Why is there such a double standard and stigma for being short which is out of your control but there is an acceptance...

Why is there such a double standard and stigma for being short which is out of your control but there is an acceptance to being fat which is something you can control

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signalling_theory
apa.org/monitor/julaug04/standing.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fat acceptance is primarily pushed by women. Who aren't judged as harshly for being short.

There isn't

Tall people do better because they're not weighed down by insecurities and inferiority complexes.

Just accept who you are and pursue your dreams bro.

Tall people honestly believe that

Short only is bad for men while being fat is bad for women so it's a big problem

Because your parents should have eaten more, being a short is a turn off, biologically, because it symbolizes long time malnutrition. No woman wants to be with someone who are incapable of prividing a decent amount of food. In African culture, however, being overweight is a sign of richness and is equivilant of being tall in western culture.

They don't necessarily do better once they graduate high school

try being ugly, it's 10000x times worse

>tfw 6'2, 7 inch dick, but beta face

WRONG.

In today's modern society where no one is malnourished being short comes down to your DNA

>Tall people honestly believe that

I'm not tall, I'm 5'10". It hasn't held me back because I just don't give a single shit.

because no one cares about men
and as a man you should not care for society either

IKTF. Had to settle for a gf that was in the same league as me instead of marrying Kylie Minogue.

5'10 is a height that most people won't really notice one way or another. It's average.

>It hasn't held me back because I just don't give a single shit.

Because you aren't short. What is with all these 5'9 to 5'11 guys acting like they are short and that through their sheer greatness they've managed to overcome some great obstacle?

Try being 5'3 to 5'5 and then you'll understand.

>IKTF
>a gf

There's no sympathy for men, that's why.
Reality is cruel and unforgiving, only women pretend otherwise.

Are you truly ugly? In my experience there aren't a lot of truly ugly people. There are a lot of people not making the most with what they have. You can find a look that works for you. For example, try getting a haircut and some fashionable glasses.

Were from fucking norway. Historically pretty damn malnourished

>Try being 5'3 to 5'5 and then you'll understand.

Well I'm also physically malnourished and have a girly frame, which is equivalent to being very short.

Again, it hasn't held me back because I've focused on my strengths and skills, and not where I fall short.

In short, I've made myself a valuable person.

Only one time has my height denied me an opportunity. And that is when I was turned down by a 6/10 drag queen. I later found out she enjoys nose candy.

My height has been nothing but a blessing. 5'4" and seriously not seeing an issue at all.

/thread

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signalling_theory
While what you said is true, these things take time to catch up with our instincts.

Give it 10,000 years of continued evolution and you'll totally find a gf

Just marry an uggo woman and redpill her.

I mean I'm not disfigured but I do have a babyface

Because women will do anything to avoid accountability for their actions

>which is equivalent to being very short.

No, it doesn't.

And I'm not trying to downplay what you've accomplished. For all I know you've worked your ass off and accomplished great things. But being 5'10 and being around 5'4 (below the average female height in America) are two different worlds

That's cool. Just keep yourself in good shape and find a look that works for you. Also, personality is going to go a long way.

I have two friends 5'4 and 5'5. One is a lawyer, one has a doctorate in physics and does very well for himself.

They were both born into wealthy families. That's the #1 indicator of success. Height is a meme.

>Is out of your control
Your ancestors could had controlled it but they chose to stick their dicks / spread their legs to manlets.
You are not innocent of the mistakes of your blood line that's a stupid meme.

Anecdotal evidence is also a meme.

Lol I'm tall and look down on manlets. It's hard to take them seriously. Saying you don't care is like saying seeing a dude with a fucked up face doesn't make you judge him. Admit it: you don't respect dumb looking people as much as you respect attractive people.

In all fairness I feel even more strongly about fat people.

Of course it's different, but it won't hold you back if you work hard.

You may even have to work harder, granted.

>No, it doesn't.

Being 5'10" at 120lbs is almost equivalent, in terms of the dirty looks and disgust I elicit in normies.

And it doesn't matter that I could fix my problem while you can't. The point is that these dirty looks and meanness due to my appearance have not significantly reduced my economic or romantic prospects.

A weak man is far more mistreated than a short man, in my opinion. I have it worse than you, actually.

>Lol I'm tall and look down on manlets. It's hard to take them seriously. Saying you don't care is like saying seeing a dude with a fucked up face doesn't make you judge him. Admit it: you don't respect dumb looking people as much as you respect attractive people.

You're a mean-spirited person, I'm not.

>but it won't hold you back if you work hard.

