Bible study thread

Christianity is on rocky surfaces here, but hopefully this thread can be dedicated to the study of the bible, particularly John and Revelations to discuss what has come and what's yet to come. Sup Forums needs record keeping.

biblegateway.com/

Shitty source but it's the only online bible I could find.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CuzpFMWReZw
youtu.be/hnL9x7DmLVo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation#Canonical_history
evilbible.com/do-not-ignore-the-old-testament/absurd-torah-science/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iE9gGm3qOg0
biblegateway.com/
youtube.com/channel/UCy5H0uunC2qMk0iOF4SHKUw
youtube.com/watch?v=DakEcY7Z5GU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You seem to be lost, is over there.

I am going nowhere. Stay if you want, you might learn something.

>guys let's discuss how beautiful the Bible is and discuss theology and Christian values
>posts on Sup Forums

Irrelevant and a horrible horrible strawman.
.5/10 i replied.

When will there be a movie version?

Irrelevant cucked religion that is dwindling day by day. We live in the most religious recession in decades.

And it has gone hand in hand with the degeneracy gaining strength. In a horrible, disgusting move by church leaders christian voices have spoken liberal evil philosophy while the left continuously tries to break the church.

If something is the enemy of the left shouldn't we at least investigate it before dismissing it as fairy tale? Or is this where you draw the line on logic and reason.

Also religious recession is a meme. America is growing in God for the first time in 10-20 years since the lefts last war on the church.

>Revelations
Fanfic

You're entitled to your wrong opinion.

youtube.com/watch?v=CuzpFMWReZw

Hey OP, love what you are doing. The first book of the bible that I read was revelation, it really spoke to me. I later went on to read the first few books of Enoch. It really pulled me out of a bad spiral and pulled me right into my faith. I've never felt better because not only do I have comfort in life, I will have comfort in death.

More people would be better if they had Jesus in their life, and talked to him sometime, he's always up there and eager to listen. If Im done at the gym before this thread 404s I'll tell you guys my story of how i came into my faith.

Do you think the world is coming to an end op?

Please do. If no one else does I'll listen. May God grant you great gains and a sturdy back for those squats that He will be watching you do.

I know it is.

It was only made canon because retards were impressed by old testament style of enigmatic prophecies, but many Christians knew it was a fanfic.

>saged
>pic unrelated

youtu.be/hnL9x7DmLVo

Bumping this thread with a vid from an excellent theology youtube channel.

Doubting the mastermind of the Lord is a dangerous game. I don't think you are a shill but you are misled brother. Tell me why you feel this way and we can discuss it.

I don't doubt God, I doubt impressionable people. The canonicity of Revelations was always disputed among Christians.
See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation#Canonical_history

>wikipedia
But ill read it out of respect for your opinion.

Does anyone have the link to that video of how muslims = antichrist? I finally have the time to watch it but I didn't bookmark it

Appreciated

Here I'm seeing that only orthodox and the cyrill of Jerusalem had a problem with it.

And Martin Luther, who caused the brotherhood of the church to crumble.

That's already a big portion of early Christianity.

Luther may have had other reasons to reject it though.

Matthew 16
21From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. 22Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. 23But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
revelation 2:9
9I know your affliction and your poverty — though you are rich! And I am aware of the slander of those who falsely claim to be Jews, but are in fact a synagogue of Satan.

I think this is a sign. peter denied the resurrection, and the scriptures, something catholics do with almost a prejudice. the church started in Peters name is synagoge of Satan, who pretend to be jews, but are roman catholics. Nimrod is the Father of Babylon, and the Father of freemasonry (though some bible scholars argue Cain is the father of freemasonry)

Satan tempted Jesus in the desert to prevent fulfillment of the prophecies.
Peter didn't want to see his friend die (fulfillment of the prophecy)
Jesus likens Peter to Satan for trying to stop his crucifixion - for liking the man more than God's plan. That's all.

to

There already were several. Must not have been released to Canuckland

>Brazil

Nuke when?

Not soon enough.

Bless your faith, brother.

All the bible study you Jew desert religion cucked doucebags need:

evilbible.com/do-not-ignore-the-old-testament/absurd-torah-science/

>tfw being a jew* desert religion* cuckold* douchebag
*= citation needed.
Christians are the antithesis to Jews. Christianity was born in Israel and made strong in Rome, neither of which are deserts.
God killed cuckolds in the bible.

