Jared Diamond, Germs, Guns, and Steel

This guy is a total fucking cuck. Sup Forums has been telling me to read this book, germs guns and steel for a long time.

I just began researching this today, and discovered this is the most bluepilled shit I have ever seen.

>all races are equal
>europeans are smart because their geography made it easy for them to grow food
>europeans were smart because cows and sheep
>europeans conquered people by accident with germs

Basically this guys arguments boil down to that it was pure luck, and that europeans had it easier than the other races, and that all races are equal, provided they all have cows, good crops and metal.

He doesn't seem to think that the reason europeans had that shit in the first place is because they were smart.

Also this part is the best
>eskimoes killed the vikings

It's basically a liberals take on history, while he tries to explain why the reason for european domination, without mentioning the fact that most of the other races had very low i.q.'s and were stuck in the stone age.

His only reason for white mans success, is as the title hints, germs guns and steel, but he doesn't explain why europeans were the only ones to master those things, he just chalks it all up to luck.

Is this guy a fucking retard?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence#Health_and_nutrition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bighorn_sheep
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Diamond
youtube.com/watch?v=aBXEvHv3Vjs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

LEAF
E
A
F

Well he is not wrong about environmental conditions shifting evolution. Europeans were hardier (Both physically and mentally) than others due to the environment (Harsh winters forced them to devise different diets and conserve and ration resources). They also had access to fish which promoted brain growth due to the omega 3 acids allowing more efficient blood flow to it.

Raising and rearing cattle and livestock came after the initial period of intellectual evolution.

>dude, cows and lots of luck, lmao

what the fuck, this guy is a retard. It's just some leftists dodging the whole low i.q. thing. And glossing over facts. Europe had the harshest winters of all the geographies. Of all the civilizations europeans had to overcome some crazy shit. Not many races had to deal with giant ass bears, wolves, and cougars. He doesn't mention predation as a selector at all.

He doesn't cite the harsh winters at all, instead he states the opposite. That europeans had it easy which freed up time to spend experimenting and thinking about new jobs.

This is horseshit. If that's the case, every human living in the tropics should have had empires.

Its an absurd theory but he's quite brilliant, to argue something that bats, that well, takes a genius level intelligence. Like most motivated reasoners he tells a hell of a lot of half-truths/outright lies

He probably speaks of later Europeans, he didn't do his research properly about environmental conditions. He speaks of the Agricultural revolution, not of the conditions before it because that would destroy his own argument with contradictions. The only reason the Agricultural revolution occurred for Europeans was because they developed intellect beforehand.

HUGELY FUCKING IMPORTANT

They're starting the "GENETICS ARE RANDOM CHANCE" "CANCER IS RANDOM CHANCE" "EVERY OUTCOME IS RANDOM CHANCE" shit right now

but they're saying "america and europe are special places, geographically, and now every shitskin should live there

THEY NEVER STOP

WE HAVE TO KEEP FIGHTING THIS

we freed up time after we CREATED THE MOTHER FUCKING AGRARIAN REVOLFUCKINGLUTION BECAUSE WE CREATED TECHNOLOGY TO DOMESTICATE AND CROP ROTATION SCIENCE AND SHIT BECAUSE WE'RE NOT NIGGERS

/pol telling you to read this? maybe to know your opposition, this is known leftoid propaganda

Indeed, this is what really irked me from the beginning. I know for a fact that other races had access to beasts of burden and metal working. But he seems to talk like white people are the equivalent of a race of homer simpsons, accidentally DOMINATING the planet with 10 - 1 odds.

Frankly our own dominance is something that is inherent in almost all living things seeking to propagate itself. The difference between Europeans and those descended from them and the rest is the efficiency at how they develop.

All it boils down to is the Limbic system, the self and species preservation center of the brain. Altruism and rationing leads to a greater reward because it means more resources.

Environmental determinism is better than total equality at least. (((Diamond))) has gotten criticism from the Left for even suggesting in any sense that the West is superior to random Papuan tribe #17, even if it's nothing genetic in nature.

It's still trash though and I have no idea why anyone on Sup Forums would recommend it to you. You would have known this already though if you followed the HBD blogosphere where Diamond gets eviscerated regularly.

Hasn't his book been debunked numerous times already?

