Why do we pay so much for healthcare?

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3WnS96NVlMI
medscape.com/features/slideshow/public/malpractice-report-2015#page=2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jews

Niggers

We subsidize the rest of the world by coming up with new treatments, drugs, etc. and then the fucks with universal healthcare go "HEY NICE MEDICINE WE'RE GONNA USE THAT NOW THANKS BTW WHY IS UR SHIT SO EXPENSIVE? xDDD"

Jews and niggers

Because healthcare hasn't hit a price ceiling and likely never will since the majority of people will fight to their last penny, along with the last penny of their creditors, to avoid death or living in pain. It creates a cycle of debt from the people who do pay made even worse by the people who show up to an emergency room, have to be helped by law even if they don't provide personal information, and can never be charged for services rendered.

Medical industries are the one subset of the economy that I think needs to be regulated because otherwise it's a fucking debt factory.

>m-muh niggers n joos

ffs do you literal retards even know what you're talking about? every first world nation gives aid to the rest of the planet, not just america, and yet only america has shit healthcare. here's why the healthcare is shit, because fuckwads like you let it be

Fat people, can sue doctors for basically anything so they do every possible test to cover their skin, we produce half the world's medical innovation,and the FDA creates virtual monopolies by making the approval process as long as possible and slapping on 10 year patents

most of your doctors are jews

neets and niggers, welfare state created by the left

Because you are fucking corrupt as shit, but you keep denying that because your fucking ego's get in the way of everything. And yes, in Europe it's also corrupt, but not to your extent.

You better pray the block-chain technology will get popular fast so you can have fair system. You can't blame anyone either, it's just people's nature. But we must eradicate this disease called corruption and our best bet is the block-chain to make every transaction transparent. I hope we can win this fight. Imagine all the wealth coming free!

The U.S. population has a much unhealthier lifestyle. Almost all foods have sugar in them. Fast food is cheap, tasty and convenient. There is a culture that thinks eating crap food is no big deal. In addition to that the country is set up for driving. In Europe most people are forced to walk at least 30 minutes a day. That counts as exercise.

Also niggers. Niggers are fat. Niggers commit crimes so public transportation is not really an option. You also can't live in cities so you live in the suburbs and drive. Also niggers don't pay for ER and other things. So the people that do pay, pay an inflated price to compensate for free loaders.

Obama introduced a lot of bureaucracy and inefficiencies. So in addition to paying for the doctors you pay for a lot of paper pushers that don't add any value.

Lawsuits. People like to sue for malpractice.

Schooling is more expensive in America. It's expensive to train a doctor to graduate to the standards required.

Like someone else said, Research and Development of drugs, medical equipment and other such things cost money and is supported by the americans. Europeans don't invent shit, they just take the medicine at a much lower cost.

Solution: make medical care cheaper and humans healthier. How? get rid of niggers and spics that don't pay for it and are fat anyway. Get rid of Obamacare. If you can't afford medical care just die! Get rid of the lawsuits and paper pushers. Create incentives so that people pay for what they use so it's not overconsumed. Tax the rest of the world for R&D. Lower the standards to graduate so if you get treated for a broken nail it doesn't cost a fortune (increase supply). Have competition between hospitals and doctors.

In short it's very easy to fix it. But explaining to the population that not everyone deserves to live and have access to healthcare is hard. People are stupid.

>Solution: make medical care cheaper and humans healthier. How? get rid of niggers and spics

Sup Forums in a nutshell

they all vote democrat which come with the retarded communist policies that ruined it.

ironically still wrong. sweden has an influx of immigration but there healthcare isn't anywhere near broken. you can blame niggers until your nuts turn blue but that fixes nothing

Whats the last medicine or vaccine developed by America?

Europe has been on the forefront of finding cures for HIV, Cancer, and even the Zika Vaccine.

Not to mention our tax dollars already go towards medical research.

Also you can't sue doctors anymore, they put in laws preventing that a long time ago. Your arguments are just outdated, like this is shit Nixon said to implement the insurance scam in the first place.

I blamed it on a lot of things if you read the post. Let's see how long the Sweden's healthcare system lasts especially when the brown people get old, fat, and sick.

Democrats have been trying to tell u this shit for decades u fucking retards

>i blamed it on alot of things, all of which are wrong, wait until the unforseeable future though!

brilliant

Except that's not included in these results you stupid spastic.

Just because your fat poor ass can't afford healthcare doesn't mean Sweden's system is better. I've lived for more years in Europe than America and can compare.

>60%

>sweden healthcare isnt better

now you're just trolling. next you'll say canada's is worse too

obese black people and hispanics who go to the ER every time they stub their toe.

cuz ur jew slaves

I'm fairly conservative even by American standards but profiteering out of sickness and death is pretty scummy

As long as all that is wrong with you is a broken arm, their healthcare is superior.

