HEAVEN - Head Transplant Surgery

Let's take a break from the shitposting and eceleb trash and talk about something interesting:

>Sometime next year, if he can find a hospital that will take him, Canavero will oversee the decapitation of the healthy head of one man and its transplantation onto the surgically beheaded body of another. And he doesn’t plan to stop there. In an hour-long Skype conversation with National Post, the eccentric physician outlined his vision to make us immortal.
>Canavero is the creator of HEAVEN, the “head anastomosis venture” project.

>It’s considerably cheaper, and less tricky technically to freeze just a head, rather than an entire body. “And, in order to give them a new life, you have to give them a new body, and a new body means HEAVEN. There will be no other way.”

read more at news.nationalpost.com/features/head-transplant if you're interested

What repercussions will this have if it's successful Sup Forums? Should we even do this? Is it ethical? Are we going against God? Interesting that he calls the project "HEAVEN".

Freaky, I want a body of an 18 year old with a 10" dick.

Man was never meant to do this kind of thing. A lot of very intelligent intellectuals and scientists disregard morals as secondary to scientific achievement. He is one of these men, and he is delving into science we should not delve into.

>tfw this thread will 404 because it isn't about alt right e-celebs or an obvious BLACKED bait thread

I think that, while impressive, isn't necessarily immortality.

What about brain damage? What about Brain cancer? Can the procedure be done quick enough where someone who's body that has been damaged mortally can just get a new one? and where do the new bodies come from and who supplies them?

As impressive as this is, it is really sketchy. Just seems like a way the elites can get new bodies when their organs fail them, remember rockefeller just died.
this isn't even beginning on the ethics and morality of it.

It's not real it's just some ARG stunt Kojima is pulling for when he reveals the real MGS5.

This is a good JoJo reference

And starting on ethics, no one knows what it is like to truly die. Obviously some believe in religion and that's okay but what actually happens?

I personally think that out consciousness goes on in a way. Our physical bodies are weak, and they die, but our experiences, thoughts and feelings are different. I don't really know if we reincarnate or just sort of sit around for eternity, but I don't think we just disappear like atheists do and I don't really believe in heaven or hell either

Africa would love to have you.

Let's do it anyways, just to see what happens.

Parents will just end up using their children for spare parts

t. brainlet

Man should do everything and anything they can to benefit man.

>Let's take a break from the shitposting
No, this is another shitpost you dumb leaf.

maybe that what happened to Hillary Clinton. She got a head transplant but It not quite right

that guy sounds like a crazy real-life Frankenstein

Ummmmmmm, who's body is getting reused and what about his original head???

>thinking this will work
nah nigga. they cant even make normal surgery work

>What repercussions will this have if it's successful Sup Forums?
It won't be. But it might give us the insight to get it right after enough trying.
Once we get it, there will be tremendous resistance.
We could get round the massive ethical hurdles with respect to having to kill someone to keep the head going by growing a body, and starving the areas of the brain that develop self consciousness of oxygen as a fetus to kill them off, and preserving only the parts of the brain necessary for keeping the body running, but people will resist this powerfully because Muh' Frankenstein Science, Muh' Morals, Muh' Religion, but its a suffering free way of curing so much illness. Cloning the bodies would also deal with a swathe of rejection issues.

Immortality won't be achieved with it, as the brain itself degenerates, you wouldn't be able to keep a significant number of people alive after ~120 years anyway. If we have a breakthrough there, we have to deal with the fact that people are no longer dying, and the resulting stagnation of power structure and beliefs, but that's probably even further off than this being possible.

In short, it has great potential, but people will ruin it.

The soviets already proved you can do this shit in the 60s.

Get ready for a whole new world.

Exact response I would expect.point is, this isn't helping man. I'm not even religious.

good think old man rothschild died

or at least I hope the reports of his death were accurate

we need to be rid of these elites

>this isn't helping man
Sure it is.

how is this a shitpost you fucking flag roleplayer

it's a marketing hoax... christ, tinfoils are so gulliable

The best thing to do is to wait for CRISPR to become more available

Robutts.

If this experiment works, it'll serve as a proof of concept. The next step would be to design some kind of robot that you could graft a human head on to that would keep it alive in the same way a body would.

Either way, the average person would likely never be a candidate for this procedure.

I guess it depends on how much they can refine that recent anti-aging drug. If it can be made to target the brain effectively, the only organ that may matter anymore would be the brain if we could use mechanical bodies.

And then eventually we all have some kind of augmentations.

And then someone figures out how to hack those augmentations/actual androids.

And then everyone dies.

At what point is being susceptible to hacking as an android/augmented human an acceptable risk in an age where everyone has a mini pc in their pocket everywhere they go? (potentially within their bodies or being in the future)

Theoretically, everyone would live longer, but we would all have nukes or some kind of electronic weapon that may be able to distrupt, disable, or destroy other humans depending on how integrated this new technology is on each person.

Every social interaction would be held under the pretense that every person you ever meet could potentially have an app/program in their pocket or being that could end you and the people around you.

If it's unethical to kill a human, is it unethical to kill a being that is 90% machine and 10% human ?

Obviously, those who reject augmentation would be safe from hacks for the most part, but their android counterparts would be vastly superior in every other aspect almost to the point that one might consider trading their hacking immunity for the android-related benefits.

And lastly, if people become mostly machines, the field of medicine would likely shrink. Machines don't get sick or break bones.

Programmers and technicians might become the new doctors while the field of medicine turns into solely neurology.

>Transplanting a quadriplegic's head onto a clone of his body couldn't help anyone.
You're a special kind of retarded. This isn't something that can be weaponized, so it'll be either beneficial or useless. Neither of those outcomes are morally objectionable.

Now imagine George Soros living another 100 years.

They already get like 8 heart transplants while children on waiting lists die, not really a huge change of situation.
There's no shortage of organs farmed from Chinese prisoners, there won't be any shortage of bodies either.

Thank god he died before it was possible