Rudolf Hess

Recently was reading about Hitler's cabinet.

Was what the UK did to Hess legal?

He flew to the UK in order to negotiate peace early in the war after full Nazi occupation, alone, and they decided to imprison him for the rest of his life.

Isn't it war etiquette that you don't imprison someone that is trying to engage in diplomacy? Hasn't that been common knowledge since Roman times?

Another example of naive German altruism I suppose.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/otD52qwC9xw
sourcebooks.fordham.edu/mod/1946hoess.html
secretscotland.org.uk/index.php/Secrets/RudolfHessFlight
unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Rudolf_Hess
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was a desperate, last-ditch effort on part of the German government.

British conduct during that war was fucking disgusting. The Germans tried to negotiate peace a number of times (while winning, no less), and the Brits not only shot them down, but tried to keep the information secret so that they could better persuade neutral countries to enter the war on their side.

Hell, they actually forged "super secret German documents" that detailed German plans to dismantle all religions and carve up parts of South America.

Naturally, when the "information" was passed off to our government, it fell into the hands of interventionists who used it as a talking point.

tl;dr: No, but the most of what the British did in WWII was bad.

>It was a desperate, last-ditch effort on part of the German government.
No it wasn't, he took it upon himself & acted without the government's consent.

>people in this thread think the Nazi's were anything but incompetent morons who led their nation into self destruction and ruin.

BOMBER HARRIS DO IT AGAIN!

Yes, I suppose that's why he came with a fairly detailed treaty.

Or, you know, maybe there's some nuance to the situation and Hitler was forced to denounce him as a madman acting without consent of the Government after Hess' arrest became public.

A politician dabbling in politicking? Unheard of.

>Being happy that our warmongering Government forced us into a war that was none of our business
>Taking pride in a victory that gave us nothing, but handed much of the world to Communism

I don't have an obnoxious enough picture of obese people clapping for this post.

Of course not. He was locked up specifically to prevent the British people knowing that peace was a possibility, for fear that they'd demand their government pursue it.

Even if you hate Nazis, you can't deny how terrible the British government fucked up and how it's miscalculations and mismanagement of the situation allowed the USSR to become a superpower that threatened the world for decades, resulting in hundreds of millions of deaths.

The details of the Hess case are locked away in top secret files,we may never know. What we do know tough, is that whatever it was was explosive enough to justify the British government murdering him 50 years after the war.

This. They were bumbling boobs. It's eyeroll inducing to watch angsty teens pretend they were anything other than incompetent Keystone Kops.

>This.

>checks flag

Never surprised to see a brainwashed Brit sticking up for that fat pig Churchill and his kike Queen Elizabeth

William Shirer pls go

Really macerates my macadamias: youtu.be/otD52qwC9xw

He testified that he oversaw the murder of 3.5 million at Auschwitz...

How when he was arrested before the camps were even set up....

I suppose it was kind of unfair on their part but it was also completely retarded on his part. After the Battle of Britain he should have known they wouldn't go easy on him.

Incorrect, Hitler asked him to reach his contacts in Britain and negotiate a peace negotiation. Hess wrote a letter to his friend (I forget his name, but he was important) but the letter was intercepted by British Intelligence. After not receiving a reply, Hess asked Hitler for permission to go and Hitler agreed.

Nazi magic

That was Rudolf Hoess. He was tortured for his "confessions" as well.

Bullshit. That was Hoess, not Hess.

sourcebooks.fordham.edu/mod/1946hoess.html

One thing both sides argeed on, even during the war, was that Hess was a raving lunatic. I mean, maybe he had some brilliant insight, or maybe a time traveller or alien contacted him with secret information, but in this, our timeline, he was nuts and keeping him locked up for the rest of his life was for his own good.

Hess=/=Höss

fugg

He had contact with people who say completely otherwise, idiot.

>tfw a Paki smashed the historic Hess landing zone monument because DAS RAYCISS and MUH EQUALITY

Sorry, you're right. He appeared to be completely rational. But...if he was right, everyone else was wrong. And that is unacceptable.

They also ripped up his (and his families) grave a couple of years ago, Hitler's parents too. Absolutely disgusting behaviour

He wasn't a lunatic or nuts, but it's rumored he was schizophrenic.
In his diaries he wrote that when he closed his eyes, he could see an endless line of children's coffins with English and German mothers crying beside them, and behind them mother's coffins with children crying beside them.
These visions were what drove Hess to succeed in his mission of peace. He legitimately thought he was going to end the brother's war.

Aye. It's like nobody fucking learnt anything from WWII beyond WE DA GUD GUYS, THEY BAD.

secretscotland.org.uk/index.php/Secrets/RudolfHessFlight

>A memorial stone was placed to mark the site of the landing. There have been reports indicating attacks and vandalism to the site, behaviour which reflects badly on our society, as these actions are demonstrations of the very intolerance World War II was fought to prevent.

is that why we stole all over their scientists after the war? because they were incompetent morons?

nigger jew.

I also suspect that the people responsible for the vandalism may be affiliated/have an association with local Antifa groups. I may have made the connection via Redwatch.

The great 'Unsolved Mysteries' TV series did a segment on Rudolf Hess, where numerous witnesses swore it was not Hess who was detained for life, but a doppelganger. Hess' secretaries visited and it is well covered in ep.

unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Rudolf_Hess

I believe Amazon Prime has the ep.

The problem was, everyone, the Germans, the Brits, the Russians, the Americans, the Japanese, and the other countries wanted war. He was the sane one in a world of madness, but to be "that guy," means you are too far from the normals to be sane. His visions were simply reality. He was Cassandra, cursed to see the future and tell the truth to a world that refused to hear it. We're in that same kind of world now. It's better to just withdraw and shut up than it is to tell everyone to calm down and talk it out because it just not going to work.

He was such a fundamentally good, principled and gentle soul that it makes his treatment all the crueller. If he had been an opportunist like Speer I doubt he would have been treated the way he was.

>It's better to just withdraw and shut up than it is to tell everyone to calm down

Why are you here if you subscribe to this common belief of dropping out of a society beyond education and redemption?

Hess flew to the UK to negotiate peace without the authorization of Hitler, pretty sure he was mentally ill

>tried to keep the information secret so that they could better persuade neutral countries to enter the war on their side
>British tried to win the war
Those awful faggots! Tell us more truth, burgerbro!

>a victory that gave us nothing,
Nigger you can't be this fucking ignernt of the middle-late 20th century

I ask myself that same question all the time. I guess it is because I am old and will be gone soon anyway.

Exactly, think of the horrors of a world without blacked.com or transexual toddlers. Ugh