When did you realize that ignorance truly is bliss? Think about the average normie:

When did you realize that ignorance truly is bliss? Think about the average normie:
>no interest in politics
>no doubt in his religious beliefs or lack thereof
>whole life is good goy consumer shit like partying, consumption, sex and a family
>always fat and happy

Is knowledge worth it if you're always unhappy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tk0PNH2_GT4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.

Smoke weed everyday.

when i stopped being able to go outside and not feel hatred boiling in my gut (i live in washington state)

You talk like a faggot and your shits all retarded.

Knowledge is the burden we must carry because no one else will do it for us.

>Is knowledge worth it
always

I was objectively happier before I started visiting here, and even then I was pretty redpilled

It's funny to me how recently people have been having "mental breakdowns" because the system doesn't pander to every single one of their desires. These people consume popular media that paints a reality for them to believe in and feel comfortable with. Every single powerful institution and system that exists pushes most agendas of progressive politics yet it's just not enough. All of their beliefs are manufactured for them and shared by their friends.

Along comes someone who doesn't agree with everything they say and it's an utter disaster for them. Their world crumbles when the black on BuzzFeed tells them that another violent, criminal blacks get shot by police and the policeman wasn't lynched for it.

These people consistently make the argument from a moral highground about how offended they are, about how they're emotionally hurt by opponents and there's an increasing trend of the left pointing out how many mean messages they get online. The Wikipedia page of the Canadian m-103 motion mentions how the proposer received 'many vicious, cruel and hateful'. Imagine if Trump were to resort to this kind of bullshit. These people can't comprehend that receiving mean messages isnt exclusive to colored progressives.

I've been in the psych ward multiple times done a lot of crazy shit without any psych being able to specifically diagnose any serious mental illness. I believe it's from my philosophy and my views on life. I'd love for these people to just spend a day with my thoughts.

>"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow."
- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (KJV)

Pleasure isn't the highest good. Otherwise we'd be liberals.

I think I was happier before learning how corrupt the world is but if I could go back I don't think I would.

Happiness is an emotional ruse. It means nothing to be happy because people are not always going to feel the emotion of happiness. Happiness is based on external influences. No one is always happy all the time, therefore; it is meaningless to seek happiness.

Contentment on the other hand is what one should strive for. Contentment despite circumstances. One can not have contentment without knowledge. Knowledge leads to wisdom and having wisdom gives one the ability to interpret the circumstances of life properly. I am content knowing what I know. Also, should I choose to fight the current attempts to undo Western Civilization, knowledge gives me the ability to do so.

People are not always happy, nor are they always unhappy; because they cannot always control their circumstances. They can always seek to be content with who and where they are in life despite circumstances.

The moment I got into politics.

At an early age, but I carried on anyway

I work with some of the normiest fucking normies imaginable and, i'm not the happiest person, but my co-workers are all fucking miserable compared to me.

They are all doped up on either adderall, ambien, or some other prescription pill. Literally all of them are basically alcoholics without knowing it. They all have massive relationship crisis in their lives (which I never stop hearing about for some reason).

Meanwhile, I may be pessimistic and introverted, but I generally feel content. The world is a fucked up place, but I know it, and I know my place in it, and I can go to bed every night being certain that i'm living life the way I choose.

Normies are miserable despite their ignorance because of how totally fucked modern society is, they just don't have the knowledge to realize it. I think deep down inside they know that something is very, very wrong with this world, and they drown out that feeling with drugs, alcohol, and cheap sex, while constantly lying to themselves about who they really are in order to make it through the day to day.

It's sad really.

>"The unexamined life is not worth living."
- Socrates

Why bother living a life like everyone else. Is it worth the struggle?

Normalfag, not normie.

>always fat and happy
This is your mistake. They are not happy, as evidenced by record numbers of anti-depressants being prescribed.
Who would have ever had the foresight to realize that mindless consumerism leads to an empty life with nothing to be happy about?

Not really, they're all in panic because you elected literally hitler, and their little hearts are bleeding about the environment etc. I'd argue they hate themselves and feel way more guilty about everything. Being a cuck is the result of being soft and unhappy and dumb.

After i became red pilled and unknowingly revealed my power level in general social circumstances. End up looking like a nutcase and set myself up to be a pariah.

I won't lie, sometimes I envy those who get on welfare and spend all day screwing, smoking weed, playing video games and having sex while I'm working my ass off to pay off debt and keep my 1 bedroom apartment.

What struggle?

Why even bother redpilling yourself if you're just going to be alone and miserable?

