Why did Rand Paul vote for this ISP bill everyone on Reddit is so scared of? Rand's a smart guy...

Why did Rand Paul vote for this ISP bill everyone on Reddit is so scared of? Rand's a smart guy, I want to hear his reasoning.

Other urls found in this thread:

senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00093#position
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So delicious. So nutritious. Its texture that of the finest Persian tapestry. Its fragrance akin to an eccentric cheese of le cordon bleu. My tounge wrapping gently around its entirety causing my neurons to depolarize by opening ion gated potassium channels in which calcium flows down its concentration gradient to stimulate the corpuscles on my tounge as I separate the skin from the shaft. Ever so gently I tossle his black-cock foreskin between my lips in a fashion similar to tasting a fine wine. This fine wine however is all mine :)

I need details on the bill.

he's a
>le free market libertarian
who has no foresight whatsoever.
the only thing that can drive someone to believe in the free market is their denial in the existence of monopolies and jews.

It repeals protection of your internet and browsing history letting ISPs sell it.

Because selling your data brings in $24B a year. Take SAP Consumer Intelligence 365 for instance. You walk into a store. At the door, a device recognizes your mobile phone by IMEI, and now the store knows

>Your Name
>Your Address
>Your Phone Number
>Your E-mail Address
>Your Age
>Your Gender
>Your Household Income
>What products you have recently been searching for
>Your marital status
>Your sexual orientation
>Your religion
>Your interests
>How long you spent in the store
>Where you came from (previous 10 locations)

What if AT&T and Verizon couldn't sell that data to SAP? What if Facebook and Google couldn't sell that data. The store might not know you're a cock guzzling trap in need of a new dildo.

Because it doesn't really accomplish jack shit other than give google/facebook more market share over browsing data.

The real solution is to make it so people have 20 IP's to choose from just like there are dozens of vpns where ppl rate them and discuss their service.

It changes the regulator of ISPs back to the FTC. It was regulated by the FCC from october 2016 onwards.
In other words, it's nothing. Just ignore the fearmongering redditors.

Damn it. So close...

So you guys getting free internet now? If they are making money off you shouldn't you benefit as well?

>Why would a Libertarian faggot vote for deregulating a Market?

Why wouldn't he is the better question. One day you'll realize what every liberal in the world already has. Libertardians and Republicans only care about Corporate interests at the expense of the working class. They will NEVER be on your side.

what? good old Rand "Amnesty" Paul?

It references a law from the 20's... Literally no reason to not want it in place.

My internet speed went up to 300Mbps down without a price raise at all

Rand sucks Koch Brothers cock. He's controlled opposition. If it's good for big biz, Rand has to back it in spite of supposedly having libertarian values.

There isn't much ISP competition in america though, this bill should have never been pushed ahead. The ISP's in america are a complete disgrace and I have nothing but respect for americans who have to deal with their bureaucratic obstructive greedy shit

Because the problem is the existence of these forced monopolies. Micromanaging these forced monopolies isn't the solution.

Because the Jew media lies about the rule and its impact just like they lie about everything else and spread nigger filth throughout the culture.

RE ELECTION CAMPAIGN FUNDS
Verizon, etc donated crap loads of money to their re election campaign, and they voted for the bill. That's how politics works, kids. They give no shits about you.

>>Your Gender

if the FTC want to put forward privacy rules for ISP's then they will do so. this is typical of the retard left picking one thing out and having a collective panic attack.

It's called property rights. I sell you a service under certain conditions and you pay for it. You don't like that I sell your info then you don't purchase my service.

It's ironic really that people care about this and not the CIA or NSA spying on americans. Sad!

Because turning the internet into a "utility" like Onigger wanted to, would be a terrible thing.

This bill fixes that.

Decreasing government regulation of corporations. Anyone whose ever worked at a corporation knows that a ton of money is wasted on compliance. Corporations have to choose between paying thousands in regulatory violations or compliance due dilligence to make sure that they aren't accidentally breaking any of the arbitrary regulations. Google, youtube, facebook, and all the other tech websites are completely unregulated with regard to private data. This law just levels the regulatory playing field so that comcast and verizon dont get boned for doing the same things google does. It's not even about selling private data, it's about avoiding lawsuits and regulatory messes that don't need to exist.

> reddit

He didn't

senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00093#position

>Not Voting
This is a great choice, he doesn't betray his libertarianism and he doesn't betray the people either
Rand's a nice senator

Rand is the rightful heir of Ron Paul and Libertarian movement. He will be a president of USA after Trump.

>implying that won't go to Bernie