College two new thread boogaloo

Re: College? Is it worth it?

How's this, major in Criminal justice and join ICE?

Other urls found in this thread:

criminaljusticedegreeschools.com/criminal-justice-careers/ice-agent/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm here for Business Majors
>give me tips pls

I think you can join ICE right away, right?

Military -> MP -> Almost any law enforcement job

0hour?

Just looked it up online, said entry level ice positions require bachelors degree

>2017
>not hiring on with a railroad

it's like you want to be poor and in debt

fuck trump

I've actually thought about rail work, how is it?

MP's are 99% gangly autists/faggy mexican manlets/ugly women

what do you do for railroads?

The oil in the fry vat has to stay at a high temperature so the fries don't get soggy.

woops, outdated screenshot. I paid about $1,500 a semester all through college.

>reposted from last thread
Yes college is worth it. Ive learned more in the past 4 years than I ever could have hoped. I even have a job lined up right after I graduate.

Just find something you are passionate about. If you do college right its still one of the best possible investments you can make.

AUSKEK OUT

Im studying to be an Engineer at the moment. What subset of engineering do you guys think has the best growth prospects for the future?

Do you have the money to afford it?
Do you have a guaranteed job waiting you afterwards?
Do you have an actual passion for the field you're studying?

Then by all means go for it. It's the people who are going to college, "because it's what you're supposed to do" that are ruining their lives.

what is your job going to be?

>so welding...

prepaid and financial aid here, am I safe?

you literally need to be alpha as fuck to make a business only major/s work.

software, civil, mechanical

>Doctor Pavel, I be Captain Bill.
>He wasn't alone.
>Arrr, ye don't get to bring yer mateys.
>They not be me mateys.
>No need to worry, no doubloons for them.
>Why I be wantin' them?
>They be tryin' to grab yer treasure. They work for the privateer, the masked pirate.
>Banebeard?
>Aye.
>Get them on the ship, I'll send a message.
>[water sounds]
>Arrr, the shipping plan I just filed with Pirate Cove lists me, me crew, and doctor Pavel here, but only one o' ye!
>[First Mate Smee lowers the plank]
>First one o' ye to talk gets to stay on me ship!
>Who paid ye to shanghai Doctor Pavel?
>[shoots a musket into the air]
>He didn't swim so good! Who be wantin' to try next?
>Tell me about Banebeard! Why he be wearin' the mask?
>[loads musket]
>A lot o' loyalty for a hired pirate!
>Or perhaps he be wonderin' why someone would shoot a man, before making him walk the plank.
>[Smee lifts the plank]
>At least ye can talk. Who are ye?
>Arrr, it don't matter who we be, what be matterin' be our plan.
>No one be carin' who I was 'til I put on this mask.
>If I pulled that off, would ye go to Davy Jones' Locker?
>It would be extremely painful.
>Ye be a big pirate.
>For ye.
>Was stowin' away part o' your plan?
>Of course!
>[A larger ship rapidly approaches]
>Doctor Pavel be refusin' our offer in favour of ye, and we had to find out if he told ye where the treasure is buried.
>Nothin'! I be sayin' nothin'!
>Well good on ye! Ye stowed away!
>CAP'N?
>Now what's the next step o' yer master plan?
>Sinking this ship.
>[pirates on the other ship prepare to board]
>Draggin' ye all to the bottom!
>[Banebeard punches the captain]
>Shiver me timbers!
>[swordfight breaks out, with Banebeard's crew victorious]
>[Bane's First Mate prepares to leave after blowing a hole in the side of the ship]
>Yarrr, they be expectin' one of us in the shipwreck me boy!
>Have we released the Kraken?
>Aye
>[autistic screeching from Pavel]
>Arrr, calm down doctor, now not be the time for fear. That comes later.

>so welding
Pays on average 40k depending on where you live while ICE pays close to 60k AND you get to physically remove spics, it's Sup Forums the job
Your point?

Jesus Christmas tuition at my local community College is nearly 10k a semester!!

Top fucking Kek I have this copypasta as well

Technician at a nuclear power plant. starting $35 an hour which could be better but right out of college doing something I like ill take it.

I dropped out and it was the best decision of my life. Working to start my own business in the skincare/esthetician/beauty industry and I couldn't be happier.

>live in NM, young white male
Thank you. Links?

not a bad idea, but get military experience too

>he gets to control the Atoms
Why Hello Dr. Pavel

what the fuck kind of college do you go to

Do accounting or MIS, every other business degree is trash.

Tits?

Go with biomedical engineering and specialize in sex toy design.

