Intel is compromised

Guys what should we make of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/corna/me_cleaner
youtu.be/rcwngbUrZNg
blog.invisiblethings.org/papers/2015/x86_harmful.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=rcwngbUrZNg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this has been known in the infosec community for a long time. no new info in user's bread to my knowledge.

this has been common knowledge for years, if you didn't know it's because you don't know much about technology

Did you also know that Intel CPUs have a radio transmitter inside of them? No?

Well then you're way in the past gramps.

Larp shit.

sage and report

Can't fight dem botnets

Why does the government need to spy on it's citizens? What is it hiding?

honestly, ME's are semi common knowledge. Thats why on very secure systems you use encrypted VMs, DMZs, destroy the mic, the cam, and take out the batteries + poweroff whenever you aren't using the secure computer.

also the room needs to be Faraday to avoid the myriad of other methods they can spy on you.

>what we hate
>cz 75
>implying

It's hiding a crippling inability to do any actual intel research on anything without having to resort to 'babbys first spying'.

FUCK ALL LARPERS

>TFW they can't spy on if you don't plug the power cable

>tfw they can't spy on you if you don't have a gf

The regular man should either tape over his mic and cam or if is smarter then just take them out altogether.

Laptops with integrated cams and mics don't have such an option.

>TFW my waifu will never betray me to the evil government

Good luck I'm running behind 6 Cyrix CPU's

You're a fucking retard

bump

You should be able to open the screen and take them out or just destroy them. Not terribly hard. Apple I don't know about though. That zuck pick showed his laptop with tape over the mic and cam so they might be harder to destroy.

People have known about ME for years.
github.com/corna/me_cleaner

what happens if I buy those new Amd processors

they are not owned by Intel r-right

AMD, NIGGA

They probably are. Just because someone hasn't come forward does not mean they aren't compromised. But that same argument could be made for anything, really.

sage all AMD shills

This is something that could've been EASILY verified by any competent engineer, if it were true.
You can sniff all network traffic with an external device, so your computer can't send any invisible signals on the internet.
There's plenty of people who can validate this and plenty of publicity and other reasons for individuals to expose this, not to mention competing governments.
The fact that this has never been confirmed suggests that OP is a larping faggot with nothing better to do than to troll the easily trollable conspiratards.
>inb4 flag

>amd shills everywhere
TrustZone®

t. Intel Jew

>implying AMD doesn't also do this shit

Kek. I actually did use to work for Intel, but it was just internal software development.

waifus are the true redpill

you're a liar

Bump for interest

You're right, I'm actually part of intel's psyop department, Sup Forums division.
SHUT IT DOWN

lmao fucking kike

get out

Isnt it funny though that everyone is using the smartphone kike and still worries about their pc being spied

Is there a bigger jew than smartphones and facebook checkins really?Thats a secret services wet dream since cold war era and people are doing this themselves

>women

you know Intel literally stole everything from AMD in one of the biggest acts of corporate sabotage in the world... right? like on record, court cases, and shit

Intel chips are made in Israel. What do you expect?

Our options in microchips and technology in general basically come down to whether you want to be spied on by Israel or China.

chinese are okay desu senpai

>AMD master race

Isn't Intel a Jewish company hosted in Israel?

nice marketing campaign by AMD

You know guys i knew this day would come eventually. At some point privacy will be enough reason for all countries that are not US satelites and have something to hide from cia to produce their own hardware or get rid of online systems at all, maybe even cut the internets...
I wonder if it's going to be freedom or slavery.

All i personally want is to make sure my children and grandchildren will be able to play masterpieces of my childhood. I'll do my best to ensure Homm'3 and Morrowind will be safe for them to try.
And what videogames you'd kept safe to give your cyborg grandchildren to play pol?

welcome to 1980 faggot

AMD is better anyway

>what is Platform Security Processor

Super Metroid, SShock2, Thief

>I'll do my best to ensure Homm'3 and Morrowind

what a noble cause.I doubt they will want to play it though,just like I didnt want to play with my dads shitty toys

I would like to leave behind the very first MSG though.This game was my first redpill at a very tender age

get a C2Q or earlier and run Linux?

honestly, CPUs have peaked since then. you can run most, if not all modern games satisfactory enough with a C2Q. you won't get 4K@60FPS but you'll have to make do if you're leading a tinfoil lifestyle.

Welcome to 1984 friend , it's a Brave New World .
The whole Atlas Shrugged over the Animal Farm the Catcher in the Rye promoted

>You're a fucking retard

the ME shit is known for months

This. It was exactly what was said would happen when it was announced. Sup Forums and other tech savvy people aren't just paranoid when they say these things, they're right.

AMD MASTERRACE, REPLY TO THIS POST

>Intel literally stole everything from AMD

>underageed amdroid detected

k

No, Intel is pretty American. Ex- Nazi's used to work there.

