Victoria succeeds in filling half of paid public board jobs with women

Women now hold half of all paid positions on public boards in Victoria and the private sector is being encouraged to follow suit.
In March 2015, the State Government announced a target for 50 per cent of public board positions to be filled by women, the figure was 38 per cent at the time.
The latest figures from February 2017 showed of the 2,925 paid public board positions, 1,459 were occupied by women.
Fiona Richardson, the Victorian Minister for Women, said setting a target led to the sharp increase in female representation on boards.
>The numbers prove, once and for all, that targets work. We must be bold in setting goals for women who struggle for an equal share in the decision making process," she said
Ms Richardson urged the private sector to follow the Government's lead and said they would reap the benefits.
"We know as a Government and we know as a community if we can have boards and companies that reflect the wider community we'll get better decision making, better profitability," she said.
She said private companies were realising the benefits of having more diversity, citing BHP Billiton's goal to have women make up half of its workforce by 2025.

>it doesnt make sense that one sexist exhibit of male privilege coincides with another sexist exhibit of male privilege.

ok

nice flag
stop parodying pol to make them look bad

sage

>inb4 VS files for bankruptcy

It's called alimony.

Now watch as their customer and product quality goes to shit

God, I hate cucktoria so fucking much.

I'm not a feminist, but that's a dumb argument that assumes capitalist businessmen always work in their best interest. Real world people are irrational and are wrong about things all the time.If you really really hate women for whatever reason, you aren't necessarily going to hire them to save 23% on salaries. And if you didn't hate women, but believed for whatever reason they are incompetent, you would probably pay them less even if in actuality they were equally competent as men.

You're so fat. Here capitalists would hire Syrians to do IT work for pennies if they could.

victoria as in the state of victoria in australia, not victoria secret

>The latest figures from February 2017 showed of the 2,925 paid public board positions, 1,459 were occupied by women.
1459 * 2 = 2918

There are 7 MORE males than females being allowed into these positions! These racist swine need to be brought down a peg.

Sorry, sexist***. Would be keen on the racial breakdown too though desu.

Will this actually mean it will be harder for me to get a job because I have a dick? In the past I've applied to places that ask for intimate details like my sexual orientation, religious beliefs (one place even asked for a summary of my political views) which is obviously for diversity.

They say that it increases the chances for minorities and women while not lowering mine but that doesn't seem to make sense. If I as a white catholic heterosexual male have similar or even slightly better qualifications compared to a woman with aboriginal heritage I'm probably not gonna get the job am I?

Anyway always excited to hear about my state on here, you have to admit though our police don't take shit from antifa and other leftists.

>ask for intimate details
in person or on paper? if it's in person just stare at them blankly and give them a slight smirk for a few seconds, and if they say they're serious just ask if it has anything to do with the job. if they say no, decline to answer. those are personal questions.

if it's on paper, for sexual orientation just go "it's complicated", religious beliefs just go "N/A", if they ask for political views just say you don't really care about politics.

and as for the aboriginal thing... just mark yourself own as aboriginal anyway. if they ask for the name of your tribe or whatever, just say "Oh, I get my aboriginal blood through my father and, um, his mother... Well, it's complicated..." and wait until they dump the subject.

Victoria - stopped reading

kys OP

Sage

But in order to stop the self perpetuating loop and give equal opportunities you have to intervene and force diversity, otherwise it won't happen from its own.

Nah only on paper thankfully, as for sexual orientation, religious beliefs and political views I can give those sort answers but there is the potential that they would view my application negatively because I didn't give staright answers. I can't really prove they would do that but there's certainly nothing stopping them from doing so.

As for the Aboriginal thing I'm as pale as you can get and my surname is Slavic, nobody would believe me lol.
Yeah true, but you don't want to force it so hard that you hire on basis of identity over qualifications and potentially screw yourself over.

>As for the Aboriginal thing I'm as pale as you can get and my surname is Slavic, nobody would believe me lol.
it's racist to judge somebody's race on their skin color, mate.

Better tell that to our friendly neighbourhood SJWs

sure, what's their address? i'm sure your lawyer can send over a nice letter :^)

I bet as it goes over 50% women there will NEVER be an effort to bring it back to 50% men.

>people who literally live to make money would overlook something as important as saving 20% on one of the largest expenses you have when running a business because humans are irrational

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

*POOT* POOT* POOT