Why does Trump love coal so much?

Why does Trump love coal so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

eia.gov/coal/reserves/
washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/power-plants/
youtube.com/watch?v=5guXaWwQpe4
eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=27072
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the smoke is the side effect form making money.. the blacker, smokier the effects are, the more money you made. Lets make Earth a black smoky place for all of us to be rich! Fuck the animals and plants, I need money!

Makes the atmosphere look like a cool dystopian environment.

>Los Angeles 30 years ago

Because he's stupid
/thread

Why do you fucks enjoy cutting down your national park forests, so much so that your primary logging company IS the national park and forestry department.

trees grow back

The real question is
Why does your mom

Because a lot of his supporters come from a place where coal is the major industry and lifeblood of the community. I am a laid off coal miner so I know a thing or 2 about this

Because several key swing states: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, and Georgia had Appalachian coal mining communities that are out of work.

Telling those people that he'd put them back to work in the coal mines was a good way to get votes. It doesn't mean he'll make due on that promise, he just said what they wanted to hear. Coal isn't all that efficient as a fuel source. Its outdated, the coal mining jobs aren't coming back in droves.

Coal is natural, therefore coal is green energy. Prove me wrong.

sorry to burst your bubble but climate change has been occurring on earth for thousands and thousands of years and has nothing to do with man

It's here, and you can do cool shit with it.

eia.gov/coal/reserves/

just gotta make it cleaner?

America runs on coal, Americans work in coal, and Trump cares about Americans
By comparison Clinton hated coal and wanted to personally murder every American coal worker and replace them with shitskins

CLEAN coal

coal that gets scrubbed

CLEAN

Plus she specifically called out coal miners and said they was finished. That didn't go over very well here

Who cares. Most of us don't even go outside.

I think she thought she was in europe our something, lol.

You see user, here in the U.S. we have what are called "scrubbers". Giant facilities attached to the coal burning plants. It is essentially a giant filter cleaning the thick black smoke to where it's only Co2 and water vapor that comes out. Mexico China etc don't have these filters.

hes a narcissist and the only thing he loves more than mirrors is smoke and mirrors

I agree with your post - but he wasn't talking about that. He was talking about smog.

He doesn't really.

He's just playing politics. Politicians do that.

The dumb fucking hicks losing their jobs flattening mountain ranges and such think its because of Obama.

It's actually because there's a glut of cheap energy from fracking of natural gas.

Trump can't save coal or any of the dumb ass retarded fucking hicks that dig it up. Only fat fucking redneck comsumers think he can. And he's playing them for every penny.

I'm sure you know a lot of people from here being you are a leaf and opinion pretty much cares to nobody

I'm sure very good at you've putting in such a way together complex sentences that sense in English they make.

Truth is. I am probably more educated than you and my autocorrect made my sentence so retarded sounding but I guess I should have double checked it before my post since the Leaf grammar police is here

It's still very efficient when compared to that renewable energy garbage that gets like 25% efficiency

coal is still profitable and fuck the environment

washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/power-plants/

oh great I just realized I'm covered in nuclear power plants.

>I hate my opposition and demonize them: the post
When the US backtracked on coal usage in 2015 they made up for it by buying energy from China, who uses 4x the coal that we do (they are over 40% of the world's coal usage), and they DON'T use scrubbers. The "environmentally friendly" policies just outsource our coal usage to a country that doesn't scrub their coal to protect the environment.

By trying to "save the planet", these feel-good policies fucked the planet while hurting US jobs and helping China. It's nothing but bad. Trump is putting a stop to it.

is but a small component Your autocorrect of the overall picture you sound retarded which makes.

So he'll have enough money to pay the toll.

>coal miner
Kek was women studies too hard?

It's not a problem that climate changes
It's a problem when it happens and the ecosystem cannot adapt.
Ecosystem now cannot adapt
Because it happens too fast for biology to cope with

Therefore we should stop it or alow it

Do ya agree?

Putin wants him to come down on fracking so oil goes up and Russia can get its economy off the rocks.

Trump can't attack fracking until he frees coal.. remember he campaigned on energy independence.

After he frees coal and keeps a campaign promise he'll play up the harmful effects of fracking on the environment and will say it needs to be regulated because of climate change.

Screenshot this ,

Didn't offer them so I don't know.

Keystone popeline plays into this

>Trump like coal, so the price of oil goes back up and Putin gets rich
Is this your train of thought? Are you clinically retarded

Carbon is not destroying the atmosphere. Earth is a carbon star

That's a dirty lie

That's not what I Said
Did you read my post

It's biology bring too slow to adapt to changes that happen
Like dinosaurs
They didn't die cause of asteroid impact
They died because blocked sun meant no food chain for big guys.
Same deal

Sierra Club says "the future is dark and dirty"

Nice Try FSB Shill.

