Description of God

Muslim here

Wanted to talk about the description of God in Islam (=Allah in arabic, which means literally The God. FYI, arabic christians also say Allah in Egypt and other Middle-East regions).

Allah attributes are:

1. Existence: He exists without a place.Time does not lapse on Allah.
2. Oneness: Allah is One without any partners.He is One in His Self, His Attributes, and His Actions.
3. Eternity: Allah is Eternal; there is no beginning to His Existence. He has existed since before the creation.
4. Everlastingness: Allah is Everlasting; His existence does not come to an end.He does not perish.
5. Non-neediness of others: Allah does not need any of His creations and they are all in need of Him.
6. Power: Allah has Power over everything.
7. Will: Everything that occurs in this world is by the Will of Allah.
8. Knowledge: Allah knows about all things before they occur.
9. Hearing: Allah hears all what is hearable, without an ear or any other organ.
10. Sight: Allah sees all what is seeable, without a pupil or any other organ.
11. Life: Allah is alive without a soul, skin, or heart. His Life is not similar to ours. He is alive and does not die.
12. Speech: Allah's Speech (Kalam) is without a tongue or lip. His Speech is not in a language, Arabic or anything else. His Speech does not resemble the speech of the humans.
13. Non-resemblance to the creations: Allah does not resemble the creations.

Pic related: it is absolutely inconceivable in Islam that God looks like a man, or he is sitting somewhere in the sky, or he could have a son or a father.

We can also discuss about other subjects, I will try to answer any questions. Let's be courtly.

>Muslim
>France

checks out

There are many Muslims in France. I think there is a 4 million population estimated on 70.

Checked, Made mi shmile

>Sweden

honestly agree with you on that stuff only stuff about islam that gets me is sharia and the hajj desu

Tell me more about your concerns?

None of that is different to Christians description of God.

Don't tell me you fell for the atheist's "lol you believe in a magic sky wizard and his zombie son" meme.

I can see the idea behind a lot of stuff but it seems far too restrictive in my opinion. Some of my fondest memories are of fraternising with alcohol and music. All things in moderation. I suppose that religion and philosophy ultimately come down to ethics, I want to live a moral and pious life but its hard and often conflicts with the Australian ideal of a good life.

>Non-neediness of others: Allah does not need any of His creations and they are all in need of Him.

Why pray then?

In fact, it was more when I talked with "catholic christian" people in high school and university. I put christian in quote because a lot of French people say there are christian just because they went one day to the church.

But with those I talked with, it seems they fall for this meme. Perhaps it is only true for catholics and not protestants. Especially that I see many representation of God as a human sitting in the sky in churchs (pic related).
+ it is really weird for a Muslim to consider Jesus as God's son and not as a human prophet. I mean, a human is imperfect and he could not fit with God's attributes.

I guess you are protestant, is it different ?

To thank Him for all the gifts He gave us and ask Him to forget our sins.

I hope the frogs bring vack the guilotines just for you disgusting sandniggers. What a glorious day that will be.

No the father and the son are one within the trinity, they are separate but they are one (w/ holy spirit)

I think the depictions of God as a man are more to emphasize the metaphor for social relations. The Lord = a lord, hell = a torture chamber, heaven = the lord's hall, etc.

Concerning music, it is controversial. Some say it is forbidden, others say you can hear it. I think this question is overrated. Personally, I listen to music and I don't see where the problem is. Moreover, when you look to arabic societies in the 50s like in Egypt, etc. There were many singers and nobody seems to have any problem. These last 50 years have seen the surge of extremists in the Muslim community. So concerning music I think it is a false problem. But what is forbidden is to listen to music which prones degeneracy such as "crime, murder, guns, sex, money" like in rap music.

Concerning alcohol or drugs, it is forbidden because it removes your ability to decide.

Then, if you are interested in Islam, you don't have to be perfect overnight. Most people during Prophet time were drinking alcohol and having sex outside mariage. Interdictions came gradually.

Well, I guess we are all going to die one day or another ! :)

Hope you can find peace!

Islam is a Christian heresy and oversimplification inferior to the thing simplified.

There are only two religions on earth suitable for the adult mind: Christianity and Confucianism. Buddhists are basically Confucianism but they are also a Confucianism oversimplification inferior to the thing simplified.

As for your insult to the picture and that it is inconceivable for God to be a man: no shit. Christians do not believe him to be a man either but a spirit beyond our comprehension. The answer to you is that if you cannot understand high art created and written for grown-ups, you should not discuss them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, beards, etc) is, of course, merely symbolical attempts to express the inexpressible. Musical instruments are pictured because for many people music is the thing known in the present life which most strongly suggests ecstasy and infinity. Crowns are used and mentioned to suggest the fact that those who are united with God in eternity share His power and splendor and joy. Gold is used and mentioned to suggest the timelessness of heaven (Gold does not rust) and the preciousness of it. God is pictured as a strong, muscularity man with a beard to suggest the perfection of the human body and a beard to suggest wisdom (older people have beards, older people have seen the most, thus they are most wise)

People like you who take these symbols literally might as well have thought when Christ told us to be like lambs, we should get on all fours and grow wool coats.

