Obamacare is a joke?

Other urls found in this thread:

healthsherpa.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=nkzEOO02NjM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i just go to walmart and pay 150 for an exam + frames and lenses

pretty cheap considering you only need to go every could of years

*implosion intensifies*

Obama care is awful. Premiums up 100% with huge deductible. Basically paying more for less

If you're a welfare queen, Obamacare is great. If you're in the middle-class, it fucking sucks hardcore. If you're wealthy, it sucks you're paying more but it's unlikely to really harm you.

This.

Obamacare hurt the middle class pretty bad. It helped the poor and the tiny minority of people with preexisting conditions. It requires most people sacrifice a lot of money to help a few people who sometimes don't deserve it.

I wonder if Obamaleaf will show up in this thread.

End thread

LOL, there's place to get Exam + Glasses for $99 - $150, no insurance needed.

basically it sucks for most people, but saying that means you're a meanie who doesn't care about the poor sick people who need our help
you're probably racist too

It was written for lawmakers by insurance companies.

That should tell you all you need to know.

Preemptive Leaf Rake!

It's a middle class squeeze, like most dem agendas.

OP I lost my insurance after Obama care and I haven't filed taxes since 2013.

Before then I had good insurance.

I tried to get Obama care once, but this liberal woman told me I would have to pay 400$ dollars a month or pay a fine. (that was 2014) I told her as a student, I don't have that kind of money.

She told me I should drop out of school.

Obama care is a joke, stay healthy and fuck Obama care. I order my meds off the net, and I work out.

When it comes crashing down, i'll be laughing.

It is.

My premiums went up 100% under Obamacare, and I had to lower to a plan with a deductible that was 250% more.

Basically, it buttfucked those with decent plans at a reasonable rate to provide for the faggots who don't take care of themselves.

What foreigners with single pay systems don't get is that Obummercare was slapped on top of our pre-existing system. The only people that benefited were the Corporations selling insurance and other welfare queens.

>Basically, it buttfucked those with decent plans at a reasonable rate to provide for the faggots who don't take care of themselves.
Exactly this. My family literally cannot buy coverage as good as what we used to have. Doesn't stop what we do get from costing more tho.

>Home ownership down
This blows my god damn mind. You can get a loan with nickels for interest yet people haven't been buying through the recovery

It fucked us in the ass hard. Our premium is now a gorillion dollars.

almost like there was a massive housing crisis or something

>living in a country where eye exams aren't free everywhere

What the actual fuck?

These posts describe my experience well.

I lost my job and was unemployed. ACA was super cheap and, really, pretty good considering how cheap it was.

But then, I found a new job, but I didn't yet have the insurance. I was still on my ACA plan. As a matter of fact, I had switched to a lesser plan due to cost. I paid over 10x the monthly premium compared to when I was uninsured. Then one night I woke up in near crippling pain and went to the ER.

One IV, one dose of morphine, one CT scan, a dose of some other pain medicine, a prescription for pain medication and one for anti-nausea drug, and sent home a few hours later with a diagnosed large, yet passable without intervention, kidney stone.

After the insurance, which I remind you, was a significant amount of my income each month, my out of pocket expense for this was literally thousands of dollars.

I would have been fine on the bills...If I had still been unemployed and broke as fuck. But, since I was working again, I was made to be broke as fuck instead.

I've never had healthcare in my life. I heard Obongocare is bad. What's it like? Is it worth it?

now think how mad you'd be if you had been working all your like and suddenly shit gets 10x worse and 3x as expensive

This too.

>Medical Exam
>Free

Not worth it. Even the free shit is bad and doesn't cover much, I honestly don't know why people are freaking out about losing it. You get like two doctor visits a year or some shit and still have a deductible.

Paying for it is even more retarded unless you're really well off. Like $200/mo for the shit tier plan the leeches get for free.

That's why so many people opted to pay the fine instead of buying insurance. Obama was so buttmad that he was going to raise the fine so more people would buy the insurance, but unless the fine is more expensive than the healthcare that shit would never work.