Just to make clear, this is the most educated post ITT

Coal isn't going to make a comeback, it just can't compete with natural gas

That is a sandstorm.
Coal mining facilities are some of the cleanest looking places I've ever been.
Try traveling to northern Wyoming and tell me it's dirty.

>travel to norther Wyoming

I'm going to pass

At this moment coal is the primary source of electricity production in the states. Oil is almost exclusive used for transportation.

How does fracking or the keystone pipeline raise the price of oil at all?

Who's blocking the sun now? Al Gore, right? Didn't he think he was gonna "cool" the earth by darkening the atmosphere?

Green tech is too shit to use wide scale effectively right now and nuclear is a hard sell for normies and down right impossible for leftists because of muh spooky chernobyl and the simpsons. That pretty much leaves coal as the only viable energy source until green stuff isn't garbage or people actually read up on nuclear power.

Oil isn't the only product of hydrologic fracturing, natural gas is too. You know, coal's main competition today.

Wyoming is fucking beautiful.

>smog that can cause breathing issues and birth defects is natural and ok

That is how dumb you climate change deniers sound

No such thing. That's like saying you can get """"clean"""" nickel smelting.

Acid rain used to be so bad in Sudbury that it stripped the paint off your car, and you could sue Inco to get it repainted. The rocks are all blackened from the toxic fumes, and places like Happy Valley became ghost towns due to nickel smelting.

They have scrubbers in the Super Stack now(second tallest smoke stack in the world) but we still send their pollution down to Detroit.

Why go into an industry with negative growth, though

Wyoming is all the land Colorado passed on, user

Pollution isn't the same as climate change. Nomatter which way you cut it large coal plants are not good for the people and animals who have to live near them

Problem with fracking is that you need the price of gas/oil to be high enough for it to be viable. By loosening regulation on coal, you can't frack.

Unless that's what he's getting at, but it seems a bit convoluted to raise oil prices.

first post most accurate possible post

This isn't Chernobyl, this is near Sudbury, ON.

Also known as Scudzbury. This is what too much pollution does.

Because it's only decent paying job in my area to raise kids. I actually have a computer networking degree but I grew up here, my family is here, own my house, no crime or blacks. Just wanted my children to be raised here, but the drawback is definitely there is not much opportunity here

Because shitty forest logging management practices lead to raging unnaturally strong forest fires that destroy man and nature alike so you might want to keep an eye on that?

Keep shilling Ivan. A quick google search will answer all your shilly questions

youtube.com/watch?v=5guXaWwQpe4

Ok, so pollution is not effecting the rest of the planet, just the people who live near it. I can agree with you on that

It's black retard.

Because retards incapable of adapting therefor have no future work in coal. Retards incapable of adapting who have no futures voted Trump.

>educate yourself since I can't formulate a coherent argument

your new is showing

Trump is playing politics with those dumbass coal states that voted for him. Trump knows 100% that coal jobs aren't coming back.

well that depends on what you define as near. I know from expierance that agricultural runoff is responsible for a lot of the algae blooms infecting the great lakes. in that case the near is an area of several hundred square miles.
Using the example of the lake we also have invasive zebra mussles which are so prevelant theres literally beaches of their shells peppering the shores. Pollution is a fucking horrible byproduct of society. Obviously we cant completly correct it but I would hate to have my kids not growing up to appreciate nature and the outdoors like I did with my dad.
this user makes a good point

How many kids do you have?

Honestly, I am curious.

National parks are protected, ergo national and ergo park.

The U.S. Logging industry is the most sustainable on earth, since firms here understand the importance of leaving trees for the next generation.

Real question is why doesn't he love nuclear?

The more carbon we get into the air, the more can be absorb by trees.

Thus putting all those dead forests (coal/carbon) back in air and up for grabs means that in time they will make earth great again.

2 teenagers. They have all their teeth and I am also not their cousin or uncle

Coal got out-competed by natural gas. Trump pandered to coal because of muh jobs.

haha. ok.

fair enough. I hope it goes well for you.

Thanks user

They also reseed. There are more trees on the continent than any other period of recorded history. Forest management is a thing, and we've gotten really good at it. And, we limit logging, which is why contractors had to use chinese wood (which is shit) in the housing boom.

If the South American governments would stop giving rain forest to people to farm, and adopted our standards and programs, we could solve the eradication of the rain forest in our lifetime.