I think this is shallow considering that the roman catholic church invented Islam, and is the one religion of the NWO, and considering that the RCC is also lying about the shape of the earth

>God killed cuckolds in the bible.
you've never read the book of Hosea, have you?

Christianity was born in a factory that prints Bibles.

Objectively false.
>She gets punished for her sin.
>She crawls back to him.
>Not justice.

I wonder how many of the Christ fags here deny that the Jews that wrote this shit believed in the firmament that their pretend deity told them about.

All while Jew priests were probably butt fucking dead lambs in their temple that their flock paid for.

As a dog returns to its vomit a food returns to his folly

Let's face it OP, all of the Christian stores are closing, less people are in pews across the nation, and less people declare that they are either a Christian or a Catholic.

They are either Muslim or non-believers.

I never liked church. They operate under the whole "if you don't tithe, the church can't buy backpacks for children in the ghetto". Too fucking bad. Let them starve.

If I don't want to give money to a church that has a pastor or reverend that will only use the money for his/herself, then that's my fucking choice.

Churches should be taxed heavily. They're a business just like all others. They provide a SERVICE. They call them church SERVICES so since they provide such, they should be treated as a business. Enough said, you spoonfed mommy's boy moron.

Ooh, I need to start using this against Protestants

Do you know what seperation of church and state means?

So much hatred for the religion that will spare your life from Muslims.

Indeed. Thus is Gods love for his misbegotten children.

Your issuance is with churches being state funded?
I agree with you. Churches are hypocritical to claim that God will provide while worshiping the states check simultaneously.

>Protestants
Martin Luther caused the first seperation of power from the catholic church, which was inevitably the downfall. Whatever the reason the man was foolish for giving the most powerful organization in the world an ultimatum publicly.

Do you how to fucking spell separation?

They're funded by their goddamn congregation, you brain dead, bible belt hick.

Nice try Satan a lot of people attend my church upwards of two thousand

Oh no I'm dead now

That sounds like a megachurch. And that's what we need to get rid of.

All this ad hominem doesn't work. You sound like an inbred furiously waving their hands around in frustration. It's demeaning. Please stop.

They're funded by their congregation with untaxed money which is taking money from the people which is taking money from the state. Purposely acting retarded to try and win an argument is still being retarded user.

I wonder how many jews it took to have thousands of years of geocentric astronomy in every ancient culture, only to have a heliocentric astronomy for 400 years from a child fucking cult of the catholic church

>tries saying that god kills cuckholds
>doesn't understand that god assigned a man a harlot.
>not idiocy

>“Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom” (Matt. 24:7)

>(Revelation 6:4) And another came forth, a fiery-colored horse; and to the one seated upon it there was granted to take peace away from the earth so that they should slaughter one another; and a great sword was given him.

“There will be food shortages ... in one place after another” (Matt. 24:7)

Rev 6:5-6 - 5And when he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say: “Come!” And I saw, and, look! a black horse; and the one seated upon it had a pair of scales in his hand. 6And I heard a voice as if in the midst of the four living creatures say: “A quart of wheat for a de·nar′i·us, and three quarts of barley for a de·nar′i·us; and do not harm the olive oil and the wine.”

>“There will be great earthquakes” (Luke 21:11)
>(Matthew 24:7, 8) “... earthquakes in one place after another...

“In one place after another pestilences” (Luke21:11)

Revelations 6:8And I saw, and, look! a pale horse; and the one seated upon it had the name Death. And Ha′des was closely following him. And authority was given them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with a long sword and with food shortage and with deadly plague and by the wild beasts of the earth.

‘Increased lawlessness accompanied by a cooling off of love on the part of the greater number’ (Matt.24:11,12)

How are they getting any money from the state? They're getting money from people that believe that if they do not give their 10% back to the Lord that they believe in, that they will live a life that isn't up to par with what Christ intended for His believers.

I'm not a dumb person by any means. I've got an IQ of over 130 but to see someone such as yourself cling to your Bible and Crucifix as if you're going to be "saved" come Judgment Day is pathetic and naive as all hell.

Not only that but it's also against the bible, because Jesus claimed to give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar.

The sole instance of a faithful man being cucked for the sake of God showing Israel what a toilsome wreck she had become and then God punishing the woman is your entire basis of the bible?
That is what you got out of it?

Never mind I don't want you in this religion. People like you are destined to shit themselves and resort to leftists tactics to win, rather than trying to better the world. Go be an atheist. Nobody cares.