>Re: College? Is it worth it?
Depends on your major
>How's this, major in Criminal justice and join ICE?
Sure Purge those illegal faggots

College was a waste of time for me. Invested 4 years and thousands of dollars just to get rejected at every interview and work for $9 an hour at a job that even high school drop outs can do.

criminaljusticedegreeschools.com/criminal-justice-careers/ice-agent/
>I live in NM, white male
Cool shit, I got family out there. Do you live in Rio Rancho?

Fucking spicy meme, phlam.

>MFW you can join ICE and have your job title be "Removal Agent"

Take it famalam

Should I go to law school and get a JD?

Finished my undergrad in November and haven't got a grad job yet.

How easy is it to start your own firm at some point? I figured I could aim for this one day with my brother.

Yes

Those with at least a bachelors make twice as much and are twice as likely to be employed as a mere high school grad

>MFW ICE is the IRL equivalent of Sup Forums with Guns

useless degree, you can be a sucessful business mang and never have gone to school.

literally 50% of the richest business owners never went

No
Either learn a trade or programming
Neither require college

I once did. Back in albuquerque now. Thanks for the effort and link.

What's the official job title for the guy who checks out train cars for hobos and kicks out their teeth?

>went to uni for accounting
>found internship in taxation with Big 4
>interviewed and got job with other Big 4 in same department
>50k starting and job security guaranteed because of the amount of people who burn out in Big 4
>Autism lets me be cold and detached when dealing with others, senior people in the firm think I'm alpha

Feels pretty good man

>mfw I now see ICE recruitment commercials when watching Jeopardy!

I was leaning towards either mechanical or electrical, why would you say mechanical is better?

prissy little faggot, if you've never train-hopped than you're missing out

Forgive me for asking, but I'd like to know if your one of my cousins.
Does your surname start with a
O'
Mc-

Going into Finance here. Fully intend to become the Jew. Feels great.

Community colleges in New Hampshire are one of the most expensive in the country. You will be paying $20k cash for an associates. The reason why the costs are so high is due to public support being non-existent and partnering up with actual state universities to have the credits transfered guaranteed which raises the costs and undermines the CC concept.

>kind of decent animator
>began as art major
>surrounded by SJW's and Faggots and disgusting leftists
>also i learn that art careers are a meme, and realize art school was a mistake in my judgement
>remember that I've been building computers since i was 12, also gifted in math
>switch major to Bachelors of Comp Sci
>I will be getting a job I enjoy, and also still be able to animate whatever I want after work without being a commission slave
Feels good to not be ruining my life.

Fucking checked and kekd

I actually intend on going to school in NH, there's this private school that's less expensive than the state schools here in CT

is joining the canadian primary reserve while in uni redpilled?

All military experience is redpilled

>fighting for Israel
>redpilled

yes. wish i did it earlier

candian reserve is like the national gaurd
you stay at home and dont go overseas
go on

If you want to make a lot of money and shit on others go into trade, half of companies or if not a majority of them will pay for your schooling if your willing to work for them and salarys are sure as hell going to rise quickly. Or you could go to college early aquire debt and hate your job and realize you were lied to by you others.

Is your name Timothy?

do not join the military unless the only reason is because you want to be a solider. You could make more money being a minimum wage full time worker; the difference is, that you don't have an Israel contract.

Getting a bachelors degree will help get into ICE, but the best way to get into ICE is to get hired with Border Patrol for a few years, and try to transfer into ICE. ICE takes a lot of Border Patrol Agents, because of the similar fashion of knowledge of both jobs. For example, if you pass the Border Patrol academy, and then get hired with ICE 2 years later, you do not have to go through the ICE academy.

Here I'll stop being a faggot and list the surnames of my relatives in NM
Olquist
McCabe
Patrick
Know any of those?

Lol fucking americunts with your overpriced colleges
Enjoy your first years paying off your debts

Wait they're separate?

At least we don't pay off emu war debt

>implying you pass
Dropouts are high among all science and math majors in the first year, not just CS. Weed-out classes heavily punish poor performance.
Classes are curved and many people have been programming way before college.
Weak math foundations mean classes such as multivar calc, discrete math, and linear alg hit some students like a ton of bricks.
Some are not ready for the programming commitment. CS classes have high out-of-lecture payloads and indeterminate completion times because you gotta get your shit working.
The intro class uses java which is built around the OO paradigm. It's like asking students to write 5 paragraph essays before learning introduction, conclusion, etc.
The 2nd class, data structures, is taught in C. This one is unavoidable because the bullet has to be bit. Pointers destroy 80% of people.

Comp sci is aimed at people who have been programming for years already and were naturally drawn to it mate, you should get the fuck off Sup Forums and practice now forever

Nope haha close one.

Fuck off kangaroo jack

As a chemistry professor who has seen many students go to school for CJ and end up working a job they could have done outside of highschool, I say to not do it.

