Obamacare is here to stay

I'm honestly disgusted at how little knowledge people here have on the way the US government runs, specifically the congress.

Let me make it clear:
This was it. This was the chance to get rid of Obamacare (affordable care act).
No, they can't just "vote on another bill" because at this point a vote would require a 60 vote supermajority in the senate. Republicans don't have that and they're never going to get that. 2018 at best will net them 5 seats, which would be a colossal swing these days, an that would still only bring them up to 57 votes, and that's assuming all Republicans agree on a bill, which we now know they can't do, seeing as the house of representatives, where they have a fun king huge majority, couldn't even pass this bill to the senate.

TL;DR Obamacare is now here to stay. Yes, you will now be forced to buy health care or submit to a fine for the foreseeable future. Yes, your premiums will stay sky high. Repealing isn't happening. Replacing isn't happening. We lost.

The best we can do is move on, focus on the wall, immigration, Sanctuary cities, trade deals, other things we voted Trump on, because when it comes to health care, we came up short.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/445966/obamacare-repeal-filibuster-threat
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMBRACE_Healthcare_Reform_Plan
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So that's just it then? After fighting for repeal for, what has it been? 7 years? They're just giving up?

>So that's just it then? After fighting for repeal for, what has it been? 7 years? They're just giving up?
That's exactly what they're doing.
Ryan and Trump have both essentially admitted defeat. Socialized health care is a permanent part of America now.

you don't even have close to socialized health care. grow up.

That's the problem, leaf. It's a disaster mishmash that isn't close enough to free or socialized.

It's bad politics to do nothing.

Yes, they can milk Obamacare hate for a win in 2018 midterms but that's it.

They can pass laws to make it implode sooner.

They really need the scalp or they're gonna get BTFO.

Obamacare repeal is going to show up again during the budget.

The Freedom Caucus may now try to force a government shutdown and hold the country hostage until Obamacare is repealed.

I love how Sup Forums is mostly avoiding it like it's not a big deal.
This is one of the only threads on the subject I've seen in the last 24 hours.
This was THE biggest issue for Republicans since Obama got elected. This is what got them elected to the house majority in 2010, the senate majority in 2014, and the white house in 2016. If Republicans honestly think they can just sweep this under the rug and expect to stay in power, they're sorely mistaken. People put their trust in them with their vote.

Medicaid and Medicare has always been around.

Compulsory private health insurance is what Obamacare is, not the Medicaid expansion.

Not repealing Obamacare is going to destroy the GOP. They have to do it and they probably have to do it before late 2018, if they don't want to milk it and before 2020 if they want to milk it.

Don't the majority of Americans approve of Obamacare?

Well half the country approves of it by default simply because the country is so divided that even if dems brought up a bill that required people to shit in buckets for (inset environmental excuse), dems would support it.

This isn't a disaster for Trump. This is a disaster for the GOP as a whole.

How could Ryan fumble this shit so bad? Does Ryan have any power in the GOP?

It shows so much motherfucking weakness in the GOP. Makes Ryan look limp dicked.

It's a huge unmitigated fuck up of epic proportions.

they don't.

Obamacare was cyanide pill that Obama fed to his party.

No, Obamacare was a political disaster for dems.

Obamacare = Iraq War + Recession + bailout

It took 2 wars, a recession, financial collapse, and a bailout of the banking system for the GOP to kill itself.

But it only took Obamacare for the Democrats to commit suicide. That's how bad Obamacare is.

Yeah, libertarians have to be the dumbest of all.

They didn't get exactly what they want, so they shot themselves in the foot.

The only thing that will now happen is Trump working together with the democrats.

Obamacare is so bad that the Democrats should have just forced single payer or expanded the shit out of Medicaid and jacked up taxes.

The outcome would have probably been less severe for them politically.

why were they able to vote on it in the first place if there's still the same number of repubs?

I like how it is sad for you mongoloids to join the first world, hah

They want power and the Tea Party is rising up from the grave again.

