Was japanese internment justified? was it consitutional?

was japanese internment justified? was it consitutional?

yes.

/thread

It would have been if japs were human

Justified, yes.

Constitutional, who knows.

why?

it didnt go far enough

>was japanese internment justified? was it consitutional?
No, it wasn't justified

The nuclear holocaust of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was worse though

better than executing them all

you don't believe national secruity is more important than due process?

Japs were named Honorary Aryans by Hitler.
Americans were referred to as Jewified Mongrels.

No, Japs should have just been allowed to win the war.

Well let's just put it like this: there were no further terrorist attacks on American soil after the interment process started. In my book that makes it completely justified. Legally it's not completely stable but it clearly passed so most of the country's leadership found it to be necessary which is what the constitution is made for.

it didn't pass through congress. it was an executive order by FDR

I'm guessing you'd rather be trampled over by Jap soldiers and live in an anime palace right now?

Still tho

Because of the 200,000 or so Japs living in the US at the time, around 70,000+ were first generation, and 10,000 had been sent back to Japan for schooling. There had also been confirmed reports of sabotage by Japanese agents in other countries with large Japanese populations, such as Brazil.
Was it handled correctly? No. All of their assets should have been frozen, and they should have been given more than $50. But at the same time, they also showed their faith in this country by joining the armed services and forming the 100th Regimental Combat Team.
tl;dr we couldn't trust them, but they ended up being worth more than niggers

were there terroist attacks on american soil committed by japanese-americans before internment?

listen to the wise words of this leaf,
remember if you kill your enemies they win

Supreme Court said it was constitutional which makes me think the same applies to Trumps travel ban

>pic unrelated

at one time the supreme court said segragation was constitutional as well.

What would you call Pearl Harbor?

They also said that blacks should be equal to whites 50 years later, maybe that should be evaluated then

an attack by the japanese governent? which is a distinct difference from an attack by a japanese-american.

Germans were more justified in locking up Jews than Americans were in locking up japs desu. Jews actually had a long and detailed rap sheet for sedition, espionage, and terrorism.

sure take the case to the supreme court and let me know the outcome.

encampment is actually the most ethical thing to do if you value human life.

Think of how many lives could have been saved if the west interned all Muslims after 9/11. Easily thousands of men, women, and children would still be alive today if not for Muslims being free in the west.

yes but, muslims have over a millenia of documented terroism mandated by their religion, its a bit different.

>Be me
>Be jap
>Rook identicar to every other jap
>Brack hair, squint eyes
>Riterary just Copy+Pasted by Satan

We are peopr you guys! Hitrer said so!

I think if they were going to lock up all Japanese Americans, they should've locked up all Italian and German Americans too. The nihonjin caused no issue amongst themselves, Pearl Harbor was an attack by the Japanese government and the blame shouldn't've been placed on the Japanese people.

Germany confirmed for worst ally.

They were too successful in the West Coast. They built everything. The hotels, the banks, the small businesses, the farms.

American businessmen got greedy. FDR shied away from calling them Anglo-tier but knew they were superior deep in his soul.

All the japs really wanted was for the USA to lift their oil embargo that they put on japan for literally no fucking reason at all except to be a douche.

They would have never launched an invasion of mainland USA.

i only wish we used our nukes on germoney and europe instead

>Be me
>Be murrican
>Lerk identakul tah erry otha murrican
>fat, greasy, shart stains on sweatpants
>Copy+Pasted by Chaim Goldmann

Yes. It was wartime and during wartime every step needs to be taken to ensure the safety of the nation's citizens. It should have been handled better but it was a necessary step. is pretty spot on and digits don't lie.

t. nip

hahah, so its okay for government to strip you of anything you cant take with you and put you in prision with poor conditions because of where your parents were born even though the fbi found no credible threats.