MICHAEL MOORE: ABOLISHING THE EPA WILL LEAD TO HUMAN EXTINCTION. ALSO WHY NOT FUSION POWER?

Liberals cry so much about the EPA but they are extremely inefficient, overstaffed, and waste untold amounts of money.

Tax payer funded green energy companies like solyndra (RIP) are just money and power grabs for the elite and their cronies. At the same time, the liberals pass extreme regulations on coal and other fossil fuels which does nothing but stifle competition in the US to give an advantage to these highly inefficient "green" companies.

Even if the US went 100% carbon free overnight, China and India alone would still be polluting more than enough to keep "climate change" advancing.

Adjusted for inflation, the U.S. was spending over $1 billion per year on magnetic confinement fusion research by 1977. Now the funding is cut way down, if not eliminated, im not sure of the official numbers.

This leads to my question:
>Why does the USA not create a Manhattan style project for fusion power? Put billions of dollars in funds towards extremely classified technology that will allow us to have a monopoly on fusion power for the next 50 years?

Are we that cucked by Saudi Arabia and bureaucracy?

Why do liberals cry out for green energy but hardly any of them mention fusion? Fusion has been proven to be possible but requires refinement to be cost effective.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendelstein_7-X
beta.fec.gov/data/disbursements/?two_year_transaction_period=2016&disbursement_purpose_categories=other&committee_id=C00578997&min_date=01-01-2015&max_date=10-05-2016
docquery.fec.gov/pdf/318/201607159020655318/201607159020655318.pdf#navpanes=0
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Ignition_Facility
lasers.llnl.gov/news/experimental-highlights
lasers.llnl.gov/news/science-technology
iter.org/construction/construction
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olkiluoto_Nuclear_Power_Plant#Cost
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>michael moore

Jesus christ.
This guy thinks the US is the entire world. Even if Trump somehow poisons every single american, nothing will happen to the rest of us.

This is why no one take climate change hysteria seriously.

Fun fact: Dinosaurs are still alive today. Birds are technically dinosaurs.

Yup, pretty sweet. Not all the dinosaurs went extinct, a lot of them lived and just evolved into birds. The T-rexs closest living relative is actually the chicken.

And now libs are being sacrificing them to Moloch. How do we break the cycle?

Germany is already way ahead of us when it comes to fusion pic related.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendelstein_7-X

Why is no one talking about this and why do libs not demand fusion development? Its the ultimate clean energy.

>trex
>chicken
Stop spreading this falsehood

>Manhattan Project for fusion
We did. It was the National Ignition Laboratory. Guess what it never came close to achieving? Ignition.

A Fusion ignition event will never occur on earth outside of a weapon. The pressures/temps required are not within our capability, abd likely never will be.

>>Why does the USA not create a Manhattan style project for fusion power? Put billions of dollars in funds towards extremely classified technology that will allow us to have a monopoly on fusion power for the next 50 years?
Because it's entirely possible that fusion power is not possible to make feasible and in that case all the money would be wasted.

How is it not obvious to normies that this guy is just a shill for green energy companies.

Daily reminder that the human race was doing pretty good before December, 2, 1970.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendelstein_7-X
so what is the Wendelstein 7-X then?

It was also entirely possible that the first atom bomb would not work. It was also possible that the atom bomb would work and ignite the entire atmosphere and end the world but they still researched it and exploded it. My point is, with the billions of dollars wasted on all these climate change regulations and summits and green energy companies, why dont we just do a intensive fusion power research project?

i love the dinosaur's keen attention to the incoming meteor, 10/10 MSPaint Artist

>Michael More
The amount of methane generated by that man annually, will eventually cause a mass extinction episode, on this planet. He needs to sort himself out.

Do the CTR shills even realize they are all public record now?

The CTR Shills and Payments:

beta.fec.gov/data/disbursements/?two_year_transaction_period=2016&disbursement_purpose_categories=other&committee_id=C00578997&min_date=01-01-2015&max_date=10-05-2016

docquery.fec.gov/pdf/318/201607159020655318/201607159020655318.pdf#navpanes=0

God I hate Trump and his magic time machine inventing coal power and China and India and the developing third world that use literally hundreds of times more than the US does. What an asshole he is for not making the US hold to some insane standard that prevents us from being industrially competitive.

One word: lobbyists
The oil lobby is among the biggest in the US, followed shortly after by coal. The real redpill is that democracy is incompatible with both human progress and capitalism, because the vast war chests of these companies represent an immovable object with regards to the development of a viable alternative.