Get fucked bitch

Subsidizing invaders doesn't hurt you.

My GF is unemployed and it's nice that she has catastrophic insurance in case something bad happens

OTOH my premiums have doubled in the past 5 years so it's like I'm paying for two people anyways

The shittiest thing is that IF something catastrophic happened pre-Obamacare, the average person could declare bankruptcy (a tactic that is used by everyone, rich and poor) and discharge the debt. It would have some negative consequences if you were middle-class with a bunch of assets but in that case you were a fucking moron not to just pay for insurance. If you were poor and did this, it would cover your ass.

All the people that were "financially ruined" by medical costs were either a) incredibly stupid for maintaining assets without insurance or b) lying

How does that blow your mind? Just because interest rates are low doesn't mean you can get a loan. Dodd-frank and overzealous regulators have been up banks' asses since '08 and moreover, low interest rates are counter-intuitive as lenders are disincentivized from lending to anyone who isn't super-prime.

What's really funny, when you think about it, is the fact the indigent would have gotten their care for free or nearly free anyway under the old system. Most of it, if not all, would've been written off so the healthcare provider would receive federal money.

Seriously, not having insurance was better than Obamacare.

>I haven't filed taxes since 2013.

You can just go on medicaid.

Exactly. Plus they all got treated in the ER for free anyway. Now they have to pay.

The left has successfully managed to conflate health insurance with healthcare. People are getting free insurance, but paying for their healthcare. Then they toss about the numbers of people who would lose their coverage as if it matters. It literally doesn't matter who's covered. It matters who is treated.

You can be fined for not having healthcare.
I can't afford to pay for healtchare.
So they're taxing me for being poor.

Normal people already had good health care.
Bums and retards didn't.

Obamacare had absolutely no effect on the rate premiums are going up.

True!

For any foreigners reading this - that's why all the headlines in the liberal media are all about "look at the number of people who haz insurance!".

>"you will not lose your plan or your doctor"

I don't know a single person who hasn't had their plan modified in some way since Obamacare.

What a lot of people don't realize is that the majority of Americans get their health insurance through their employer, so when healthcare premiums go up it ends up affecting the business. For large companies this can affect how large of a raise they decide to give to people based on the increased cost of their healthcare premium.

The fact that a complete repeal of Obamacare is off the table brings back memories of just how spineless a Republican Congress is.

They will never get rid of gibmedats. Eventually the system will fall because nobody wants to do the right thing.

I use the doctor about once every two years. I'll get strep or something I need antibiotics for. Because I have no insurance, it costs around $100.
If I used Obama care, it would cost $150 a month (two years $3600) plus I'd have to pay the deductible that's still $100 until I maxed my deductible. So the same trip every other year costs $3700 instead of $100

It did what it was designed to do. Give a huge benefit to non whites and welfare kings/queens, while souring insurance for anyone that was happy with the system. It was designed to collapse and get everyone on board with single payer.

Are you a retard?

Somehow insuring millions of people who aren't paying had no effect on premiums? Somehow covering people with expensive to treat preexisting conditions had no effect on premiums going up?

Cute comic, the issue isn't that they went up, that has been happening forever. The issue is the rate they've been going up. 150% in a year isn't normal you obama faggot

vision coverage is like 5 dollars a month.

factor in the fine how much do you pay?

probably because people still remember what happened in 2008.

the interest rates rise the second the good goyim sign that mortgage.

provide proof
our premiums went up when it took effect
insurance pretty much told us it was because of obamacare

>The issue is the rate they've been going up. 150% in a year isn't normal you obama faggot

>It was real in my mind

I've made a conscious effort to correct people when they call it a healthcare debate or refer to Obamacare as healthcare. It's a fucking massive distinction.

The whole idea behind it is to force young, healthy people to pay for the healthcare of older people. Fact is, 1% of the population uses over 21% of healthcare spending. 5% consume 50%. Total spending is $3.2 trillion. That comes out to $10,000 per person.

