Fuck Sugar

How do we stop the sugary Jew Sup Forums? Sugar makes people obese, depressed, tired, and causes all kinds of preventable diseases and it fucks with medical costs. It's fucking ridiculous.

Banning sugar in baby food and making it illegal for kids under 18 to drink soda and energy drinks is where I'd start.

You're being too authoritarian,
nanny states are for Leftists

>Banning sugar in baby food
Government over-reach, or the state looking out for the people? I can see both arguments getting made over this, not sure who'd win.
What if we just put hefty taxes on companies that produce extra-sugary goods? They'd raise prices on those items or lower the levels of sugar, either way you reduce the tooth-destroyer.

We should follow UK's suite where they started taxing people on extra sugar they have in their homes with fines

It's worse than you think. American companies doesn't use that white sugar in your pic, but instead corn syrup which goes directly into your blood streams, whereas normal white sugar would be processed in your stomach

Somebody thought that corn syrup was a healthy alternative that just so happened to prop up the corn industry, so now that shit's in literally everything. I wish we could be rid of it, it's clearly killing us.

It keeps the next generation from becoming addicted. It's like calling the government a nanny state when it bans cocaine how you argue it.

Taxing it allows it. Babies have no prior exposure to sugar and are a clean state that won't go through the withdrawls. No need to fuck them up when they're in some of the most important development stages of their life.

We did that in Mexico to cigarettes, it didn't work, they are expensive as hell with pictures of dead babies and black lungs on their covers and people still buy them without thinking it twice.

Fuck you, let me drink my soda.

All artificial sweeteners are worse than regular sugar afaik. The body doesn't process it the same way and builds up fat cells like a mother fucker. They can go too.

Are you a baby or underage? Adults can fuck themselves up if they want, it shouldn't be allowed for kids to ruin their development.

I meant overall, not just in the baby food case, but yeah I agree with you there that there's no reason whatsoever to dump sugar or HFCS in their food. That could be comfortably banned without too many nanny-state accusations, as who's gonna defend infant's right to be fed loads of sugar?

Was there at least a reduction in use, any change to the product itself to become more appealing/address concerns, or some added revenue for the state?

Its been two months since Ive had any soda pop. Also two months since my last drink of alcohol. I feel great. Only sugar I get is what is in natural fruit juice (oh and the bull shit hfcs that seems to be in everything not natural, but I try to eat as natural as reasonably possible).

>who's gonna defend infant's right to be fed loads of sugar?

Ive seen parents put coca cola in their toddlers bottles for them to drink. Fucking degenerates.

>to drink soda and energy drinks is where I'd start.

soda is ok. but do you have any idea about ingredients of a random energy drink? It's full of sugar and else.

Sugar tax on food producers, rather than consumers.

In the UK they want a sugar tax on food to be paid for by consumers, but it's a bit unfair when EVERYTHING contains sugar. Food producers get away with it because MUH PROFITS.

If we stop producers from packing out their dogshit food with mountains of sugar (and the same applies to salt here too) then we might get our tastebuds working normally again within a generation, and not ned to be off our fucking tits on super mega hyper sugar flavour all day long.

Ever see a mother justify it because she's *only* using diet-coke?
>tfw remembering the pounds upon pounds of sugar powder you ate as a kid when you got packs of pixie sticks or those giant 2-foot plastic ones

Yeah I used to get the two foot ones from the concession stand after baseball. No way I could eat that now without feeling like Ive given up on life.

Well according to the state, yes there was some reduction in use, but what I have seen is that people who used to smoke now just grunts a bit while buying them or just buys cheaper brands or individual cigarettes from small vendors, in fact now you will always find someone selling single cigarettes in events or places were alcohol is allowed, something that became profitable thanks to the taxes on the whole boxes.
Yes the state gets more money thanks to the taxes, an no the product was changed at all since according to the tobacco industry cigarettes are as good as they can get.

Kids metabolisms are off the charts though, especially combined with the fact that kids used to actually move, rather than cling to the iPad all day.

20 years ago when I was a young lad even fat kids were still fairly fit and active. These days fat kids can barely walk, and there's more sugar and filth in our food than ever.

That's child abuse in my book. Disgusting.

This is true, even with vidya in our youth it only ever was an option among a myriad of options for shit to do with your time as a kid. Mobile gaming peaked with the GBA and PSP, tablets were a mistake.

Interesting to learn about the single-cigg market emerging as a result down there, there's always a workaround somehow. It's good that the state has a bit more money so long as they actually spend it on you guys, but if there's to be any reduction in smoking overall it'd take generations if ever.

fucking statist shits I swear to god

You want people to be less fat? Have schools tell kids about how being fat is awful and exactly why. Also get rid of medical benefits for the obese

>gradual phase-out of HFCS
>create a movement lower the amount of sugar in certain foods, especially those for kids
>TEACH TOOTH BRUSHING FROM AN EARLY AGE, AND SOLIDIFY IT AS A HABIT - cavities are a bitch.
>completely forbidding "fruit drinks" with added sugar and replacing them with 100% fruit juices

Fuck off you leftist police state scum

cane sugar and corn syrup are nearly metabolytically equivilent. The former only tastes a little better. Also 100% fruit juice is barely better than fucking sugar water, except for high pulp OJ. Don't propose sweeping legislation about shit you know nothing about.

if people want to make bad choices I say let them, it's not harming anyone else more than they're being harmed

This is so hard to do, because sweetness is not represented equally on a gram-to-gram basis for all sugar products. You will be killing the industry.

nah man we just need to legalize all drugs and make a law requiring sugar to be in the cocaine aisle, eventually people will either start to get the idea or do so much fucking coke they have a heart attack and die

either way problem solves itself

>>TEACH TOOTH BRUSHING FROM AN EARLY AGE, AND SOLIDIFY IT AS A HABIT
this

>personal autonomy meme
Humans have a hard time dealing with superstimuli and this is only going to get worse as technology advances.

The only meme here is your colectivist faggotry suggesting that we are responsible for ensuring other people aren't fat, up to and including restricting what I personally can fucking buy at the store. Kill yourself, you statist cunt.

>Mexican government
>Spending revenue on Mexican people
What?

I like to hope sometimes, even though I shouldn't.