Proof of a Loving and/or Caring God?

Dear Sup Forums,
Please provide REASONABLE PROOF that there is a loving god.

Alternatively, CONVINCE me that a particular (your choice) mainstream religion is in fact true (as in their holy book truthfully represents the opinions of god).

Alternatively, convince me that if there is in fact some kind of god or creator of the known universe, he is not apathetic to our existence and cares that we exist at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pT-CucDgWRU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Fátima
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TUYymBPce08oyuhnHLLkR_B
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TW70EEo4e2onJ4lq1QYSzrY
youtube.com/watch?v=5znVUFHqO4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ay_Db4RwZ_M
youtube.com/watch?v=KnkNKIJ_dnw
youtube.com/watch?v=_NAOc6ctw1s
youtube.com/watch?v=4iyxR8uE9GQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oAxPHWF8aec
youtube.com/watch?v=6lEmch2OAhs
youtube.com/watch?v=XvR4zGnwRD0
youtube.com/watch?v=wiWKifMu6f8
youtube.com/watch?v=u0v6JItV5-w&list=PLFB1EE14B97D1F55E
youtube.com/watch?v=qzPOTeo9BR8
youtube.com/watch?v=nkllFXIsV6M
youtube.com/watch?v=4C5pq7W5yRM
youtube.com/watch?v=v2Xsp4FRgas
youtube.com/watch?v=s2ULF5WixMM
youtube.com/watch?v=3Yt7hvgFuNg
youtube.com/watch?v=RQPRqHZRP68
sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/02/980227055013.htm
highexistence.com/this-will-mindfuck-you-the-double-slit-experiment/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_effect_(physics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is none
The world is a SHIT
if god created this shit he doesn't deserves to be praised

praise kek

READ THE DAMN BIBLE

In all seriousness, no one will reply seriously because its not possible

i was hoping to conduct some penetration tests on my theory without having to call up the church

>on my theory
Lay it on me senpai

fine
youtube.com/watch?v=pT-CucDgWRU

Try being honest internally and asking for truth. Your life will improve massively. Whether or not it will be due to god is up to you to figure out.

try islam :
> wash ur self , have a good hygiene ( get rid of negative energy using water)
> pray god 5 times a day , ask him anything u want ( he will certainly accept it , just dont talk to him about jesus being his son , it bullshit )
> do good things , go the right path
> notice how your life improve and how much succes you have added to it.
> PROFIT.

You skipped the explosion.

Deism arguments are plentiful, but you would deny the Lord even if he descended from the heavens.

Atheists are worse than any other demographic.

How's that crippling poverty in your country treating you?

it was sort of like the lines of the last sentence in the original post

that if there is in fact a creator to the universe, he either lacks the capability to communicate/influence us (at least anymore), or he simply does not care enough to have anything to do with us

as such, worshiping a deity that doesn't really concern itself with your existence is similar to worshiping the sun; you may be grateful for what it provides you with (probably in the former's case), but it's a futile effort (unless you believe the part about him simply being unable to communicate TO you, in which case he's probably happy someone appreciates him even if he cant express it)

Plentiful and fallacious. Until you present a method to test the supernatural, any claims you make about it are mere assertion.

In all seriousness OP, this is an impossible question to answer.

Every side is going to break out an argument, and every side is going to
>muh logical fallacy

If you want the truth, you'll find it with enough searching. If you really weigh all sides of this argument, and allow yourself to accept that you may be wrong from time to time (in general, not just with this argument), you'll find the truth.

not bad im driving a 3 series bmw working at a petrol refinery and dressing probably better than you leaf

Lol no you're not, 5 of the suits in my wardrobe could buy your car brand new.

I would sooner see the entirety of africa and the middle east turned to glass that bow to islam's malevolent god.
this is why i am posting it here. Sup Forums makes for a good trial by fire. the only problem is that sometimes the links and sources are a bit esoteric or are just really obscure

There isn't.

If a creator exists it doesn't give a crap.

Look at nature and tell me otherwise.

just invalidating your claim , its not crippling .
nice suit leaf pic related hahaha

mMMMMMMM

And for what it's worth OP, the communication part takes a lot of prayer. I mean, I wouldn't expect literally anyone to believe me, but after 2 years of prayer in all my down time and even at work when possible, I started hearing a voice in my head once in a while. And then more often

>inb4 schizo

I know it's a pretty extraordinary claim but that voice has told me shit that I shouldn't know.

One time the voice told me "your mother will be dead in the next 3 years but don't tell her because that will interfere with my plan". 2 days later she tells me she has this shooting pain in her arm and a week later she goes to the hospital in an ambulance with a TIA. That's just one example (not dead yet, this happened a month ago), and I have ultimately no way of backing it up to strangers on Sup Forums, but I get little things like this very often that happen for no reason and they're always right.

Just my 2 cents.

Compare South America to the Middle East.
One is Catholic the other is Muslim.

Is it a decent place to live if you have money? I've been looking at countries around the Mediterranean for property.

>Please provide REASONABLE PROOF that there is a loving god.

