Hurricane Katrina

Redpill me on Hurricane Katrina, we're watching a movie on it right now in class.

What was the political issue surrounding the event? All I remember is, "George Bush hates black people," But I just realized: one of the biggest reasons why Katrina was so impactful to its victims was because most of them were on social welfare. So without a livable home, they literally did have nothing (though to say they had something of worth to begin with would be a stretch).

I may be late to the game coming to that realization but frankly I don't give too much attention to the desperate demands of the black community which is what I saw the entire event as.

Other urls found in this thread:

city-data.com/crime/crime-New-Orleans-Louisiana.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was shitty city government combined with niggers that can't swim

Ray nagin and kathleen blanco could not get their shit together . Both democrats , folks . All on them .

This. They were doomed. New orleans was already a shit hole they didnt bother fixing, but then it got so much worse.

Most of the shit I see though is, "oh well we decided to stay because it's our home." So why the hell should I feel bad at all for these people fully willing to brave a deadly storm that was, with literally days of proof and warning, going to rip them apart should it choose to.

City government funneled infrastructure funds into tourism attractions. Levi was in poor repair despite inspectors telling them to get that shit fixed for years. Levis broke and the city flooded since it's essentially a giant bowl beneath sea level.

Bush didn't really do anything wrong, FEMA REEEEE'd about how it was their jurisdiction, held up the Red Cross and any other aid organization over jurisdiction, so it came down to volunteers to aid them. Bush went down there to see the damage, but opted to do a flyover. Press photos came out of people suffering while Bush looked out a plane window.

From there people were just angry and trying to fix the situation. Houston got BLACKED because of it. I still remember dindus arguing that they deserve free food and the ability to sit wherever they want at my school, like three years after it happened.

The niggers in the superdome had a legendary chimpout that traumatized the Bong tourist. Also probably like 40 white people were killed by them but its covered up.

>So why the hell should I feel bad
you shouldn't. don't let anybody tell you that you should. the niggers made their own beds and complained when they had to sleep in it

I live in South Florida and have heard many stories from my friends in PD/FD... There are always people that refuse to evacuate during hurricanes and once the storm passes, they get trapped. These people are fucking idiots and not only put their lives at risk, but those of the first responders trying to fish them out of their destroyed homes. People are fucking retarded.

>These people are fucking idiots and not only put their lives at risk, but those of the first responders trying to fish them out of their destroyed homes

we should make it known: if you don't evacuate then we'll get to you when we get to you with no rush and no endangerment of our emergency workers

Not to mention all of the looting that took place outside of the Superdome. There were literally neighborhood militias set up to fend off the niggers.

>build city below sea level
>surprised when catastrophic flood hits

The corrupt nigger mayer and governer fucked up bigtime, refused to allow FEMA to do their job, then cried like all niggers do for gibs and called everyone saving them racist. New Orleans is a shithole.
Hurricane IKE hit texas as a cat5 directly over Galveston, everyone came back and rebuilt their houses and the city. Nobody rebuilt the projects because it wasn't in the best interest of the city to have lazy crackhead niggers all over.

Blacks aren't fit for modern civilization, they should be sent back to their homeland.

I was right in the middle of it at a resort in Mexico.

Going out during the eye was cool as hell, most of the buildings had no roofs and Americans were looting the bars.

Hey, I lived through Katrina at... 7? 8?
Stranded for a few days, looked like pic related.
I remember one of the fireman that came to rescue us dropped a baby in the water.
I was that age that I just barely was old enough to remember things.

> Houston got BLACKED because of it.

Yeah, the New Orleans niggers didn't seem to understand that they needed to stay in the wards with the rest of them.

I live in NOLA and was a part of the mass exodus in 2005, the Sunday prior. It took 12 hours to get to Baton Rouge which is normally a 1 hour drive. That was with contraflow I believe.

Everyone in the city knew as long as I can remember that we were vulnerable to flooding. Everyone would just laugh it off. Political corruption is just a funny meme around these parts. Lol we're so corrupt Lol we're party animals etc. Mardi Gras, if I'm correct, is just a season to sin as much as possible before Lent.

