Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bHw4MMEnmpc?t=1063
skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1022349&page=433
der-spieker.de/
fachwerkhaus.com/?/60-0-Traumhauswahl.htm
villa-belavista.de/referenzen.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Communism intensifies

Do you have that picture that shows traditional architecture of various countries, and then compares them with 'modern' buildings - the pic which displays that modernism destroys traditional architecture, and along with that national identity?

This one?

Yep, that's it. Thanks m8

GTKRWN

What the fuck is that?

Loose war with Russia and you will find out.

>don't understand the costs related to old architecture
>have an autism fit about the world changing

Just replacing the electrical and plumbing alone would be almost as expensive as building something new.

If anything blame the original owners, older buildings are never well taken care of and need to be torn down for safety reasons.

That's not just the fault of modernism. This place got completely destroyed by WW2 and building it up like it once was would have been to expensive. However, there are still many old train stations like this in Germany.

This building disappeared because of a huge fire. So actually it was shit architecture beside its look.

The problem with old architecture is that the mainteinance is very expensive, difficult and often impossible. In addition you have less space and less efficiency. Those buildings took decades to get finished. Imagine how much it would cost to realize it in a todays modern city. We don't have the money anymore as today the taxes rather go to education, streets, science, etc.

This is a dsliberate commiejew plot to promote ugliness and destroy culture and art. so that we dont see a need to fight for heritage and we embrace multikulti.

Streamlined architecture sure isn't as interesting, but there are many more people to accommodate now than when the old buildings were built. Something faster and cheaper to build, and more reliable, makes a lot of sense.

>goyim stop posting!!

>build modern, it is cheaper, trust me goy

>build shit
>close it down before it pays off (no clients want to come near)
>remake it to the standard it should have from a start
>make money

None of those look like they were built with efficiency in mind. More like pieces of art, each one of them.

Oh fuck off, I spent four years of my life pouring foundations and then became a drafter.

Anyone who has ever built anything knows how expensive it is, probably double the price in your third world shithole since you dumbfucks don't know how to use forms and instead slap a couple 2x4s together and hope it holds up under the weight.

>fuck aesthetics amirite goyim

stadium one is reasonable.. considering how much 1 burger weights and how much support you need for whole stadium

Maybe one day Germany will be as rich as Poland was 2 days after WWII.

Ok, go save some money for burgers.

>I am good money saving goy, I pour concrete

>look at all those $$ I saved

>Tfw get to see this every time I look out my bedroom window.

The place is beautiful at night.

>tries to act smart by posting space creative modern buildings compared to cramped old ones
>the newer buildings will save money because of better natural light, better insulation, better electricity, better plumbing

>implying you can't adapt classic architecture to new materials, space disposition and standards

Cheap =/= Saving money

If you have to demolish after couple years it increases the cost of a building, you have to build 2 or more in place of one.

youtu.be/bHw4MMEnmpc?t=1063

MFW when most of my town got bombed by the US in WW2, but they rebuild (mostly) everything exactly the way it was.
I mean just look at this beauty of a little town.

You can, but it's expensive and since you're not building what you want and what your client wants you are going to build the cheapest thing normally.

If it were up to me all buildings would be art deco.

these are actually nice desu senpai

This is one of the worst examples

skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1022349&page=433

433 pages of modern built traditional buildings.

They use modern technology to make them quick, efficient and nice to live in.

and these are all nice as well

Give them 30 years and they will all look like shit.

Modern:
-art
-architecture
-fashion
-interiors
-cars

All age very badly and very fast

Modern architecture doesn't believe in beauty.
Their designs are reminiscent of sketches from patients in a mental illness ward.
Because the Frankfurt school of cultural marxism also soaked into architecture

Is it because it's very hard to do maintenance work or?

Not every "culture" puts a butt plug in their skyline and calls it modern architecture.

Our skylines are looking fine.

To be fair BW and Bavaria were always the richest. Beautiful town you posted there.

I have no idea about those swedish shit-houses but in the picture it already looks very cheap and from low quality. I was doing some side money by selling houses/apartments and I saw hundrets of modern and traditional buildings. It was always very difficult to sell the old ones. Not because they were too expensive but because walls were crooked and thin, unfixable problems with the sanitary installations, incredible heat during summer and ice cold during winter (even with a running heater), etc. In modern buildings sometimes you don't even have to turn on the heater in winter because the walls are perfect for isolating the cold.
But I agree, buildings like the one in Sweden you posted or those grey concrete blocks are a mistake

These threads are the most deppressing

Perhaps the world's most offensive example of an architectural parasite blights the following building, the only museum in Dresden that was not destroyed by the Allied terror-bombing campaign of 1945. The very fact that this one museum did survive the war obviously made it a target of particular resentment to the modernists, so the architect who was put in charge of the building's "restoration" in the 2000s drove a hateful shard of iron and metal into the museum's heart, as if he were a murderer trying to slaughter the past, to kill the beauty ideal itself, to rape the very soul of the German nation.

