How long do you think war with North Korea would last?

How long do you think war with North Korea would last?
my guess is 72 hours

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mzpMhNXKt4E
youtube.com/watch?v=DyqUw0WYwoc&t=1s
youtu.be/MtYF_9e2azE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

72 hours until the US surrenders.

Supreme Leader would fly to the white house and beat everyone himself.

>72 hours
I thought the US would last longer...

Forever. China would intervene and ruin the fun.

I predict a war would last one-to-three years.

The biggest problem is that Pyongyang is the historical capital of Korea and houses thousands of priceless artifacts and architecture pertaining towards Korean culture. We can't just bomb the fuck out of it then send in the ground troops.

Likewise you have to think of reunification. Infrastructure can't be taken out whenever needed and you can't build up bad will with the people.

>if no nukes

Three hours most. They probably have expired ammunition and missiles, don't have any fuel to move their forces.

If war breaks out, they are going to shell Seoul and shoot a few missiles towards Japan (which will fail miserably).

Is there not a tailor in the whole of NK?

Douglas MacArthur could have defeated the chinks last time but Truman refused to give him the reinforcements he requested. Truman was butthurt because MacArthur had ignored him and marched all the way up to the Chinese border wrecking gooks.

That is not the issue. What is worying Pentagon are 2 things.

1) Initial artillery strikes on Seoul would kill approx 200.000 people
2) Securing the nukes. It would take for only one to be misplaced. And your military guys said it would take up to 50 days to locate and secure them all.

>Initial artillery strikes on Seoul would kill approx 200.000 people

I heard on the radio that artillery and mortar strikes from the mountains onto cities would be a bigger issue than their missiles with a 80% failure rate

yeah, this

details here: youtube.com/watch?v=mzpMhNXKt4E

>pic

You realize we bombed the hell out of Tokyo right?

Depends...
Assuming no Nukes cause that shit would take 4 minutes.
Our Air Force could literally fly over and stop a bomb on Gook Ville and out flu any missels (SR71-NiggerBird)

About 5 minutes of pressure and every single NKorean but Fat Kim will surrender gladly. We just have to show the people that we are serious about wining and they will revolt and love us for it.

The boys will be home by Christmas

If they have nuclear charges then there wont be no war. With only traditional military weapons, assuming China and Russia won't intervene, then maybe all major cities secured within months, if they do viet cong style it will take longer time.

But since South Korea is fighting of unification so will that not cause the same problem as in Vietnam, and also take in to account NATO's military capacity in east asia. Blcokade all ports, air suppority, bomb the shit of their fixed positions and all military industry, keep infrastructure, then put in the ground troops after starving, blockading and heavy bombing.

Their military technology is cold war era and they have at most 3 million fighting men(divided within army, air force and fleet etc), so NATO can basically win a war against North Korea without even putting in ground troops, but that is contra productive and need to maintain ocupation.

That's , my idea anyways.

they have smallpox

just sayin

At least 10 years.
Washington will be reduced to ashes.

Years. Millions dead.

China would intervene. The US could still win but the cost to them would be too high to tolerate. Public opinion would go south so quickly it could end up like Vietnam.
You annihilated Japan. Trump wouldn't think twice about nuking Pyongyang.

It probably wouldn't be quite that easy. There are a lot of nations that would use them as a proxy to fight against the US. Iran for one, Jihadists of all sorts, Communists, would go there to fight, and give them aid. I wouldn't put it past China to use them that way as much as they could.
If we are purely talking North Korea and what they have, maybe a couple days sounds right. But that's assuming nobody else gets involved and gives them weapons and supplies to fight. Then it could get ugly.

>You realize we bombed the hell out of Tokyo right?
Yeah, but then we weren't allied with another nation who actually wanted to keep the cultural shit intact.

it doesn't matter what weapons they have, what matters is combat experience. So far as I am aware, they not engaged in conflict.

America, enjoy your 4 trillion dollar, 100k casualty, 4 year war with guerrilla fighters and subsequent withdraw.

>380p

Wow, maybe North Korea really is as bad as people say..

They can barely feed their people, and I imagine things wouldn't get better with the war. I would assume that there would be a coup. I'm not sure if China would want to help the enemy of its biggest trade partner. They would probably be focused on trying to take as much NORK land as possible.

>How long do you think war with North Korea would last?

I think a better question, "How long do you think any country besides china and Russia would last."

>72 hours

Assuming the US didn't just char every square mile of land in the first 24

China would not intervene if North Korea is the aggressor, or even if it was a unification war, it's not the cold war anymore, what do you base your opinion on that China would intervene on? Buffer state argument or what? China and USA need each other so much that they would never risk war at this moment.

Really short war. Eternally long reconstruction.

>withdraw
>implying
South Korea would happily occupy it.

Read OPLAN 5027-2016, OPLAN 5038-2016, OPLAN 5029-2016.

They do not have fuel stores to operate for more than 48-72 hours.

Tokyo wasnt the original culture capital

Also, what makes you think that we would give up the chance of parking our military on China's border?
Can you say permanent military base?

>tfw you will never share your MRE with a hungry nork qt

72 minutes.

I don't think you realise how many refugees from N Korea any open war would cause.

China want the North to last so it doesn't have to take them all in. South Korea doesn't want to have to deal with governing a country of refugees with no infrastructure or education.

If the North tried anything the US would probably just send a team in to kill Kim.

