Why is soccer so popular?

First of, that's an English word, association football, soccer in short.

Anyway, why is it so huge almost everywhere, but so unpopular elsewhere?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OYa3V7GIizI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=OYa3V7GIizI

DER IS BEAR CUM DER IS BEAR CUM DER IS BEAR CUM DER IS BEAR CUM DER IS BEAR CUM DER IS BEAR CUM DER IS BEAR CUM DER IS BEAR CUM DER IS BEAR CUM DER IS BEAR CUM DER IS BEAR CUM DER IS BEAR CUM DER IS BEAR CUM DER IS BEAR CUM DER IS BEAR CUM

Americans don't like football because they basically made up a bunch of shit sports and stuck to them.

its football

Because even Atlantis had a sports game where you couldn't touch the ball and only use your feet (exception for the goalie)

It's as natural as peanut butter and jelly

Soccer became popular in europe when most countries were poor sitholes for peasants without any urbanization.
Now its a sport for plebs and immigrants.

Soccer aka "faggoty feety kick-kick time" is gay

what is soccer?

Soccer is unpopular in the US because compared to Basketball and American Football it's incredibly slow paced and tedious to watch

Because it's highly competitive, high impact, a lot of violence ingame and out of the game, and it's completely umpredictable, the worst/poorer team can always BTFO the better/richer team, it's a thrilling combination of testosterone and the loving a team is akin to loving a country, you relate to the flag, team's history and others team supporters, it's really all a big fun and awesome package to enjoy

I hate soccer though

but in all serious its popular because it's easy to play, and cheap.

Good exercise from running, you get some physicality without people getting hurt.

To bad that people ruined it by fishing for fouls turning the sport into divegrass.

Mainly, you tend to love sports you played as a child, or sports your dad loved to watch when you were young.

Also, I think soccer might have universal appeal because it only requires a ball and an open area, and you don't have to be a genetic freak to excel at it, unlike american football and basketball.

Technically it's Association Football (Soccer), to differentiate it from Rugby Football.

Football is popular because of its beautiful simplicity that can provide moments of sublime magic.

You can go to a football game and feel almost every human emotion possible in the space of 90 minutes. There's nothing like it.

>soccer ball made out of camel placenta
>football made out of PIG skin

It's easy to see why Eurocucks like it more

No it's because the television networks can't make as much money off soccer matches by putting commercials every 5 seconds.
We do like soccer, it'll grow more here as television dies and people watch sports through the internet

>You can go to a football game and feel almost every human emotion possible in the space of 90 minutes. There's nothing like it.
that happens at literally any sporting event.

>penis with no foreskin

Because the basic rules are very easy to understand, and you really only need a ball and some imagination to play. Coupled with the basic idea it isn't meant to be full contact like american football or rugby it's a lot easier to get people to try it.

I don't doubt that, but football seems to have much more unpredictable moments than other sports do.

A small local team can beat a Premiership giant in the FA Cup for instance.

Brazil can get beaten 7-1 at their own World Cup.

You don't hear about upsets and moments of madness as much in other sports, especially American ones.

That would be good. I've seen MLS grow from a distance, a few well known players at the end of their career have moved to the US to play.

Not sure who to support though, what's the most Sup Forums team you got?

>obsessed with cock and Islam

Jews got ya bad

Its literally the cheapest sport to play there is
Also Europe didn't really have any other sports to play
US had baseball, football, and basketball already so soccer was low on the list and stayed that way

I heard the patriots lost once, that's about it.

Burger sports are impossible to watch because of the constant adverts.

>the basic rules are very easy to understand,

the two-handed throw always seemed silly to me.

> tfw you will never have foreskin because your parents believe in a book written 6,000 years ago

stemcell foreskin when?

Its original name is soccer
Bongs changed it to football in the 70's because they hate it when we call things the same name as they do
It's an elitist thing

If it's so easy, why are americhubs so shit at it?

Do you miss your foreskin m8? Or I suppose you wouldn't really know would you, the jew took it from you like a faggot bitch.

This. All you need is a ball and the rules are simple and flexible. They can play it in shitholes around the world.

You just need a ball to play it. That's it.

No other equipment required like in all other sports.

