Burial vs. Cremation

Which method is the least degenerate? How would you want your remains handled? Would you want a funeral and if so what kind?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryonics
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pwCgBhvck8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wen dat kush hit XD

We're running out of land to bury people, so cremation seems like the logical way to go.

Cremation is superior. It's usually cheaper and it's better to burn then to slowly rot in the ground.

Are viking funerals still a thing? That's how I want to go out.

I'm dead so I don't care. Throw my carcass into the forest for nature to devour.

I want to be frozen and shot into space where I can be resurrected by alien tech

Oh Lord. Please tell me that this is fake.

I'm christian and donating to science. Soul and body are separate

Don't really care just give my body 30mins for full brain death to happen, none of this "oh he's dead, harvest the cunts organs" fuck off their mine i'm keeping them.

that's so disrespectful I can't imagine anyone smiling next to their dead grandpa and treating his dead body like that

Cremation is inconsistent with my goal of my bones going in display in a museum in 10,000 years under the display label of "Sup Forums Man".

I want to be cryogenicly frozen so they can cure whatever was killing me in the future.

You think the millennial oversharing disease is a joke?

They literally cannot go 10 minutes without posting their private lives. They have no sense of privacy for anyone, especially others. This is the generation that will destroy american privacy once and for all. I just hope you're not one of them or are dead by then.

its gen z oversharing not millenials

you underage faggots need to stop deflecting blame

Fucking sickening. Staring at my dad's lifeless body was burned into my memory and not a day goes by that I don't think about him.

Millennials were a mistake

>soul

Neither

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryonics

>implying my body will ever be found
Good joke

Gen Z is the most conservative generation in decades, and likely more suspicious of the government as well.
Get fucked millennicuck.

>Cremation
But pure cremation. Today's burials are polluting the earth with toxins. Also, the nutrients from the bodies do not enter the soil as they should do, as the bodies are polluted with chemicals.

People should be buried with some degradable fabric covering their bodies.

Personally I believe that bodies should be used as fertilizer, pulped, treated, and spread into the fields for feeding crops et cetera.

I want to be cremated, no funeral. Small get together at home is ok.

legitimately raging at 1030 am

As long as you don't do it on churches land you are ok, if you let yourself cremate on church land your soul will be theirs.

Just have a burning funeral organized by your friends and don't ask permit for it just burn the body and scatter the remains. The state will only give you shit when you try to get the permit for it.

Many such cases. Sad!

Just makes me want to fuck her in the ass that much more.

>meme arrow
>reaction image

I want cremated.
The whole funeral business is disgusting to me. You pay thousand of dollars to buy a wooden box that is going to be burried, then more money to rent a room so that everyone can look at your lifeless corpse. Just burn me, stick me in a coffee can, spread my ashes and throw a party in my memory

That's how I want to go out

fuck.
I know this is just a young attention seeking girl who doesnt know what she is doing and maybe will regret this in a couple of years...but man I want to punch this bitch in the face

My only dying wish as of now is that I'm cremated. Whoever is alive when I die can keep the ashes, but I'd strongly prefer being scattered too. Probably the beach at my home town since I've lived in Florida my whole life, unless I end up living somewhere else by then. I hate everything about burials.

She was just honoring her grandma. What better way to say "rest in peace" than a duckface?

Why did you react so violently unless you're one of them?

Checkm8.

Let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that that slut doesn't know what she's doing. She knows exactly what she's doing

I honestly want to be eaten.
I want those closest to me to eat me, at least a good portion of me. I want my whole body to be used and that means eating me. My organs, assuming death allows, should of course be donated but everything that can't should be eaten. If those close to me refuse to become cannibals then feed those parts to animals. If they can clean my bones and my method of death doesn't destroy my skeleton then I'd like it if they did something with it as well, even if only a decoration.

My whole life is in my meat. Eat it, take in the good and the bad. Let me live on by letting you live on.

>Gen z is so redpil-

we wont run out of land, you just compress the last lot down and re-sell the plot.

I couldn't give a fuck what happens to my body. organ donations set up, turn the rest of me into glue and get a jakey high for all i care.

I hate our generation, wonder what the non hippies of the hippie generation described themselves as.

I know a fellow german guy who could help you...

do men ever do this?

probably by their job title

He did nothing wrong.

I see you've read Stranger in a Strange Land.

>men

I haven't actually. Food is important to me and I don't like being wasteful. Being eaten in some ceremonious way seems like the most logical and respectful thing to do.

Tell me about the book

This.

I want to die alone in the woods where no one will find me.

bury people under trees to nourish the earth

god wills it

I want to buried in a burlap sack at a depth most effective for decomposition with a fruit producing sapling planted directly above me. Is that so wrong?

Who cares, throw me in a meat grinder and feed me to lab rats. I wouldn't know any way. Because I'm fucking dead.

Whoa dat hivemind

fishfood so you're helping the eco system

a long time ago they realized the soil was supremely fertile at places were huge battles happened

I went to a crematorium. I don't want to be cremated.

It was probably the most unchristian thing I have ever seen and I am an atheist, it made my morals hunch over in disgust.