Where the fuck do you think taxes go you fucking mongoloid?

>Bragging about your IQ
I have an IQ of 143 and I'm a navy CTI studying Farsi to spy on our enemies in Iran. Stop stroking your own dick faggot.

Cry more. It's /pol approved. Going camping and on mission trips. Sharing stories with all sorts of people and just really connecting with the right people to help you grow is amazing and you have no reason to hate on that. "Wow people are giving money to a thing they like!"

>So much hatred for the religion that will spare your life from Muslims

Christians in America will push their own form of sharia before any Mudslimes do. They already are.

All religious non-thinking is bullshit and must be destroyed if humanity is to not destroy itself by subhumans causing wars over who has the best retarded old book about deities that don't exist.

They say that some nations in Africa lay claim to the cradle of civilization and yet they're some of the poorest and most malnourished countries in Africa. How can God exist if the very places where civilization even sprouted like a tree from the roots are the most impoverished and diseased?

You thought that I was joking and that's pretty pathetic to say the least, user. I wasn't. I've been evaluated many many times and this last time that I was, I came to the revelation (get it? it's that fake book in your Bible) that all of this God fairytale nonsense is just something that (((they))) want you to fall for. Why? Because Judaism has always been the true religion of Christ. Not Christianity.

And getting molested by priests, right? That's what God wants, correct?

>>/his/

Religious non thinking is retarded and against what God wanted out of a society. He doesn't want people forced in religion at the sword like Islam does. He wants people who willingly choose to live their lives that way. Christianity is doing this wrong by censoring people saying bad things about Jesus. He can take it. He was nailed to a cross I'm pretty sure he can take a few vulgar jokes.

I'm not joking either.

Revelation is an anti-Roman messianic Jewish screed that was later edited and expanded upon by gentile Christians.

It's not much different from some jihadi rant about the Great Satan and the Western occupiers who will soon be cleansed by Allah.

It's nigger-tier garbage.

If we're equating degeneracy from specific members of the church to the church itself i'd argue that would be the dumbest stance to take as an atheist.

Unless you're the type that likes hot fudge/shit and bananas.

This should be right up Sup Forums's interests, were all traveling the same way. Dare you to pick our foundation belief in Christ and attempt to use our perspective and see if the pieces fit together like you only had small part of it, a chance to have discovered something overlooked regarding Prophecy. You have to be blind not to see all of the prophecies fullfulled. And how close we are to having some fulfilled right in front of us.
Long story short I don't foresee happily ever after with our home and pollacks. Niether for the rest the world. And this surge of nationalism it's going going to be surrendered for some huge ass crysis unlike anything before. I been pondering this. Any ideas?? What would make the world bend the knee to make Global One Gov Nationalism cannot coexist with being Global and Antichrist on scene.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iE9gGm3qOg0

Actually I was doing the molesting. Many girls my age wanted me who am I to resist?

Off topic, not related to politics.

Sage and report

>all of this God fairytale nonsense is just something that (((they))) want you to fall for
Oh yeah, kikes love Christianity.

That's why they're trying so hard to destroy it, along with the entire cultural heritage of the west.

priest are scripturally unnecessary. Jesus himself is our mediator.

Catholics are worshiping a make believe god.

>Jewish people want goyim to fall for Christianity
>All the while they try their hardest to destroy Christianity

I find this very useful for Bible study and prayer:
biblegateway.com/

Most important is discussion about the Holy texts.
Christianity takes the Holy Bible and we know it was written by humans inspired by God.
So we can interpret its teachings.
Islam is different. Their Holy book - the Quran is immutable. I've read it.
I recommend David Wood for examples of Christianity and Islam. He is very well read in Christian theology.
youtube.com/channel/UCy5H0uunC2qMk0iOF4SHKUw

He came to Christ in a very interesting way:
youtube.com/watch?v=DakEcY7Z5GU

>I've got an IQ of over 130

(Proverbs 26:12) Have you seen a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for the stupid one than for him.

(Proverbs 12:15) The way of the foolish one is right in his own eyes, but the one listening to counsel is wise.

(Galatians 6:3) For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deceiving his own mind.

Solid post.

And answer me this, user. Jesus was a Galilean Jew. He was baptized by John the Baptist. Then Jesus started his own ministry.