They want the whole enchilada... large scale entitlement reform.

They're greedy and are forcing moderates like Ryan into a bad spot.

Rand was dancing around like he won.

WE'RE GONNA WIN WIN WIN

YOU'RE GONNA GET TIRED OF WINNING

This is also bad for Trump because he ran on not touching Medicare and Social Security.

Libertarians may try to force Trump into making cuts on social programs he said he wouldn't touch.

I completely disagree with you.

Ryan is not in the wrong here. He was 100% spot on. He understood that the perfect Bill that undoes everything would require a 60 vote majority. He compromised and made a repeal bill that only needed 51, but that just wasn't good enough apparently. What a joke.

I blame Trump. Before Trump, the consensus approach for literally 6 years was to just remove the Damn thing. Just repeal it and move on. But then Trump comes along and starts promising repeal AND REPLACE. He promised people the ACA would be gone and replaced with something that removes all the government protocols but also somehow not only keep the current people that depend on it insured but insure EVEN MORE. Trump does this with almost everything. He makes blind promises when he really has no idea what he's talking about. But because he made these rediculous claims, people said "well hey that's a great idea" so he won the election and put the GOP in a tight spot where they have to now bow to his will and pass a magical repeal and replace bill when ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS STICK TO THEIR ORIGINAL PLAN.

This is on Trump. Plain and simple.

what did libertarians want back in the day?

- privatized social security

You smell that?

That's the smell of libertarians wanting entitlement reform.

The republicans fucked themselves when they ran on "repeal and replace", when it should have just been REPEAL.

The Republicans were always running in just repeal.

It wasn't until Trump came along and promised repeal and replace. And because he won they had to play ball with him.

Any person that knows anything about health care knows the replacing was not possible. Trump just said "believe me I know we're gonna win"!
Yeah? This doesn't look like a win to me.

the bill was half-assed. Why did they give up on it so fast?

Trump was being a team player and backed Ryan's bill.

He fucked up and couldn't deliver.

Ryancare was probably a concession to Priebus and Ryan.

"Okay guys, I'll back you on this for a short period of time. I'll be a team player."

Ryan goes out and pitches this bill. He realizes he doesn't have any power or gravitas.

Bill is pulled.

This was Ryan's plan to crack the whip and grab people by the balls. He failed.

There will never be enough votes to get a libertarian health care.

Now Trump will work on a European system together with the democrats.

>This was it

And here you sit, mocking people for not knowing how our government works.

Ryan lost his chance to show power. This showed he doesn't have much power or control over other legislators.

Ryan sucks as a leader.

Trump tried to win. Libertarianism does not win you a general election.

OP is a lying dirtbag

A better Bill is around the corner... listen to Rand Paul...

This bill was just bad ... its better not to pass a bad bill and wait till the right bill can be agreed on...

not everyone will be happy ... the scrooge types for instance... some form of expanded medicaid will have to pass becasue Trump said he wants a safety net for poor people .. he doesn't want anyone to be shut out.

This is going to be a cost born by others but restructuring the way insurance can be obtained will bring the overall costs down substantially.

This is not a failure but a success of the representative system we have.

Wrong.
If they had just pushed a repeal bill, it would have passed. Easily actually.

Trump ran on repeal and replace. He made promises throughout the campaign that there would be a replacement system. Ryan was forced to play ball with this and the bill failed.
It's Trump's fault.

Why did they need only 51 before but 60 now?

>I blame trump
stopped reading there
trump did nothing but shill for his party, if he drafted the bill himself he would win
Ryan is an idiot who doesnt know what his party wants.

which will be a disaster if it involves tax hikes.

Democrats won't work with him unless he doles out amnesty, opens borders to Muslims, and does a bunch of shit that benefits them.

Working with Democrats would be terrible for Trump.

>Why did they need only 51 before but 60 now?
Jesus Christ why are you posting in this board if you don't even have a high school education in American civics?