I always think of it like this
>other races make a discovery, keep it to themselves and their family, try to become rich
>whitey makes a discovery and thinks to himself, how can I kill people with this?

I'd rather take "shitskins" with greater intelligence and ethics than you.

t. Cuck

Low IQ or rather high IQ is an evolutionary trait that was born out of necessity to survive in a harsh and changing environment. The book is actually redpilled, only written in a way to be accepted by the bluepilled minority

The tropics are way harder to live in desu, far more diseases which are harmful to humans and many domestic animals which you need to build a working civilisation.

It's not all about environment it's about having access to crops and domestic animals and places like the Americas and Australia didn't have them and many places like the tropics of Africa couldn't support animals like horses with out them dying

Artist's impression of what breivik will look like when he gets out of prison.

How does this guy explain non-European civilizations in Asia, Northern Africa and Mesopotamia?

corn and potatoes (two of the most common crops) come from the americas (not to mention many other crops).

they may have slightly lacked in the animal dept (they didn't manage to domesticate bison, which held them back)

But that's just it, his whole argument hindges on little thinks like livestock and metallurgy. Without explaining how those things came to be in the first place. He basically glosses over the Sumerians and jumps a thousand years ahead to Europeans. As we know, the middle east is not Europe.

What are zebras?

iodine deficiency
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence#Health_and_nutrition

They mostly hunted animals. Mostly due to the fact that there was a LOT of game to hunt. As long as they could kill animals for meat, they wouldn't go hungry as easily.

>jared diamond

wasting your time on a filthy kike's anti-gentile propaganda

>Sup Forums has been telling me to read this book
What? We shit on this book constantly, it is complete horseshit cover-to-cover. Almost everything is totally wrong.

>"The Americas had no grain crops"
Besides massive amounts of beans (a pseudo-grain) and corn (a literal grain), both of which are massively nutritious and easy to farm, corn being an arguably superior crop to most of the European grains. They also had the benefit of having potatoes, one of the hardiest and most nutrient-dense vegetables on the face of the Earth, yet it wasn't until whites got their hands on them that they started being farmed and eaten en masse and their potential as a staple crop was fully realized. Were natives simply too stupid to understand that potatoes were massively nutritious? Were they too stupid to grow corn on the scale that we grew wheat? Why is it that whites had to do all these things?

>"Africa has no domesticable animals"
Meanwhile whites were able to tame wild horses, wild boars, wild bulls and fucking wolves without trouble, yet Africans can not even tame a single fucking goat, of which there are COUNTLESS species native to Africa. Goats are one of the most easily domesticated and were one of the first domesticated species in the ancient world yet Africans, surrounded by goats of all sorts, could not tame any. There are many other examples but I find this one the most notable. There are also goats and sheep native to the Americas, go fucking figure en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bighorn_sheep

And it just goes on and on, falsehood after falsehood until you finish the book. It is almost entirely fabricated, the entire thing.

Some douchebag suggested me to get this books at chapters, bought it , cringed through a few pages and returned it the next day. The hoop jumping, imaginary bridge building to make a claim is just fucking retarded.

was really disappointed desu, thought I would learn some shit.

This so-called scientist is either willfully ignorant or retarded.

>researches book instead of reading it

He's still very much hated by the left because he states there are inequalities atm.

The dogma of the left is that everyone is equal and that any differences are going to even out in the long-run. Jared Diamond is against this, thus, hated.

You can't domesticate zebras like horses yes I know they just look like horses but trust me they act nothing like horses

So you don't think lacking a animal like the horse wouldn't limit a civilisation? Horses didn't really stop being useful to the First World War

He includes North Africa with Eurasia, yes the book isn't perfect but fucking hell I swear most of the autist here haven't even read it.

>ctrl+f jew
>no results

>would you like to hear about our lord and savior, the papua new guineases

>he thinks horses were always the way they are now

Horses were domesticated. They used to be deer looking mother fuckers.

Every domesticated animal is so different from it's wild ancestors that it's a whole new species.

I think it has to do with "WHY" whites were able to domesticate so many animals.

I love how he just touches on sumerians. Sumerians died out because they didn't irragate their shit properly and their fields filled up with salt. So how did a dead civilization impart those traits to a separate race, 1000 years into the future?