There's a lot to love about this city, but the corruption comes with that and that comes with a price. That's how it works, folks.

one day we wont live in dystopia

from an oldfart during katrina..
>government says gtfo, big ass hurricane coming in 2 weeks
>retards stay in city
>hurricane owns city
>herpderp george bush hates black people

It was brilliant
>send all of your crime to Houston
>profit

Btw some of that looting was from the cops themselves. I can't say how much, but there was some, and I'm not talking about food and water.

it was specifically the Governor, a cunt named Kathleen Blanco. She did not know she was the only one with authority to send in the national gaurd. What happened in the week following the storm was all her fault.

I lived there at the time. AMA

>Hey a giant hurricane is coming you should really gtfo for really reals.
>Muh fugga bix nood na mayne
>OH FUGG WHY MAH HOUSE FLOODED N SHEEIT FUGGIN WHITE PEOPLE HALP
It was a case of niggers being niggers.

city-data.com/crime/crime-New-Orleans-Louisiana.html

In 2004 the rape and murder per capita numbers were over 100 higher relative to 2006

THANK YOU HURKANE KASHONDA

>looking out the window and laughing at drowning niggers.

huh, i wonder OP...

It is like a perfect case study of how blacks are dumber than shit compared to every other race.

As a city, how do you accept "refugees"?

Like why can't I just say "no, fuck off niggers"? Why would I ever accept them?

Of course Sup Forums is leaving out half the story again and just blaming it on the left.

The reason bush looked bad for it was his guy he had directing FEMA.

Michael D. Brown

What did this guy do to become director of FEMA?

Military?
Cop?
Firefighter?

No...he was a judge for Arabian horse competitions. Let that sink in. The guy in charge of emergency response judged how pretty horses where.

Not only that but he was forced to resign from that because he was caught in a scandals.

Bush deserved every bit of criticism he got for hiring someone that stupid.

The fact is he thought he would never have to worry about that position so he gave it to a friend

Nothing is worse than a Katrina nigger many of them were relocated to other communities and continue to cause mayhem and destruction to this day unlike the storm storms come and go niggers don't when you give them gibs me!

>a man who specializes in noting fine differences in animals that denote poor breeding and cultural habits isn't fit to run FEMA

No, that's all fine.

The problem is that the left wing has sympathy for niggers. So yes, they're to blame.

Let's see what I can remember. For the record, I'm white, was born in new Orleans in 97 (moving away shortly after my birth before moving back a bit before Katrina). I actually went back last year for Mardi gras for the first time in a decade. Makes every parade seem worthless in comparison and I've seen all the big Manhattan ones.

First, you have to set a backdrop. Literally every few months there would be a report of a horrible hurricane coming, and nothing would happen every time. We would evacuate to (a place I'll get to in a moment), stay overnight, and come back after literally nothing happened except some heavy rain.

So here comes Katrina, and my dad says fuck it, we're not going. We lived right to Audubon park (google it, but basically imagine a big park with bike paths, a lake, and golf courses). Sidenote, but I actually learned to ride a bike there. Like six year olds, I just took off and rode all the way around and looped my walking parents. Completely insane now that I look back on it. Anyway, hear about this hurricane, no big deal right? I remember my mom and I taking some bread and going to Audubon to feed the ducks.

I still remember that eery feeling. I didn't know the word at the time, but lovecraftian was the only one to describe it. This was a park that could compete with Manhattan's Central park in human density if not area, and it was completely silent and still. The wild was slowly picking up, and as a small child it felt like being roughly shoved. It was so hauntingly calm and we just kept walking and could not find a single duck. Then I remember a man approaching us, dressed as a cop. I can't even remember his face or anything else, but he said that we needed to get indoors and hopefully leave the city. So we went back to our nearby house.

Now, my father had just finished his medical residency and we had moved back to New Orleans to be close to some of his buddies.