This half-assed bullshit just proves that Trump and Ryan are controlled opposition. Socialized medicine for the benefit of nobody but certain insurance companies and central planners is now as American an institution as baseball, apple pie, and Chevrolet

>Please don't make fun of my meme man!!!
Your meme man blew it.
The entire problem with Obamacare is that it forced EVERYBODY ELSE to pay for the few that normally can't afford heath care. Trump promised to not drop those people. Literally any other Republican would understand this. But because Trump won, they have to somehow try to make this work and they ended up with a bill nobody liked.

>stopped reading there
So you're close minded then? You can't accept the fact that Trump much of the time has no idea what he's talking about? You're no different than blindly biased libtards.

>waaaaaaa

this was a win win win.

win 1. Paul Ryan exposed
win 2. Rinos exposed
win 3. Dems fully own skyrocketing costs of HC

>a better bill
Would require 70 votes.

This was the only chance, user.

You don't understand how political momentum works.

Too many people will depend on the system soon. The dems will then enact their endgame: full socialized healthcare. Everybody pays, everybody is covered.

Drumpf will never get the 80 votes needed to change healthcare in America.

Blumpf BTFO

How will Glompf ever recover?

Fucking this. Ryan has been a weak leader ever since he was essentially forced to take the position. Trump has now shown, without a shadow of a doubt, just how weak Ryan was. This bill is totally on Paul Ryan and the establishment GOP who had a whole 7 YEARS to draft a replacement. Trump knew this from the beginning and set it up so that Ryan would fail. With the disaster that was Ryan care, the republicans know that they could be in trouble of losing spots in 2018 so they will be more open to listening to other ideas. It's really not that complicated

>have GOP White House
>have GOP House
>have GOP Senate
>Donny blames Democrats for not supporting the bill, while at least 30 Republicans would vote against it

2018 should be fun

Who gives a shit about this healthcare bill. People voted for him so he would build a fucking wall. That's all anyone gives a shit about.

see:

Except how can dems launch a plan like that without any majority anywhere

What even IS Obamacare?

The government forces everyone to buy insurance from private companies?

That's literally taking the worst of both worlds from socialized medicine (government mandating what to do) and private medicine (playing free market with people's health)

they'll depend on $2,000/month health insurance?
they have to buy it to depend on it in the first place

A wall that we're going to pay for. SO MUCH WINNING

Another screwup with Ryan at the helm.

This whore has been around for years biding his time to run for president. He has no loyalty to the party, to the president, his constituents or even the principle of his office.

Just purge his fucking ass because he's hanging out to purge yours.

Another "oh gee sorry guys, I tried!" moment from Ryan, like the fucking Omnibus bill.

Fuck Ryan.

Eat shit Trumpkins, no way this ball passes esp considering 15% of lousiana and 10% of Arkansas, along with 17% of ohio adults are enrolled under the medicaid expansion and getting free health care.
Pic related, Obama did a great job making people ok with taking a subsidy. There is no third way except abandoning the freedom caucus and pushing a gogantic medicaid expansion.

I'm fine with the US paying, we give away billions to far more retarded shit every year.

>No, they can't just "vote on another bill" because at this point a vote would require a 60 vote supermajority in the senate.
What?

Drumph's rural and suburban retards will get medical care they badly need!
City people BTFO!

Yep exactly. Cronie capitalism, an Obama special.

> 30 votes shy
Supposedly they couldnt break 180 so they were actually nearly 59 votes shy with a solid 24 seat majority.

what happens if gov stop sending money into it?

What the fuck is more worthless than a fence that they can climb or tunnel under? Why not put those billions to directly stimulate the border patrol directly instead for better technology and man power?

MY FUCKING TAX DOLLARS ARE GETTING MEMED

Tea party (ironically) also were against cuts to Medicare and Social Security.

They weren't exactly von Mises scholars.

So, Obamacare crashes and burns. Then what?
What exactly happens after?

