Redpill me on the Korean war

Redpill me on the Korean war

>Hundreds of thousands dead
>Changed the Korean peninsula and world history forever
>First major conflict after WW2
>First fight between Commies and Democracy

So why is this named the 'Forgotten War' and why are there no good movies about it?

It more or less ended up where the war started with the country split with a North and South. It didn't have the same psychological effect on the world as if the north had lost or won.

B-bump

How did the commies even fight, doesn't communism ruin countries

Not only ruins them, also turns them into giant weapons factories.

>finaly we meet

>no good movies about it

No one cares about gooks. Make me some bibimbap or stfu.

35 thousands US soldiers died in the war dude.

none of these pictures are from Korean war

It was a UN war, fought under the UN flag. Really, I wonder if 40k American lives were worth the freedom of South Korea. Given that the same regime we fought against still exists and is still giving us shit- I would have to judge it a failure. btw- my great-uncle fought there at Chosin.

>no good movies about it
but there r
is good example

canadian here, but ethnically korean.

was there last summer at the un memorial for the war in busan

got the feels, they have these memorial stones that display what troops and how much shit each participating allied country contributed, and it was all like 15 transport units (greece), couple of platoons, etc etc, USA being the biggest contributor of allies.

then we get to the korean stone, and its literally like every single division of the military, none of this partition shit, fight or die. i know its obvious, but it just gave me the feels.

puppets in a bigger game, yes, but the losses were real

and this is the korean stone

i took a pic of the australian contribution cuz one of my best mate is from aus, thanks for the help lads

Because the war had minimal effect on US homeland unlike WW2 or Vietnam War.

It was an early test of CGI, and actually never happened. The North Koreans are actually all CIA agents, which is why the country is "dark.". Those that disobey or fail the CIA state are sent to slave camps. The recent launch of a missle at Japan was a misleading story - they launched a missle to intercept one the Japs launched at them. Most tech in the world is made in n. Korea and exported to s. Korea before proliferation about the world

I didn't even notice we had soldiers there.

attaboy

Looking at South Korea makes me wish the red won, truly a misreable country

lol please, you'll get your samsung galaxy s 3 next year, be patient and don't take your frustrations out on us

min nigga

Korea is like a spear head into Japan. Holding on to that little appendix of a country was important from an ideological perspective at the time as the world was being divided between communism and capitalism.

in retrospect, for the Koreans in the south, it was a godsend. They have everything we (America, Canada) have, except space.

I lived there for 3 years. The younger generations seem largely unappreciative. Except the ladies. They still give it up.

I used to get them in my apartment. I'd cook them a little dinner and have a nice bottle of wine. I'd show them pictures of my travels. Slowly I'd reach arround and caress their bums and discreetly slide my hand between there skin and their jeans, or what have you. Then I'd make a swift run for their cunny lips and insert a finger - I was always surprised how easy it was to access pussy from that way. It just wasn't possible with a western girl. Anyway, if you are ever in Korea (I call it the Incheon Landing).

>buttplug

>turkish monument is a black buttplug

those pics are from vietnam you retard

it's what the turks wanted, who are we to deny them

>YFW THAT DANK BULGOGI

IT WAS ALL ABOUT TIDES

WE REKT THEM LIKE THE JAPS AT MIDWAY

>he thinks selling his nation and culture for fancy gadgets is ok

You mean like the US?

as opposed to..... what do you guys do? comparatively pound for pound, come at us

N-no problem

on what is saudi arabia spending so much money arent they like 90% desert with around 20M population

>no good movies

M*A*S*H
A
S
H

training and weapons to fuck their neighbours up on the downlow

what? I dont understand, explain what you say

My grandfather drove an artillery truck in Korea.
I still have his uniform from those days.

Kind of, but in the US citiziens are not dying of hunger and US build the walls to keep people out, not to keep them in. So there might be a slight difference.

It was a UN job and the UN fucked up most of it. Truman was a pussy and didn't let MacArthur use nukes to eliminate the norks and red chinese at the same time. If MacArthur had been allowed to fight the war like a man, then there would be no communism in Asia.