Out of space, cont...

Surely OP will come back....

He was currently working at the emergency room in a place called Chalmette (google maps is your friend), which is the place we had previously gone for hurricanes.

So, we just got back from the park, and we're just sitting around when we get a call from one my dad's friends. Real smart guy, says this hurricane is bad, talks for half an hour and convinces my dad that we need to evacuate. Funnily enough, our house wasn't touched, we got back a month later and got everything before leaving. Except for the fridge, of course. The fridge was a real tragedy because we had just picked like 20 pounds of blueberries. You ever smell 20 pounds of rotten blueberries? I haven't either, but judging by my parents refusal to let me get close, it wasn't pretty.

So, we head out to this hospital, go to sleep.
I'm waken very early by one of my parents, I can't remember which, says we have to move. The hospital had one of those automatic double doors, and there was literally a foot of water slowly gushing in through it.
So, we run up stairs and by the end of the day, the water was up to the tops of the houses. I remember people talking about the hospital being completely fucked, and they had just put in a bunch of new equipment. I didn't check later, but I'm pretty sure the hospital closed. My dad was pissed because he had just bought a new car (well technically used), it wasn't insured, and we weren't as well off those days. I'm pretty sure the cell towers got fucked too, I remember everyone standing on the roof with their shitty little fliphones trying to get a signal. I roamed the upper floors of that hospital, I'm sure I could draw a map from memory, but it would be a child's map: the dimensions all wrong. I can't remember what we ate, not sure if my parents packed or not. I did learn that you could make some great fucking balloons out of latex gloves. There was one nurse (doctor?) who was a master and taught me how to do it. I remember one nurse who was like 6"2"...

Eh, I don't care about OP, I just like writing stories, and this inspired me. Looking back on my (admittedly short life) I'm almost impressed at how many ridiculous situations I've been in, entirely through no fault of my own. I just wanna be a NEET and play vidya.

...And I was baffled at how tall she was. I remember all broken windows. Some guy went crazy in the heat and threw a chair through one, and everyone else followed. Another sidenote, but obviously this is an upper middle-class perspective, I wasn't involved with looting or crime, being too young, in any case.

So we waited there for days, and finally the firemen or coast guard or whatever shows up in boats. As I said before, dropping the baby and having to dive after it was the running joke in the hospital. I was too young to distinguish between true or false, but I think it was true. We finally got on a boat and went to a prison which had been made into a makeshift hospital. I was shielded to this by my youth, but with the power failures and general trauma, I'm sure a lot of patients died. So, I'm following my dad running around this prison trying to administer medicine. Finally another boat comes, and I lose track of the number of boats at this time. I do remember riding along the tops of street lights. Waters been going down this whole team, and we get to a place where we get sweatshirts with the world new Orleans in pink lettering. I remember being torn between having this trophy and wearing something subtlety pink. I think it was just a gutted store that we were legally robbing, overseen by the police or whatever. I remember shelves. More boat rides. We finally get out, and I remember it being night. There were volunteering driving buses to shuttle people out of the city. I remember being giving some subway knockoff sandwich, but I was so hungry I didn't care.

Last post coming up.

Also op

Bush was warned of Levi breaks and ignored it.

Cheney took power repairmen off of trying to get hospitals back up to work on the oil line which had been damaged.

And after Michael brown left office, he said the reason FEMA didn't respond correctly was because the republicans said they wanted to punish the governor who was a white female democrat.

In short op, don't ask pol for serious answers. You rarely get the truth.