Cypher was the redpilled one; he realized that the world is too shitty to fight for. If everything is meaningless then why bother?

I'm red pilled and happy. The two are not related. What tends to happen is a depressed person discovers something and blames that something as one of the hidden reasons why. This is why it is a common theme amongst the red pilled.

There's nothing wrong with chemical imbalances in the brain, but it isn't caused by knowing the despair code.

anxiety & anger started to fester, for me.

I sometimes do the same thing but dont get pariah'd cuz im good looking

all this privilege

One day that normie is gonna stroll past a group of wokes snickering at him and that normie is gonna wonder why and he's gonna find out that they laugh at him because he is so naive, then he tries to figure out what he's naive about then he's redpilled. no point delaying the inevitable.

keep dreamin'

>pic related
And they're not happy. If they were happy they wouldn't need those distractions (excluding family).

>inb4 addictive behaviors and drug use aren't distractions
In the words of House
>Is that why you do drugs, because you're happy?

ignorance only temporarily is bliss. enough ignorance and it will bring the world into chaos and destruction.

As we almost had it if hillary got elected

Sup Forums's views on Jews are the genuine ignorance and skapegoaiting and witch hunt

This.

whats it mean

>t. Schlomoski

Watts was based, but his degeneracy ended up killing him.

What did you do to get landed in a psych ward user?

Choose the red pill and make it into the blue pill

Degenerates aren't happy, user. You're wrong.

There are 2 people in a row boat just gently going down the stream

they are facing each other

Would you rather be the guy facing behind you, loving the view

or the one who can see in front, and sees the water fall coming up

Ignorance is bliss only goes for things like 'there will be paradise when you die'.

When ignorance is applied to every day reality it means that the facts can catch you off guard.

For example, ignorance about being a chain smoker and what it does to you is only bliss until you notice the actual effects after some years.

Reality by its very nature will always confront you with itself. The difference is in being prepared for that or not.

I do enjoy the irony in a Zen Buddhist dying of alcoholism.

If you don't think life is suffering regardless of your situation then I don't know what to say.

If going down the waterfall can be prevented: The guy facing the waterfall.

If it can not be prevented: The guy loving the view.

You people have a serious lack of cumbia with your redpills.

Non chemical happiness.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tk0PNH2_GT4

You are talking like a woman OP. Happiness is degenerate. Im not even memeing. Happiness is a ruse, a windmill to tilt, a sisphyean rock.

Life is suffering, those who willingly take up the mantle of knowledge that eats you inside can also turn that into a fire that propels you to action.

Few "great men" were a good goy sensation seeker.

Some people are always going to have the splinter in their mind that drives them to the red pill. The red pill isn't really a choice; it just has he illusion of choice. Once you're taken it you can never be put back into blissful ignorance.

I'd rather see what's coming, no matter what.

Is it better to be a depressed Socrates or a happy pig?

what

>when you realize blue pill is the final red pill

partying, consumption, sex and family are actually great ointments for the unhappiness. only if you find a good woman though. that's the real trick.

>Is knowledge worth it if you're always unhappy?

for me yes, I cannot live in a world of bullshit where i have no idea what is going on, i dislike ignorant people as well

Would you like to hear your date of death and the way you go in advance right now if you could?

I see, that's an Idiocracy quote isn't it?

"Hey, me and a couple of the guys were wonderin' if we could go family style on her."

This is me

>Cypher was the redpilled one; he realized that the world is too shitty to fight for.
Then why not become Ann Hiro instead? You'd get to the end lot faster. He betrayed his brethren and tried to drag everyone down with him, not unlike the Columbine kids did.
>If everything is meaningless then why bother?
What is this, thinly-veiled solipsism? Just because you don't give a fuck doesn't mean no-one does.

>stage 1: being a good goy, content and ignorant
>stage 2: being awakened to all the bad shit in the world and being uncomfortable
>stage 3: being awakened to all the bad shit in the world and masochistically seeking out more because you've come to enjoy it
>stage 4: being awakened to all the bad shit in the world and masochistically enjoying it, but trying to find the right balance to live a happy life being neutral to conflict

>addicted to anti depressants
>happy
Wierd

CRAAAAWLING IN MY SKIN: the thread

Sorry to interrupt your gangbang of whining. If you think "da sheeple" of the world are just rainbows and butterfarts you need to get to out more. I'm not even sure where you are getting this from within your caves given the unhappiness expressed explicitly through every form of media. Maybe it's from some advanced anime shit. You guys know better your just choosing to suck yourself off on a soapbox.
Not politics. Take this embarrassing faggy edgy shit anywhere but here.

This guy gets it.