Now let us think for a second. If someone in modern day walked up to you in a town and stopped you and said "I can turn your bottle of water into wine", you would ultimately (if you had any common sense at all) think that that person was mentally ill and/or schizophrenic or possibly on drugs, correct? Correct.

So why would anyone have taken Jesus seriously if he sounded like a modern-day crackhead with claims that he can walk on water, turn water into wine, make blind men see, and so on and so forth?

Immature of me to stoop to his level bragging about who's intellectual dick was bigger. Petty of me. Thank you for putting me on spot user.

Oh wow, you still have the NWU Type I uniform? I thought those were phased out, you seacuck.

Sorry, fag here. Go "study" your bible out of my board.

You're making an argument for Jesus. There are texts and evidence in ancient writings and roman reports that speak of Jesus and a great unrest in the common folk as he made his way across Israel healing and teaching. He grew so famous people would sneak up on him and touch his robe to try and get super powers.

I'm getting type 3's soon because the 1's are ugly as sin.

“If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.”

So you've been in the Navy for over six years? Doubtful.

They say the same thing about the Loch Ness Monster, aliens, Bigfoot, and the paranormal. Am I supposed to believe everything that has been "reported"?

This literally isn't an argument. Putting the alleged insanity of Jesus on spot is a horrid argument because it adds credibility to anyone arguing from an unbiased stance.

Type 1's are still authorized until next year. It's like $600-900 to replace all uniform items so most people wait until their yearly uniform repair/purchase allowance comes through to buy them.

good reference, and true to context. keep it up user. lots is wisdom in proverbs.

1 Corinthians 1:8 ..knowledge makes arrogant, but love edifies.

End of this year* not next year. Still feels like 16.

(Proverbs 9:7, 8) He that is correcting the ridiculer is taking to himself dishonor, and he that is giving a reproof to someone wicked—a defect in him. 8Do not reprove a ridiculer, that he may not hate you. Give a reproof to a wise person and he will love you.

(Proverbs 15:12) The ridiculer does not love the one reproving him. To the wise ones he will not go.

(Amos 5:10) “‘In the gate they have hated a reprover, and a speaker of perfect things they detest.

(John 3:20) For he that practices vile things hates the light and does not come to the light, in order that his works may not be reproved.

For a country that spends more money on the military than their fucking healthcare, that's sad. Enjoy your ugly little uniform, queer.

“How do you give something away with the knowledge that you will get it back in three days, and then claim it to be the 'Ultimate Sacrifice'?”
― Jake Jesser

If we stay on point with what were trying to talk about the content is on my first posting. Trying to talk about what would make US surrender over? And our surging Nationalism.

You are without a doubt the most unpleasant person I have ever met on Sup Forums and that is saying something. I've been here since habbo.

We spend money on the military industrial complex, free education, free room and board, free services, free law/health/etc and naturally the big motherfucking ships that can sink a country.

This is probably the only coherent thing you have said all day. Yes, this is true. In fact, crosses are forms of idolatry.

>Shitty source

How is it a shitty source? It's a very good source you moron. That is THE Bible website.

Think before you post next time.

I prefer this one.
"I am the way, the truth, and the light. None come to the father except through me."

I just mean how it breaks up each individual scripture. I guess I'm a little autistic about it and want to see pages.

Typical atheist to dumb down human sacrifice and life in order to make a point.

Let me tell you something, child. NOTHING in this entire fucking world is "free". Wait until the US Government fucks you like they have every other vet. Wait until you're homeless on the streets begging those who were smart enough to see through the bullshit of a recruiter and maybe then, just then, you will realize that not only has the Navy lied to you, but everybody has lied to you.

My grandfather served in the U.S. Navy. 7th Fleet out in the South Pacific. You think it taught him any damn thing? Nope. So if you think that I give you any acclaim for serving your country when practically any dumbass could do so these days with all of the waivers and incentives there are, I don't. I pity you for the fact that you were fooled by the military and by some church that told you that Christ is the way to your magical Disneyland in the sky.

Who wrote that? Some kike? That's my assumption. Jesus was Jewish and so were his disciples. Let's face it: your life has been dictated by a Jew since before you even existed.

Catholics aren't christian, and I'm a gnostic, go ahead and tell me I'm going to hell like a good little catholic

I'm just pointing out your own idiocy.

It gives you every single popular translation of the Bible. It provides you with scholarly notes and annotations. It offers you this for free. Yet it's a shitty source because it splits the passages up.

Makes you think.

Grow up.