What is the consensus on Sup Forums regarding the internet privacy bill?

What is the consensus on Sup Forums regarding the internet privacy bill?

Personally I feel betrayed by the Republican party. Why aren't there any posts about this?

Gonna be honest here user, nu-Sup Forums couldn't give a rats ass about this bill. Personally this bill bothers me a lot. I think the best thing we can do is limit our use of internet or use it for productive things.

>be murican
>be sold to corporations
LAND
OF
FREE

People will defend it because to go against trump or the republicans is a sin, no matter how retarded it is. The hoops people will jump through to defend something retarded is laughable.

>bro they've been doing this for years
>i don't care, as long as it pisses leftists off it's worth it
>nothing to hide, nothing to fear

Fucking laughable.

I am convinced that we had a major impact on the elections last year. Leftcucks can't stop the Republicans from abusing the power we gave them. We have a responsibility to not allow them to go unchecked. We must not become the shills that we claim to hate.

Holy shit, an actually thread of political relevance on Sup Forums? I'm surprised

Even if Trump has good intentions which I believe he does, that will never stop the cuckery of the rest of the government. Trump may be in office but the Gov is still very much in control of it's constant owners.

It's bad for everyone.

Trumpanzees would let someone shit in their mouths as long as a liberal had to smell it

>we must not become the shills we claim to hate
>sjws
>use diversificationed anime and other pictures to push their agenda
>pol
>use weeb images as sockpuppets to push conservative agenda
>sjws
>want to silence anyone who disagrees with them and enforce sensorship
>pol
>wants to do the same thing to if not murder "degenerates"

you never were any different.
protip. if you don't like what the OP posted, the thing you should have done was make love with the left, and had a mixed "political" baby that wouldn't kow tow to either sides' fucking nonsense.

instead you hated them and they hated you and you used eachothers hate to drive people to even more extremes in order to fight each other.

Does hating something immediately mean you don't understand it and have never tried? Your opinion is one bred from ignorance of the board culture like all before you who stated that Sup Forums was no different from the safespace of Tumblr.

It is like when the question 2+2=? is asked and someone answers 5. He is quickly proven wrong and told to leave as he won't take note of the facts. Then people such as yourself come along and all us bigots because we tell him to fuck off again when he comes back yet repeating the answer 5.

> Why aren't their any posts on this

Nobody cares about politics on Sup Forums. It's fucking terrible, but more fuel for the fire to flip the house come 18 at least. Fuck this country is doomed.

All the officials in my state are against it. The rest of you fuckers are ruining this for us don't blame this on me

I'm working on being a bridge. Most of my friends are lefties, but I've been on here for years. I believe in balance and responding to the needs of society at the time as opposed to unchanging ideology.

But the honest to god truth is that it's exhausting. No matter how polite I am, it just pisses off most people.

I think there literally needs to be a cultural phenomenon that both sides like. An amazing movie, and new band- something. There's no shared ground anymore and that's the biggest obstacle.

>Durr ur wrong its math
no dumbass thats the thing, you are insisting ?+?=5 and insisting it's the facts
when in reality the numbers you are dealing with are nothing more than abstractions that are divorced from reality and the context theyre applied in.

keep up the good fight. I am a woman and one of my closest friends thinks we should not be allowed to vote. I am able to appreciate how fucking ass blasted and retarded people seem to get these days over differences and refuse the common ground. it isn't easy but you can do it if you don't let your knee reflexes rule you, and they can too if they really try. sand may refuse any fucking structure you try to build on it but with enough heat you can turn it into glass. lets hope people from different walks of life are the same way and that heat is friendship.

Honestly, just use a VPN. It circumvents the problem of your ISP even having your browsing history to sell to begin with.

Sure, it's possible that the VPN is just selling your data, but I think it's far less likely than your ISP doing so, for the simple reason that it would destroy their business overnight if such a thing ever got leaked/revealed. They wouldn't take on that kind of extreme risk when they already have a working business model in the first place.

It has been sad to see people just giving in and being like "well I guess privacy doesn't matter anymore anyway! Nothing to hide, nothing to fear!" Just living proof that 1776 will never commence again if people are this complacent about having every single thing they do spied on

Except in the field of history, it is shown that the methods they intend to use are directly responsible for the fall of places such as the great roman empire. Even if you believe the world is subjective, there are objectively better ways to go about things than others. Are you some kind of fag who thinks Sup Forums is racist because it want's to be?

>Durr it was responsible for da hurp da durp
are you retarded? where did this topic even come from, we where talking about political diviciveness and how you use the same tactics to censor and control as the fascist left you pretend to despise.

as for some kind of fag that thinks pol is racist because it wants to be?

have you met your own species lately? Humans love finding some way to be above others. so yes, you do, and that's obvious, and not special in any way either.

why do you think reverting to October 2016 levels of internet privacy will effect anyone's life at all?

You people realize this is just undoing a last minute Obama admin action, right?

Was surfing the web from 1995-2016 really such a breach of privacy?

There goes whatever little privacy you had Sup Forums. Good luck finding a job when your potential shill ((boss)) finds out all the shit you posted online. Oh wait you prefer being neets anyway.

Why are Americans so retarded?

It's a step in the wrong direction. Simple as that.

Damn, it's a shame liberals didn't care about privacy when they were extending parts of the PATRIOT ACT or sneaking shit into the NDAA. Both sides are hypocrites, neither of them give a fuck about privacy when they're in power. Realistically though, what can I do? Can anyone recommend a good VPN?

>Censorship
When has Sup Forums by definition censored anything or changed say an art piece like a videogames freedom of expression because of it's views? When have we gotten people fired for simply saying a word? When has Sup Forums prevented the speech of something?

You can say whatever you want here and will not be banned, but people who don't like your opinion have every right to tell you to fuck off. Freedom of speech does not mean guaranteed support.

>When has Sup Forums by definition censored anything or changed say an art piece like a videogames freedom of expression because of it's views? When have we gotten people fired for simply saying a word? When has Sup Forums prevented the speech of something?
dog are you retarded, you morons want to gas and kill anyone you deem degernate, many of you don't think women should be allowed to vote. just because you cant enforce those things in all places does not mean you wouldn't do it if you could.

>They don't already do all of this
Better VPN up anons

>Why aren't there any posts about this?
Because it's just another democrat and media lie. The republicans are just repealing the FCC rules Obama put in place to censor conservative news in the future. They are moving the rule set to a non censoring entity, the FTC. They want to create a straight forward ruleset on the entire issue instead of just leaving it up to an unaccountable leftist riddled shit agency like the FCC.

>falling for VPN scare tactics
Better give your shekels to VPN companies

that makes sense

Sup Forums is not one person and while it's certain that many people fit your description, it's by no means a consensus. Seriously just lurk more, it's obvious you haven't been here more than a few days at most and don't understand anything about the board culture

Also tits or gtfo, bitch

so i should start being a good boy online now or is it already too late?

Sup Forums is not one person.

Why would Russian shills from the Putin oligarchy respect privacy?