Strauss-Howe Generational Theory

What do you think of it Sup Forums? Steve Bannon claims to be obsessed with the book The Fourth Turning which goes into detail about it more. Bannon also believes that the catalyst for the Fourth Turning has already happened with the financial crisis and that now we are in regeneracy which is described as a period of isolationism, one of infrastructure building and of strong, centralized government power, and a reimagination of the economy.

Thoughts? Arguments for or against The theory, book and Bannon himself?

Redpill me

can i get a quick rundown?

Steve Bannon has the best book club.

Interesting book

Post a quick rundown and some memes

Basically the "Z" gneratuon will be super based because of the actions of the boomers and millennials. The end result will a conflict between the old social order and the new one created vs the new generation. Often it results in great cultural (or ethnic) change along with a massive war where many lives are lost and authoritarian powers rise.

I dunno if the turning works if the government is aware of the theory. Sounds kinda retarded because the theory is based upon the natural action and reaction of society. I also cannot picture us approaching a new golden period in the next 10 or so years.

I'm familiar with generational theory; however, I haven't read that specific book.

Regardless, I think Bannon is too optimistic about the country's prospects if he considers the Great Recession to be our turning point and catalyst for regeneration.

There are far too many deep-rooted problems in America right now.

>Sexual Revolution/Tolerance of premarital sex.
Lowers birthrates, increases single motherhood. Previous partner count is predictive of likelihood to cheat and divorce. Oxford-educated Anthropologist, J.D. Unwin, wrote extensively on the subject of Sexual Liberation throughout history and found that it inevitably collapses civilizations outright or correlates with their wane (in which case they typically fall for tangentially-related economic reasons, or get overtaken by invaders).

>Demographics
Even if you're 100% a civic nationalist, "Bowling Alone" by Robert D. Putnam suggest that racial diversity undermines social trust and cohesion. We're far too ethnically diverse right now.

There are economic issues, but I'm assuming that Bannon thinks the Government is capable of finding solutions to them.

Granted, I don't know what can be done about College, student-loan debt, etc. at this point, beyond nationalization and quantitative easing, but Bannon's a smart guy so I'm sure there's something I'm overlooking.

I just don't know how he reconciles his liking of "Camp of the Saints" with this kind of optimism.

Maybe it's inevitable and will happen no matter what the government tries to do

So is Trump the grey champion?

What Bannon believes is that because of the problems you listed there will be a crisis particularly in the youth where they do not believe in the culture and system of their parents etc.
The government plays no role in the change, but they can cause it by introducing policies that bring cultural/ethnic change.
Bannon doesn't believe in the government. He wants to dismantle it to recreate America to be more traditional and not like the slugfest it is today. The only way he can do that is to "drain the swamp", and replace the old folks who let people have pre-martial sex and change he demographics with younger and more reactionary people.

Just found out about it today and thought it was too interesting to not have a discussion of it on here. I'm no expert but what I got out of it is that there is a constant cycle going on throughout human history and the creators of the book mapped out everything for the past hundreds of years and it pretty much fits. The turmoil we are going through now is nothing, it will get much worse but it's also necessary and I think Bannon is trying to trigger it through Trump.
>I also cannot picture us approaching a new golden period in the next 10 or so years
I agree with that. Like what said it just seems like there is too much happening to fix in that small timeframe but it looks like he's going to try his hardest to get everything there.

The redpill is that according to the book people born in the 80s and 90s (Millennials) will harden the fuck up and unfuck things. Gen Z is a meme and if you push it you're probably 18 and a huge faggot.

You're wrong.. Bannon believes a giant crisis is shortly on its way, and that will regenerate things. The theory has no basis in reality- the belief that history follows these almost-precise cycles

Bannon is a fucking idiot. How do I know this? He told GOP Freedom Caucus Members "you are voting for this bill". The fat drunk fuck has no idea what he's doing. He's in a long line of f ideologues who gain a position of power and rapidly flame out.

>Arguments for or against The theory

They got the model right, they found a pattern. But even though there's a pattern, it doesn't mean it could NEVER be broken by social engineering. I think they missed the mark on the last 3-4 generations, everything else is right.

