Carbon dioxide levels hit ‘point of no return’

>Carbon dioxide levels hit ‘point of no return’

>The year 2016 set yet another devastating record for global warming.

>Carbon dioxide levels rose more than 2 parts per million (ppm) for the second year in a row, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

>Levels rose 3 ppm to 405.1 ppm in 2016, putting CO2 at its highest levels in over 10,000 years. This increase matched the record rise recorded in 2015, when CO2 levels officially passed 400 ppm, which climate scientists call the “point of no return.” After this mark, they claim, climate change is irreversible.

nypost.com/2017/03/21/carbon-dioxide-levels-hit-point-of-no-return/

>After this mark, they claim, climate change is irreversible.

>climate change is irreversible.

>irreversible

This planet is officially fucked.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4453068/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22445060
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23223451
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3056389/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27449479
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>This planet is officially fucked.
Can't we adapt to our environment, like what Darwin said?

Liberals should hold their breath

Great, now we can stop wasting taxpayer money on it.

>he isn't following evolutinism and teaching himself to breathe these new CO2 levels

>1970s: THE GLOBE IS WARMING
>1980s: THE GLOBE IS COOLING
>1990s: THE GLOBE IS WARMING
>2000s: THE CLIMATE IS ""CHANGING"""
>2010s: WHY WONT YOU JUST JOIN OUR DOOMSDAY CULT?

nope, we can't we're all fucked, nothing is supposed to change.

also this, even if climate change was real (it's not), evolution would allow for our children to just adapt to higher co2 environments

>muh global warming
Eat shit and die, you fucking faggot

Good, that means there's literally no point in spending money attempting to prevent it.

We will die out but the world will still exist.

Go plant some trees then, fag. It is a good paying summer job up here.

Ok, Mr. Pessimistic.

Literally every year for the past decade we've been told that we've reached the "point of no return"

ok whatever, now let's produce more iPhones so we can have fun

oh i feel so bad
if only i recycled, im sorry everyone, its my fault
dont blame china for producing 70% of the worlds greenhouse gases consistently, blame yourself

Nice, now the debate about climate change is over

It has to be this way. Just find a nice comfy spot on the beach and let the water take you.

>tfw New York and California will be underwater in two decades
>tfw live in Colorado
Libtards btfo!

What if we kill off all the cows right now?

global warming definitely exists goyim!

Or die. That's also an option.

Trips of truth, spend the money on getting off of this planet if Earth is already so fucked

everyone dies brainlets

Climate change is real, and its unfortunate that so little has been done to combat it.

On the bright side, extreme climate change might be just the thing to kickstart the long-overdue colonization of our solar system.

It's not global warming anymore, user. It's global climate change.

Before that, it was global cooling

We are heading for a mini ice-age. It can't be reversed. The only possible way to survive would be to adapt to changing weather.

leafs will inherit the Earth

kekd

Massive environmental changes are always accompanied by mass extinction events because evolution is a slow process and organisms can't adapt over one or two generations, but require hundreds of thousands of years.

Odd, I thought we passed the point of no return in the 70s?

>climate change is irreversible.

So the lefties can fuck off with all their "save the climate" bullshit then?

Jesus Christ on a stick, I would have followed her till I starved to death.

You idiots won't be so snarky when all the fish and livestock are gone because the land can no longer support it and the only thing left to eat is some bland protein vitamin paste.

I thought we hit the point of no return for CO2 like 4-8 years ago, or is Al Gore revising a few things again.
>Be A.I. Gore
>Year 500 of our Gore and Savior (2520 Anno Domini for you bigoted Christians)
>Proclaim that once again we have hit CO2/H20 point of no return
>water vapor from faggot quasi-dead millennial .00000005^9001Ω 40kGW/h nuclear nicotonic vaporisers has irreparably changed our climate for the 90th time this year
>Cite holographic 4d smell-o-vision evidence of a crying african child with arms outstretched, and old footage of drowning polar bears
Nothing changes, nothing will ever change.

>in over 10,000 years.
why wasn't it irreversible 10 000 years ago?
for that matter why didn't we turn into venus a billion years ago when CO2 was 700 times higher than today?
It is always getting hotter or getting colder, never stays the same ever. Things that don't change are dead.

>not just nuking africa and india to solve the problem

>Still eating for taste
Never going to make it.

Do Americans actually think they can nuke people?

who fucking cares. you're gonna die at some point. none of this matters. why try? stop trying! just kill yourself and stop posting disgusting webms

>BRRRRRRRAAAAAP

Daily reminder assposters are literally niggers

>tfw this triggers methane deposits to be released, and triggers yuuuge electromagnetic storms and the poles reverse, and Canada ends up at the equator

that's not how natural selection works
canadian "eduation"

Do you people think "climate change" means that oxygen will disappear or something? What exactly is the scenario that terrifies you so much?

Couldn't take it seriously after learning how much trouble trees go through to get carbon.

They literally pressurize the water in their veins to the boiling point and shoot it up their stems with the hope of sucking in some of that delicious co2

God forbid we get an increase in plant food. Fuck off with your fake 'scientific' religion of lies. Globalist scum

this
i thank kek for blessing us with brapposting as a weapon against the nigger hordes

>BRAAAAAAP
>Co2 levels rise

is BRAPP posting a redpill on (((climate change)))

Good.

i want to shove my face into that ass and have her let out a giant fart / 10

>Caught multiple times fabricating data to match their predictions so they can get grant sheckles
>The planet is totally doomed unless you give us all your freedoms and stop enjoying modern life.

Climate change is just another way (((they))) try to control you. It's another marketable apocalypse like the Cold War, Book of Revelations, and Mayan Calendar.

Sweet, then there's no reason to bitch about it anymore.