Full war would open a can of worms that no one in the region wants to deal with.

Of course I'd never put it past the US to go gun hoe.

I keep hoping a famine will break out in Estonia for the same reason.

The nationalist yes.

The rationalists know it would backrupt the South to rebuild and reeducate the North.

For anyone interested in an interview with a village north korean and a city north korean

youtube.com/watch?v=DyqUw0WYwoc&t=1s

There is even a video on the side having them eat Murican BBQ. It's pretty comfy

See
We all have interests there Nip.
It is of strategic importance which demands a base.

>t.britbackpacker

You think a Nip can into English?

Props a bloody 2-4 years of combat on North Korean soil. Trying to invade North Korea would be pretty hard, since we'd be facing also the civilian population that wants us dead too. Artillery and air strikes might be viable for a time, but sending troops on the ground would be pretty dangerous since they would be essentially surrounded by civilians that want to chop them to pieces.

As far as I'm concerned you are your flag here.

fpbp

New drone tech will make things easier.

However long the media wanted it to be. North Korea is run by the US.

Korea will sit two-3 boats 20 miles off the coast of california.

all three boats will be loaded with one nuke each.

all three nukes total yield will be equal to less than what we used against Japan.

and the united states will still fall. this is how woefully prepared we are as to what is about to befall us.

He would give them the good ol over the knee ass slapping like a father

youtu.be/MtYF_9e2azE

We should withdraw our troops before the war starts. (Move them to Taiwan instead.) Totally worthless to keep our base there since Worst Koreans are such ungrateful bastards.
Then Best Korea will take the whole damn thing in 24 hours.

>nuclear charges

kek

Other reason is that MacArthur would have certainly won (and probably nuked the chinks) and return as a universally acclaimed war hero AGAIN
He was going to run for president as a Republican in '52, but Truman castrated him before he could run

More like 7.2 years

As long as it takes to give the nuclear codes to that guy who seriously shouldn't have them.

The war would end in an instant
But the following war with china would last a decade

and probably inadvertently caused WW3 and a nuclear holocaust

Pretty sure they dont use the sr71 anymore

You didn't learn from Vietnam eh?

Two to four years.
Expect something similar to Vietnam, even if the US is winning you'll see a shit ton of libs saying to leave.

It would take a while, for some reason I don't think North Korea's nukes work properly

Actually the Russians also asked Truman if he would be fine with them nuking China at one point. Nuking China was the key to world peace.

We should just take out Kim and key targets and let China move in and annex it.

This is exactly what people thought in the 50s and it led to us pretty much loosing the war. Brilliant.

Or give it to South Korea...I don't give a shit which. All those fuckers creep me out.

I don't give a shit how long they last as long as we get some memes and entertainment value out of it.

No one likes the chinks

Even though similar in ideology to the USSR, the USSR hated them

The chinks weren't even powerful back then, they just had gazillions of people
2 nukes could have solved a future problem like with the nips

MacArthur did literally nothing wrong

Once Barron comes of age (during the reign of Eric) the North Koreans will submit in joy, take up bodybuilding, and will form the nucleus of his praetorian guard.

The South Koreans will have degenerated by that stage into such a squalid, smartphone making starcraft paying mess that the world will unite to euthanise them, documenting their progress as they go as a warning to others of the dangers of degenerative technology.

My guess is about a half an hour...gonna take longer for the smoke to clear (fallout)...

/thread

>We can't just bomb the fuck out of it then send in the ground troops

Yes we can

That is true, but wouldn't bombing china over a small conflict like the Korean War make other nations, like the U.S.S.R, now have a reason to use nuclear arms willy nilly cause the U.S did?

M.A.D.

Asuming china decides to let them go, the intial CONVENTIONAL war would probably be over fairly quick, same as it was in Iraq in 2003. The resulting 4th generation warfare after the central regime was smashed could last years, especially if they smuggle out agents armed with anthrax, nerve gas, and maybe one of their clearly not ready for missile nukes. It would eventually die down as they'd be hard pressed to gain new recruits or resuply themselves. If you thought a roadside i.e.d. was bad, you aint seen nothing yet.

If only Truman was okay with MacArthur invading China, we would have increased the size of our military presence. We might have even used nukes.

No, we wanted to keep their culture intact so that they wouldn't become disillusioned by the influence the US has over them.
We wanted Japan to stay strong because they're a very important trading partner and technological adversary. We don't care at all about N Korea.

Seoul will be fine. The artillery will fail almost totally. Then be eliminated within minutes be bracketed counter batteries. Missiles will fail at over 80%. The balance will be eliminated by PAC-3. Scrambled fighters will eliminate almost all TEL's then our GLCM onslaught will eliminate key sites within the interior. No fuel or food to move or sustain ground forces beyond DMZ. Kim will be assassinated on the first night. War over in less then 3 days. Period. 'Merica!

>b-b-but think of the porcelain we'd destroy :'(

NK has weaponized smallpox
that getting out alone would cause hundreds of millions of deaths mostly to the third world however every nation on the planet would be greatly affected.

we didn't nuke kyoto solely because of its cultural significance

granted, we were gonna nuke Kyoto if Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and several other cities we had planned to nuke weren't enough, but we valued jappo culture to an extent [spoiler]and now we have fat weebs and this cesspool; nothing of value would have been lost tbqh[/spoiler]