Politicians want to keep their job --> lobby offers millions of dollars in campaign funding and a cushy job after they leave office --> do my bidding goyim --> overregulate new energy technology --> company keeps industry shekels

>If he used 28 March 2017 instead of March 28, 2017 he could have spelled out 'to' instead being a retard who replaces words with numbers
Fucking retard. He probably thinks he's making a monumental tweet but he ends up looking like an idiot.

Whatever happened to the Lockheed fusion breakthrough?

How will there be historians if the human race goes extinct?

>China and India and the developing third world that use literally hundreds of times more than the US does
>literally
The fuck are you on about?

MIKAEL MOHR IS A SAG OOF SHITE!

Lockheed martin already did it. It's a skunk works project. Coming to the public in ten years

horseshit.

Every plasma physics dude working on ITER is pretty sure it will work.

Have a new look @ NIF. They have done lots of work since the ignition campaign failed (due to finding unexpected physics). I think they are going to pull it off.

Also obligatory:
hurr, durr, man will never fly.

holy shit i saw this a day after i learnt about fusion and i thought that we could use fusion indstead of this inefficeant tripe called green energy
thanks mate

i hope we (as in uk) use fusion rather than misplace our funds. to me it just seems brilliant

Plasma physicist here.

While plasma research, particularly fusion, could use more funding, the majority of hurdles we need to develop sustainable fusion power are physics and engineering problems, not financial ones. The basic nuclear physics of how fusion works aren't terribly complicated (relatively speaking), but what no one anticipated is how complicated the plasma interactions become on the kind of temperature and pressure scales involved in a fusion plasma. Fusion plasmas misbehave, they're unstable, they're difficult to confine. MHD is a bitch.

More funding certainly won't hurt, but it's important to realize this isn't something that can be automatically solved just by throwing money at it. Even with limitless funding it's going to take time and no shortage of intelligent people banging their heads against the wall to figure out how to make fusion work on an industrial scale.

>yes goys destroy your ability to compete in a global market, pay no respect China they are an emerging economy so they should not be held to the same standards because we don't actually care about solutions only about moral relativism.

>what is wendelstein 7x
An expensive deadend
>why dont we do an intensive fusion research
We did.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Ignition_Facility

Is a decade and $10s of billions not further in time and cost of the Manhattan project? They stopped because the most liberal estimates placed it a tenth of the conditions needed for ignition.

Nah senpai i just want a fuckton of radioactive Diamond batteries. They wouldn't produce much power but they could be used to supplement other types of batteries/charge your batteries while your devices are idle- could even be the solution to in-flight drone travel.

Tell me about polywell and the lockheed fusion reactors, are they memes or is there something to them?

>cucked by Saudi Arabia
We're the biggest oil producers in the world m8 we don't need sandnigger oil.
What is hydraulic fracking

I have an uncle who works for Nintendo. I can confirm this.

Pretty sure this is the natural cycle of the earth and we did impact it But compared to the earth itself it is insignificant.

>They stopped because the most liberal estimates placed it a tenth of the conditions needed for ignition.

What the fuck you clown.

I'm reading this. A NIF update as of now:

lasers.llnl.gov/news/experimental-highlights

Those sons of bitches are rocking and rolling.

the wikipedia article is way out of date.

>India and China put out 7x more pollution than the rest of the Earth combined

>Blame Trump for global warming

Unless he wants to go on a fucking Genocide the fat fuck should shut it's mouth

look up the ITER project.

>Even if the US went 100% carbon free overnight, China and India alone would still be polluting more than enough to keep "climate change" advancing.

Even China is starting to reduce their emissions due to extreme pollution problems.

>Are we that cucked by Saudi Arabia and bureaucracy?

Saudis and US oil lobby.

>Adjusted for inflation, the U.S. was spending over $1 billion per year on magnetic confinement fusion research by 1977. Now the funding is cut way down, if not eliminated, im not sure of the official numbers.
>Why do liberals cry out for green energy but hardly any of them mention fusion? Fusion has been proven to be possible but requires refinement to be cost effective.

Because it is nuclear and has been 30 years into future since 1950's. Also funding for ITER is hardly more expensive than single fucking modern nuclear power plant.

More viable option would be thorium molten salt reactor, but nuclear is always bad according to hippies.

As long as Michael Moore is extinct, I will be happy.