If you have anything actually wrong with you, it is advisable to flee to the states.

R&D is included in the results you doofus

yes, it is.
Hospitals overcharge for everything because some of that money goes right back into research and teaching new doctors.

Thats a jew lie, your tax dollars already go to research. the hospital bill pays for the bribes to your politicians.

Holy fuck you need to be lobotomized.

Because corporations control America and Obama memed the ACA as free health care to a generation of gullible millenials that wanted to be "so modern like other countries are!"

>have fastest / highest quality healthcare
>people are surprised when you have to pay more

Do you really want to be like shithole UK where you have to wait months for an appointment?

Tl;dr capitalism and inelastic demand. The demand for healthcare barely moves even as price becomes exhorbitant.

because we have several hundred million more people than all of those countries by themselves

this shit right here nigga

Why would you cure those? You want niggers to live longer?

>your tax dollars already go to research

Yes, but hospitals also SELF FUND to some degree. You think 100% of research of govt funded?

Moron.

>jew has choice to spend on research or keep money

What do you think? Show me one private hospital that developed a cure for anything ever

Why, because he's correct?

except the problem is government intervention rather than capitalism. Medicare and medicaid are government creations. Old people waste medical care when they're terminally ill because it doesn't cost them anything. They could just die at home rather than get useless treatments. Obamacare which introduced a ton of regulations. Other rules that suppress supply. People being allowed in the ER without being able to pay is also a government rule. Many such examples.

>except the problem is government intervention rather than capitalism.
good goy

You get excellent treatment in the US but you also get poor value for money.

Someone post US healthcare bills for lulz pls

Your strong argument is that I am a jew. I am not. Why do jews bother you so much. Are you a muslim?

I wish the US and Europe would stop intervening so Israel could kill all the muslims around and take their lands.

I thought communist palestinians were congregating on Reddit. Why don't you go back over there?

>get incurable type of cancer in the eu
>"flee" to the US for cure

This. Also we're unhealthy and there are too many actors to effectively lower costs and the government has no form of price controls.

You mean pharma?

fat asses

there's a million answers and I don't know enough about healthcare to decide, but I do know that all healthcare lobbyists need to hang before we can pass anything good.

theres no free market for health care...

It's still too much for every Country. Healthcare is a racket between the government and the medical industrial complex. If we had the free market working in this field we would actually have innovative technology (cures) and way lower prices.

>does Sup Forums know what they're talking about
What do you think?

>make medical care cheaper and humans healthier. How? get rid of niggers and spics
fucking Sup Forums

>% of gdp
Are you stupid?

No it's shit because if insurance companies (Jews) and irresponsible people (niggers)

Medicaid and interfering in prices. The government did the same thing to higher education. As soon as the subsidies started, prices just rocketed out of control. The demand is so high now for both education and healthcare that the institutions raised their prices to thin out the herd, but the government raised subsidies to match, so they raised prices again.... and on and on we go.

Dont forget the kikes too, they bring genetic garbage into the pool.

Trust me dude you don't want cures for all the sick degenerates

It is.

t.Canadian expat

The UK is billions in the red on their NHS, so those percentages are not accounting for what is really being spent.

Because of nonwhites. Anyone who's ever worked in healthcare knows exactly what I'm fucking talking about.

For one, nonwhites are genetically predisposed to being unhealthier. They have higher rates of heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, most forms of cancer except skin, asthma/COPD, and plenty of other diseases too. So they have a baseline rate of more hospitalizations, require more healthcare, more drugs, etc etc etc.

But far more importantly than that is the fact that nonwhites don't bother taking care of themselves. Being predisposed towards certain diseases is one thing. But these people will refuse to get checkups or take their fucking meds (that taxpayers pay for so they can have them for free...) and whenever they have a boo-boo, they head over the the hospital's emergency department and burden the hospital with thousands of dollars in various costs that they obviously won't ever pay.

And that's also why our healthcare costs are higher on an individual basis. Because the hospitals need to charge everyone else a fuckton more to make up for all the niggers and beaners who suck up tons of healthcare and don't pay for it. And whether we have a private insurance system or a single payer universal healthcare system doesn't change this fact. One way or another, the rest of us are paying for them.

Partially because other countries control prices, the low prices in other countries forces drug companies to raise prices in the US to compensate.

Other reason is because of how much red tape exists in washington. Drugs don't get approved for use by the FDA for at least 3 years, and then those drugs are patented and cannot be replicated by other companies to compete with the developer for like 20 years.

tl;dr governments fucking with free markets makes things more expensive... who fucking knew?