Wrong
Soccer is the most played sport in the US up to the age of 13
The thing is it's not big in the professional world and sponsorship is laughable therefore most people drop it for another sport soon after they hit that age

>burgers will never experience playing footie with a bottle after a teacher took away your ball, because you hit a younger kid in the face with it
I pity you

> tfw you will never have foreskin because you live in a country controlled by the Jews

Fixed.

Yeah I don't understand US sports, they know who will win at the start of the season and then get excited about their obvious prediction coming true at the Superb Owl.

What is that all about.

I laugh p hard thinking about the fact millions of americans have fucked up dicks because literally jews.

>slow paced
American football stops every time someone drops the ball or gets tackled
>tedious
So are your ads every two minutes.

all our best athletes choose to do other things. Even average dudes would rather play beer league volleyball/softball than fuck around with that shit game.

Yeah well, at least we got rid of our Muslim head of state

I meant the rules are simple. It's easy to understand, and Americans are bad at soccer because our best athletes are more interested in (((american football))) and niggerhoop

Let me know when we elect a nigger (twice) then we can talk, cuckboy.

Except ever Muslim in your country is snipped and circumcision is still very common in Europe
Think you would know that since you suck cock so often

>the Emirates cup
Ftfy cuck

I find shooty hoops to be the best of the burger sports, it's fast paced and the games seem competitive.

>Fixed
I am a Kike, it doesn't matter what country I live in my genitals would be mutilated

Soccer is a pretty good sport, but it was improved and perfected into ice hockey, which is better in nearly every way. Some countries became good at hockey and it took over but others either don't even have ice or are absolute garbage at it so they stick with the original "good enough" version

I don't know anyone who has had his dick cut as a baby for jewish reasons.

Your map just shows how cucked you burgers are, muslims make up like 5% of the population.. Meanwhile you're 50% white at most.

Stay cucked.

Two sports developed in the late 19th century.

One of them was invented at an elite boarding school called Rugby.

Another developed from working men's associations organising football matches against each other.

When they started making the rules official the sports developed into Rugby Football (Rugby) and Association Football (Soccer).

Soccer is slang for association football but it has never been called that in a widespread way, it's always been known as Football to the everyday man.

>5% of pop
They're not even 1.

Because you only need two things for a world class football game.
A trampled coke can and a little boy

No other sport, besides running, needs that less

of the British population

Because it's cheap and you can play it everywhere
All you need is a ball and that's it

> I find shooty hoops to be the best of the burger sports

Many american would agree, but unfortunately the sport has essentially become pretty blacked. Literally almost all famous players are niggers acting like niggers and slavs who LARP as niggers. They now care more about getting a shoe deal than making a 3 point shot

Because Americans saw that the rest of the world was way ahead of them when it came to footy, so they don't give a fuck because they can't become #1 anyway.

You see, Americans only care about being #1, footy doesn't let them do that so they stick to sports only they play and call theirselves #1

>world series

That Curry lad seems to just love the sport though.

Why doesn't the EU have one world cup team?

> cheap and easy to understand
> low scoring

It's a great sport for the plebs. All you need is a ball. Patricians and real Aryans prefer skiing, mountain climbing, tennis, golf, and polo.

Because even the most impoverished country can afford and play it without having to buy expensive equipment and materials along with its age

Yeah that's why everyone loves him. He is what apehoop players are supposed to be

Are you taking the piss?

American football takes ages to play, constant stop start. It's shit.

>what is 2000 years of cultures in europe

would never, ever work. Be glad though, the EU would win every single world cup until the end of time.

Also another reason for its popularity is that it caters for almost every body type (except obese, only yank sports let fatties compete lel).

You have absolute manlets like Messi as well as giants like Ibrahimovic and they can both dominate a game.

Look at a team photo or a camera pan during a national anthem and you will see many different body types/heights.

Kind of simple, when football started getting really popular in most of the world, the big three american sports were already well estabished with advertising and money tycoons. Simply there was not room for soccer to grow in the US as the owners of those other sports fought back to keep it relatively unrecognized.

>No it's because the television networks can't make as much money off soccer matches by putting commercials every 5 seconds.
Sounds horrible, only US football match i ever watched indeed had a lot of commercials

So you're basically all crypto nationalists when it comes to football?

