Why don't you have a bug out property yet?

Why don't you have a bug out property yet?

I'm not rich (& im not a doomsday prepper) but last summer I purchased 5 acres of land for about $11,000 after transaction fees.

>taxes are about $300 per year
>surrounded by wilderness
>always have a place to live if I go broke
>only took me 6 months to save up for it
>3 hours from me, in northern west Florida

In the case of a chimp out, Ill be a lot safer out there.

Why don't you have one, Sup Forums?

>5 acres
why bother?

>Backs up to a national forest on one side

>All I could afford

What the fuck do you expect, 100 acres?

Wtf doesn't bug out imply the world is going to shit? What use is private property of that happens?

i don't care what the state of society is i won't flee to some place that doesn't have plumbing and power

Just need a job m99 then I'll probably do something similar in France but in the meantime let me come and be a caretaker on your land and I'll live in a tent and be a gudboi making firewood and forest crafts and shit

>safe in Florida
> in case of a chimp out

Buying property is pointless unless you're there to defend it.
If you are there, you're not defending your home.
You can't be in two places at once.

But good job anyway. Now build a moat.

>thinking property rights will be respected in any real apocalyptic scenario

you're going to be gunning down hordes of niggers in the inner city to get access to food and medicine stores while OpFor shells wherever you sleep every night just like the rest of us, OP

you could go there anyways in case of a chimpout, no need to purchase it

The county this land is in is 95% white and the 5% of blacks live in one little area of projects

interesting

so its just land? so like youd go there with a tent? lol

i like the idea of owning land even without a house on it... will look into. thanks user.

Yeah but now if the chimp out never comes, I still get to own my own land for cheap.

Plus, I can set it up in case I ever need to go there

>Why don't you have one, Sup Forums?

I have three. One in Arkansas, one in west Texas and one in Southern Colorado.

If the nukes drop I'm going to west Texas because the fallout will be minimal. Plus no one will occupy because there's no point.

You're a big pussy

If you actually need to bug out, it might be unwise to stay at a property titled in your name.

>i'm not rich but i purchased something for $11,000 just in case i need it in the future

i don't mean to burst your bubble but if things get that bad, a document showing ownership of land will be meaningless to someone with more guns than you

Yeah.

If you're looking for land cheap, there's a loophole that worked for me:

Look for people selling large plots of hunting/agriculture land (60+ acres)

Email them and ask if they would be willing to sell a small portion of it to you (this is how you get good deals)

A lot of these sellers are hick ass crackers trying to make a quick buck, and a lot of times they use agencies who sell their land for them & just care about selling as quickly as possible

I have guns trust me haha

I m thinking of buying land in SA or NZ, but I would prefer to have land in Americas mid-west...

Respect, user.

I want to get to your level soon

Implying when shtf cops will come to remove armed trespassers off "your" property. Should have bought more guns instead..

American land is cheap but I don't know what the law is for internationals.

then why did you bother paying for land? in your scenario you could just go sit on some property and defend it as if it were your own.

3 hours travel will turn into 3 days if shit goes down

Already have a safe full of guns and ammo

Too busy still saving money and investing it, and don't feel like figuring out the rules around property like that just yet.

One day.

But that would imply they are intending to violate the NAP?

It's just a place you're allowed to set up shop while laws still mean something.

Smart bug outs though won't even be near roads though because chances are someone's going to get curious and see what you're up to.

Even erecting a fence could draw unneeded attention.

Because I plan on eventually making a cabin/barracks out here and stockpiling some supplies.

I couldn't do that unless I owned it.

Plus, there's a positive to having land in general, even without being a doomsday prepper.

Derp

You have to take two separate dirt roads to get here and the nearest store is about 10 minutes drive. It's definitely off the beaten path.

11,000 couldn't buy a parking spot in my province.