It was the romans who civilized whites, whites uplifted themselves. Not muslims. So much bullshit.

>Africa is the most fertile continent
>full of retards
(((Diamond))) btfo.

>Europe had the harshest winters of all the geographies.
If that's a base by which to judge the development of intelligence then Native Americans would be the smartest of all people since their climate is pretty fucking tough.

>You can't domesticate zebras

*blacks can't domesticate zebras

Or the alternative theory that our environment made us smarter than other races. You know like literally evolution

I guess you have a point there, the whole thing is basically a retards view on history.

>Native Americans had a tough climate

You must be Native American

If you're here, you won't think that for much longer

t. reformed cuck

Come to /his, everyone hates him because he's not qualified, is racist whilst also says races are only superior because of luck

That includes what is now alaska and canada.

Only thing this book says that makes any sense is spread of information and knowledge. If you are isolated then you don't get any benefit from other peoples ideas. The rest is a pile of bullshit

>Jared Copper

>Jared Diamond
>Diamond was born in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. Both of his parents were from East European Jewish families who had emigrated to the United States.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Diamond

Every time.

/his/ is really full of cucks too? I can understand /lit/, but the study of history is the study of europeans beating the shit out of everyone. jesus

I believe Africans couldn't domesticate animals well because the tsetse nigger fly makes animals incredibly lazy and unproductive. So from there, civilization has a hard time getting off the ground. They have much less horsepower to work with. All their energy output is coming from humans. Energy is the lifeblood of civilization, its everything

Breivik is going to have a statue built in his honor if we pull through this. Mark me words, roach.

His argument was not "all humans are equal."

His argument was "all humans developed in unequal geographies, which makes them inherently unequal. While these inequalities exist, it has more to do with one's surroundings than it does genetics."

With a name like Diamond why would you be surprised?

youtube.com/watch?v=aBXEvHv3Vjs

Yes, European colonials literally committed one of the worst genocides in human history by accident. Small pox killed millions of natives and the Europeans just didn't know that it was their fault. Colonizing would have been much harder if all the natives weren't dropping like flies.

one's surroundings are one's genetics you fucking moron.

"this funnel-web spider eats more flies than other spiders, it must be because the structure of this web!"

ignoring that the SPIDER CREATES THE WEB CREATES THE FUCKING SPIDER REEEEE

>Jared Diamond
>Jared Gold
>Jared Silver
>Jared Bronze
>Jared copper
>Jared Calcium
>Jared Argon
>Jared Sodium
>Jared Lithium
>Jared Helium
>Jared Hydrogen
>Jared Proton
>Jared Down Quark
>Jared One Dimensional String Vibration

Historians are as a group every bit as ultra left wing blue pilled as any other part of humanities and even they disavow Diamond and find his work silly and unprofessional.
Even the reddit historians club treats him with open contempt.
That should tell you something.

>romans civilized whites

Plenty of romans were white, though. And both Gaul and Britain were perfectly civilized when Rome conquered them.

>Is this guy a fucking retard?
take another look at that snout

>liberals now seriously adopting the Pure Coincidence meme

Black African used to live in small tribes and they never ran out of food in the tropics. Lots of big animals to hunt, lots of monkeys, lots of fruit.

No reason to farm or horde food... because they could eat anything. They'd occasionally get eaten by a Leopard.

Snow people had to horde food and land because food and resources were scarce. Only those good at counting and planning ahead survived.

Over time they got tired of taking natures bullshit and started wage war against nature itself. They started domesticating animals and plants.

North American Indians had big animals to hunt and eat.

The ones who got to Mexico and went further south adopted agricultural and civilized lifestyles because all the animals got tiny and even though the climate was tropical... there wasn't a lot of human compatible food until they got to the Amazon jungle.

Oh yeah, Aztecs had to harvest spirulina (pond scum) and domesticate salamanders, turkeys because the area was protein poor. They needed meat for their Eurasian bodies but found it hard to find. They also shrank in size because of lack of red meat... went from whitish to Mexican.

nice

Thanks for helping me to discover this book op gonna download the audiobook.

not sure where you're going with this since i'm pretty sure everybody here would encourage you to read it, especially because they don't agree with it.

