The most annoying person on earth

Elon Musk's Neuralink Will Connect Our Brains to Computers

What it boils down to is a series of electrodes implanted in our brain which then allows a wireless link to computers

-------------
Does this guy actually believe people will want implants in their brain? Why doesn't this annoying guy, who is so smart by the way, find a cure for male pattern baldness. All this guy does is troll google news.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
dangerousthings.com/
biohack.me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We have a cure for male-pattern baldness. Its just requires limiting the amount of testosterone converted to DHT in your hair folicles. Problem is the meds we have that do this also have side effects that could literally devastate your sexual potency.

There isn't another way.

Yeah, instead of him making insane technology that could almost forward the entire human race, he should be solving the real problem here, male fucking baldness. I hope to god this is bait.

I suspect he is attaching AI to the brain in the hope of using the brain as a limiting function on the AI.

Consider the harm an unlimited, super intelligent machine could do if it was outside our control.

Spreading faster than AIDS. Crippling infrastructure faster than Stuxnet.
Detonating nuclear weapons.

Once the genie comes out of the bottle, there is no way to put it back.

yes, having implants in your brain so government hackers can control your body and thoughts is good for your freedom.

>A circuit in your brain will """"improve"""" society

sure in the future it might be cool to have gui windows that appear in your mind, controlled by your mind. things like cell phones will be software on a server, represented as an image transmitted from the cell tower into your brain transceiver. but totally not worth giving up control over your mind and body. this will be the end of freedom.

He wants to connect the human brain to computers so that when artificial super-intelligence finally does happen we aren't just left in the dust by it (we would merge with it instead)

He's said before that he sees AI as an impending existential crisis for humanity; this is his bet against that fate.

mark of the beast

hello globalist shills. You are afraid of the great equalizer. Technology.

>taking musk seriously
he's a tool who's only in it for the $
the real threat comes from his investors, who will always find some new tool to finance

You underestimate normies. Slap a hip logo and catchphrase onto something, build it up as the next big trend, and they'll literally be lined up with preorders to get them implanted.

>Does this guy actually believe people will want implants in their brain?
People will do it, it will be the new hot tech thing and Shit.

At one point, you could've asked yourself who would enter all their personal information on a webpage just to connect with ppl they don't care about and waste lots of time on shitty clickbait articles, with full knowledge that the only reason this is ongoing is the sale of said information to the highest bidder.

Sound too crazy? Millions of people have Facebook and G+ accounts today.

Totally... Fuckin.... Gay!
When that day comes I will happily enjoy my status as a pariah

I want implants in my brain. Hell, I would download my mind into an orbital server right now if I could. Fuck this gay world.

Just get Apple on board and people will willingly line up outside the store's

This is not a problem of if, but when. Better Musk than the Chinese.

All of this is fucking nonsense, along with other Transhumanist gobbledygook like "uploading" and "singularity", which are just fedora-tipping versions of afterlife and Rapture.

What's the working model of consciousness they're working with? Cause without one all this talk would be pretty silly right?

All of this is speculative fiction pipe dreams, these technologies aren't fucking feasible in any way.

It's all just shucking and jiving to distract people from his huckster empire not actually making any money and surviving on government subsidies.

He's a con man.

t. balding 20 year old

>Russian hackers hack into your brain
>Suddenly all American politicians start going wtf I love Putin now
>US and Russia become Soviet Union 2: The Electric Boogaloo

You know, I haven't had sex in years. And I'm also going bald. Maybe I should say fuck it and get the meds. It's not like I'm going to get a lady with my balding ass head anyhow. Last time I fucked I had beautiful flowing hair. Now it's just a mess. And I don't have the body size to just shave it off, so that's not an option. What's the name of this medicine?

Not an argument

This sounds familiar........

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30

>Does this guy actually believe people will want implants in their brain?

Yeah, I do, who doesnt want to play 4D Halo? Fuck off OP and let it happen

This.. fuck having a desktop computer when I have one right inside my skull. Imagine being able to easily index every memory instead of having a huge folder full of them sloshing around in wetspace.

I'd chip in a heart beat, hell I'd even go for an earlier version with hopes of an upgrade.

Elon Musk is one of my role models as a businessman and entrepreneur myself. Don't talk shit about him.

>All of this is speculative fiction pipe dreams, these technologies aren't fucking feasible in any way.

It will only become feasible if it's developed. Anyway, it's not necessary to understand consciousness to develop some limited functionalities.

For example: Maybe we can put an electrode in certain areas of the memory portion of the brain to stimulate certain memories.

>i want implants in my brain.
>murican education

this guy gets it

No shit.
>not that guy
but both of those are so stupid they're not worth replying to. If you're going to post a stupid argument please expect a stupid reply.

>murican_education.torrent

>NEET unemployed Nomads:REEEEEE
Meanwhile my Netrunner ass will be so jacked up and running circles around you analog fags in the matrix while I coordinate a for-profit drone strike to gak you.

