Trump plans re-opens Yucca Mountain

Trump plans re-opens Yucca Mountain

You guys have no idea just how much safer living next to a nuclear power plant will become, now that they won't have to store there waste on site.

foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/27/trump-administration-to-revive-yucca-mountain-nuclear-waste-plan.html

why not build reactors that can re-use the waste as fuel?

Why not build thorium reactors which have no waste

That actually exists, but not all types of waste can be recycled.

Some fuels can be re-enriched by adding weapons grade plutonium or re-enriching them in a breeder reactor.

But with in the united states, we do not have the resources to make re-cycling it be very effective.

Exactly. Molten salt reactors are old technology but still not implemented here :/ fucking stupid

>why not use the Eagles to drop the waste in mount doom?

hahahahaha, how is nuclear waste real, just shoot it into space nigga.

Because Sauron would see them coming, shoot them down, and pollute the ground water, fucking retard.

Its heavy, and secondly, if something goes wrong you get a disaster x100 worse than Chernobyl.

>Reminder that the fallout from Cherynbole and Fukushima was the fuel from with inside the reactors and not what was built up.

would firing it into the sun actually be a solution or would it somehow destabilize the sun and doom the earth?

what if you blew up nuclear waste with a nuclear explosion. would it be vaporized or what?

Sounds like Sauron can use a little bit of freedom in a Tomahawk missile

We've never really tried to piss off the Sun before.

It'd be a good test for sentience.

Not likely, what makes spent fuel nuclear waste, is it's inability to fissile. Nuclear weapons require them selves to fissile as much fuel as possible to create that massive explosion. And because you can't have the waste fissile, what you end up with is just a dirty bomb.

>launch rocket with nuclear waste on it
>rocket malfunctions and exploits during launch
>chunks of radioactive material get dusted over miles of countryside

Great plan.

I don't know, ask the residents of Pripyat.

yfw Mario 3 was right all along

It's been so long.

Now I really want to piss off the Sun.

Earth first; make Sol our bitch!

>sensible_chuckle.jpg

50,000 people used to live here...

Where? There's molten salt reactors in the petrochemical plants on the Texas Ship channel.

Fuck Harry Reid.

>Soviets detonated radioactive waste with a smaller nuclear detonation, causing the reactor of Chernobyll NPP to shut down

how it actually happened, revisionists get out!

would you really put it past Slavs to try that though?

I don't if it's the resources, unless you mean human manufacturing capital. AFAIK the technology exists, it's just that no one wants a uranium recycling plant in their country, so much so that not even CHINA wants one.

>pic unrelated

I think there is a uranium recylcing plant outside of Savannah Georgia, if not then I think Handford is one.

GED OUDD OB HEAR STALGER

Somewhat stand corrected, the plants in the US have been decommissioned, however there are still quite a few in use throughout the world. Although, only three plants still in use have been built since 2000 with the majority still in use being built 1960-1980.

>Good mustard

I hope so. Without it we're asking for Fukushima tier shit with waste in cooling ponds stored near plants all around the country.

If a Fukushima happens here, I will blame environmentalist wackos who shut down Yucca Mountain to make nuclear power needlessly more expensive.

Protip - EVERYTHING nuclear will be used. The only question is using it safely. Making things needlessly more expensive and getting in the way where it doesn't serve safety just ends up making things more likely to end up in disaster.

dont you know how big the sun is you fucking moron?