Nowhere in the world is there a nation more vulnerable to the aesthetics of guilt (owing to the propaganda that has been levelled against it over the past 70 years) than Germany, so little wonder that the country is especially blighted by architectural parasites.

>Not because they were too expensive but because walls were crooked and thin, unfixable problems with the sanitary installations, incredible heat during summer and ice cold during winter (even with a running heater), etc.

>In modern buildings sometimes you don't even have to turn on the heater in winter because the walls are perfect for isolating the cold.

You mistake things and compare old buildings to a new ones. Pic related is a new build, it is warm in winter and cool in the summer. All you have to do is build new houses that do not look like commie blocks for no reason.

If modern architecture is so much better, how come shit from thousands of years ago is still standing?

Checkmate, minimalists.

der-spieker.de/

fachwerkhaus.com/?/60-0-Traumhauswahl.htm

People build more and more traditional houses and builders use better isolations, materials etc.
There never was any reason other than ideology to build soc-realistic blocks around the planet.

If you build nice house it can stand for 400 years.
If you build shit commie block it has to go down after 50 years or it might collapse.

It makes nice building cheaper, because it can be used for longer.

villa-belavista.de/referenzen.php

Nothing fancy or expensive or out of place/time.
Built in 2011.

Oh, it's another "basement LARPers pretend to know anything about architecture" episode.

Can I post rage other than architecture?

Unlike those paragons of knowledge called modern architectural ((("""experts"""))), some people actually appreciate beauty.

ayy lmao

With new construction methods, new materials and serial production, costs could be pretty much and it can be argued that classic architecture have a lower usage costs since space distribution can be more rational, no weird shapes or unusable spaces.

The biggest selling point of modern architecture is low maintenance and high flexibility, which classic can't compete, however, this is a trade off to classic architecture since modern architecture truly have an expiration date while classic architecture was developed over centuries of trial and error to increase longevity of buildings by design, facing the elements better. And worse, flexibility in these modern buildings are often overestimated, not paying off in the long run since it still costs a lot to make changes.

>Scottish parliament
Just destroy it already England, pls.

This can't be real this has to be bait

Hello darkness my old friend

sometimes there is a light

Guys, I'm really, really, really sorry. Normally our country produces good people. I'm really ashamed of this cunt.

Where I live they keep the front facade of the old building and build either a new building inaide or a new one behind. Works well.

fucking brutalisim, they built an entire museum, gallery and theater complex in my city in that style, because of the high surface area on the bare concrete and the humid climate, it gets covered with shit black algae and carbon monoxide if they don't pressure wash the several square kilometers of ugly building every couple of months

Isn't it absurd though, that with all our technological advances, the best we can do is basically plain rectangles? Or what decoration is put in, is so crude?
CAD and CNC ought to make forming concrete into art deco or gothic or whatever the hell you want pretty simple. Yes, it costs more, but we spend our lives living and working around this stuff, we not niggers, we should be able to manage to make it not look abhorrent.
And your cost and convenience argument absolutely doesn't apply to starcitects brain farts, they're often as expensive and impractical as they're ugly. At least half the problem is the current stylistic ideology. Most architecture courses strongly discourage their students from considering traditional styles.

>when you set object LOD pop-in distance too low

The Scots Nat's didn't even want that building. They wanted to use an old building that shared some continuity with the old Scots parliament. It was unionist politicians who insisted on the new build (mostly Labour) because they didn't want Scots to be reminded that they were an ancient nation that had it's own parliament for centuries. You even saw it when the parliament first sat (not yet in the new building): Scots Nat's referred to it as the "reconvening" of the Scots parliament after a suspension of x years. Unionist speeches carefully avoided that language.
Am not a Nat by the way (or a Scot). Am project manager and this was a case study I had to do for a course about cost control. Also think that building looks shit and cheap, especially in Edinburgh, one of the most awesome looking cities in Europe.

>this thread
i'm fucking mad now

is this the train station that got cultural enriched in christmas eve?

but user, that's the same building but with some trees out front

Should have btfoed this building long ago so I could post some related before/after pic.