The New York times in the 1890s said that powered flight was 'millions of years away', and then 70 years later we landed on the moon. Granted people are overestimating the rate at which AI will advance, but don't underestimate the rate of advance either, seeing it within 100 years is not just feasible but likely.

this

another proof that even atheists need to adhere to some sort of cult to satisfy their spiritual needs

So Alex Jones was right again when he said that they want us to merge with machines? I'm getting tired of Alex being right

>Implying there are "memory portions" of the brain

>He doesn't know about the people who have had one half of their entire brains removed, and can still remember everything

>He types this message on his desktop computer while texting people from his Iphone

Wow alex jones must be psychic to know that somebody on earth would be interested in technology to improve human capacity.

>>He doesn't know about the people who have had one half of their entire brains removed, and can still remember everything

Doesn't this exactly imply that there are memory portions of the brain?

I.e. none of the memory portions got destroyed?

If memories were spread out everywhere, then destroyign some random part of the brain would destroy some random part of your memories.

Remove the other half, see how much they remember.

Don't tell the atheists will be using this to make God 'real', they might be afraid to jacked in after losing the argument so fucking hard.

Goddammit 311's in on it too?!?!

There is already a cure user: take the pink pill

You underestimate the determination of computer geeks. I'd certainly go for it as soon as it is reasonably safe and painless.

There's already a 'subculture' of people implanting shit in themselves at home with DIY kits and it's mostly useless gimmicky shit.

dangerousthings.com/
biohack.me/

There's definitely a demanding group of people who desperately want to be cyborgs.

You've seriously never heard of Propecia?

The brain is only electrical signals. I agree they don't fully understand how the brain and consciousness works but if they knew a little more I don't see how creating copy signals to communicate with the brain is so far fetched.

This is actually the worst possible idea in the history of humanity. This is vastly worse than nuclear weapons.

Holy fuck, no. Absolutely no. How can they not see how instantly horrific this will be. People will immediately weaponize this and use it to control peoples brains. Imagine your enemy "programming" your perceptions and experiences. Infinite torture, manipulation, enslavement.

This is an unbelievably, terribly foolish and dangerous idea.

>Mr. Musk what exactly do you wish to accomplish with this program?

>The one you knew as Elon Musk is no more WE ARE NEURALINK. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

No one had chips in their brains in star trek, well except the borg. No thanks completely unneccesary. I'll take the holodeck though.

And nerds are constantly hyped about him

"Ou, he will revolutionize the werld!"

"We will be supahumans!"

>baldness
purely aesthetic, a complete non-issue

So it's Elon who will create the Borg...great.

I'm ondy meds.. have zero issues

Is there any succesful business Elon started since his Paypal jackpot?

Tesla? Burns cash.
Solar? Burns cash.
Space X? Burns cash.
Hyperloop? I see better chances for Brianna Wu to become POTUS.
And now this shit.

>And I don't have the body size to just shave it off, so that's not an option.
How big are you (height, weight)?

The thing is we would go bankrupt paying 600 Billion on healthcare, but we get it all back if we spend it on military.

I'm sure a lot of rich old people or perverts would love to transfer their minds into younger bodies.

Imagine "Skippy" inside a blue-eyed, blonde, caucasian 10 year old girl's body.

>top scientists are afraid of ai

>i'll come up with implausible solution to imaginary problem for science cred

>Why doesn't this annoying guy, who is so smart by the way, find a cure for male pattern baldness.
it's already been cured, but only for good goy elites not you long pigs

He played mass effect andromeda

retard

Consider the usual testing site for social engineering: South Korea. They readily accept any new trend if it's enforced by the majority of consumers, just like any super-densely-populated area such as a major city. They also tolerate massive reconstructive surgery to help them fit in with their surgically-altered peers and meet men. This is often done at a very young age to ensure marriage.

Do you think an 18-year-old Korean girl would go out of her way to get a brain implant if it was the "new thing" expected of her? This is a good model for how it will spread. Now I can't imagine this sort of thing catching on in America but I can absolutely see it in urban parts of China, Africa, or South America. These places are already controlled by basically cartels that ignore the law, and particularly China will mass arrest certain minorities and harvest them for organs. If even some of them become an actual Human Hive it's not hard to imagine them forcibly converting rural people only to have them give it a glowing review and pretend nothing is wrong afterwards.

Even in America it's not far-fetched for something like this to happen in student organizations, corporate offices, or even the ghetto. From the perspective of a consumer it will look like they were convinced to get surgery rather than kidnapped or forced. They won't disagree afterwards. This is how it starts, and social norms is how it can spread. Social engineering is easy when you can manipulate people's feelings towards your product after the fact.

The real disgusting thing here is the fact that some people would go willingly, even knowing the risks, or even to try and disprove the "conspiracy theories." We already see that mindset among leftists today.