You're an idiot. But it's okay, you're also useful to me. I needed a reminder why Muslims were so stupid.

So here are my questions.

So God would be a unique entity splitted in three entities (Jesus =God the Son, God the Father and the Holy Spirit)?

What is the difference exactly in term of representation between God the Father and the Holy Spirit ?

Also, why God (=Jesus) is born from a human mother ?

Then by reading Matthew 4:1-6
>Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
>2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry.
>3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”
>4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]”
>5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple

For me, as a Muslim, if Jesus was God or God's son:
Why is he hungry and suffering?
Why is the devil trying to tempt God?
Why is he talking about God as something distinct?

Why being so aggressive? I hope you are not talking with this tone to anybody asking question! ;)

I know a lot of retarded Christians who think God is an actual man so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about

about your religion*

those same sins he himself created.
I'd like to believe but there is no valid reason anymore.

No man could stand before this image of God and be able to bear it. No amount of rule-following would be enough. You need a surrogate

For example, in Genesis 1:27-28, you can read:

>27 So God created man in his own image,
>28 in the image of God he created him

For example, you could never read something like that in Quran. Because humans are in no way comparable to God. We don't look like God, and suggesting this means you don't believe in Islam.

However, I would be interested to debate with you the question of why you think Islam is a Christian heresy?

Genesis 1:26 ▻ ... And God said, Let us make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness:

“And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us”;

“Go to, and let us go down, and there confound their language”;

Please note the plurals.

Little known fact that this painting is about the relationship of the brain and man. God is in the mind etc etc.

In Qoran, you often have "We" to designate God it is a royal "We".
Is it the same thing here?

Everybody has seen Westworld, fuck off

I also forget: If Jesus is a part of God, I would be interested how was God before Jesus was born? Only God the Father and Holy Spirit?

Theologians still argue that same point.

'god' could theoretically be one person/being or ten million billion persons/beings.
If you are all powerful you can do wtf you want to.

The Trinity could be described as God, Word of God and Spirit of God.
The Word is Jesus and in the original greek, word=speech .
The Spirit of God literally means Breath of God.
>Also, why God (=Jesus) is born from a human mother ?
The virgin Mary gave birth to the human body in which the Word/Son of God(Jesus) was incarnated.

>Why is he hungry and suffering?
Jesus was hungry after his fasting because of His human body.
>Why is the devil trying to tempt God?
The devil tried to tempt Jesus into commiting sin while in the flesh so that His purpose on the earth could not be fulfilled.
Why is he talking about God as something distinct?
To Jesus, God is His Father because when God speaks the Word is born from Him, and thus God speaks through the Word(Jesus).

Allah means satan you fuck head

If you look up John 1:14 it will tell that the word of the Lord became flesh. He sended his only son to be sacrificed for our sins.

Jesus the son of god was made human, like he said in genesis. "Made man in his image". He felt hunger, pain and everything else. But because he is the messiah, the word became flesh. With the knowledge of the word he was able to resist the devil. I still have to read more about it. Jesus knew that he was going to be sacrifice and knew when, but his pain, emotions were still human.

I heard from some old muslim lady, if u say alah help me and u look at the sky, your already committing sin, coz u implied that allah resides is the sky, but his like everywhere,,, is tat tru?

and one more thing,, why allah is hating his followers so much? I mean,, his like ordering them what to wear, kill infidels, treat woman like kattle, kills free thought, enslave human spirit and shit like that.

Also, read op Isaiah chapter 53. The old testament knew about the coming of a messenger/saviour.

Islam is a man-made religion. The Quran has many scientific inaccuracies and many of the "miraculous scientific claims" were taken from Greek philosophers.

You're wrong right off the bat with Number 1, which is the whole problem with faggot morons like you. You imaginary friend isn't real. Grow up.

Black calls the pot kettle
Also checked

/Thread

You seem to have left but the essence of Christianity is that the son of God died on the cross to pay for mankind's sins and rose to prove it. Islam makes Jesus a minor prophet and ignores everything important he said.

God is one entity in three persons, not three entities. Son is begotten by the Father, Holy Spirit proceeds from Father and the Son.

>Also, why God (=Jesus) is born from a human mother ?

Why couldn't He? He is omnipotent after all.

>For me, as a Muslim, if Jesus was God or God's son:
>Why is he hungry and suffering?
>Why is the devil trying to tempt God?

Because of Jesus' fully human nature.

>Why is he talking about God as something distinct?

"God" has, in New Testament terminology, two meanings: either the being we usually call "God" or the person of the Father. In the first case, God isn't spoken as something distinct. In the other meaning, He is.