I think everyone here agrees Gen Z has all the traits of the Prophet archetype, and the next generation (2005+) is on its way to having all the Nomad archetype traits.
That would mean that the Millenials are on the Artist archetype zone, and Gen X on the Hero archetype zone.

I read that he said the financial crisis started it on an article, don't know if he would lie about that. Like I said above too I have no knowledge on this as I just learned about it today and it interested me a lot but even if you go on the layout of the Generational theory Wikipedia page things fall in line pretty well.

Generations are typically 20 years remember, so gen Z is likely to extend out from 1995 to 2015. Millennials definitely don't fit the hero category so perhaps we've skipped that cycle, or they're a really weak form of hero.

>Generations are typically 20 years remember, so gen Z is likely to extend out from 1995 to 2015.
That's true, but I have my suspicions that that number (20 years) is way smaller now because of the internet. There's just too much information out there.

>Millennials definitely don't fit the hero category so perhaps we've skipped that cycle, or they're a really weak form of hero
You're right, they don't. They're on the Artist zone, Gen X are the "Heroes".

Think about it this way: Gen X was the one who brought Cultural Marxism back from the dead. They fit the Hero archetype, and they were good, they genuinely believed it was the right thing to do. Every generation after Gen X falls into the pattern again. WW2 literally disrupted the generational cycle.

Very smart man. He sees the tide of the future. The New Nationalism and a reawakening of European racial consciousness, which leads to a war for the fate of the West between traditional Judeo-Christian culture and secular progressive Islamic-enabling culture. We will see who is the victor in due time.

Nomad archetype definitely looks like me

>it now takes less than 20 years to go from infancy to maturity because internet!

Maybe in overpopulated 3rd world favelas where niggers are grandmothers at 24.

I smell a fucking Millennial.

Checked.

I think strauss and howe are right on track. The 2007 crisis lit the fire that will bring about the end of the petrodollar machine and lead to a new world order.

2010 Tea party rebellion and then Trump election are all results of endless petrodollar wars and bank bailouts stealing our wealth for banks and defense contractors. 2007 collapse was the reckoning of all greedy financier but it was papered over with fake money and nobody was held accountable.

we're in the middle of the 'crisis'. Petrodollar collapse within 2 years I'd bet - that's when the crisis turns hot. Hopefully we come out the other side with a new monetary system that the bankers don't own.

Any thoughts on what the new system could be or has it not been invented yet?

Wow I can tell what year you were born in. Millennials are 1982 to 2000 you dumb motherfucker.

If you aren't a millennial on Sup Forums then you'd better be gen x. Otherwise someone is underage.

I said that I suspect that may be happening just because the Gen Alpha kids (that's what they're calling the generation after Gen Z) are being exposed to an unprecedented amount of information at their early ages, when they're most susceptible to behavioral change.

I don't know if it's actually happening or not, but there's no proof that it isn't. There's absolutely no proof that the amount of information that you're exposed to can or can't accelerate your biological growth.

Nice strawman and ad hominem btw, it shows how much you know about the subject.

It's clever how the Jews, who have captured academia with threats of career disruption through unfounded accusation of anti-semitism, gave notice to the goyim of european descent that their period of autonomy is ended soon when they labeled these latest generations x, y, and z.
Z is supposed to be the last free generation before everything collapses into global tyranny, with direct rule from Israel through the UN.
We will see, you worthless kikes.

According to the book we only begin to enter the golden period within the next 8 years (after the crisis). That doesn't mean everything suddenly gets better. Rather everything BEGINS to get better. It implies traditional values and institutions begin to rise. This rise in values is supposed to go on for approximately 25 years before things begin to degrade again. Meaning the golden period won't truly be felt until maybe 5 to 10 years after it starts. So from now I'd say we need to wait (and by wait I mean fight) for maybe 15 to 20 years before realizing the golden period.

You are mistaking the crisis with the catalyst. The 2007 crash could indeed be the catalyst that leads to the crisis.

Very depressing that everything will inevitably degrade and there is nothing we can do about it. Thanks for the more specific answer on this though I'll be sure to read the actual book soon.