Obama care was passed under reconciliation and you can try the same thing on repeal but you will need 60 votes once the window for using the reconciliation process has passed, which it now has.
It was do or die and considering tno ome wants to touch entitlements in an election year best case scenario is maybe pass something in 2019 but at that point so many people will be used to the entitlement it wont have a shot in hell of passing

No, Obamacare is the number one cause of Democratic irrelevance at both the federal and state level. It turbo charged the already extremely active Tea Party.

Now, after Trump was elected there was an outpouring of "grass roots support" for Obamacare, that is leftist groups harassing senators and being covered nonstop by CNN. While we won't know for sure until 2018, it's almost certain that this movement is not organic, and won't lead to electoral gains remotely approaching what the Tea Party achieved.

It did, however, cause Paul Ryan to put out a shitty bill and back down, because he's a spineless cuck who cares more about getting good boy points from CNN than what his base actually wants.

no, you don't understand. Do you know who the Senate President is? Mike Pence. Do you know who makes Senate rules? The Senate. McConnell and Ryan are exposed. Dems own skyrocketing premiums. Do you know who ACTUALLY DECIDES elections? The people who PAY taxes. The people who PAY for insurance. Not the monkeys and the babymamas and the felons.

That this is not as permanent an obstacle. A border wall, as long as it is maintained, will provide an obstacle that will exist from one decade to the next, whether it's perfect or not, it's a semi-permanent obstacle.

It wont crash and burn. They will bail it out and let thoe freedom caucus nuts go hang.
In red states that took the expansion money you have 10-17% of all afults just basically free health care and something like 35% of kids getting medicaid.
Those numbers will rise and voter pressure will force them to just write a check or lose their jobs.

>60
>finis

wrong.

If he offers them a european health care system, I bet they would be working with him.

The republicans wouldn't be willing to go after cronyism in health care anyway.

Ryan blocked reimporting of drugs for example.

Those numbers will fall because young people won't EVER buy health insurance you moron.

>SLIDE THREAD!
>SHILLS!
>REPORTED!
>SAGED!

seriously no content, just concern trolling, why are you fucks dumb enough to keep this thread uup and running??? jesus fuck. Stop replying to this shit. OP HAS ONE POST IN THREAD< FOR FUCKS FSAKE.

agian, SAGED

Nope, they can no longer use the process of reconciliation at this point and will need 60 votes and off the top of my head I can think of 6 senators who are firm No votes.

This country, and the whole west in fact, has literally been overthrown by communists. Ever since the Berlin wall fell and perhaps a bit earlier than that too. It was probably an old Soviet plan to eventually upend the west with all this marxist crap.

>A better Bill is around the corner..

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMBRACE_Healthcare_Reform_Plan

Huh? Thise numbers will go up as more people lose coverage or can afford it abd get medicaid. It covers up to 138% of the poverty line so those young people can just get medicaid.
Obama played you dumb fucks hard and is uding your own voters against you

I like lurking on Sup Forums because I'm a free thinker who prefers to bootstrap myself. I like the idea of hard work being your biggest asset, and that the government will not have to help that much. Maybe I was born with this privilege, but I really don't give a damn, because both of my parents busted their ass to provide me with all things good. And I'm not apologizing for that.

So, when ACA passed, we got screwed, while the poorer people basically got free shit. Right?

But everybody on the left thinks it's great because it helps the disadvantaged.

Sorry if I'm not making much sense, but I'm just asking for some kind of clarification or confirmation here.

The left robs and shrinks the middle class to build up a large pool of poor people to depend on keeping them elected. Basically only benefits the elite, they just give the dregs a stipend essentially creating an indentured electorate.

Whereas the right is self serving, e.g., corporations and elites as well, but at the expense of the bottom rungs, where they get even less of a stipend, but the hard workers and people who put in a consistent effort manage to eke out a comfortable living with a little extra walking around money, and if they're really good they can become an elite too.

Both sides of the aisle seem to serve the elites first, and serves them extensively, but at least the masters on the right seem to reward an individual for more than just existing...

