Redpill me on "depression"

Redpill me on "depression".

How has science gone THOUSANDS of years yet there's no cure to this """chemical imbalance"""?

Other urls found in this thread:

artofmanliness.com/2016/12/21/call-new-strenuous-age/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is cure.
Its called Natural Selection.

It'd be pretty weird if people went around laughing like imbeciles at the slightest little thing.
Call it sadness and drop the ill fitting word. Won't ever know true happiness if you've never seen sadness etc OP.

It can be treated.

Go to /advice/

It not a chemical imbalance. Its caused by letting others make your life-decisions for you. I was depressed until I got off of everyone else's ride. You just need to own your triumphs and fuckups.

"neurosis is always an excuse for legitimate suffering" -Carl Jung

Depression is a symptom of a stagnant civilization.
Whites are very forward-thinking, and there is no future, no innovation, no great frontier to explore.

There is a cure. It's called deception.

Are you depressed because of a situation (girl left you, parents died) or does I happen for no reason.
I'm in my first year of medical school so I almost know what I'm talking about.

I ask because a couple of my friends think its perfectly socially acceptable to act like total fucking assholes cause "im depressed"

Why is this accepted in society? Was it the jews again, normalizing this behavior?

Depression is what happens to a man after they have been domesticated and dont feel part of their society. The fastest way to uncuck yourself is to buy a motorcycle

What do you mean 'act like assholes I public'? Do the publicly humiliate you around hot girls for no reason? Give an example in detail.

im saying THEY do whatever they want cause THEY have it

if they have anything at all, and not an excuse if theyre just feeling sad and want attention

you could consciously work on changing your sub conscious thought pattern and subsequently alter your chemical balance

Because the human brain is incredibly complex.
And some people do get temporarily cured with medication.

1st world countries have higher rates of depression than 3rd world

this shows it's a problem with our culture/society, not our brains

This is fairly accurate. I notice on days I'm feeling those familiar feelings of deep and dark gloominess, I couldn't feel more disconnected from the world. It is like an internal void that is never ending. It is much worse than sadness.

underrated truth

I've dropped out of highschool and left every job on a whim (completely lost interested and didn't even want to get out of bed), constantly gamble my money away, abuse nicotine and caffeine regularly... Uh, I'm sure their more. Should I go get SSRIs? I hear they really don't do shit all.

Well I have anxiety pretty bad, sometimes have panic attacks for no reason. But I cannot stand these people who whine about it nonstop. It's unbecoming and quite sad. I get seeking help but moaning about it everyday helps no one. What do I do, lads? Can I request benzos at the doctors because these antidepressants don't feel like they help much.

society simply changes faster than human evolution can keep up with, and as a result, we are living in ways that we are not intended to
think about how people were living ten, or five, or even three generations ago

the brain is still too complex for us
how has science gone thousands of years and we still live only on earth

Because it never was a problem until recently.
People are too self-absorbed. Too concerned with how they FEEEEEEEEEEL, they're not content with how they feel and they wallow in self-pity.

Depression is self-inflicted state of mind except for very rare cases.
There are some people who can't produce enough dopamine so they're just fucked, other people haven't received enough vitamin D, vitamin B, zinc or iron.

Whatever you do, don't take anti-depressants, ever. They turn you into a zombie who simply doesn't care that his brain isn't producing enough dopamine.
Just take vitamin D and 5-HTP. The best shit for ''depression'' you can take. I had ''depression'' and simply getting those two fixed it, I've not felt depressed since.

I hate this meme so much. I take multivitamins everyday and feel no different. I'm on antidepressants and I feel hardly any different. I still get panic attacks for no reason.

Do start doing Heroin

What do your panic attacks have to do with depression?
The fact is that if you have depression it means your brain isn't producing dopamine, which is the feel good hormone. Without it you feel like shit 24/7. It's not magic.

The antidepressants differ, but generally it's like taking a hammer to your brain and forcing it to start producing some dopamine so you feel less shit. Works most of the time, but it's such a crude way to treat ''depression'' it just fucks your shit up forever.

You got fucked. If you've been taking anti-depressants for a long time now, you are fucked. You are never going to be normal or overcome your depression.

What are you basing this on? Scientific research or personal experience?

Both. I've also spoken to a lot of people who take anti-depressants and read what people who take anti-depressants write.
Anti-depressants are absolute cancer. It's like getting prescribed heroin for a broken leg, only deals with the symptoms, not the problem.

Look into vitamin D and 5-HTP research in relation with depression. You are never going to look at depression the same way ever again.
I can't tell if doctors are stupid or evil when they put you on anti-depressants.

It's normal to feel depressed from time to time, trying to "fix" your brain's natural biological processes with drugs is actually what facilitates real mental illness.

This article partially addresses a cause. Long read, but interesting.

artofmanliness.com/2016/12/21/call-new-strenuous-age/

TL;DR - The societal reorganization that was required for industrialization conflicted with human evolution. One of these aspects was the psychological aspects: including depression, anxiety, restlessness, etc. We still operate under the same societal organization and there's interesting comparisons between mental health prevalence at the turn of the 20 century and now, 100 years later.

The cure is as follows
>do 1 thing to make you happy every day
>exercise every day
>socialize every day
>take vitamin D and fish oil

If we acknowledge that it's a chemical problem, we just need to manipulate our brain to produce the proper chemicals.

Helps if you get up early and don't stay up past 2200, but sometimes life gets in the way.

cognitive-behavior therapy. change the way you behave and you change the way you think. change the way you think and you change the way you behave. You're depressed because your behavior is depressive.

1: admit you have a problem with internet addiction and avoidance.
2: have structure and find satisfaction from sticking with it.
3: find meaning with hobbies and passions with tangible results.
4: train yourself to be prosocial. Try and meet women. Try and make yourself better to trick other people into being interested in you.
5: stop relying on externalizing your negative feelings at strangers.

It's multifaceted. It's partly a problem with society and not having enough "real" problems to deal with. We're not concerned about life and death, we're concerned with comparing ourselves with everyone else.

There's also the problem with a lack of good diet and exercise. Between the two, you have "depression".