Why are Russians treated so differently?

Apart from the obvious political reasons, It honestly feels like they are treated more like Iranians.

Sure they look like Europeans, the speak a European language, they're Christian but then it's a weird Eastern Orthodox one. Whenever we talk about "the west", Russia is not typically included despite sharing A LOT of similarities like architecture and ethnicity.

I'm so confused. Is it like how Koreans would not consider themselves Chinese even though some ancestry is very similar? But then no Koreans would not call themselves "Asian". Russia shares a lot of things with Europe but don't consider themselves "western" or "european"

Other urls found in this thread:

pravdareport.com/society/stories/22-06-2012/121456-russia_war-0/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Propaganda I suppose.

Russia has been the monster that would kill the western society since the end of the WWII, it's nothing easy to forget.

And we still live under Murican influence, so it's probably not gonna change.

It never shook off the image of being backward. Then the Cold War happened.

>they're Christian

This anomaly in western civilization can be traced back to the splitting of the Roman Empire. I do consider Russia part of western civilization because they use western science. They are kinda bizzaro though

>Whenever we talk about "the west", Russia is not typically included
That's because the West is literally defined by being the land of Catholicism post-schism

if you didn't already know this you have no business discussing it here, LURK MORE(in a library instead of on Sup Forums)

They're not europeans for fucks sake.

They're slavs.

>Russia has been the monster that would kill the western society since the end of the WWII
>since the end of the WWII
All of the major wars of modern Europe prior to WWII were also about the Russian problem in part if not in whole

>All of the major wars of modern Europe prior to WWII were also about the Russian problem in part if not in whole
American education.

>Why are Russians treated so differently?
but even Russians agree with it

Look how different 17. century Russia is from the 18. century one

They hate themselves. They even were forced to cut their beards to look like Westerners

So it's not like there's a gang up on poor Russia, because Russians buy that interpretation of their distinctiveness

I agree with the point you're trying to make I suppose, that Russia is western. It was formed by Byzantium, why shouldn't it be

>All of the major wars of modern Europe prior to WWII and after Russian unification under the Tsardom
had to narrow that down a bit

I'm better educated about your own history than you are. Pic related

Pretty much this. Russians believe we have a "special path", different from everyone else. When asked what this special path is, people usually say some bullshit about Orthodox Church, military domination, "Russian traditional values", etc. So nobody knows what the fuck is Russian special path or why there should be one, but no Russian can live with an idea that Russia is even remotely ordinary.

cause they don't want to be the part of western society. This is a mix of weird version of nationalism bolstered and used for internal affairs reasons by current russian government. Mongol invasion in medieval times left permanent burden on them. Destroying this shithole is the only way to solve the problem.

this

>Whenever we talk about "the west", Russia is not typically included

right, because there are 2 superpowers, one being "the west" and the other "the east"

All Navanly shills will die in their sleep if they don't post "The 1990's was good for Russia."

>I'm better educated about your own history than you are. Pic related
It's not even a history book, dumbass.

Your post and low quality of /pp/ threads confirms that the brain drain associated to economical crisis and skilled emmigration in Portugal is really happening.

It's true. WWI, Franco-Prussian War, all of the major(involving broad swathes of Europe) European wars going back to the Tsars were partly or wholly about the relationship of Russia to real Europe.

What are you talking about you dumb kiwi fruit Russia is always included.

Yet if you read it, you would understand Russia's history better. You are ignorant, a typical Slav.

I didn't quite mean this. "Special path" is used to justify whatever behaviour. It's just that Russians don't believe in the victim or perpetrator, in responsibility for what you do, Russians assume everybody is guilty on the same level, so you can do anything you want. It's similar to Protestant doctrine of this absolute corruption of men, where works don't matter

What I meant is that when Westerners point at Russia to say that they're worse, then Russians really agree with it wholeheartedly, and so you have people like Peter I or Peter 3rd, who either want to "modernize" Russia or openly hate it. And this is why Russians are so eager to please Westerners, to show off with wealth and to compete with Westerners, whatever the cost. Russians can have a mistreated and neglected lower population, but they must have rockets and a big military sector, like the West!

That Korean analogy sucks. They're Mongoloid and their ancestry isn't anywhere near Chinese.

>"special path"

IDK, but maybe THIS:
pravdareport.com/society/stories/22-06-2012/121456-russia_war-0/

Westerners are cucks desu
>Pole thinks he understands Russians
Kek
>Russians are so eager to please Westerners
Bahahaha. Kurwa.
Russians just want to be left the fuck alone.

>will die in their sleep
But it's a good thing.

>Russians just want to be left the fuck alone.
Yet Russia has a constant expansionist tendency, a perpetual attempt to push the borders further back. Sure, it's explained by geography, but that doesn't change the fact that Russians wanting to be left alone is a lie.