When you live in hellholes, you'll do just about anything to entertain yourself.

this
they get destoyed by other countries so they just say they don't care.
They even call one of their main sports "football", even though all other countries call "soccer" football. Just so they can STILL claim they're the best at football.

Fucking americans man

Football matches are the only time you can wave and English flag without being called a Nazi racist fascist homophobe islamaphobe.

mfw Rugby league was original played by the Ancient Greeks and Romans, millennia before soccer.

Yes.

you faggots literally wear helmets in all your sports because you are afraid of hurty hurty bump on head :'(

its not popular here because football is 90 minutes of grown men taking each other down, its much more entertaining

rugby league is the only alpha sport

>muslims make up like 5% of the population
Oh m8 I am laffin, you're not even 80% white anymore
>Meanwhile you're 50% white at most.
There are over 192 million whites in this country, even taking into consideration the 50 million illegals that still puts us at 60%
But that's okay, we just have the largest white population on planet Earth. No big deal

>real aryans prefer skiing, mountain climbing, tennis, golf and polo

Tell that to Bastian 'The Wolf of the Ardennes' Schweinsteiger

rugby rewards being a fatass too much

Do you think he'll give in to the fame and money and become like the rest?

>t. chav

Football is for inbred pikeys and you know it.

Gentlemen watch Rugby and Cricket.

>US had baseball, football, and basketball already so soccer was low on the list and stayed that way

american football and basketball are nigger sports. football is a white mans sport. says a lot about your country that the former are more popular

You can be poor and still play it. It requires absolutely nothing except for a ball, which can be made out of old socks if you so choose.

Fuck sports, any kind of sport is degenerate

He's a munich

helmet and pads are weapons, not protection, but you wouldn't understand

You can play football anywhere.
Go to a park with 5 friends, one ball and you can play.
Find a empty street and call another friend.
One the beach? Random people will ask if they can play with you.

>t. Faggot pasty, sickly evil scheming kike

I hope not. I feel he could actually be a good role model for people, but you never know.
He isn't wrong though all our sports are dominated by niggers

>Because Americans saw that the rest of the world was way ahead of them when it came to footy, so they don't give a fuck because they can't become #1 anyway.
I k ow Belgians are arguably ties for first place with Germans and dutch for best producer of players but that doesn't give you an excuse to talk out your ass
If we stopped squakey shoe and football and dropped down baseball to the level of golf and replaced them all with soccer we would dominate the world 10 times over with it and you know it.
The only reason Europistan is the world leader in player production is because we don't even participate
Every sport we focus on we become the best at hands down.
Look at hockey, it's literally 4th place in popularity here and we yet Canada is the only ones who can keep up with us

Because it promotes great values, like sportsmanship, fair-play, it has the best most non-violent fans compared to other sports and I could go on

I like isaiah thomas desu, but the entire sport packed to the rafters with niggers and nigger culture.

>that flag

It checks out. Oy vey we can't have the goys honing their bodies and maintaining natural testosterone levels! It would be annuda Shoah!

Its the ONLY thing that has remained nationalist in europe

Canada is the only other place that gives a single fuck about hockey, you wally.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

The captain is always white, as are the important players.

Black ones are usually just the speedy ones or the muscle to bully people in midfield.

t. 50%

>They even call one of their main sports "football", even though all other countries call "soccer" football. Just so they can STILL claim they're the best at football.
Except soccer as a sport came out at almost the exact same time as football did here you mong

We made our sports up first. Y'all Faggots demanded the world's simplest and cheapest game like the third world country you're desperate to become. All because you turned your nose up at the exciting serenity that is Baseball.

Because it's definitely the superior teamwork sport; it's cheap, has many variations based upon number of players and grounding (like five-a-side, beach soccer), all of which are enjoyable and easy to play if you know the basics about football. And above all else, the modern format was created by the white man, making it one of the most popular and enjoyable sport worldwide, played by everyone regardless of ethnicity.
The only downside of said popularity is the inevitable corruption that came with it, especially at high competitive level.

But when it comes to lower leagues, or even amateur ones, it's without any doubt a pleasure to play and watch; nothing like playing a match during a saturday morning with your work colleagues and friends, followed by a nice barbecue, beers and other stuff made by the wives.

its the biggest sport everywhere except USA