What's the point of life if you don't believe in God?

Experiencing new things, making others happy, having children and teaching them respectable values like hard work and critical thinking. You know, all the things you can do whether or not you believe in a god.

But none of that matters ultimately when you're dead

This, except I think the kids bit is ill advised. The world is not a kind place, I don't want to introduce a sentient being into a slave planet of endless suffering

It matters to you for as long you're alive and to the people you leave an impact on for as long as they're alive.

The way you phrased that makes it sound less like a religious issue and more one of depressive thinking... are you doing okay, user?

Everything matters when you're constantly living in the moment.

The point you determine for yourself

What do you think happens to you when you die?

It's getting sp00ky in here

what's the point of life if there's an afterlife

What do I care? I'm alive right now. The things I do right now matter to the people I care about right now. When I'm dead, I'll be in an entirely different state, one that my aliveness right now has no impact on, as you said.

Aren't you concerned with what comes after death? After all life is nothing in comparison to an eternity of death

this

I like to collect moss and read.

Of course I am, everyone wonders, but ultimately it doesn't matter, so I don't dwell on it. The only certainty is that I am alive right now, which means that I can only deal in the certainty I know. I am certain that I can enjoy my day doing the things I like, I am certain I can make a positive difference to my friends and strangers who become friends, and I am certain I can plan for the future for as much as I can to make the previous two all the more meaningful to me. That's all that concerns me.

Having kids and raising them right

To spiritually evolve through the divine knowledge of Satan.

Nihilism and absurdism...

It's great fun try it out

>I don't want to introduce a sentient being into a slave planet
>implying you can even get a partner to reproduce with you

Whether you believe in God or not, you should never ask what's the point. A moment is most special when we are farthest from asking such things.

>but ultimately it doesn't matter,

That's where you're wrong though. You don't know whether it matters or not, nobody does.

Agreed.
I'm not sure how I stopped thinking about it, but it's nice not to.

to spunk up some sluts guts and pass on your genus with your penis.

Killing Commies

And there's a point when you're a believer? Oh, my bad, 70 virgins. I remember now. Just get pussy while you're alive desu.

This

Eat tasty shit, drive meat skeleton, laugh at absurdity of it all, thank kek that it'll be over some day and you'll feel none the worse for it

I should specify: it doesn't matter to me. In a just sense of an afterlife, positive actions should be weighed in my favor, and negative actions should weighed against my favor. I believe the life I've led so far has had more of a positive effect on others and myself. This means that in terms of a just afterlife, I will be rewarded accordingly. If the afterlife is unjust, what do I care? How would I be living my life differently? If the afterlife is unjust, that is all the more reason to try to make a heaven on earth, to encourage people to live happier lives down here before an unjust afterlife takes you. As such, at the end of the day, the concept of an afterlife has no bearing on my actions. I choose to live the way I do because I enjoy doing it.

Stupid leaf

What's the point if you do?
A: Life is objectively meaningless.
B: You exist only as God's puppet and have no real agency of your own.

I dont know because im not dead, ill figure out what comes after life when im dead

I dont believe the Lord of the OT is really God.

He is too Jealous.

My God has no reason to be Jealous.

My God does not have an Adversary.

Your following the Demiurge.

>what the fuck does the word legacy mean

Just makes it that much easier.

why all of a sudden did communication between God and humans stop? Why don't we experience any of the supernatural shit that happened in the bible anymore? the bible would have been better if it was just about Jesus' life and what he stood for, etc

No you can do those things just not as well

because I have to do my part at the day of the rake

Wreck shit, virtue signalling and atheist prayers.

Who says there is a point to life? Or to anything, for that matter?

Lil stingy with YOUR god, eh? Can't you break off a piece for us anons to share?

Not as well how? I believe an atheist performing a good deed is more honest than a religious person performing a good deed, and that lends more value to the deed itself. An atheist has no reason to perform that good deed other than to see the good that atheist creates. A religious person will perform a good deed because there is an entire concept of otherworldly reward behind it. No matter how good the deed is, no matter how pleasing the sight is to them, the motivation for religious reward will always be there as a major subtext in their faith.

what's the point of believing in a god?

very very spooky

Better? That's hard to prove, but I betcha wouldn't have lasted the teat of time if it was some boring book without contention.

i too tell chicks i'm a nihilist who doesn't want to have any kids, easy lay

Staving off death as long as possible while distracting yourself from the pointlessness of it all through entertainment.

maybe one of the thousands of other gods that humans have made up

Continuing to live

You were also dead for an eternity before you were born. You've alrea been there. Nothing to be afraid of.