Big Don won.

>that if there is in fact a creator to the universe
Unknown

>he
Assumption :^)

>lacks the capability to communicate
Deism or Pantheism

>simply does not care enough to have anything to do with us
Dystheism

>worshiping the sun
A whole bunch of ancient religions including Manichaeism

>but it's a futile effort
Depends on what you're looking to get out of it

Religion is an extraordinarily broad subject that spans from culture to science. There are no magic bullets, and very few shortcuts.

The catholics committed genocide there and now run boy rape factories

God loves his children, he doesn't care about and/or hates the majority of people(see the Flood)

God has only one name and that name is Yahowah,

> go to blessyahowah.com if you want to learn the truth about God

>look at nature

humans are capable of love and intense caring.

if you have the money you could live like a king here , low taxes , no terrorism , 2 seas , plenty of surf spots , pretty good night life , good weed , pretty much anything you would like ...
you could buy a house and resell it after with garanteed gain.

Holy shit, almost the exact same thing happened to me.
I was praying to god when a voice in my head told me: "your mother will be dead within a day if you don't reply to this post"
fucking creepy...

have you tried and tested the spirit to see whether it's actually God or just a devil?

Keks digits confirm

This, have you seen a platypus? God surely doesn't exist if that thing exists.

October 13, 1917 solar phenomenon at Fatima, Portugal, for which the date and time was foretold months in advance by a ten-year-old peasant girl.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Fátima

>schizo
get yourself checked out.

the exception of exception
and the world naturally punishes these good persons like if it wasn't natural

Find it yourself. The funny thing is its always in front of you.

historical evidence for the resurrection of Christ and the reliability of the New Testament documents.
I have here linked two YouTube playlists, which investigate the Resurrection and the reliability of the New Testament.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TUYymBPce08oyuhnHLLkR_B
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TW70EEo4e2onJ4lq1QYSzrY

If you want to look at the evidence of the resurrection in particular, check out the work of Gary Habermas, NT Wright, and William Lane Craig (will link if you're interested). If you want more info about the reliability of the New Testament documents, check out Daniel Wallace (again, will link if interested).
Habermas:
youtube.com/watch?v=5znVUFHqO4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ay_Db4RwZ_M

Wright:
youtube.com/watch?v=KnkNKIJ_dnw

Craig
youtube.com/watch?v=_NAOc6ctw1s
youtube.com/watch?v=4iyxR8uE9GQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oAxPHWF8aec

Wallace:
youtube.com/watch?v=6lEmch2OAhs
youtube.com/watch?v=XvR4zGnwRD0
youtube.com/watch?v=wiWKifMu6f8
youtube.com/watch?v=u0v6JItV5-w&list=PLFB1EE14B97D1F55E

Bonus round: J Warner Wallace (former professional detective studies the reliability of the New Testament claims):
youtube.com/watch?v=qzPOTeo9BR8
youtube.com/watch?v=nkllFXIsV6M

Sorry if I'm bombarding and alienating you with (long) YouTube links, but there really is so much evidence out there in favour of Christianity, you can't ignore it.

spooped

I absolutely and literally believe you.

Quantum physicists at CERN found that if they expected particles to behave X way, they behaved X way. They had to devise ways to observe quantum particles moving between universes without human observation.
And watching /pol expect=create this past election? oh yeah, we're all connected like ganglion, all the universes connect, our ideas have mass, and it is possible for us to consciously tap into the connection.
The meme warriors know what it felt like to be tapped into the universe and connected to each other on election night.

Who fucking cares? Has god been reduced to stupid magic tricks shown to children? Cure a disease or something

youtube.com/watch?v=4C5pq7W5yRM

youtube.com/watch?v=v2Xsp4FRgas

youtube.com/watch?v=s2ULF5WixMM

youtube.com/watch?v=3Yt7hvgFuNg

youtube.com/watch?v=RQPRqHZRP68

There is no proof of god. Get over it. Before your spirit was born on earth you had more knowledge of life and what you wanted out of it. You knew what earth would be like and it still sounded more fun than eternity. You are being tested and agreed to the test. The test is to find faith and belief in god without proof of him, and to live a godly life.

Kek is real. Praise him!

Jesus Christ you're stupid

The first week I heard it, it was pretty constant and I was having 2-way conversations with it, and I was genuinely losing my shit because I was worried I was developing schizophrenia. Couldn't sleep worth shit, spent as much time as possible blaring music on my headphones to try and drown it out. Not a fun situation to be in. After a week of this, I broke down and said in prayer "Lord, I can't do this, this is too much for me and I'm doubting my sanity because I have no way of knowing if it's you or just an overactive imagination."

The voice told me verbatim "If I tell you to hurt someone, steal, lie or do anything immoral you can completely disregard this. For the time being I'll speak less to you though." Dropped down to hearing it pip in three or four times a week after.

It's been pretty good since.