If the situation was reversed, they would have lost their shit

your story is retarded dude.

here's what actually happened, no bullshit

hurricane comes, niggers everywhere, looting running amuck. bands of niggers systematically looting stores, homes, anything undefended. FEMA can't come because their director is a fucking retard, and by the way they held up the red cross who had trucks full of relief supplies ready and waiting to go.

eventually the order is given to take all the niggers to the superdome, where they will live now. imagine a football stadium filled with homeless poor people many of whom cannot even read. many of whom are high school dropouts, and many of whom have a severe entitlement complex, and bad manners.

oh, and the niggers started shitting on the floor by the end of the first day, like a bunch of retarded cattle

Everyone knew the Levi was unsafe. No one cared. It's like people in Cali. They know theres going to be an earthquake that destroys everything, but they reason it can't happen to them. Sidenote, don't move to Cali, arguably worst place I've ever lived, debatably with Wyoming.
>fucking Aussie
I'm telling my story as someone who lived through it. Not everyone is a nigger, and everyone already knows that side of the story. Orleans is current 1/3 white, and I think it was more in the past?
I feel asleep on the ride. Woke up in some people's front room, they were playing some Jimmy neutron episode about being stranded on an island. I had to leave before I saw the ending, and I haven't seen Jimmy neutron since. We got a minivan, which I was sad cause I wanted one with automatic doors, but the only one they had left was white. So, get a car, drive around the country for a month, get back to New Orleans, get our shit, go to Missouri. there's more, but that's a different story.
The point that nigs will nig, but also the fact that no one expected it coming, and the fact that a lot of normal people lived through it too. I don't know the point, actually. Maybe drink whiskey and shitpost several hundred words of blogging.

Not surprising, as I've heard many stories about the corruption surrounding NO

Yes but when ur advisors are telling u this is the biggest storm in a century and the levies won't hold, and u give a lol I don't care look...then don't be surprised when u get shit on.

Especially having Michael brown completely fucking everything up only to have bush tell the media brown was doing a h do of a job. Then forcing him out a few days later.

I actually like bush. I think he's like carter in a way. Good guy, terrible president. Of course bush was saddled with Cheney which hampered him a lot.

And don't forget the US was offered aid from numerous allies and non allies and turned it down for weeks until they seen they could'nt do it alone.

Katrina was the turning point for bush

the true redpill is knowing that nothing matters and no matter what you do your role in society is fixed at birth dependent on numerous genetic rng's that determine whether or not you are a main or background character

That's the blackpill, friendo ;^)

the truth is that all pills are just offshoots of how people deal with the blackpill

>Get money for years to help maintain and build levys and flood protection from the state and federal government
>AYO HOL UP
>SO WHATCHU SAYIN IS
>*smacks lips*
>WE GETTIN FREE MONY
>FROM DA GUBMINT
>AND WE CAN SPEND IT ON ANYTHAN?
>SHEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIT LES GET A STATUE ON BURBON STREE WIT DAT MONY
>LES SPEND IT ON ALL DIS STUFF OVA HERN!
>SHEEEEEEEEEEIIT DIS STUFF JUST KEEP COMIN IN WE SPENNIN ON ERRYTHIN NYUH!
>hurricane comes
>retaining walls that haven't been worked on in decades break
>GEO BUSH HATE BLACK PPL!

Evacuation orders were given several days before it arrived.

The stadium was opened up as a care center for people who COULD NOT evacuate for whatever reason.

It got flooded with a bunch of able bodied niggers who should have evacuated. So it was taxed beyond its capacity.

So yeah. The feds had a viable crisis management plan. Niggers managed to ruin it. A lot of people died as a result.

Fair enough.

>I like bush
What
You must have a blue suppository to say that

In any cases, I think the main issue with Katrina was the boy who cried wolf and the inadequacy of bureaucracy to adapt to a new situation. There was no plot, beyond the elites general lack of concern for people. When California falls into the ocean sometime in the next few years, it will be the same reaction.

Most of the people who stayed in New Orleans couldn't afford cars to leave the city, and some were retarded enough to stay at home rather than catch a bus to the superdome (which smelled like shit, was hot and was a hellhole, but at least you couldn't drown to death from storm surge.)

Some train company offered to take the people who couldn't get out for free but Negin said no. Also, the levees were poorly made and weren't maintained enough. (Which they should have been for a city below sea level.)

Overall, most of the hurt from Katrina could have been avoided if the local government wasn't so incompetent.

Also, the response to Katrina was slow.