It's more than that - to get a job that isn't retail/min wage, you have to have a degree. Companies demand it now - a bachelor's is the equivalent to a high school degree in the 50's.

Every company I've worked for in the last 20 years will only hire people with degrees, unless it's admin work (and even then, they try to weed out the ones with degrees or working on them), or warehouse/grunt labor.

Going to high school isn't enough anymore, if you want to work for Pointy Haired Boss - and in a lot of ways, I agree with it. Kids coming out of high school these days can barely speak English, let alone write it. Getting through college shows you've gotten your basic shit together.

But that's slipping, now - college grads are dumber than ever, because they're required to take a shitload of culture bullshit, and not STEM.

You need a college degree these days for a decent job, because our education system has failed, and continues to fail harder every decade.

20 years from now, a Masters will be required for entry level work.

>close one
Oh wait forgot one
McDermot

There is a Mc
>close one

>college is hard and it takes studying and you have to do all your homework!
here's your (you)

No

Sad!

So I researched working for ICE, and Ya you need a decent amount of schooling and experience.

>the feels

The reserves are heavily deployed during 'large deployments', usually 25% like during Afghanistan.. Especially if you join a decent one.

It's a good experience, you have a guaranteed summer job with some good money. You also get all the inconvenient training done during undergrad when you don't have to worry about a career job. Pretty smooth ride upward after you're a full trained Lieutenant

Go to community college for Crim Just. Should be cheap enough you don't need to borrow money.

The way I figure it I think going a school route might be more worth it in my case.
>I don't speak Spanish
>I live way up north
And having a degree could really help advance up the chain of command

I live in CT, state schools are expensive as shit

I've been saying for years that the solution in this country is not to make college free, but to improve high school education. Make it harder to pass again. Make it so that people actually learn most of the shit they need again, so we can stop flooding the job market with Associate's Degrees and Bachelor's. Instead of forcing a college degree on people who learn almost nothing new we should only give it to those who can make something great of it. Stop throwing financial aid at everybody who asks for it, and make a Diploma a challenge to get again. Let it be the standard again, instead of useless. Instead, we're going to push more and more years of schooling on our youth at higher rates with lower payouts.

You can thank illegal aliens for that. All of their kids go to CC free or heavily subsidized. I saw it start back when I started at CC. Started to get impossible to get classes, because illegals/immigrants got priority at registration, so they'd fill the required courses - and they'd sign up for too many, and pick and choose what they wanted. That's when I started seeing state paid interpreters in class, too. Must be nice. I wonder if I go to Germany illegal, can I demand and get an English/German interpreter for free?

This insanity continued at the 4 year school I transferred to - the Mexicans were demanding more classes in Spanish. I pointed out to one of them that the requirements to get INTO the school was a working knowledge of English, and showed it to her in the booklet (dorm argument). All she could do was bluster and fume. Our school also had a "black student union", that white students couldn't join - but all of the other activities and groups on campus were barred from discriminating against race. They even had a black only prom, and black only frats - and one of the non-black frats was threatened with a lawsuit because they didn't rush one of the black kids who showed up.

That was a long time ago. I shudder to think what it's like now.

nah either you have the ability to program or you dont, you cant fake it and you cant force it. rest in peace. its not something you just switch into from art on a whim.

How about you study engineering like an adult man?

I know some programming and I've been into computers longer than I've been into art
It's just a skill bro. Practice programming everyday for six hours and you'll nail it in a few years. Just like any other skill. Stop projecting your inability to not learn skills on other people.

Law is a tough field now, because there are so many lawyers out there. The days of law license = rich are long over. There are some areas where there's a need for more, like copyright/patent, commercial real estate, and estate law, but they're boring as fuck, and again - there isn't that much money to go around these days.

If I were you, and you can tolerate liberals, is get the JD, pass the bar, and start flooding the non-profits for jobs on staff. There's tons of money in that world. Get rich of Soros cash.

CC's are expensive now, too - hey, they want in on that Federally backed loan gravy train too! - and most of them are swamps of illegals and immigrants.

its not. i have been programming c++ since 12.
congrats if you somehow pass ( highest fail and dropout rate for all majors ), thats the easy part, you wont be employable. the difference in skill is apparent.

College is a profit center now. That ball will be impossible to stop rolling now. Cutting colleges off from Federally backed student loans? LOL. Nah. College admin and professors are getting fat and happy off college loans.

I agree with you, but I don't see it happening.

>major in Criminal justice
No. Fuck no.

Why not?

Psych major, probably following with law after

>How's this, major in Criminal justice and join ICE?

join the military and reach as high as you can, then you'll have your ICE career afterwords but you'll have a lot more options and connections so you can move between agencies more easily than if you joined independently of military service