Burial of course, your soul is also killed when they burn your bones. If you plan on traveling the cosmos in the afterlife make absolutely sure you don't get cremated.

As a Buddhist and an avid recycler I just want my body to go to good use. Once I'm done with it, fertilizer is what I want it to be used for. This really isn't legal in the united States though.. you gotta burn all the nutrients out of the body first or put it in a hermetically sealed capsule.. it just seems wrong.

they don't even burn all of you, when there is just bone fragments left they either discard those or pulverize them

>Burial
>6 million for a coffin
>6 billion for a burial site tax
>6 gorillion for the ceremony
>6 babillion for a rabbi to kiss the body on cut weewee
>6 trillion for yearly tax of the body being on city property
More?

If you were an adult in the 1970's you are a Boomer.
If you were a kid or teen in the 1970's, you are Generation X.

But yeah, these people just refer to themselves by their job title.

i want to be soap and lampshades when i die

an economist could argue that we waste millions of tonnes of meat that could be turned into methane and thus energy + fertilizer.

Easily a trillion dollars world of product yearly

Christian here. I want to be buried at sea.

Throw my body in the ocean.

If my descendents really want to honor me, put me in my scuba gear with an empty air tank on me and pose me near some dive spot where other drivers are likely to encounter my body. Make it look like I ran out of air, or someone drained my tank.

Can you develop? I'm still wondering about this. Seeing IRL animal corpses filled with maggot was one my worst experience so I was thinking getting incinerated but... I don't know.

how long do you expect your body to last in this state? you start breaking down while still alive when exposed to water for so long. 24 hours in water and nobody wants to get close to you

Well, I was privy to the whole tour, from shoving the casket in, to watching it burn through a peephole and then watching them grind the burnt calcified skeletal remnants.

I guess it was mostly how unceremoniously the guys was handling it, I much prefer an actual burial.

Soilent Green

>not wanting to be shot up into space in a capsule so you can travel the stars until you run into a sun, get picked up by ayy lmaos, or crash land on a planet or astroid

indeed, and why not instead of a headstone, a tree that could live for thousands of years which also incorporated the materials from your body into its own.

They are strictly not permitted to open the casks but the guys were super nonchalant about handling dead remains, quite disrespectful.

I get why though, it's because they are at work, have a schedule and half of the job is basically industrialised, so all the steps from throwing away all the flowers into a compost bin, to ramming the casket into the furnace with a truck or how they would just lazily toss charred bones into a grinder and then pour it into a paper bag, it disturbed me.

Not what I expected of religious church employees when handling peoples' remains.

>Falling for the dying meme.

Sign up for cryonics, it takes literally 15 minutes and a pittance compared to any other method. Plus, apply Pascal's wager and there is literally no downside.

MEIN TEIL!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pwCgBhvck8

fuck. So it's either being treated like an ashtray or being treated as a sex club by maggots until your payments for the plot run off.

It seems there's no way to have your corpse treated with respect.

>the most unchristian thing I have ever seen and I am an atheist
No you're a Christcuck who is pretending to be an atheist

I wonder who can be behind this scheme...

>degenerate
this meme has to fucking stop

That'd be grandma, and only blacks would do that more often than whites.

As other people have stated, its gen z, not millenials...

Im technically right before gen z, but i grew up in the gen z society and i dont even fucking understand social media...

Maybe its because ive always been a bit socially awkward but i dont know who the fuck cares that im working on a 69 mustang or went on a hike or anything, maybe my close friends, but we just chat about that over an instant messenger.

Theres so many 10 year old,kids on youtube making "lol gaymening XDDDD" videos with their face and full name as the channel name and i dont fucking get the disregard for anonymity... The lack of care for privacy. Its crazy.

Idk, raise loyal children and have them do a private ceremony for you or something. I really did not appreciate watching the cremation process however.

Doesn't matter. The bones will be there long enough. I really don't expect the flesh to last particularly long since I'd prefer not to have my body pumped full of embalming fluids. Especially if it's going to be put in the ocean (or ground if I end up buried). I imagine the sea scavengers will want to pick apart most of the flesh. Bones will settle where they may.

lel no, it's a woman thing

I want to be buried and then have a tree planted on top of my grave, so I can give something back to nature

Compress the carbon in your body into diamond and become a family heirloom

>How would you want your remains handled?
I would like to receive blowjobs every day until there's only bones of me left.

All that protein wasted instead of being turned into filling and nutritious soylent.

cremation. Load my ashes into shotgun shells and have my family shoot them off somewhere pretty.

>gen z is the most conservative generation in decades

Becausr of all the muslims reproducing like rats, idiot.

Burning, as the fire and the pyre purifiy and inspire.

Vince Lee? Is that you?

Not you thats for sure.

Feed me to an animal or do that tree grave thing.

I'm banking hard on this whole reincarnation thing

>tfw I am immortal and this will never happen to me.

Cremation is the true redpill death. Do you want the (((C!A))) using your remains for some creepy experiment?

condelence

Cremation
Then scattered from top of Eiffel Tower so the French can choke on me

Burial.