But Sup Forums thinks the book is stupid. It gets debunked every time someone post about it on here.

Never ever seen someone recommend this book.

>Sup Forums has been telling me to read this book, germs guns and steel for a long time
OP is a faggot. He's also a liar.

the book is nothing other than propaganda. That's why its available everywhere, including airport bookstores.

>This guy is a total fucking cuck
What did you expect?
His main interest is bird watching. Look it up, faggots. He says so himself.

Like Dawkins (biologist) he talks extensively about a subject he doesn't fully understand.

I love the fact that this thread will always keep on happening.

I don't even mind the same arguments being retread, because there are always more minds that need to be uncucked from this nonsense.

there is literally nothing wrong with bird watching or any nature related hobby

Jared Diamond's arguments made me a bit skeptical, and my teacher in middle school showed us students the documentary version as part of an assignment. I couldn't find one hard evidence that supported what I had to do: Find evidence to support his claims. I had argued that if it all was based on luck, there would have to be something else as well. I'm happy someone else noticed that argument.

(((Jared Diamond)))

It's just typical leftist tactical nihilism. Everything just sort of happens. He goes so far as to say that Europeans succeeded because of the environment they 'happened' to be in, then claims that this has no effect on the people who evolved in that environment. He claims Europeans had it easy, and that's why they became dominant, when that is the exact opposite of how selection pressure works. It's beyond stupid, he is making shit up on purpose because he is a shifty Jew fuck.

It's one of tumblr's favourite books to make it even worse

Literally the only reason Sup Forums hates this book is because it doesn't simply history with "LOL AFRICANS R DUMB XD".

I have never seen a rational argument on here against it(usually it involves people not knowing that taming=/= domesticating.)

>>eskimoes killed the vikings
REEEEEEEE

I like watching curling on TV.
But I don't take that as an excuse to lecture and write books about international politics.
It's dabbling in some entirely different field of knowledge and claiming you know it all that I criticize.

>Sup Forums has been telling me to read this book, germs guns and steel for a long time.

pol told you that? WAAT

(((Jared Diamond)))

There are literally dozens of arguments against it in this very thread, the best example being his weird idea that life was easier and it was easier to grow crops in Europe.

The opposite is true. Aside from the desert areas, Africa is the most resource rich and easy to farm area on the earth.

To be fair, his premise is interesting, but a lot of his historical evidence is simply false. I do believe that environmental challenges and regional resources attributed to advancement in other cultures, but really what did it was the general ideology of the advancing population.

You know he's a hack as even /his/ hates his book.

His book has an element of truth to it, but being a typical libtard he pushes it way beyond what is reasonable and uses it as an all-explanatory phenomena so he can feel better about non-European peoples and their achievements (or absence of).

It's like epigenetics doesn't exist in their minds

>africa doesn't have access to seafood
>this retard-tier epigenetics
>africans dont meet essential nutrient requirement for hundreds of thousands of years, despite having abundant resources
thanks /r/science, very interesting find. i fucking love science too

I swear to god, CGP grey said this exact shit, but he never addressed how "they look like horses on the outside, but they aren't really like horses on the inside" doesn't apply to humans. If you can believe that about zebras, then what is stopping you from saying the same thing about niggers?

The guys a fucking KIKE, what the hell did you expect?

Why do conservatives need to call anyone smarter than them "cucks"?

Topkek, the Ordos (now China/Mongolia) gave birth to literally every Steppe conqueror. It has infinitely harsher winters than Europe.

>he doesn't explain why europeans were the only ones to master those things

Sweet baby jesus your reading comprehension is dogshit. I'm not even going to try to educate you on this because you clearly cannot fucking read.

>Almost everything is totally wrong.

Surely you have accredited, academic sources detailing how these theories are totally wrong. Surely.

>europeans are smart because their geography made it easy for them to grow food

6 months of lock down ice age winters are not 'easy to grow food'. Europeans are smart because they evolved the planning skills necessary to think into the future and conceptualize how to survive for 6 months out of the year when nothing grows.

compare that to temperate climates where food is available all fucking year

It is a purposeful desire to strip westerners of any reason to be proud of their ancestry and heritage (while pummeling them with Holocaust documentaries at school to make them feel ashamed)