Is buying American 100% worth it?

Is buying American 100% worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.lincoln.com/cars/mkz/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>lincoln

It's a reverse tragedy of the commons problem. Any one person that decides to buy American won't have enough purchasing leverage to positively impact the domestic economy.

Only when large entities or public policy adjusts to make wide-scale domestic commerce advantageous will benefits be gained.

Haha
>buying american cars
>american cars
>cars
Even calling them "cars" is an overstatement.

>German "cars"

That's the 2017 MKZ which packs 400hp and AWD into a car the size of an Accord my man.

>American 100%
are you a women or mentally ill

Is it me or is Lincoln actively shilling on Sup Forums?
I've seen this same image many times.

Isn;t that the new Continental?

No

It's a continental, MKZ has different styling

Toyota Camry SLE master race

Don't fall for the petrol Jew

No, because we make trash here.

American cars are better than German cars hands down.

You cannot refute this because everything we know about German cars could actually be a lie.

And by the way, the last series of lies from German car manufacturers were paid back by funding antifa so fuck off.

they are, plenty of companies come here to shill. Have you been on Sup Forums recently?

Looks like the MKZ to me:

m.lincoln.com/cars/mkz/

>Lincoln

Made in Canada or Mexico friend. All Ford vehicles are except the f-150 that's made in Michigan.

If you want to buy an American made vehicle Toyota is ironically your best bet. It may be a Japanese brand but their vehicles are more American manufactured than any other brand.

That's just funposting to trigger AMDfags.

>It's a reverse tragedy of the commons problem. Any one person that decides to buy American won't have enough purchasing leverage to positively impact the domestic economy.

That's just the regular variety of tragedy of the commons.

See

Only if you believe in supporting your own economy

>Inb4 not built in America

Once you learn and understand how it works it makes sense. When you buy American it's a long term investment in America, while the car may not have been manufactured here, the Home base and taxes therefore go back to American economy. Not only that but your parts you buy, a portion of those go back into the economy as patents are owned by parent companies and royalties are payed per parent patents. So yes, if you truly believe in supporting the American economy, buying a true American badged (not Nissan built in Texas) will benefit the economy and the future stability of the industry

Aren't all "German" cars sold in the US made in Mexico?

I doubt they ship them all across the Atlantic for no good reason.

much of it is legitimate shilling, much like the posters in this thread

>just bought a Volvo

I guess I just contributed to the fall of yurop

The new Focus is made in Michigan.

It's not. AMD is just that bad.

If you don't buy American Brands, the terrorists win...

By buying a European car?

> Windsor, ON
They are practically a suburb of Detroit.

There's a BMW plant in South Carolina

Swedish specifically.

(It was a very bad funding refugees joke)

Assembled here of foreign parts. The excess money generated is not funnel back into the American economy, the y keep just enough money in those plants to keep the doors open. The profits made still leave the economy.
>Built in America
>All profits leave America and devalue dollar
>Pick1

>the Home base and taxes therefore go back to American economy.

Most big "American" companies pay taxes in some tax haven.

For example Apple, Microsoft and Starbucks all pay taxes here in the Netherlands.....or rather don't because we charge them less than 0.1% or else they would just move somewhere else.

yes and it cannot be addressed enough

We aren't discussing them, we are talking Big3, I know GM and Ford are US based, with as much fuckery as Chrysler has been involved with lately I don't know exactly where they are based.

Buying American isn't worth it until affirmative action ends or the plants move to white areas. Nignogs don't give a shit about the quality of their work and their all that's left in Detroit after constant chimpouts.

how about tesla

I try. Jobs are jobs. Factory jobs are still the best option for low skill/no skill workers.

so you'd rather support them through welfare?

Are we talking american made (toyota/honda) or american brand (ford/gm/chrys)

Hiring nignogs IS welfare. Companies are forced to hire them, they "work" for three months and go back to unemployment when eligible again. If not for government assistance the entire race would have died out by now

>he doesn't know, at least, the ls1.

I bought american 3 times this month... Only glorious pollutant muscle cars thb.

Man will it be nice running over the politically correct, ecologically "oriented" shitboxes off the street.

It is surpsiingly hard to buy american. Almost nothing is made here anymore.

I figured that Honday would eventually start making mroe than just Godlwings in OH but they have not. I'd love to pick up an american made CBR, of even better, a 600cc V4.

if there's tons of german and jap shit in there, assembled in mexico, only american in name.

You should support your country.

German cars for some reason always smell like a box of crayons on the interior after a few years. My dad used to sell a lot of VWs and BMWs at a used car lot that ripped off Mexicans all the time. Every single one of those things smelled like that for some reason, including my first car which was a 97 Jetta. Good cars but fuck they are shit to work on and expensive.
I'd rather go with "American", whatever that is today. A lot of US brands are made in Canada or Mexico, which is disappointing but I guess it counts.

American cars are absolute shit tier though.

I only care about jobs. "American" corporations don't give a fuck about americans

Americans drive trucks. Cars are for lazy pussies

>Assembled here of foreign parts.
t. big 3 shill

Yes. My Toyota was made in America

>Aren't all "German" cars sold in the US made in Mexico?

No.

Lower end VWs for US market are Mexican built. Other VWs come from Germany.

Most Audis sold in the US come from Germany

Most BMWs sold in the US come from Germany, despite BMW having a US plant in Spartanburg. The Spartanburg plant builds specific lines of vehicles and are shipped worldwide. They actually build some models in Spartanburg that are NOT sold in the US...

Initially the Spartanburg plant was producing Z3s. When I was last there it was producing X5 and X6 SUVs.

Mercedes has one plant in the USA, but most of its production is in Germany.

Porsche production is in Germany.

tl;dr - a given factory knows how to produce just a few models of car, retooling a factory to produce a different model requires a partial plant shutdown and tens of millions of dollars in refit work and months of the impacted production lines being offline.

Every German car company builds at least some of their US bound products in north America, but also builds at least some of their US bound products in Germany.

no.
>muh 'murrican car made in Mexico with 99.9% Chinese made parts

By supporting companies that employ people of your country

>muh German engineering

user, are you BMW tech senpai?

the x3 x4 x5 and x6 are built in spartanburg and after the next upgrade it will be bmws biggest plant in the world. the 3 series are made in south Africa, Germany and China. there's a plant underway to build them in mexico as well. but I work at the center in which they arrive upon importation and we still get about 40k cars just for the southeast Region of the us. I'd say about 50% or less of those comes from germany.

I drove some american "cars". I have never been so afraid and uncomfortable driving. I was quite happy when I could touch the superior steering wheel of a nice and lasting japanese car with ingenious technology and ground-breaking design.
>pic related, thats a real car

Too small.

I think Lincoln shilling is a result of years of cadillac shilling on /o/. For years cadillac pushed boring garbage, and now that Lincoln has something interesting the resident GM shill has been working over time. Nice to see Lincoln shitposting on Caddy's level.

Kia/ hyundai also have a plant here in GA

>excess money is not funnel back into the American economy

Hilariously, for US auto manufacturers there is no excess money to funnel back into anything.. Quite the opposite, when they've gone so many years without any excess money that they can no longer keep their doors open, they convince their friends in politics to give them our taxes. Money that, when given a choice in the free market, we refused to give them in return for their shitty vehicles.

And by the way those of us who've seen any 'excess money' in the last few decades typically refer to them as 'profits'.

>buying anything except toyota

Yes.