>Cure a disease or something
Read on. Healings happened at Fatima, and at many other Marian apparitions, like Our Lady of Lourdes.

stop fucking dogs

Wow. Glad I never prayed that much.

yup sounds like the devil to me

>upside down 666

That sounds ok, but try asking it if Jesus is Lord or something, something that would make a devil recoil. If it really is God, then you must be blessed

Eh. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Still fucking terrifying when you don't know if you can trust your own head anymore.

Penetration's not allowed in Leafland.

redpill me on cold hell

There is no way to provide this. The idea that an all powerful being created the universe creates a problem more complex than the original one of what created the universe by creating the question of what created a being that powerful. Just wait til your dead and find out

We create our own reality. We are capable of creating our own reality. We have complete free will. And I just dont mean to choose just how to live your life, but to CREATE our entire universe through joint expectation.

one physicist can affect change on a quantum particle level, merely through expectation of that particle's behavior. That's proved. You could extrapolate that to a position that multiple humans could affect change on a larger scale.

>Hears actual voice of God
>God never shuts up

May kek be with you.

I always addressed it as "Lord", "God", "Father", something like that, but my concern was primarily "Am I just talking to myself here? What the fuck am I doing?"

Then do it. I hear everyone saying we're gods and we can make our reality, even though I never saw anyone make anything or prove what their asserting. Must be pretty weak gods.

You should really seek counselling. You sound psychotic.

>one physicist can affect change on a quantum particle level, merely through expectation of that particle's behavior. That's proved.
no, no it's not

Again, why I was so terrified.

nope

sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/02/980227055013.htm

why can't I materialize 1 million dollars in my front right now?

www.nobodytm.com

God created the earth, not the garbage city of Babylon built on top of it.

You are wrong, and BTFO, Q.E.D.

and this explanation is for laymen

highexistence.com/this-will-mindfuck-you-the-double-slit-experiment/

Fuck you aquafresh. If digits YOUR mother will die tonight for you posting something so cancerous.

This is total horseshit and you know it. Prove you have free will by flying off a tall building and post pictures fag.

Free will

The gnostics believe god did not make the world as we know it. It was the lesser beings called Archons who tried to make things in their image but fail and make a mess of it all.

Also speculation is that they feed off our pain, fear, anger

and the earth sucks, look at the nature, if it was created then god wanted us to get fucked until we built walls to keep it away from us

will try to watch some once i am out of class; are any of these straight to the point?

No, the earth is perfect. Only niggers dislike animals tbqh.

oh wow that article is incredibly misleadingly written, and I don't blame you for misunderstanding it
the reason they put "watching" in quotes, is because they're not talking about someone looking at something

they're talking about a so called "observation", which in physics is just a particle interaction

this might help:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_effect_(physics)
>In quantum mechanics, there is a common misconception that it is the mind of a conscious observer that causes the observer effect in quantum processes. It is rooted in a misunderstanding of the quantum wave function ψ and the quantum measurement process.

>6th planet from the sun
>66.6 degree tilt
>Building block of life, Carbon is 6 neutrons, 6 electrons and 6 protons
>Sun shines in hexagonal pattern whether viewed through camera lense or with naked eye

Truly God's creation, planet Earth. Sure.

watch the ninth configuration

your journey is what convinces you, not the journeys of others

>Disliking own kind
God just made the Earth. Everyone just fucked it up senpai

A kind god would not let his presence be known after teaching them. Faith requires lack of proof to be worth a damn.

A kind god would allow you to make your own path.

>"6th planet from the sun"

>Disliking own kind
I'm not a nigger, or animal.

>implying earth revolves around the sun
>implying there is a "solar system"
veiled sun worship from your nasa overlords

said the city faggot

>city faggot
What is that? Speak properly and I might be able to respond properly.

Fuckin loved that show

Wish I could live in the 90s again

You don't learn from your mistakes, failures, sadness, etc... Then you're not using the Free Will that God has granted you.

this meme works both ways..

You literally cannot have faith when you have proof. And why should god not want to leave the door of doubt always open as a valid exit from him? That is caring imho

What kind of insipid monkey are you to expect God to play by our rules regarding morality and ethical reasoning. Why would any god limit themselves to our thinking patterns? A being with infinite power doesn't have the need to waste their time with trivial emotions or moral dilemmas.

>free will god gave you
murderers, rapists, pedophiles, terrible atrocities committed by humans
>god has a plan for us all

Which is it, faggot

God and religion were tools used by eliteists to keep people in line

I can't convince you that my version of religion is true. I can't even be sure that it's something that would make sense to you. That being said, it doesn't have to make sense to you. Religion is a personal thing. It makes sense to me and brings me comfort.

I don't think that our god doesn't care about us, I just think its like one man trying to divide his attention between billions of children and a hard day at work. He may not always be there when we want him to, but he is there when we need him to be. I think he is currently dealing with much more important things on a cosmic scale to worry about what we pray to him for. I also think that he looks very lowly on begging without offerings, and values his followers to go out and actually get glory for themselves rather than ask for him to make things better

Benor

>committed by humans
>blaming God for human actions
Wait wait you're blaming God for the bad things humans did not you know the humans who did the bad things?

Makes perfect sense.