The permafrost methane gun went off a few years ago, and everyone pretty much just forgot about it. At this point, we really may as well start driving humvees and running coal power plants, because we ain't fixing it. Luckily mass extinctions usually take a few centuries to get going, so you and I will be fine.

that's not the only thing rising

>we are entering levels of BRAAAP we've never seen before

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

>Implying climate change could be reversed
What is this pseudoscience bullshit

>This planet is officially fucked.
Of course it is, it got too many jews and their shitskin pets on its surface.

It's not like there is a planet next door to earth that is uninhabitable due to a runaway greenhouse effect, right?

Yawn. I'll start caring when demographics are returned to normal and Jews are exterminated. Global warming/climate change is the fucking least of our worries.

we HAVE done it before..

go read about epigenetics retard

common core really ruined you americans

>Environmental Epigenetics and a Unified Theory of the Molecular Aspects of Evolution: A Neo-Lamarckian Concept that Facilitates Neo-Darwinian Evolution
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4453068/

>Rethinking heredity, again.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22445060

>Germline DNA demethylation dynamics and imprint erasure through 5-hydroxymethylcytosine.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23223451

>LASTING EPIGENETIC INFLUENCE OF EARLY-LIFE ADVERSITY ON THE BDNF GENE
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3056389/

>Somatic hypermutation in immunity and cancer: Critical analysis of strand-biased and codon-context mutation signatures.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27449479

yup were fucked. thanks henry ford and all stupid neocon faggots getting lobbyed all these years. now humanity will disappear in a small blip unnoticed in a sea of darkness. well worth it right idiots?

i need a drink

>Co2 levels were this high before
>we're all already dead
>everything is an illusion as the earth is already destroyed
>thus Global Warming isn't real

Checkmate, (((scientists.)))

It was never reversible my biggest complaint about the whole fucking global warming thing is what did anyone expect to happen? For the collective of humanity to stop using coal and oil for production and just walk to work or bike? No matter what this was inevitable it was either that or curb our means of production and scientific advancement.

>>irreversible

Not really, all we need is a pandemic that kills 80% of the population.

I'm actually hoping it happens. It would keep our species going for another thousand years.

Of course I'd be dead as well, my luck isn't good enough to survive those odds.

Evolution takes millions of years. Humans would die off (((if))) a massive change in atmospheric carbon happened over only a few years time.

what if we just collect all the co2 in a bag and launch it into space

kys

we're going back to the dinosaur age my nigga.

LET'S FUCKING GO.

I think what he's implying is that we would find ways to live a comfortable life like we did before and will never adapt

>haha you privileged cunts, you won't be laughing when all the kobe beef and foie gras is gone you shitlords!
Found the trust fund kiddie.

>Evolution takes millions of years.
see

>Let's not try to slow it down so that we might have a chance at developing the technology necessary to migrate to a new planet. Let's instead increase the usage of shitty fossil fuels so unemployed coal miners who are too lazy to train for other forms of employment can have their jobs back.

Genius.

So the vegans would win. I rather prefer to see the Earth blown up.

so they admit theres no point in trying to save the environment now and we can move on, nice

>CO2 levels change to levels that have happened before in human history
>humans are still here
>levels have obviously lowered from that high before
>Point of no return

Really activates neural communication

Thanks China.

It's not like you and everything around you is dead, right?

If this is the point of no return, why was it over 7000 millions of years ago?

holy shit

>2017: OI VEY YOU STUPID GOYIM IF YOU DON'T SIGN OVER CONTROL OF YOUR ENTIRE MEANS OF INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW YOU'LL HAVE TO REMEMBER THE SIX BILLION!

Not much we can do about it, since all this pollution is coming from India and China

>carbon dioxide levels hit 'point of no return'
WE DID IT, REDDIT

I'll take La Nina for $1000, Alex.

ummm
no
sweetie.

Don't plant live on Carbon Dioxide? This is good for the planet.

good then, I have no kids nor do i want them, i just need this planet to hold together for a few more decades so i can enjoy my hobbies, then once im gone to hell with it

the jews dont want plants to grow and prosper.

The Venusians really should have just switched to Green Energy shouldn't they?

>Carbon Dioxide
>Not Methane

Are these idiots really this serious in not recognizing real threats to the Ozone?

jews would rather use their big noses to steal delicious oxygen from the plants.

Welp if that's true we might as well party. What's the point of even pretending to be responsible at this point? Fuck driving Priuses and not eating meat to be "sustainable". We're all on the Titanic and it's sinking without lifeboats let's be degenerate AF.

I believe this is what you were trying to articulate.

knowing twats like you are around makes extinction very appetizing

>This planet is officially fucked
The planet is basically a closed system. There's an incidental amount of atmosphere lost to space and some debris that makes it to the surface from time to time. But for all intents and purposes, there is the same amount of carbon there has always been. Now, a good bit of it got locked up during the Carboniferous period 300 million years ago as coal. Compared to earlier epochs, where animal and plant life thrived, there's just not that much Co2 in the atmosphere at all.

It's irreversible guys, don't worry about it.

good serves people right for not going nuclear when we had the chance

you can thank every city liberal faggot that gives their money to jewish corporations that spew whatever they want into the air.

>Well shit, the polar ice caps are gone too.
>All of the ice in in my drink is melted and it's all watered down now.
>It's so hot now that my fridge won't even make more ice, or I'm just too poor to get it fixed.
>My local movie theaters don't even sell ICEEs anymore so I have to go to a nicer theater.
>My state is so hot that Mexicans panic whenever you ask if they have ICE.

Al Gore was right, whoever made that documentary was right. Trump probably caused this global warming thing. He ran for office in 2016 after all.