In case anybody is too lazy to click through, also this:

lasers.llnl.gov/news/science-technology

Safe, clean, effective nuclear power is the future. However, our present-day reactors aren't anywhere near safe clean or effective enough to do this yet, more research is needed.

>German engineering

This is why we have to uncuck Germany.

This fat sack of shit is such a train wreck

>Historians
>Extinction of human life

Theres some californium treatment process which reduces the energy of nuclear waste very significantly. Opinion?

can't post link because Sup Forums thinks its spam for some reason.

>ITER
Of course they're sure, just 20 years off right? Why would they reject their funding and fire themselves? Listen, i too want cheap power, but the concepts and problems arent even fully defined.

An example
The robot craze of the 60s wanted androids, and people like you cried for funding. Excessive funding wouldve done nothing. You wait and better define the hurdles. We have better gyros and servo motors now, better video recognition now (google cars etc), we still have limitations on power/battery though, throwing money still wont help. Its the same with fusion, only far worse.

>t. undergrad

If these faggots cared so much about the environment, they wouldn't buy one single item produced in China. But they don't.

All Trump has done is roll back Obama's crappy regulations. They did nothing to really reduce anything, just stifle the rural population. That was his goal all along.

What's gonna happen is that the states start stepping up. They start going into Green technology. It should come from the bottom up, not top down.

It will lead to non white extinction as (((global warming))) will affect the third world more than the developed.

I didn't know the US agency EPA held all of human civilization together

Inshallah the great prophet Al-Hoppeyyun will bring destruction upon the statist. We will cut off his welfare!

There's a few remaining active polywell projects, but they're pretty much been ruled out as a viable option for large-scale sustainable fusion.

Best bets right now look to be some kind of modified tokamak, stellerator, or hybrid design.

Not a lot of information about LockMarts project.

Is the population drop of the third world area due to global warming or climate change or whatever you want to call it, enough that the human population drops far enough fast enough to reverse the climatic trend?

>Politicians want to keep their job --> lobby offers millions of dollars in campaign funding and a cushy job after they leave office --> do my bidding goyim --> overregulate new energy technology --> company keeps industry shekels
Remove money from politics,. then what?

ITER's a clusterfuck. It's so bogged down in international treaty negotiations and bureaucratic meddling nowadays that it'll be nothing short of a fucking miracle if they get ignition by 2030.

Carbon dioxide just means more green trees.

Carbon monoxide kills things.

Fantastic propaganda. I love my future extinction now.

what a fucking delusional drama queen

I don't think fusion is possible
The reason the sun can do it is because all of the byproduct is continuously reeled back in by its gravity

Containing it in a magnetic tube is the opposite, and there's no way of extracting the wasteproduct, which would just pollute it

>Of course they're sure, just 20 years off right? Why would they reject their funding and fire themselves? Listen, i too want cheap power, but the concepts and problems arent even fully defined.

ITER is not some podunk back of the lab experiment. Billions of $ are being spent. The reputations of people are on the line.

I personally am not a big fan of ITER, but I do think it will generate net fusion power.

Steel is being cut, superconducting coils are being wound.
iter.org/construction/construction

I am well aware that 9 women cannot make a baby in a month.

But:
>>The robot craze of the 60s wanted androids

And now we have boston dynamics and schaft, etc. I'd say the investment paid off.

welp, we better get to it with a good cut of funding. They say fusion is always 30 years away and has been like that since the 50s. We definitely want to be the first to get it either way, if its possible.

Chemical engineer here. I'd have to agree with everything you said.Even over coming said problems, they don't plan on being any where close to achieving it until 2050 -2070 ish.

Until that is figured out, I don't see the point in building the infrastructure if we don't even have a source for it to use.

EPA

Is it just me or do they have a fucking DEATH STAR in their logo???

F FOR EPA LMAO

(((wendelstein)))

If you put a plasma mass inside a solid sphere with a magnetic charge spinning around it, and the sphere's interior was lined with diamond material, would enough particles and waves flex back towards the center of the mass of plasma to keep the plasma going or not?

/sci/ told me at one point a long while back that it's possible to reflect outgoing radioactive particles back towards their source, but very difficult.

>historians will mark
>human extinction
Retarded fat fuck.

China puts out twice as much co2 as the U.S
India will eventually put out as much co2 as the U.S

we are fucked no matter.

>I don't think fusion is possible
It's absolutely possible. Simple fusors are cheap enough and easy enough to build that you've started seeing rich kids build them for science fairs in recent years.

