they're implemented in the first game.
>deathclaws
I like these. The mutant animals were fun but not enough to carry a game.
>necropolis
One of the three relevant areas. It's okay. Ghouls are a great idea again, not a whole load is done with them.
>The Hub
If you aren't retarded you should have enough money to break the game by the time you get here. I still mess around doing stuff for the sake of it but nothing makes the game there. Just some kind of neat stuff.
>Junktown quest
Hot garbage. It's too easy to get a pile of rewards while being a good guy. The originally planned endings where Gizmo saves Junktown and the sheriff destroys it are better.
>real consequences
Too much of a bugged mess for me to care. Also you can't save the Hub, one of the most important things in the game, because of the bagged iguana meat quest.

>TES lore
Very fun, but I feel like they aren't using it well at all. It's a wiki full of interesting esoteric theology shoved into the corners of a series of sort of interesting open world rpgs. It'd be better if the main plots dealt with this stuff effectively. Morrowind made it work, Oblivion kind of did and Skyrim of course was just a complete mess.

Checked

>Nier
>Good storytelling
Your Reddit is showing

(((they))) have to control all media the fucking white males see, else they will learn to see the truth for themselves

Nier was a very good story. The world and cast are incredibly well fleshed out and the medium is used to the advantage of the story rather than something which has to be begrudgingly jammed in between paragraphs of overwritten purple nonsense.