The US doesn't get any credit for it's successes, like the forest management, saving species to the point of removing them from the endangered lists, and generally cleaning up from the "throw it out of the window and forget" 70's. LA's air is still bad, but it's not nearly as bad as in the 70's.

the real question is why does almost everyone not like hydro?

Nobody else in the world but BC uses it as their primary power source

>mine the coal
>sell to China Korea Veitnam etc
It's what we do around where I live. He should have them sell the coal and have initiatives for finding other minerals so that new jobs can be created. Probably not super difficult to move a miner from mining coal to mining other minerals

The whole world runs on coal. We're still a net exporter of coal, we import a small amount compared to the bulk of what we sell other countries. Most of it goes to the Netherlands, and sold to EU and other countries.

Kill coal, kill exports. That's why Trump loves coal.

Wait can you still get your car stripped like that? My car needs a new paint job the paint is old and starting to flake off. Would be nice if I could have it repainted for free

Most hydro plants are pretty small.

he is an old man, an old times wanabe,thats why.
he would suck mexican cock to became Winston Churchill.

It's the best fuel for ovens.

Any of you guys Eder heard of the Powder River Basin?

The North Antelope Rochelle coal mine in the Powder River Basin of Wyoming, US, is currently the world's largest coal mine by reserve. The mine was estimated to contain more than 2.3 billion tonnes of recoverable coal as of December 2012. The mine is owned and operated by Peabody Energy."

Dude. Canada exports coal to China, which is the worst country for coal pollution in the world. Fracking has nothing to do with it, natural gas doesn't work in coal fired furnaces for electricity production, which is THE most common use for coal. The prices are down because of the Paris Accord, which limits the use of coal, and China buying less, especially for Canada.

Typical leaf - all mouth, no facts. In fact, you're probably not even Canadian, because a real Canadian would know coal is important to their economy and electric production.

But you keep posting about "dumb hicks", it's woking so well for you.

because it's understandable for the working class

Coal is efficient compared to solar and wind though.

>What's a charcoal filter
leaf education

Are you guys fracking it up a bunch over there too or has Trudea got you cucked down too. hard?

Nope, natural gas and coal are about the same, for the US.

eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=27072

it's a matter of time. last year was the first time that the UAE exported solar energy cheaper than it did oil energy. Granted it was only for a short time that the prices went that way, but still, they're getting there

>Coal is efficient compared to solar and wind though.
What about the hidden costs that come with negative health effects and environmental damage?

When BC decided we would use hydroelectric as our primary and eventually only electricity source we decided we would also export our coal and made the nescesary changes in Vancouver for exporting coal from rail. The only coal miners that ever go unemployed here are when the mine runs out of coal. Fact is the Asian countries and the third world won't be getting off coal anytime soon especially for smelting

Limited number of places to do it, it doesn't scale well, and the environmentalists have made new hydro plants pretty much a no-go, because a dam would threaten a slug.

Look at Lake Oroville, and the dam all of you NEETs were jerking off over. It supplies basically Oroville. There aren't that many valleys with rivers that would make good hydroplants in the state. The libs would lose their mind if that many dams were made, to just power the state, let alone the grid. And, what do you do in a drought? Heavy industry requires reliable energy, thus coal and gas fired plants, and nukes.

That wasn't the point, the point was, Canada's coal production is important to their economy, as it is the for the US, and it's not just "saving jobs for retard hicks".

So yeah trump should set up an export program for coal. Best way to get the miners back to work

>but it's dirty and violates our regulations
We still export asbestos here even though it's illegal everywhere but the third world. Who gives a fuck if the chinks are under 10ft of smog and choking? One less chink is always a good thing

Exactly

Problem is many in the US don't see anything for coal besides feeding it into a nearby electric plant for use at home

Back to r/politics faggot

Coal is vital to a plethora of other industries from rail to mining to steel to coke and many more. People have to build and maintain these systems, design them, sell the equipment and so forth. Its a vital part of the economy. Literally the building blocks of the things you need to build huge infrastructure projects and create an accessible middle class occupation that does not require a degree and massive debt. This is exactly why (((they))) got rid of those jobs and why (((they))) try to discourage people from taking up the occupations with so much negative propaganda.

>that many dams
BC actually did make that many dams though and it did and still does piss off leftists because muh natives. They're trying to shut down a dam project called site C which when completed will be the third dam on the same river. Our goal now is to get it completed to the point of no return incase the leftists are elected in May they can't shut it down. I just revel in the leftard butthurt because deep down they know the only non polluting energy source that will ever power anything on a large scale other than fusion which is a long way off if even possible is hydro

Drought isnt a huge problem for us because we're a mountainous land with guarantees of snowfall