However, by this time communist agents were already within US government and pulling strings to sabotage US war efforts. This is why General Patton was killed. He knew about this.

go learn the fucking language before you come and shitpost, baka

Nice

not an easy choice because the war had to remain a proxy war, regardless of how thin the veil was, nuking people would've turned that shit into world war 2 redux unedited unrated 120 hour director's cut

My grandfather met my grandmother in Korea. Never knew either of them, but here I am.

are you mixed

Fuck off drunk Ruskie, South Korea is the most functional country ever, Europe is Brazil-tier close to them.

ROK has larger GDP than Russia you faggot
Demise of USSR is so pathetic

>why not nukes
You can't be this dumb
Do you keep showing up in war threads and complaining the US doesn't use nukes or is it many Americans

good lad

>money>>>>>>>>>culture

ok, faggots, will you say me your mother as a slave for 1kk euros?

>nation of Great purge and negligence of human life
>culture

top kek

This.

One or two nukes in the north of the peninsula and the job was done, no North Korea or China trying to Sphere the south sea as we see today.

literally every 2nd korean film is about the war. more than half of those are really good.

Called the forgotten war cause no one cared about it when compared to all the vietnam protests

It was a UN "peacekeeping" war and so was doomed to failure , constant peace talks, negotiations and brief skirmishes. The Yanks used to fly one single unpainted B29 over the border before negotiations that would drop one huge unpainted shiny silver bomb, this scared the fuck out of the commies apparently.

so?

you're embarrassing yourself

>korean education

go answer the fucking question, why did you sell soul of your nation to foreighn rule?

Go do some Squatting Ivan, I bet you never went to South Korea.

Be a good boy and I send you some cheap Vodka and a Adidas Tracksuit.

M*A*S*H was set in Korea, but it was about Vietnam.

Only country of South america who have fight commies for 60 years.

In fact the division o peninsula was UN-China fault.

Fun fact: Neither south Korea or North Korea participated in the negotiations.

71 into the fire is better

Movies are made by leftists. The Korean War made the left look bad, so they refuse to talk about it.

>VLAD THIS MAD

SK CHAEBOLS ARE SOME OF THE BIGGEST CONGLOMERATES IN THE WORLD DUE TO AMERICAN CAPITALISM

WHILE THE NORTH IS EATING DIRT UNDER COMMUNISM

because it's not over yet, OP.

>I believe every shit the media feeds me

go watch hollywood movies and CNN news, burger

Deff should have nuked China for the stunt they pulled toward the end of the war.
And kept nuking them , until acquiring nukes was impossible for them.
Same goes for Russia

SOME SPICY ALTERNATIVE FACTS PUTINBOT, BUT WHERE ARE THE PROOFS

SK PUNCHES HUGELY ABOVE ITS WEIGHT BECAUSE AMERICA CAME IN THERE AND SET THEM UP RIGHT

ITS JAPAN ALL OVER AGAIN

we are aware of this, hence we are ride or die with USA

My step father in law did too. Got hit in the junk by a grenade and fought most of the battle without pants on.

the saudis are afraid of another 1979 revolution. Their military( like all arab mils) are focused on stopping internal revolt

> Got hit in the junk by a grenade and fought most of the battle without pants on.

>red pill me on the Korean War

Posts pictures of the Vietnam war

CAN STILL COUNT TO A HUNDRED FROM MIDDLE SCHOOL TAE KWON DO

FUCKIN KNUCKLE PUSHUPS

HANA DOOL OH GOD

Why did you fucking post pictures of the Iran Iraq war cunt

The really funny thing about the UN involvement is that it was only possible because China and the USSR boycotted the UN that day, so they couldn't veto the Security Council.
They haven't missed a day since.

That's a significant amount Aus-bro. I think the total of US deaths in Vietnam was around 68,000.

Now all we need is Indonesia and/or Monaco. And Canada. Maybe Canada.

you better believe it