Am I wrong in this analysis? It seems true going by the changes in our Healthcare system in the last decade. I don't know why anybody who has the slightest bit of agency would prefer the left to the right...

Can anybody answer me if I'm on the right track to getting a deeper understanding of the system?

I voted trump btw, gun rights even if he's held a different stance in the past, he knows he can't touch the 2nd amendment if he wants to maintain support.

Both parties agree ACA needs help. The Republicans are the only ones in a position to govern on it. Republican need to do their job.

Its like a dog chasing cars. The got what they wanted and didn't know what to do.

I am poor and will always be poor so I support whomever gives me benefits that better my life. Rich people vite for their interests all the time and at least with the dems I wont have to bust my ass in a dead end job.

In the time between now and then the American people suffer. High premiums and fines, low availability of care. The Republicans chose to do nothing they chose to hurt America for political reasons.

A working health care system always has to involve solidarity. That's not necessarily communist.

Are you a NEET then? I personally don't care what you do with your life, and if a comfortable existence is all you need more power to you, but I'm just curious.

Dreams? Wishes? Plans? What are you good at? Do you want to be a big cog or a little cog?

and replace it with what?

The republican part is really 3 different parties. Some are conservative, some are super conservative, and the freedom caucus is super duper fuck your tier conservative.

The far right is way too ideological and DO NOT COMPROMISE, and the only possible outcome is moderate republicans working with democrats to fix obamacare, which senators like Lindsay Graham have already stated will happen. And he's right, he's been in politics for ages and knows what will happen, and figured it out years ago likely. He even went on record to say he would let it collapse, then work with democrats to fix it, he just dont give a fuck. He knows things have to get worse to mobilize his party.

I am 35 and dont really have any ambitions or job skills. I wait tables sometimes or work a desk at a motel but ho estly I hate work so I am usually unemployed. I dont think I have ever had a full time job.
I just want to get by, smoke some weed and hang out.

this

I dislike 2D thinking on Sup Forums. Have to dig one step further. This isn't kikebook with dumbass ''see just the tree'' opinions.

Most of us HAVE been proven wrong before and the only reason you shills gloat and stick so much on the first tree you see is because you're THIRSTY for a win against Trump.

Whoever isn't a newfag knows this.

> HAHAHA LOOK OBAMACARE
> HAHAHA TRUMP BTFO LMAO
Board full of original thinkers lately.

>People are going to die because I couldn't fix their health care
>That'll be the perfect time to say "I told you so"
>Don't worry, we'll get the last work in the end.

Has there ever been a president this petty and irresponsible?
He's letting people die to satisfy his ego.
He's feeding his ego with the deaths of American citizens.
This should be criminal.

You are extremely blue pilled m8 Republican faggots and demoshits have always been against the people. The only reason anyone here have a shit about Trump is he was different and had a lot of ideas that align with prowhite ideals (the wall immigration reform). He also doesn't seem to be weak like all the rest as far as this bill it was all Republicans doing I don't know if Trump really had much input he let Paul Ryan take the lead and it failed Paul Ryan is a faggot and I wish he'd purge him from the party

So he's forcing the party to change by showing them their deficiencies? I mean...it's possible. It makes sense. Like when he won, and he said he wanted to protect gays, conservatives clapped. It was huge, right?

I mean...I enjoy smoking the ganja, so that's fun, but still...it seems dead end...because it is. But, I'm only 24, maybe my youthful optimism will die. Maybe we're just different.

And Hillary wanting to restrict the means for people to defend themselves because they could harm people even if they are nice people isn't ego about morality or some shit? Fuck off.

>set it up so that Ryan would fail.

YEAH GUYS, TRUMP HAS AN AMAZING HEALTHCARE PLAN READY TO GO JUST AFTER THIS COMMERCIAL BREAK!

OH WAIT FUCK MY FACE, THEY PUBLICLY GAVE UP TODAY.