This is a joke, vision insurance is cheap to begin with.

>Obamacare had absolutely no effect on the rate premiums are going up

kek. That's a good one user. Oh wait you were joking right?!?

>group health insurance rates

You are a retard

Market panic, premiums more or less dropped after the first few years.

More to the point, wouldn't insuring millions drive demand down?

Go to healthsherpa.com/ and see for yourself. You can see what plans you'd be eligible for if you were in the US and how fucking terrible they are.

>It was real in my mind if I move the goalposts

You get fined for not having health insurance.

graph doesnt show what the actual recipient pays
also ignores coverage getting worse

>150% PER YEAR!

> no source

>More to the point, wouldn't insuring millions drive demand down?
Depends, if those millions are putting in more than they're costing.

>Tfw you don't understand insurance jargon so can never debate Obamacare honestly
>Tfw don't know what premiums are

Nice trips though.

My premiums dropped from last year actually. Too bad my deductible went up like 300%. And the amount the insurance covers went down drastically. That's a typical libshit "move the goalpost" type of tactic.

Very true, "healthcare" in the US is a joke. Even before Obamacare, if you had insurance, this doesn't mean the insurance company will actually pay out when you get sick. Good luck finding a lawyer to attack an insurance company when you're dying of cancer.

Pretty sure they said in a year, not per year.

Kek my mom works for the biggest eye glass company in the US and they give her a coupon for a free eyeglasses every year. So we take rounds getting them, I'll go pick the nicest glasses that I like and get every extra perk possible because its free, feels good.

>OH FUCK I'M WRONG
>GOTTA KEEP MOVING THE GOALPOSTS
>THIS IS OBAMACARE'S FAULT! IT CAUSED A RIFT IN SPACETIME TO MAKE PREMIUMS GO UP IN THE PAST

From what I understand, obamacare helps poor people or people with severe issues (like cancer). Other than that it just raised the premiums on the middle class. I dunno if it's true but I heard one reason for higher premiums is because you can only buy insurance from your state which has made some monopolies in areas that only have 1 provider.

No, they're going up again for sure in my county and I think all over this year.

The problem is that people are covered who cost more than average and people are covered who don't pay in. Add those factors and the people who are healthy and do pay in have to pay way more to pick up the slack. Demand is largely irrelevant, premiums are going up because the cost to cover all these people is going up and many don't pay in.

you realize none of this means anything unless you give us actual data to look at.

I wonder if this was intentionally done to get more democrats.

>Make people pay a huge sum of money for no reason.
>Money goes to the government.
>Money goes to welfare recipients as a result.
>The people paying large sums of money lose their business and will have to rely on big corporations or government for necessities.
>Democrats promise welfare recipients "dude will make it better this time I promise"

There's no reason why there wasn't a test run and why this wasn't immediately pulled and fixed when people started losing much more than they were gaining

Obamacare did nothing to stop "balance-billing". So a insurer can legally qualify as having contractually paid out benefits without actually covering the entire bill. Another nice surprise in this trash bill

>employer health benefits

That's group rates you fucking dipshit

Designed to fail so big brother has to save the day with single payer shit system and I have to wait in line behind homeless crackheads at a clinic instead of paying for care.

Personally it cost me last year. I am a 26 year old healthy guy (25 healthy guy last year) and I was in between jobs for about two months. When I got a new job, I didn't get any benefits until 90 days. So I was without employer provided health for a little less than half the year. Without Obamacare, I would have just stayed insuranceless, but I had to get it through the marketplace because you get penalized for not having it. Long story short, I apparently underestimated how much I'd make when I took the monthly deductions and ended up having a tax liability of $750. So instead of staying insuranceless and not paying a penny, I'd ended up paying $750 + like $100 ($20/month) for the five months I had marketplace insurance.

It depends on your income. There's a pretty large group of middle-class people who were fucked by it.

brev shit is worse
cant piss on us and call it rain
the middle class pays more and gets less

Both parties made a bet with each other which is the entire reason the bill passed.