... but it's extremely difficult to make the process sustainable when you don't have 10^30 kg of solar plasma to help confine the reaction.

I agree with you. I think climate change is way overblown and an elitist NWO ploy to enact a carbon tax and tax the hell out of an unlimited resource. The hysteria around climate change is a joke. The bottom line is, there really isnt anything we can do to stop climate change if its what they say it is. The globalists want green energy companies to steal tax dollars. It sounds great on paper, and its good to be more clean and not pollute our region but what the politicians are saying about climate change is a lie.

>hey goy! What are you a science denier???
>are you just an uneducated republican big oil redneck who doesnt want green energy??
>Why wont you believe our government paid studies that pick and choose data to support our politically and monetarily derived conclusion????
>how dare you question climate change!
>you'll never work in acadamia unless you conform to our conclusions pseudoscientist!

hahaha

True china is trying to reduce emissions for their own sake but they are so corrupt that whatever they report or agree to in terms of an international climate change agreement cannot be trusted.

>Opinion?

No idea, but I'm pretty skeptical due to costs involved.

The massive population growth in 3rd world and mass migration to western countries from 3rd world are driving forces behind fucking climate change. When niggers come to Europe, Australia or US.... they start to spend a lot more fuel and make more pollution.

It is also underfunded as fuck. Even if its cost will rise over estimated cost, it is still hardly more expensive than fucking EPR.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olkiluoto_Nuclear_Power_Plant#Cost

>The main contractor, Areva, is building the unit for a fixed price of €3 billion, so in principle, any construction costs above that price fall on Areva. In July 2012, those overruns were estimated at more than €2 billion,[36] and in December 2012, Areva estimated that the full cost of building the reactor would be about €8.5 billion, well over the previous estimate of €6.4 billion.[2][3] Because of the delays, TVO and Areva are both seeking compensation from each other through the International Court of Arbitration. In October 2013, TVO's demand for compensation from Areva had risen to €1.8 billion, and Areva's from TVO to €2.6 billion.[41] In December 2013, Areva increased its demand to €2.7 billion.[42] As of November 2016, the case is still ongoing.[43]

>According to some estimates, Olkiluoto reactor could be the fifth or sixth most expensive structure in the world,[citation needed] even more expensive than the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland.

fusion power will create way more radioactive waste than fission. So much high energy particles will contaminate the reactor components. Not viable.

>MICHAEL MOORE:

Stopped reading.

Kill (((bankers)))

Maybe if President Trump didn't have to spend all day worrying about being impeached for fake russian ties, he could listen to and study more about environmental issues.

>More funding certainly won't hurt, but it's important to realize this isn't something that can be automatically solved just by throwing money at it. Even with limitless funding it's going to take time and no shortage of intelligent people banging their heads against the wall to figure out how to make fusion work on an industrial scale.

More money allows more testing and more people involved in solving the problems. That usually speeds up research programs.

Isn't that a good thing if you're Michael Moore and you want to abolish civilization?

Happening! A different fat man claims McDonald's seats aren't wide enough, will destroy civilization as we know it, demands we throw money at it until solutions are found!
>seems legit and relevant!

Hes unironically right.

Politics wont change the fact that the world is getting poluted and the evironment changed everyday.

GG

You're a dreamer, not a bad trait, but realistically you should be well aware that the temperature and pressures needed are just not possible on earth outside the brief envelope of a fission detonations shock front.

Soooo how's more money to a defunct government arm going to fix it?

Fusion power cannot be made economical. Fissile materials are hot on their own and they have an EROEI of about 10.

Like I said - more funding won't hurt, but I think a lot of people seem to have this impression that if you just throw money at research it'll shit out results.

Like with NASA - sure, god knows NASA could do with a bigger budget, but throwing $100 billion at NASA every year isn't suddenly going to put us on Mars or build us a space elevator - especially given that many of the obstacles in NASA's way aren't just financial, but political (it doesn't matter how much money you get if your mission changes every election cycle or you're forced to contract all your work to expensive, sluggish defense contractors).

If we're extinct there won't be any historians, fat dump.

Bbbbbut wasn't solar and wind going to save us? Bbbbbut that's what he said 3 years ago, with enough backing to make that multi billion dollar bird killer in phoenix dessert, that uses more natural gas than it expels in recovered solar energy?
Just asking to the validity of his past claims.