That wall is no more an obstacle than the fucking wind. Rivers provide more of an obstacle. I work with border patrol in South Texas with the military working dogs and its pretty fucking unanimous that this money is being wasted by people in Washington that don't know dick about what they're talking about.

I'm not sure what fantasy land you fucking live in but no one is going to fucking die. Prior to Obamacare people would just go to the ER or go get Medicare or Medicaid. Also let me explain something else many of these states do not offer "free" health care like in my state. I have no income but I still can't get any kind of free care at all. I went through the healthcare market and I can't get SHIT they were charging me roughly $100 a month but I can't afford that with no money. It directed me to the state well my state doesn't offer shit so Obama Care isn't helping anyone. The only place it is helping is the states that already had extensive Medicare and Medicaid.

So no idea what you fuckers are aaying

Republicans have spent 8 years being ass cunts and disrupting congress
For 8 years Republicans only goal was to prevent Obama from getting work done.
For 8 year's they haven't had to work to get anything done. They have forgotten how to get shit done. They only know how to troll, fight and squabble, and slow congress down.

Republicans only know how to destroy, not create. They're blaming democrats because they know democrats are the only ones who know how to get shit done, and they're refusing to help.

I agree with you on what the other user said in regards to people dying. No they won't die, but they'll still go to the hospital when they get hurt and still rack up those fucking bills that I have to pay for with my tax dollars instead of letting their shitty insurance take care of it.

What are you talking about exactly? What work did he want to get done? Blame both parties you stupid fuck. Republicans and demoshits are just as bad if anything Republicans slightly less but still they are still dog shit that's why we wanted ROn Paul or Trump who wasn't apart of the fucking system. Trump has to take stronger control over the party or nothing is going to get done. He has to purge fuck head Ryan somehow. Id imagine it's not easy and takes time but it's better then what we've had for many years now

Yea you are still young once reality hits you will realize all that hard work and pulling yourself up shit is just a lie.

If Trump worked with the democrats to do singlepayer just to stick it to Republicans and the Freedom Caucus and then strongarms some moderates into going along with it I will buy a MAGA hat.

>So he's forcing the party to change by showing them their deficiencies? I mean...it's possible. It makes sense. Like when he won, and he said he wanted to protect gays, conservatives clapped. It was huge, right?

Could be. Thing is, I don't pretend to know FOR SURE like some anons with low self-esteem issues due to being crushed one time too many.
I come to Sup Forums for an open mind but that's not easy lately.

Another idea could be that a parallel system will be implemented that's put against Obamacare instead of flat out replacing it. By clearly showing it's benefits, people switch to that instead of ''forcing'' a replace that makes the endless amount of dummies out there refuse to acknowledge the difference or turtle down in stubborn defense of Obama's legacy.

It's not easy to change healthcare for a gigantic country.

Or, like previous user said, more and more GOP people are exposed for the losers/plants they are. Trump dislikes losers. Ironically, even shills dislike losers; they hate the fact they lost.

I have a problem with you saying you'll rack up shit when you won't unless of course you are talking about illegals or Medicare or whatever. I literally have a 8k debt to healthcare providers because I ended up in the ER . So I know exactly how all of this garbage works

Well I thought I did agree that the elites of the parties didn't really care about the people. It's just that each side has a different way to serve them.

So trump comes in, is different, like you said, and the GOP either splinters more out of pettiness, or comes together and solidifies their positions onto a platform that ensures them the most success via the populist rhetoric of trump.

You see it in any business. An exec who micromanages and is an essential part of the decision making process slows things down. You need a team of competent lieutenants to execute various facets of the job and keep everything moving smoothly and decisively on schedule. Sure, Ryan tripped up. Trump gave him a chance to show ownership and investment in the party and he blew it. Somebody else will see the opportunity to make a claim for themselves. For the people. At least for a little while.

>Socialized health care

... I shouldn't be surprised that practically no one knows what socialism is. But, I still find it very sad and somewhat annoying.