Have white children.

honestly if youve dug deep enough into spirituality and not just religion (Christian here) the question becomes is god really what we think he is not what is life without.
little story time for you
>be me
>be in high school
>be edgy stoner faggot
>youth for christ has a DC trip
>join youth for christ to go on trip and get sweet bible thumping ass
>end up in a stadium with 30,000 christians from all across the east coast
>all pray at the same time
>holy spirit, batman
the presence of God was felt by all incredibly powerful. it took me years to understand what was felt in that room. but with an moderate grasp of spirituality and magik i came to understand that what felt really was what most would call god. but when you get that man people together focusing on the samething specifically on an power outside ones body, it creates what is known as an egregore. you can believe what you want but im here to say that man created the Christian god we worship today, not the other way around. the only thing is an egregore IS a god. probably what every deity, demon, god, or greater power has ever been.
basically the belief in something makes it real.

eating delicous watermelon

who says its stopped? we just see the world differently. plus were out of touch with spirit

that is possibly the worst rationalization I've ever read for god's case.

I think there's a parrot a few houses over --> therefore it is. nice.

Smoking weed and hoping that ayy lmaos invade during my lifetime. If ayy lmaos are "demons" like christcucks believe then replace ayy lmaos with demons in my first sentence.

If digits they are ayy lmaos, if no digits they are demons.

He-Who-Is is ineffable. No principle knew him, no authority, no subjection, nor any creature from the foundation of the world, except he alone. For he is immortal and eternal, having no birth; for everyone who has birth will perish. He is unbegotten, having no beginning; for everyone who has a beginning has an end. No one rules over him. He has no name; for whoever has a name is the creation of another. He is unnameable. He has no human form; for whoever has human form is the creation of another. He has his own semblance - not like the semblance we have received and seen, but a strange semblance that surpasses all things and is better than the totalities. It looks to every side and sees itself from itself. He is infinite; he is incomprehensible. He is ever imperishable (and) has no likeness (to anything). He is unchanging good. He is faultless. He is everlasting. He is blessed. He is unknowable, while he (nonetheless) knows himself. He is immeasurable. He is untraceable. He is perfect, having no defect. He is imperishably blessed. He is called 'Father of the Universe'.

This is an argument that has a secondary purpose, designed by the jew. It seeks to steal morality from you, posing as if you can only be good and have purpose if you give them your money, or at least further their agenda as their spokesperson(they do it for free). Christianity and islam were created by the jew to give the illusion of choice, and also as a way to identify those who belong to the chosen people. They are the most ingenious group to exist in the world, as they have successfully brainwashed billions into perpetuating the world to believe our existence to be as they believe it to be. You only believe there to be a god because of them. They play on your fears of your own insignificance, and the fear of death. They will tell you of the [greater plan], that after death comes bliss and love but only if you believe. Only if you give them your money and perpetuate the state of existence of god. You're a puppet being played like a fiddle. They fear only one thing, that you will open your eyes to the world and abandon their cause. God is the jew icon, the brand, the company slogan. Every time you mention god, you go "Mmm, I'm lovin' it."

believe what you will.

Explain that to my gf

>implying that because it doesn't happen to you it happens to no one

Matthew 13:12 KJV
[12] For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
-Jesus

If you have faith through humility and lowliness of life God will reveal himself to you, either by sign or Word. Sometimes the word is literal, most the time it is the key to understanding his written word (KJV). I have prayed and been healed of diseases, escaped disasters and found treasures on the ground. I've seen stars move in strange ways in the sky and I've been given a heart to endure impossible tragedies

Have faith and God will give to you what you seek

to kill niggers

CIAyy lmao

this

I don't believe in either theism or atheism because it's a non-argument without proof on either end. its a waste of my time

>has no impact on

You might want to rethink that one

We must secure the existance of our people and a future for white children.

cause its not about proof, its about faith.
>not believe in atheism
are you retarded? you dont believe in not having a belief.

Nothing.