Remember that anthrax medicine? It was a german patent the US simply used, without paying, because it "was necessary". However when South Africa wanted to make certain US patent AIDS medications affordable the US Government said "no you have to pay".

Because of fat people. Obesity leads to more health-related issues than anything. It's literally worse than smoking.

>Europeans don't invent shit, they just take the medicine at a much lower cost

What is Bayer? We invent shit tons of medicine.

The best cure is killing yourself. From the point of view of a system. It is what the body does to cure itself. The body shits out toxins and waste into the ground. It is like that but the toxins are simply leaving "this mortal coil" or whatever you want to call it.

What is there that is not genetic that needs such a bulky system of "curing" superflous consumers?

Healthcare should be about these things:
Disease control
Emergency care

>For one, nonwhites are genetically predisposed to being unhealthier. They have higher rates of heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, most forms of cancer except skin, asthma/COPD, and plenty of other diseases too. So they have a baseline rate of more hospitalizations, require more healthcare, more drugs, etc etc etc.

sauce? statistics? That is the dumbest shit I've ever read, are you saying only minorities are only obese? Just seems like a way to justify blatant racism.

Like, you would have no problem paying for a white whale's disability because they're too obese but you would for someone brown.

>Also niggers don't pay for ER and other things
This is a big one. We have laws that a hospital has to treat you. If you are an illegal alien and show up in labor, they have to be admitted.
This has to change. I broke my leg in a European country while on vacation, guess what, they would not admit me until I provided proof that I could pay and had to give my AMEX or I was going to be refused treatment. It cost me 8k Euros.

Wards don't pay for anything. Anyone who is a mentally competent adult pays for services, not "care".

We have a significantly larger population. I'm assuming those numbers are correlated with population size

because germans fucked over the nromine market with anti competitive practices

>We got cucked and that's not fair!

Nobody respects the commons you fucking chode.

Not sure where he got the info that nonwhites are genetically predisposed but they are definitely more obese cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

Because we use insurance instead of just paying for things ourselves so we have a for profit system without having any market pressure for lower prices coming from the consumer because who gives a fuck if the drug is $5 or $100 if your insurance pays?

Insurance could work if we had a system where the insurer could choose drugs with lower prices or hospitals with lower prices but people would revolt over that because they'd be convinced that they'd be getting cheated and because most of them don't understand that generic drugs are chemically identical to non generics. So you have people spending more on healthcare than they need to solely because of the assumption that if something is more expensive it must be better.

TLDR: Watch This....

youtube.com/watch?v=3WnS96NVlMI

don't take everything so literal, Hans

In a very slight way. The US is the only major market that doesn't control the prices of drugs. The ridiculous profit margins then go back to the company and after taking out the exec pay, shareholders distribution and so on, maybe some would go to r&d

>Schooling is more expensive in America. It's expensive to train a doctor to graduate to the standards required.

absolutely 100% also it takes years longer to train a physician. also, a big problem, is there is an artificial limitation on the amount of physicians that can be produced in the U.S. each year. it's based on the total number of residency slots available. you cannot become licensed to practice medicine without going through a residency program. If the position is not available, then your schooling is worthless. This a huge reason why schools have not rapidly increased the number of acceptances.

nigger what are you talking about?

medscape.com/features/slideshow/public/malpractice-report-2015#page=2

I'm in a medical school and we have a professor literally lambast us daily on the need to thoroughly document everything or face lawsuits.

Because you're a bunch of fatasses.

Transparency in hospital and procedure costs and a national market instead of state-by-state regulation would help significantly to lower costs.

Mostly because regulations are insane. The administrative burden on doctors, hospitals, and drug companies is out of control. Drug patents, FDA approval process, and doctors having monopoly on prescriptions all make drug costs skyrocket. Employee based health insurance divorces consumers from costs so prices can't function normally.

edgy and ruthless i like it
im sure you'd think the same thing if you were terminally ill

>% of GDP
Are you retarded?

Multiple reasons.
Malpractice insurance in the states is ridiculous. A GP will pay $150k annually and it only goes up from there.

Pill pushing. Believe it or not, many side effects of pills are real. It'll become a never ending cycle of prescribing one pill to mask the effects of another pill.

because the number of doctors is artificially restricted by law (residency program) at the behest of the doctors union.

any time you restrict the supply, prices skyrocket.

We need to get ten to twenty times more doctors in this country, any way we can get them.

This too. The artificial restriction of doctors is a huge reason. Artificial restriction of drugs and drug development also causes insanely high prices.

Free market. That's the reality of our supply and demand.

We're greatly undersupplied.

Is that a suprise to you? America has a habit of taking scientists or take an ideology and turn it into a shittier version instead making their own

Instead of*