Will car ownership die in the coming decades?

Will car ownership die in the coming decades?

no

It won't die but it will go down a lot.

Bump

yes

>car prices goes up
>number of mechanics goes down
>ride sharing goes up
>number of driving schools goes down
>autonomous car usage goes up
>environmental regulations goes up
>road maintenance goes down
>manual transmissions availability goes down
>number of sports cars goes down
>I stop driving
>car ownership dies

>ride sharing goes up
>environmental regulations goes up
>road maintenance goes down
>manual transmissions availability goes down
These are somethings I see having a very real chance of occurring based on what's happening now with how popular uber/lyft is and how strict environmental factors will play in auto design and maintenance. Manual is already down a lot in most developed nations because smooth roads and luxury are more sought after than ruggedness to drive over dirt and asphalt in countries where stick is the cultural norm like in india or china.

Not in America because mass transit is virtually non-existent outside of dense metropolitan areas.

>no one left to sell too
>toyota cucks double the asking price for a clapped out 80 series

REEEEEEEEEEE

Yes, and the legalization of marijuana is part of the
puzzle. It was done in order to make self driving cars mandatory.

>manual transmission availability goes down

This is fucking infuriating. I never learned how to drive an automatic. Also, it's the best anti-theft device. I could leave my keys in the ignition and not a single nigger could figure out how to start my car.

No, why would it? The amount of people buying new cars will probably go down due to things like Carmax, but I see no reason as to why car ownership would decline, at least not in the US.

Will 'auto-piloting' vehicles under the influence be illegal?

Yes, but not in the way you may think. The auto industry will lease you cars with driver AI and their own required maintenance program. You'll possess the vehicle for the length of the lease, but you won't actually own it. Either that, or they will distribute AI cars and allow you to summon and ride in the nearest.

I hope not, and I think autonomous cars need to be banned ASAP. The car revolution gave a type of freedom that was never obtainable before, the ability to travel long distances relatively quickly by yourself. Mass transit isn't a good thing.

bump

Ownership will die in the coming decades.

>fixed

Nah, terrorists driving into everybody is what will do it. You don't need one of those assault cars you drive yourself do you?

>cars banned because snackabars keep driving into people.

Its so retarded I can see it happening.

It will decline, but not disappear!

You smell of piss and basement sweat and i don't earn $100 an hour so i have to get in a car after you...

Stoned drivers are safer than sober drivers but yeah, legalizing it has more to do with more RIDE road blocks, unwarranted searches and blood testing, DNA gathering and police state - fascism and the coming new age war on driving in general. It represents unencumbered unmonitored freedom of movement and that is not something that will be promoted down the road to...hell, which is our future.

>Stoned drivers are safer than sober drivers
Proof?

Smoking weed shreks your reaction time.

hopefully
tired of all the traffic, just want muh comfy winding backroads to myself

Not where i live or rural usa

Very interesting to think of. Possible, but until it's as convenient as walking into your garage and getting in a car that's clean and it's cheaper, it wont happen for the majority.

I do hope it becomes cheap enough so the poor that currently get the bus or walk, some will have the option to easily afford a autocar and get around. Nothing makes me more sad than seeing someone walking with bags.

Not good enough, friend.

Subprime car loan bubble is about to burst. Buy an expansive cheap car today.

only rural and suburban retards drive cars

This user gets it. Theyve even made this plan public.