It'll fix the feelings user, the feelings.

but seriously they think the EPA was working on some super secret carbon scrubber to save us all from ourselves

Paul posting is becoming a very chuckle worthy meme

Look up Farnsworth-Hirsch fusors (pic related). This is about the simplest fusion device you can build. Building a device that can produce a fusion plasma is easy (relatively speaking) and we're now able to build substantially bigger and better fusion devices.

Making a device that can produce a SUSTAINABLE fusion reaction, something that could actually be used to generate power, that we haven't worked out yet.

>impression that if you just throw money at research it'll shit out results.

Movies, primarily.

NASA is mostly impotent, not inept.

The thing is that the Apollo Program left no stone unturned in the pursuit of the ultimate rocket. The Saturn 5 is is. There can be no greater machine built than that, no greater engines made, no heavier payload hefted.

Rocket Science is an extremely mature field and there's nothing left to innovate on. The Russians perfected the rocket engine in the 1970's with the RD-180 and nobody has ever been able to replicate their success.

Look, before you get mad, remember that every phenomena in the universe springs from just four fundamental forces. Does it then not surprise you to learn that the amount of phenomena that can exist and we can exploit are severely limited?

Imagine if you could only compose music from four notes. You'd run out of new songs in a few hundred years too.

Sustainable fusion isn't the problem. It's making sustainable fusion with a device that has sufficiently low costs that you can sell the electricity at a profit.

Suffice to say, there's no economical means of making a miniature star.

dawg, my man, my main dude, fusion power, mate, can easily be easily achieved with a bit of gravity manipulation, the special access programs of majic (majority intelligence community) have had gravity manipulation since the late 1940's. imagine what they can do these days, self contained black holes would not be out of the question. the amount of technology that's been surpressed is staggering. all the technology we use today is stagnant tech from the 1900's, the latest thing we have is rocket technology, you may think your smart phone is super advanced but its just an unteenth reiteration of tech from the late 40's

sad really. well, not much we can do, they'll only really release it and even then not much of it when all the religions have been abolished, that means all the muslims are dead. that'll happen in the next few years, then after that we get a fake alien invasion, that's when some of the shit tier tech get released, then it builds from there. the science community nowadays is as bad as religion, they spend their whole lives on one thing and they couldn't bear it if they were wrong, so anything that contradicts their views is pushed aside, hushed up, or discredited as a hoax so they can stay safely in their bubble of ignorance and perceive intelligence superiority.

many such cases! sad!

>Like I said - more funding won't hurt, but I think a lot of people seem to have this impression that if you just throw money at research it'll shit out results.

It doesn't magically solve all issues, but it allows things like more time with super computers to simulate things and parallel teams working same and related issues.

>Like with NASA - sure, god knows NASA could do with a bigger budget, but throwing $100 billion at NASA every year isn't suddenly going to put us on Mars or build us a space elevator - especially given that many of the obstacles in NASA's way aren't just financial, but political (it doesn't matter how much money you get if your mission changes every election cycle or you're forced to contract all your work to expensive, sluggish defense contractors).

True. The fact that NASA priorities will be changed after pretty much all elections and pork barrel nature of their procurement chain makes a lot of their spending more than a bit inefficient. With 100 billion a year they would certainly get to Mars lot faster.

>Movies, primarily.
>NASA is mostly impotent, not inept.

NASA back in 60's had twice the budget they have today, less political interference and clear goal. It is a good example how money affects research.

>The thing is that the Apollo Program left no stone unturned in the pursuit of the ultimate rocket. The Saturn 5 is is. There can be no greater machine built than that, no greater engines made, no heavier payload hefted.

No. The reason there haven't been more capable rocket since Saturn V is that no-one have had funding to develop one since 60's.

>Rocket Science is an extremely mature field and there's nothing left to innovate on.

True to extent, probably the best indication of that is booming private space programs like Space X and Blue Origin. There is still room for improvement.

>CALL HIM RACIST
doesn't work
>CALL HIM FASCIST
doesn't work
>CALL HIM LITERAL HITLER AND CALL EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS HIM NAZIS
doesn't work
>CALL HIM A RAPIST
doesn't work
>CALL HIM A RUSSIAN AGENT
doesn't work
>TRY ALL OF THE ABOVE A FEW HUNDRED MORE TIMES JUST TO MAKE SURE THEY DON'T WORK
doesn't work
>....uhhhhh....well fuck... Oh, I know!
>TRUMP WILL LITERALLY CAUSE THE EXTINCTION OF THE HUMAN RACE AND DESTROY THE ENTIRE PLANET
>Nailed it. They'll definitely all dump Trump now.