Internet privacy is dead Sup Forums

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/03/isps-and-fcc-chair-ajit-pai-celebrate-death-of-online-privacy-rules/

google.com/amp/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/3/28/15098600/show-notes-congress-just-sold-your-internet-privacy-out-from-under-you

google.com/amp/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/business/7743497/broadband-privacy-rules-gutted-aftermath-what-it-means

What the fuck now

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_L._Roberts#Early_life_and_education
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Robespierre

fuck off
You shouldn't be worry if you got nothing to hide

I love this meme

nice refutal idiot

just got my VPN today. Feels good

lol. somebody didn't watch H3H3's video about this.

like he said, it's a slippery slope.

2late
they already got ur data

What I want to know is, how are they going to know the difference with multiple people in the same household?

Gonna see some real interesting conversations

>What is the Patriot act
Internet privacy has been dead for a decade. If this is the last straw then your an idiot.

>your an idiot
>your
It's you're, you idiot.

>implying everyone gets their information from unfunny utoobers

MAC addresses would be the only way to know for sure who's looking at what. Even then, MAC addresses can be spoofed pretty easily.

Where have you been? Were you on vacation in Thailand for the whole Patriot Act and NSA scandals? Privacy was never an option. Your metadata has always been tracked and sold to the highest bidder. You're not actually important enough for people to care beyond that, though.

Think of it as an opportunity to shape demographic interests, by registering as part of a collective blip in the non mainstream browser market.

Before the FCC's 2015 Open Internet Order, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) was the primary regulator of companies' privacy and data security practices. The FTC had the authority to bring enforcement actions against companies who engaged in "unfair and deceptive practices." The 2015 reclassification of broadband providers removed internet service providers (ISPs) from the FTC's jurisdiction. On April 20, 2016, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) proposed a rule applying privacy requirements of the Communications Act to Internet Service Providers (ISPs). However, the proposed rule would not apply to edge providers and web sites, like Facebook and Twitter, since they still fall under the FTC's authority.
As you know, Senator Jeff Flake of Arizona introduced S.J. Res. 34 on March 7, 2017. This resolution would repeal the FCC's privacy rules. I do not believe a two-track system in which the FCC regulates ISPs while the FTC monitors the rest of the internet ecosystem is good for consumers. For this reason I cosponsored S.J. Res 34.

>getting your news from a youtube "comedian"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_L._Roberts#Early_life_and_education

CEO of Comcast is a jew

GOP are a bunch of cucks and good goys who sold us out for a few shekels

There will still be idiots who will try to defend this and call people who don't support it shills

nothing he said is wrong though and unlike you guys he's actually doing activism against it.

Isnt that literally a fallacy?
makes you think

t.liberal shill

yes. our data was always available, so a little chip off of our rights wont hurt
>10,000 chips later
ALLU AKBAR

>Internet privacy has been a thing for the last 10 years

This just made official what was already happening. You really think your data wasn't being passed around like the town whore? Stay bluepilled, friendo.

No it's not
Ajit supports the principles of net neutrality.
He's merely removing regulation where it shouldn't have been to begin with.

see
>implying you had any control to begin with
>being this delusional

Lol! We dont have nothing to hide.

But now i can buy your personal info from your IsP. Ill bring it here so everyone can make fun of you!

Privacy is now purchasable when it should be inherent.

>implying that I care

>oh no now one more entity is legally entitled to sell my personal data
I've got tor and i2p setup already. I can go dark at the drop of a hat, and I don't even live in clapistan

It was only a matter of time. In the cyberpunk future we're fast approaching privacy in almost any form will be gone, cameras on every street corner and a microphone in everyone's pocket. Sensitive data will all have to be physical as that will be the only way to ensure it stays sensitive.

We got Trump elected
we have tons of power as long as you shove a fuck you up their ass when you get to the polls

honestly kys.
>implying you had internet privacy in the first place.
yeah sure lad. also if you actually cared about your shitty privacy you would be using a vpn.

Trump is going to shoot himself in the foot if he signs the repeal. It was good while it lasted.

Fuck off stupid millenial sjw jew shill!!!

We need to support god-king trump in everything he does so we can make MAGA!

SHUT UP you liberal marxist SHILL!

is this the narrative being built by shills now? That is all I see in response.

you're not fooling anyone and if this is meant to be a joke it just comes across as bitter and unfunny

Fuck you retard, grow yourself a brain stupid trump minion.

are u fucking dumb?
they have your data, they can't sell it until the bill passes

Just give up shills.
You lost! Sad!

t. undercover antifa

Holy fuck, you are ironically supporting him....
Sign of things to come.

Corporations make money on everyone's internet privacy, the people lost.

look imbecile, the websites that you browse (google, youtube , facebook, twitter, Sup Forums , reddit) all of them already sell your data to advertisement companies. not only that but your ISP is able to look at the stuff you browse and download without needing that bill. thats why in some ISP in america if you pirate stuff you get fines from your ISP if you re not using a VPN. you never had privacy in the first place, the only difference is now they are going to be legally allowed to sell your information to advertisement companies. (implying that they didn't do that already)

>duuuuh we need bigger government and more restrictive regulations to kill the economy, don't you listen to what the jew media says we need?