How can I be a Christian if I don't think that Jesus rose from the dead?

How can I be a Christian if I don't think that Jesus rose from the dead?

I dig a lot of the philosophy within the bible, I dig that Christianity is great at building social cohesion, etc.

Though, all the paranormal stuff surrounding Jesus, and the Tall Tales in the Old Testament are off-putting, you know?

I'd love to go to church with a chick and shit, but I roll my eyes when they talk about him rising from the dead

Wat do

Just love Jesus and do as he preached. All the mystical stuff is bullshit. Jesus looked like a homeless guy, he did not encourage people to build glamorous cathedrals and wear golden robes.

Stoicism

Read the Enchiridion by Epictetus and then read his Discourses. The Enchiridion is an extremely short read too.

Just wait for death and then hope that God takes pity on retards.

It's okay, OP. You're a cultural Christian. Or a philosophical Christian. You don't need to throw away all of the valuable rituals, affiliations, and insights into the human condition on a technicality.

And you know like I said, it'd be cool to just go to church with a chick and shit

But I'm trying to figure out how I can sit there while she's all happy and shit, and I'm refraining from rolling my eyes - you know?

He's got it.

All you need is a personal relationship with God. Hence why the bible is vague. It's not made for others to interpret God's plan for you but for you to interpret it for yourself.

I'd suggest focusing on Job and Solomon in old then Romans, Corinthians in new (for beginners).

Read Tolstoy.

Also, Kings.. that's some Tolkien level shit.

you can still be a christian, just a bad one
msot christians are shitty christians today so youll fit it, just dont voice it loudly and youll be fine
when you get converted play it cool with the priest, he wont accept you if he thinks you are there for the meme

Whats stopping you from believing user? So you would prefer your life to be dull and boring.

Exactly, I'm there for the meme. It's a dank as fuck meme though, so I can't miss out on it. I just think it's a little silly even for me.

But i mean yea, I know that I'm not the smartest guy in even the bench I'm sitting in at church, so I wonder how most Christians go along with it all
That's what I mean. Church shit can be fun, I don't want to walk away from it, so I'm trying to figure out how to internalize these doubts n' shit.

honestly buddy a lot of stories in the bible are just allegories and metaphors. People in the old days were a lot less literal than we are today, and thought that by using allegories more complex ideas could be expressed. This belief is being stripped away from us, which is why so many are fucking dumb now.

A good church or Christian for that matter will welcome critism.

We continue to grow in the body of Christ. He'll I've had random people make me completely toss my beliefs out the door and make me start over.

"I stopped outside a church house
where the citizens like to sit.
They say they want the Kingdom,
but they don't want God in it."

Doesn't work that way, kid. Anyway, you're going to die soon.

That is utterly false, and obviously comes from someone who has never read the Bible, which is anything but vague.

Also from someone who has never read the Bible.

Just hurry up and die. That's all you'll ever be useful for.

This is revisionist nonsense.

Just because you don't understand how the resurrection happened doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The science behind the Bible implies we live in an eternal, multi-dimensional, somewhat holographic universe.

Just because the USGovt has spent billions trying to convince people atheism=science doesn't mean they're correct.

Get ready for an overdue correction.

Source: aliens

Sure, and yeah I mean, I get that even before the Enlightenment most thought they were silly - they had to have.

But all the paranormal shit surrounding jesus performing miracles, and furthermore him rising from the dead?

There's no metaphors there that I can see, it's shit that his followers straight up fabled in order to pimp up the status of the church they were trying to create.

Is that shit that I just roll my eyes over, or what?

Furthermore I wonder how many people today believe in that, or at least how they view it anyway

Uh hey buddy I was raised a Jehovah's Witness, we all read the bible, bible study, etc. Weird how you assume such things about people. You sound like a major asshole.

You were in a cult. You probably read a corrupted version. If you did in fact read it, which is doubtful.

We get it, you roll your eyes. Stop bragging about being a disrespectful little shit and tell us why you're so much smarter than the rest of us.

No that's what I'm saying, because I'm not the smartest guy in the room there has to be another take on his miracles and resurrection.

I'm asking around to get perspectives on it. I don't think people truly believe that anybody actually rose from the dead.

>How can I be a Christian if I don't think that Jesus rose from the dead?

You can't. This is literally the definition of unbelief. If Jesus was God, then He could come back from the dead. If you don't believe that then you don't believe he was the Son of God and you are essentially a Jew/Agnostic.

You have to understand that people back then, and even people today to some degree, were very uneducated. You ever hear of people that go blind, or deaf because of stress? These are called psychosomatic disorders, and can be cured through mental therapies.

It is very possible that Jesus healed people with psychosomatic illnesses, through faith alone, believing that he was God's son and convincing others of it as well.

Many ailments, actually, can be attributed to mental disease, which was most likely very prevalent in Jesus' days. Exorcisms as well are a primitive form of therapy, to heal those with mental disease.

Obviously we'll never know if he actually did perform miracles, but I wouldn't be so quick to think that his followers were just making shit up.

Edgy as fuck m8o

u jus hav 2 hav faith bro :^)

I've read multiple translations of the bible

Mennonites too?
Tell me where your priests touched you.

>How can I be a Christian if I don't think that Jesus rose from the dead?
That's like asking "How can I be a senator without being a politician?" or "How can I be a vegetarian while eating meat?". Believing that Jesus rose from the dead is a requirement to be a Christian, if you don't believe that, you're not a Christian, period. You can still agree with Christianity's values, but you won't be a Christian.

> a lot of stories in the bible are just allegories and metaphors
>Also from someone who has never read the Bible.

Are Americans genuinely this dumb?

I mean I know you have a reputation to maintain but holy shit

how do i stop jerkin off

I there such a thing as a Cultural Christian?