Of course not. I've never said otherwise

I'm a 4'11 Italian, height never really bothered me. Suppose it depends on what you let get to you.

I am 5'5, my girlfriend is at least 5'8.

So you are just as attracted to a 4/10 as you are to an 8/10? It has nothing to do with being mean or nice

>149 cm
Yeah sure and I have vestigial wings

>5'11"

People know that being short isn't something you can change so there isn't an acceptance movement for it. Being fat is something very within your control so you get a bunch of cunts trying to tell the world they have to accept them as lazy hutts.

Grow up. It's natural, not on purpose. I didn't make a conscious effort, I just noticed it one day.

Admit to me that your first instinct when seeing a dumb looking person is that you think they're dumb. If you can't you're only lying to yourself.

Also you're as tall as my girlfriend, so wtf do you think you know about it.

rude

6'4" here
gf is 5'10"

Hoping to build the master race

because women think being tall = healthy and strong when in fact being healthy or strong has little to do with height. being tall I can only think of two things that I like about it. easier to reach shit, easier to screw a chick from behind and that's about it......

Why would I waste my time fibbing about that? I'm also 90 pounds wet, it's just my genetics. Doesn't bother me though, perhaps because I live in the USA where violence isn't really a threat to my everyday life, so I don't have to fear larger predators. I generally just carry on, carry myself accordingly, and never felt poorly about it. Also the fuck is a cm

Mate looks don't matter if you are tall. Tons of girl go for "uglier" guys that have charisma ad a good body.

Literally same.

It makes me sad for short bros all over the world. Fat acceptance is shit but also appeals to my degenerate side, sorry lads

Manlet here (5'8"). I total 1700 @ 220. Lets see how useful your height is in the jungle

>itt
>manlets, dicklets, brainlets, weaklets and fatlets explain why they are superior or why the world sucks

Women are more willing to accept lies as truth if it makes them feel better about themselves or the world.

Because appearance fucking matters and height factors in. People judge you. They judge your physical looks, your height, your social skills. Humans are social creatures and that's just how it is.

For a male, taller height is seen as desirable. For females it's the opposite. If you're inverse on these you're going to get a negative reaction you fucking manlets.

>So you are just as attracted to a 4/10 as you are to an 8/10? It has nothing to do with being mean or nice

This is not judging, but merely preference. Two different things.

I doubt whether you have the IQ or depth of thought to discuss with me. Please do not reply again.

>Admit to me that your first instinct when seeing a dumb looking person is that you think they're dumb. If you can't you're only lying to yourself.

No, it isn't, because I'm a decent fellow, unlike you.

"Dumb looking" is actually meaningless to me, as appearance and intelligence cannot be proved to be linked.

Again, I think you have too low an IQ to discuss with me.

At a fit 220 you're going to overcome my initial stereotype most likely.

Just like a dumb looking person would if I found out they were smart.

Idk why this hard for you all to understand.

We're not in the jungle.

Here you are judged way more if you are fat.

Only in the completely degenerated US culture it's more accepted to be fat.

> I live in the USA where violence isn't really a threat to my everyday life,
Besides that you cant pretend it doesnt affect your love life

>Because appearance fucking matters

How so? I wonder if you can justify this statement.

>Tall guy struggles and achieves something: Accolades and respect

>Short guy struggles and achieves something: He's insecure, compensating for his height, and has an inferiority complex that makes him do it

because height is considered to be indicative of good genetics. the same as being attractive implies good genetics, or being intelligent. all three of those three or correlated.

sega in all fields, this slide thread is Sup Forums tier and doesn't belong on pole

Because we short people don't cry about being teased.

Society and people judge you based on your appearance. Doubly so for women who want to fuck you. Complaining about height is silly; it's not something you can change, but understand that if you're really a midget you have to come to terms with it.

That's life man most women don't want a short guy and most men don't want a 6'+ woman.

>dumb looking person

What does this even mean?

Are you aware that phrenology is a fraud and not a real science?

By using this phrase, you prove yourself to be actually dumb and not just 'dumb looking'.

>Idk why this hard for you all to understand.

Everyone understands you, your ideas are just very stupid and child-like.

What, do you need a graph? You seem like the kind of person who needs a graph.

>Society and people judge you based on your appearance

You're just repeating yourself. Why does it matter?

Again, you have a very low IQ, I'm guessing.

Always fly high my halfling brother.

I'm asking for a justification, simple as that.

You're just going to autistically demand that I accept your simple-minded notion?

>preference

Preference is just another way to say judging. There's nothing wrong with that, it doesn't make you a bad person

Yeah I bet you would see this guy and not be surprised to find out he has a PHD in astrophysics.

fbpb

>tfw 6'2

/thread

Stop posting faggots

>What does this even mean?