When I found out about Hurricane Katrina 2 months after the levee broke.

i wouldn't mind but i think knowing that info in particular would kinda spoil the surprise

What if I told you we were the normies? Is it normal to switch genders? Is it normal to want people to see your asshole and tits all around the world? Is it normal to have gay orgies at schools and not be judged? We were the normies all along

That's a hypothetical that makes absolutely no logical sense, but of course not, with the exception that I'd die in a SHTF event.

Because he cared about people. He knew that the real world was utterly destroyed. Imagine what happened after the Matrix ended:

There was literally nothing left above ground for humans. Nothing. It would have taken generations to get going.

Then imagine all those batteries were freed. I doubt the humans in Zion would have been "Oh just do it a little bit".

They'd be chimping out about freeing all the humans. Then you'd have billions of people waking up to a world with barely any food supply, barely any infrastructure, and they'd most likely go insane.

>Is knowledge worth it if you're always unhappy?

Yes. Happiness is an idea and like most other ideas, it's not extremely relevant to reality.

You can either arm yourself with knowledge and fight the good fight, simulate a ''good life'' so you have functional offspring who can continue your fight armed with your insights and resources (hopefully giving them a leg up), or you can just lose by default by not ever really participating in the ever raging battle that is life.

It's really up to you, no one gives a shit either way to be honest. If you're content with you and your family being someone else's plaything for the rest of human existence, then go ahead and be ''happy''. Just know you're losing.

It doesn't matter, if you try and prevent it you are a racist

>ignorance doesn't save you from harm and punishment
being ignorant and blissful doesn't protect you from outside dangers infact i'd say that you will be more likely to run into harm, because you don't recognise it as such
being bluepilled will just make you more likely to be raped and robbed in some bad part of town; instead of being "redpilled" aka a little bit paranoid; which might not be for your mental and social health, but atleast you're overly prepared for outside danger

Yes, you can move past the depressive Sup Forums view on things. There are more levels after Sup Forums rhetoric.

>literally the blue pill man pic related

You're building this on the false premise that
>1) people cannot be plugged back into the Matrix
>2) people would be unplugged en masse (sidestepping what Morpheus said in the first one, that after a certain age the mind can't handle it)
>3) the machines wouldn't terraform the fuck out of Earth while people lived in the Matrix
>4) now that people know Matrix ain't real, the machines could expand the inhabited universe and get more power output
Instead Cypher decided to say fuck it and burn the house down without giving the people the choice he was given. This is exactly the mentality of a spree killer psycho.

Obi-Wan Kenobi, the radio years.

Happines isn't what i want in my life.
I want to be independent.
And to be that you have to be smart and aware of now history and possible future.
And who knows if i ever get independent i might be happy.

Daily reminder
>Autism is the way.

smoke weed

>118236828
this...

I was called a right wing extremist before.. nowI'm tothe right ofthat...

nothing comes without a cost
this level of knowledge is pointless to have if you are not a member of the wealthy influential elite

if you're just an average joe, of course you will be miserable because you're powerless to alter your condition of being livestock for old money

Funny story, I originally joined Sup Forums for lulzy shitposting, but the longer I stayed, the longer I gazed into that pandoras box and saw the grim stark truths being spoken.

No, that's YOUR mistake. Most people today aren't depressed, they just think and say they're depressed because tumblr and their television set makes it seem all deep and profound and cool. They go to the doctor after breaking up with their boyfriend or girlfriend of six weeks and he overzealously prescribes them Zoloft or Paxil or whatever the fuck the pharmaceutical industry is pushing now. They feel a tinge of nervousness every now and then despite being perfectly functional in life and society--boom, anxiety disorder, here's your Xanax prescription. We have a culture where people are not encouraged to work through or around their problems, but to wallow in them; a culture where people are encouraged to have problems because they think it makes them interesting, three-dimensional--and that baby scratch marks on your wrists from when you were 16 constitute a tumultuous "life story"; a culture where insincerity and pseudoprofundity are paraded around as the exact opposite, and you can go on the internet to watch your favorite millionaire YouTube e-celebrity talking about gosh how *depressed* they are while making pouty eyes at the camera in a black-and-white video with feel-bad-for-me! indy music playing in the background. Something like 70% of people on SSRIs in America for depression aren't actually depressed. It's not an epidemic, it's a style.

Truth Alert.
Just watch the art students. They all look depressed on their pictures just to look kinda cool. It's a death cult. A world in which there is no more objective happiness. If your every desires are not met, you are depressed.

>|Full cycle pill.|

This. Everything is ultimately meaningless.