It doesn't matter what they did, intel has the best cpus so everyone will always buy intel even if they don't follow laws

Thing is, this shit is easily broken by an open source router that disallows network traffic to the places that are expecting the information.

Since those addresses are hard-baked into the ME, they can never change them.
Use wired connections and physically disable wireless communication from the motherboard (disconnect voltage from ICs, use manual switches if needed), then set up your router to block the IPs, and they can't access your network in order to activate it.

Next, ground your computer case with an earth-reference grounding plug and your metal computer case is now a faraday cage meaning no radio transmitter will work from within it.

You can also line it with crushed copper foil and it will block everything except high-powered radio transmitters that would disrupt every radio device for blocks.

what is this AMD vs INTEL shit in this thread anyways? some sort of meme?

Wouldn't the open source router also need an open source CPU? Arm, after all has the same shit; and the Russians and Chinese would be fucking stupid if they wouldn't force their companies to adopt backdoors.

What does Sup Forums have to say about this? Asking for a friend

>what a coincidence that a company named intel provides intel to the government

You are mostly wrong about everything regarding ME.

Sophisticated enough router rules would stop it, however.

wrong
ryzen series outclasses

> Work with laptops

> Always find the CPU as listed, never another one.

> MFW you can't simply "hide" a CPU, millions of people like me disassemble laptops to the last bit.

You are all paranoid, go play outside for a while.

>sage
>posts a picture
go back to whatever normie site you came from

>when the goyim so stupid you don't even need to hide it
replace the n in news with j.

Regardless of whether OP is LARPing or not, the Management Engine as he describes is real and nothing new.

We're all fucked.

Known about for awhile..

youtu.be/rcwngbUrZNg

Yeah even air gapped machines have been owned using high pitched frequencies. Better be a sound proof room as well.

holy shit

anyone who is interested in such matters should read this paper to understand how fucked things are in terms of security and how we've been sucked into using insecure architecture and coding practices so that we can be hacked more easily (or at least that's my cynical take). if anyone actually gave a shit about security we'd have ditched x86 and manual memory allocation

blog.invisiblethings.org/papers/2015/x86_harmful.pdf

yeah, the same for some brands of hard disk,l the only we can do is to saturate the system with info.

You're not taking apart the CPU. You have no way of knowing the behavior of the CPU by stripping hardware.

Ok, you work in low level IT and you now how to fix a broken mouse when Sarah in sales puts in a ticket. That doesn't mean you have anything intelligent to say about Intel's CPU firmware

Ahe discusses Intel ME specifically around 20 mins into video. But whole talk is very interesting.

Should every single intel user run the MEcleaner brogram on his kektop? Is it safe to use, or are people just shilling this shit because reasons?

Guess the intel community likes to watch me masturbate, kek.
>some fag from CIA has to monitor some fat small dicked guy who jerks off too much
>years later he gets posted to some fucking goat milk enthusiast board
>muh illustrious career as a spook

Right on.. I also linked to a YouTube video of her discussing.

feels pretty good man, right?

I wonder if how cyborg children will feel about playing system shock or deus ex.

do you think qubes is compromised :-/

I think the problem is that this stuff is too abstract for 85% of the population and the privacy right's advocates did not manage to dumb the complex matter down to an easily digestible message. Like: YOU ARE LESS SAFE AND AT RISK TO GET HACKED BECAUSE OF THE NSA AND CIA! Here is why ---

Fuck qubes.... just spin up a bunch of virtual machines on your own.

Big fuckin deal. Of course it's compromised.

It's an architecture level backdoor. Your OS doesn't make a difference.

h-hi

why can they even fucking spy with a cpu??
give me some concret exemple.

A smart leaf

So you're a fucking janitor there, who cares.

Stop this LARP shit, there are NO BACKDOORS.

Give more proof of who you are, and what you know or FUCK OFF

Don't trust /k/- CZ's are some of the most overrated meme pistols you can buy.

What user said. Backdoors being discussed are independent of OS (qubes)

anyone with a shorter attention span watch this video it explains it really well and has a hot russian lady in it:

newfag with a proxy detected

>patch a few cia back doors
>they got fifty more and watch you even closer now

It was a good thread but common knowledge to anyone in that aspect of IT. The back orifice at the hardware level has been going on for a decade or more.

Hey - could you defeat this by distributing your application across multiple servers?

So each CPU only touches a single process. That'd be hard to piece together behavior of a single application that's supported by multiple cpu

you ever notice how AMD engineers are happier , they don't suffer so many internal politics or just ride over it, it's because if you work for intel you are basically a soldier. Not an infantry on foot but part of a larger self destructive industry.

AMD works, Intel survives.