Obama and his goons bet that it would create more democrats.

Ryan and his goons bet that everyone would be angry from the price hikes to get a republican president in 2016.

Neither side bet on trump winning, especially after seeing ryan become #nevertrump.

That's exactly how it works. The problem is that Obamacare covers preexisting conditions. So say you have a heart attack and need to go into surgery. You call up insurance, say you need a $20000 operation, they HAVE to accept you, you pay them your $1000 a month payment, they HAVE to pay for the operation, then you can drop your insurance and not sign up again until you need it.

This is how Obamacare is designed. Game theory optimum is to never be on it until you actually need an operation. Everyone who stays on Obamacare is basically a chump paying extreme rates for no benefit.

Also I have a health plan that costs ~$30 a year and with it dental appointments and eye exams are another $20-40 per visit. Total cost under $100 for my health care this year.

the real redpill is realizing that healthcare reform and obamacare were just emergency measures to close the bankruptcy loophole

they already did it to student loans and now they've done it to healthcare

the only dischargeable debts are reserved for the dumb and rich, either via bad business decisions or overspending

saddle the young and poor and turn them into your slaves, it's the boomer way

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A FUCKING EYE EXAM. Doesnt this come with the glasses?? Wtf. You simply go to an optican and say i need glasses, please look at my eyes and get my strength.

Why don't you faggots post a chart then?

Since literally every chart, no matter how you move the goal posts and demand to slice the data proves you wrong?

That's if you accept

Hazzing insurance = healthcare

>Why don't you faggots post a chart then?
nah, give us data on yours.

i want to see what they think my healthcare costs are.

700 plus doctor. I've got a family member that's a CPA so no fine paid, yet. I usually call an internet doctor ($50 last time) or go to Mexico and stock up. I bought ten courses of Zpac last time.
I get it. That's my objection. If i get fired, nobody pays my mortgage. Why if someone gets sick am I required to pay their bills?

I don't need a chart to know I'm getting raped
I can tell because there's a penis in my ass

youtube.com/watch?v=nkzEOO02NjM

Is this some kind of reverse concern shilling?
>lol you idiots who think health insurance premiums are up over 150%
>proceeds to post graphs with steep health insurance cost increases with ~10% cost spike when Obamacare starts

I was paying $55.00 per month for coverage. The company was paying an additional $150.00/month.

Now, I am paying $280.00/month and the company is contributing $500.00/month.

If you work, Obamacare is a fucking disaster. Premiums are just outrageous.

because an eye exam entails like 10 stupid as shit tests that I'm convinced do damage to the eye

you've got to see some goon who basically says "better or worse" 20 times and then some more highly paid goon that shines a light in your eye for 5 minutes

There's no opting out of this shit either if you have contacts since in the u.s. it is required to have a yearly eye exam if you have contacts, you literally cannot buy contacts without one

so i'm forced to pay a $40 copay on top of my insurance thanks to the government

This is not exactly accurate. You have an enrollment period after that you're on your own. No insurance. Also curious...Does your employer pay your premium or did you join the marketplace and subsidies brought the premium down?

You pay for the eye exam? kek

But the insurance is mandatory is the point.

You're retarded. Obama care hasn't increased costs, it's just moved costs from niggers onto the middle class. so that the middle class pay for both their own healthcare and niggers health care.

>I'm sure if I keep demanding more charts, eventually I will find one that looks like it agrees with me, then I can ignore everything else

why are democrats so fucking salty

This is true for any sort of "insurance".

see it's mandatory in the u.s. if you wear contacts since they are technically a prescribed medication

>I usually call an internet doctor ($50 last time)

Whoa now, internet doctor? Tell me how this works.

>no chart
haha you expect me to trust your subjective experience? i only trust the subjective experience of approved authorities, retard. that penis isn't real.

>It's Obamacare's fault!
>This was never a problem before!