"faith" is just a rationalization for an unfalsifiable claim. this is the dividing point for intelligent people and the rest.

>you dont believe in not having a belief.

quit being pedantic god damn.

Making enough money to survive and hopefully soon enough prosper

get several thousand people to pray to said parrot wouldn't that parrot have power? im just saying there is a power we dont see that when a mass of people give credence to it becomes real. go over to /x/ and ask about a tulpa same consept just with a lot more people

Why does it matter? Everything in life dies, there is nothing more natural in life than death. So what is there to fear? Pain is all I can think of.

I read this in a really low snakey voice

please god hates commies so even if you don't believe you still go to heaven it is a win win

We must secure the existance of our people and a future for white children.

it makes me sad there are people like you.

just because you will something does not make it true. aren't you essentially saying that HUMANS are the gods if we can will that kind of power into existence?

nice quip.

>your legacy doesnt matter

Suffering is what allows us to grow. If you based your values on avoiding suffering you'd end up weak and path-

Oh. Nevermind.

To contribute towards the improvement of society.

Either by shaping culture, by performing a meaningful role in society (such as a doctor), or by having children and raising them properly.

im not saying we created ourselves or anything. just saying that when millions of people give power to something that isnt there "it" still has power.
go to /x/ ask about tulpas same basic concept.

>What is entropy and meaning converging on zero

Your concept of god is undefined, therefore, your belief in it lacks meaning. You have made god out to be undefined for a purpose, so that you can project on to that empty concept of god your own ideas of morality whenever it serves you. Morality that originates from you, you project onto god to be able to claim that your god is unquestionably morally good. It is a self-serving argument designed by an ill willed mind who seeks to justify his actions through deferring the responsibility on to an imaginary concept.

Agnosticism is an argument based on a theistic claim, it is a theistic claim by extention. You are a slave to the undefined concept of god to humour it. There is no difference between the following claims: There may exist a god beyond the universe. There may exist a tree where cars grow instead of roots beyond the universe. The difference is not in the argument, but in you. You believe in the divine claim to be different from the insane claim because you have been successfully brainwashed.

The power you speak of is the power over your mind, you have been successfully brainwashed. You have given over the sovereignty of your inner self. This allows people to speak to you as if they have a truly close connection to some higher power, and command you to do their nefarious bidding. The moment you reject that power, they lose control over you, and you become free. This is what they fear. The power of the crowd can be felt at any large concert. People as far as the eyes can see giving in to the collective ecstasy. If the band members siezed that power, they would control you. The difference between a band and the clergy is that you cannot get close to or understand the clergys claim. You are as brainwashed as scientologists buying E-meters and chanting in a ring for nothing more than you to accept that they have power over your mind. You are sheep without resistance to the mind shepherds.

What's the point of life if you believe in God?

you live like a stupid animal, shame yourself.

you just explained my entire story in another way and added more details. im the sheep because you dont understand. but thats alright friend

What is the point of doing anything good if you believe you are subservient to the creator of all evil?

because it wasn't just evil that was created

Buddhaism is a nice way of looking at life yet its very very hard to handle or practice.

>You believe in the divine claim to be different from the insane claim because you have been successfully brainwashed.

well, that's where you're wrong. the concept of god is unfalsifiable like you stated here:

>There is no difference between the following claims: There may exist a god beyond the universe. There may exist a tree where cars grow instead of roots beyond the universe.

therefore, an argument that is unfalsifiable cannot be disproven, so it would be ridiculous to say that god does not exist if you logistically cant.

my claim is not that there may be a god, its that the whole concept is bullshit on either end and physics is the true path of intellectual and spiritual freedom.

It is evil that overshadows and interconnects to everything else.

you can say the same of good.

Jesus why are religious people so nihilistic. They'd all commit mass suicide if it wasn't a sin lol.

whats physics is today was magik or religion yesterday.could we also say that you have a belief in science?

There's literally no point in life if you're an atheist. All those philosophers who wrote about the meaning of life say that it ultimately doesn't matter but that we should make the best of it since it's important, which is also false and just said so people don't start to fucking kill themselves. It's not that you should kill yourself. If you decide to do it it just "is".

What do you make out of your life is your own decision and just because it doesn't matter doesn't mean that you should end it.

sure, you could say that I believe in science.

are you taking this in the "faith in science" route?