Russians want to be left alone this is why they imported Germans in 18. century...

I agree that there's some self preservation instinct among Russians and that they pay much attention to intelligence, military and know their political worth. But the point stays that they want to please western public opinion

What a arrogant cunt you are man. Talking down on a actual Russian claiming to know his history better than him cause you read a book. What a fat piece of shit

>Brazilian
Stop sucking up to the russians devious monkey.

>2017
>act like there's still some mysterious race on the border of Europe
>Japan has larger economy than Germany
>China five times surpasses France
>a 50% white country still can't figure out how to deal with supposedly different culture

In the English-speaking bubble one calls a place where 85% of Europeans live the Continent, Europe being just the UK. I don't even.

Read a book Spick

You're still not Western.

>DA BOK
i'm afraid of a man who read one book
>who's more likely to know Russian history better: a Russian or an American
>ignorant and typical Slav
strong arguments, burger :)

no threat near borders, no NATO, no sir

Seems to be a division from the Mongol Yoke and the Cold War, and rejecting values that are popular here like femlib and LGBTXYZC++. Contrast with Latin America, which isn't white (sorry Argentina) but definitely Western.

>it's a weird Eastern Orthodox one
What's so weird about it? It's older than Catholicism and was the religion of Roman empire.

Eurasian idea was conceived by commies. Tsarist Russia tried to be as close to Europe as possible.

Russia became pro white and pro nationalism after the fall of the soviet union and that's why the globalists are attacking them. the only people who attack them on Sup Forums are bluepilled morons

It's a reflection of inner Russian dualism. Peter the Great made Russia not lookin Iran, killing it soul in process. Russia splited apart on an every level since than, and a whole Russian culture and history is a mirror of this struggle. 19 century was kinda indigenous effort to restore Russia as conservative nutshell, but it's ended in Marxist explosion, the most western shit ever consumed buy Russian psyche. From know it seems so "Russian", because of Cold War, but for Russia than it was much alien than for any Western country. Lenin himself never belived it could happen in so archaic and pastoral country.

>Tsarist Russia tried to be as close to Europe as possible
By refusing to implement a parliamentarian reform? Should Americans appreciate the British Crown too?

To the Manifest destiny land, the US, this is a Europe they'd wanted nothing to do with and sworn to destroy in a religious fit.

They're in the same way have nothing to do with that Europe as modern Europeans.

Chaadayev dilemma again?

>Russia became pro white and pro nationalism
you got that wrong ameribro, its just a traditionalist society.

nationalism and pro-white isnt represented anywhere in the governement.

though you should remember that its mostly European, we have some asian and caucasus minorities, but the overwhelming population is white.

the reason for being attacked by the "progressives" is the fact that we wont propagate their values and consider a sovreign politics-position for our country.

>Russia shares a lot of things with Europe but don't consider themselves "western" or "european"
Of course russians are secretly european and "western". The problem is people are tired of being treated like untermensch/mongoloids/eternal gommies/etc. so they just gave up on being "european". No point in trying to get in a club if no one else wants you there. So now we have our own "special" way. And this is fine.

But the US grew organically out of Britain and our republican ideals came from Greece and Rome.

On the other hand, Russia had been ruled by Mongols for centuries before Peter the Great, so it wanted "catch up" with Western Europe in terms of literacy, clothing, etc.

>Just American education

>oh my yellow teeth lord i love you now
if you open any old French novel "America" there is a joke, a land of greedy shopkeepers

they look upon you no less than on Russia

They do it to themselves. Read Dugin's philosophy to understand the Russian political psyche.

I'm a Russian-American that was born in Russia and nobody knows I'm Russian unless I tell them

I don't have an accent and a fairly standard name (Alex)

People only treat Russians different because there was a major split in Europe for 70 years

Yes the French seem to think they're inherently superior to everyone else.

Do you think Russia will save Europe from Islam and degeneracy?

Russia's high potential combined with its current retarded political&economic status triggered Russophobia.

Russia's mission is simple

To bring balance to any side that grows too powerful, it's almost like a fail safe that has been placed on the world. Any empire that reaches power always turns its eye on the ultimate goal, Russia. However they always fail and it ends up with the fall out their empire.

Why do you think the British empire lasted so long? They avoided fighting Russia. Same with America.

German, French, Swedish, Ottoman, etc empire all collapsed after fighting Russia

So Russia's job is simple, wreck havoc and balance the world.

No. russophobia was triggered by kikes who want to get Trump impeached and to hide the legitimate reasons why Hillary lost.

It seems that Russia is ordained by god as the ensurer that Babylon will not return.

Because they're subhumans

looks like fun