>Preference is just another way to say judging

No it isn't, as I do not read character flaws nor personal judgment into the decision. It just comes down to my own preferences, that's the end of it. They may still be good and useful people.

He looks different than the norm, that's all you can really reliably say.

I'm sorry I'm not going to join in on your childish demand that I be petty and mean-spirited.

I guess I'm morally as well as intellectually superior to you.

Height's a signal that you can beat up other men - shorter men. It makes women feel safe and secure to have a tall boyfriend, because she instinctually knows he's better able to fight off anyone smaller than him.

That's pretty much the extent of it. We've got 'might makes right' embedded in our mammalian instincts and bigger men = get their way = more resources/respect = attractive to women.

It doesn't matter that we have tools like firearms that allow an 84 year old grandma to cut down a 280lbs black gorilla with the pull of a trigger. We've had firearms for a few hundred years; compared to the hundreds of thousands / millions that height's had to get embedded into evolutionary instinct. Yes, it's caveman instinct, but it's not going to go away anytime soon, so you'll just have to deal with it.

Being short isn't that bad as long as you give up on dating white women.

I'm 5'3 and have had multiple 6-7/10 gfs, though none of them were white.

Most people don't need this explained to them, but that's fine.

apa.org/monitor/julaug04/standing.aspx

fpbp

>I guess I'm morally as well as intellectually superior to you

Hahahaha you're blue pilled as fuck. Attractive people are more successful and earn more money.

I don't know why you want to keep denying it.

women don't get shit for being short, but the do occasionally get shit for being obese.

Gotta protect their feelings.

Most people hold a lot of incorrect ideas, you may be surprised to learn.

You're appealing to popularity, a logical fallacy.

Go ahead, keep proving your intellectual inferiority, as if it wasn't obvious in your borderline advocacy of phrenology.

Lift bitch

It's genetics.

Ultimately our instincts give way to whatever allows us to breed. A variety of environmental factors led to height being a good thing - women who choose taller men have better prospects for their offspring than otherwise. That's why there's such strong instinctive conditioning that makes tall men attractive.

There's a lot of other traits as well - deep voice, broad shoulders, muscle mass, social standing, achievements, available resources, etc. etc.

These are all attractive to women because men with these traits indicate good odds for offspring. Keep in mind that women are nature's eugenicists and effectively pick and choose which genetic lineages and traits live or die in aggregate.

>Attractive people are more successful and earn more money.

This is because most people are stupid and make surface level decisions, not because those people are better.

So you think everything society decides is prima facie the right decision?

Think your posts through, please.

You seem mentally unstable.

>Just be yoursel-

This only speaks to sexual decisions.

Society is much more than sex.

Anyone else notice that sexual attraction for males is based primarily on characteristics you cannot change?
>height (no way to increase your height)
>dick size (no way to increase the size of your cock)
>face (makeup heavily frowned upon for males)
>personality (changeable, but not particularly easily)
>wealth (can change)

Meanwhile, sexual attraction for females is based on things that can all be changed
>breasts (boob jobs are extremely common, and the stigma behind getting one is almost non-existent)
>ass (just do some glute building exercises and poof)
>face (makeup does wonders for a lot of ugly-meh girls)
>weight (have a modicum of self discipline and this is easily manageable)

That said, being a male is still way fuckin' better than being female in my opinion.

Never held him back.

How so?

I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but you just moved the goalpost from "appearance doesn't matter" to "appearance shouldn't matter."

Also, this board has IDs, so you have no excuse to mix me up with other anons like you just did

And anyone can finish every one of their posts by calling their interlocutor a dummy, dummy.

5'3? Wew lad

>This is because most people are stupid and make surface level decisions, not because those people are better.

No shit dumbass. That's what I'm saying. I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying it's true. Fucking reading comprehension

>"appearance doesn't matter"

I've never even claimed this, look through my posts.

>I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but you just moved the goalpost from "appearance doesn't matter" to "appearance shouldn't matter."

While he's bragging about intellectual superiority he can't keep track of an argument.

Okay, so it comes down to most peoples' attitudes, no?

Attitudes are mutable.

Merely saying "lol manlet give up" is fucking stupid.

is 175cm short. i feel like im the same height as most other people. bunch of people taller but also shorter than me

>Because appearance fucking matters
>How so? I wonder if you can justify this statement.

What did you mean by this?

>I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying it's true.

Then why did you start attacking in the first place? You and I don't even disagree.

You honestly are very stupid.