Why does Japanese anime/vidya portray their characters as Caucasian?

Why does Japanese anime/vidya portray their characters as Caucasian?

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/5627268/why-do-japanese-characters-look-white#js_discussion-region
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that's the most esthetic ethny

Jealousy, because we keep fucking their bitches.
It's like how over here in America we are now portraying characters that are suppose to be white are now black. We are jealous because they keep fucking our bitches.

because nips are ugly and they know it, they CRAVE white seed.

Alternatively it's because big eyes + coloured hair allows for more expressive characters.

Accident of history for the art style, mixed with holdover interest from the Meiji period in all things Western.

I'm more concerned with thiere penchant for skinny limbs ended with giant clown-sized hands and feet.

The "anime style" started with Atom (astro boy) and was heavily inspired by Disney

>WE WUZ CARTOONZ
That's how silly you are.

Betty Boop

Having seen a live-action version of "When They Cry", it was hard to tell the characters apart, as opposed to the anime where they had different hair colours.
"Boogiepop Phantom", the anime version, went some way towards realism but again, it was hard to differentiate who was who when they all looked similar.
Japanese look pretty homogenous so one way to make your characters stand out is to give them differing features, and this tends to mean they will look white European.

kotaku.com/5627268/why-do-japanese-characters-look-white#js_discussion-region
>In a post titled "Why do the Japanese Draw Themselves as White?", blogger Julian Abagond argues that the Japanese do not draw themselves as white. Rather, Westerners (Abagond specifically says "Americans") think that they do.

>"The Japanese see anime characters as being Japanese. It is Americans who think they are white," he writes. "Why? Because to them white is the Default Human Being."

They know hwite/tall/lean/blonde/deep features is beatiful.

Japanese people don't really have an issue understanding that characters with Japanese names, that speak Japanese and more often than not live in Japan are intended to be Japanese.
I can't see how anyone could think that all those anime/manga characters that meet all those criteria are anything else unless stated or made obvious to the contrary.
I mean, if you look at anime/manga characters and think they are white because of the way they are stylized then what do you think the Simpsons are, racially?

Maybe because whites are pretty much the only race that can have different colored hair and eyes and their eyes are actually open.

If every anime character looked like a non-tanned Brock, they'd have an argument, but it is not so.

It was funny in the international release of FFX how the characters were caucasian in most of the game and asian in the FMV cutscenes

because nips want to be white and maybe spics

Japs see their animu people as asian.

>Leaf

All of those are Japanese. As opposed to western cartoons who push diversity and try to ape real life, Japanese anime mostly goes by the rule of cool.

Try the Yakuza franchise
it's one of the few Mainstream games from over there that portrays Japan realistically.
Even down to the looks of people.

How big is Sora's dick?

Didn't know whites had blue hair

I'm going to say its from a basic economic stand point. We're a bigger market for them, so they make their characters mostly Caucasian so that we identify with them more, hence selling more. Not to mention, a bit more artistic liberties to be taken when coming up with a character when considering things like eye and hair color.

Not unless I'm supposed to beunder the impression that one of the most xenophobic countries on the planet is full of people who curse the slantedness of their eyes and wish to have a hair color than black...